Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Halo 3 Trailer
Halo 3 Trailer
2006-05-09, 4:00 PM #1
Posted seconds ago...

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/734/734817/vids_1.html

...Skimpy trailer, but from what they show, sexy.
Think while it's still legal.
2006-05-09, 4:23 PM #2
HALO SUX

>.>
2006-05-09, 4:31 PM #3
Well that was a bunch of crap.

Just a cutcene, more or less.
2006-05-09, 4:41 PM #4
Different Cortana voice :(
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2006-05-09, 4:43 PM #5
Thank god it's almost over.

-I thought the third one was supposed to be non-FPS or something...
2006-05-09, 4:44 PM #6
Sexxxx on a screen.
DO NOT WANT.
2006-05-09, 4:53 PM #7
couldn't get it to download. corrupted on me several times.
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2006-05-09, 5:19 PM #8
Originally posted by 'Thrawn[numbarz:
']HALO SUX

>.>

2006-05-09, 5:42 PM #9
So no in-game footage? :rolleyes:
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2006-05-09, 5:42 PM #10
Why would in game footage be in a movie?
2006-05-09, 5:47 PM #11
Looks ok, but somehow I expected more
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2006-05-09, 6:38 PM #12
Originally posted by Anovis:
Why would in game footage be in a movie?

Well its a trailer, aren't we warrented at least a teaser of what the game will play like?
a stroll to my step;
2006-05-09, 6:44 PM #13
I'm pretty sure that this is all they have done on the entire game... I doubt they have anything else done, especially anything worth showcasing at E3. A prerendered trailer will do fine, since it was just announced.
DO NOT WANT.
2006-05-09, 6:47 PM #14
Originally posted by Zell:
I'm pretty sure that this is all they have done on the entire game... I doubt they have anything else done, especially anything worth showcasing at E3. A prerendered trailer will do fine, since it was just announced.

I doubt that. Sincerely doubt that.

Also, why is everyone saying this is prerendered? We're talking about consoles that are extremely powerful nowadays. This is probably in-game.
D E A T H
2006-05-09, 6:48 PM #15
Originally posted by Sol:
Well its a trailer, aren't we warrented at least a teaser of what the game will play like?

Doesn't matter, it's Halo.
The entire game (minus cutscenes) could be 5 minutes worth of making master chief fart on a snare drum.
It'll still sell just as good if not better than the first two just because it's Halo.

And i'm a fan of Halo at that, the first Halo atleast, the second I didn't like and I really couldn't give a rat's turd for the 3rd.
M$ has been milking this cow for too long.
On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."
2006-05-09, 6:52 PM #16
Originally posted by djwguitarman:
M$ has been milking this cow for too long.

Geez, its only the third in the series... What are yourthoughts on other games with 3+ sequels?
a stroll to my step;
2006-05-09, 6:57 PM #17
It was boring. I am suprised that I watched up to 1:40.
2006-05-09, 7:33 PM #18
So no in-game footage? :rolleyes:

Did you see the E3 teaser for Halo2? Just like this.

still sexy even though Banshees don't give off engine backlash like a jet engine, and anyone spot the freaking ASSAULT RIFLE?
Free Jin!
2006-05-09, 7:50 PM #19
The Halo 2 announcement trailer was prerendered using the Halo 2 engine.
The Halo 3 announcement trailer is rendered REAL TIME using the Halo 3 engine, and current game assets.

Those are live, real, graphics.

Quote:
...but we will note that everything you're seeing here is being rendered in real-time on the Xbox 360, using the current version of our Halo 3 game engine. The HDR lighting, self-shadowing, GPU-run particle system and many other effects should make it intact (and more) to our final game.

And as for content...

Quote:
n fact, it's the stuff it doesn't contain that gives it a strange kind of context. You can see how detailed the Chief is, but that detail applies to our other, unseen, unrevealed characters, vehicles, environment and so on. There's no AI visible in the demo, no multiplayer, and the entire thing has been left deliberately subdued both to give scale to the artifact and because this is our announcement. The real stuff will come later.

Bungie.net Halo 3 Press Release

Hell with what everyone else says. I think it's sexy, and that it will be good, and I will buy it. Damn not having a 360 yet.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2006-05-09, 7:53 PM #20
2007... that pisses me off.
Current Maps | Newest Map
2006-05-09, 11:43 PM #21
Geez, its only the third in the series... What are yourthoughts on other games with 3+ sequels?

In general I don't like them. not unless there is either a 4 or 5 year gap AND the game acctualy does something different or revolutionary.
Halo 2 is not very old. So far this seems just like another Halo as opposed to something new.
Of course I could easily be proven wrong once more info about the game is released, but so far, graphics is the only reason why this isn't just an addon for Halo2.

Of course, really, it's on the 360 so right there I won't have anything to do with it, and when the PC, vista only release comes out in 2015 I'll care even less.
And I'll probably still be playing Halo 1 on my XP PC.
On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."
2006-05-10, 12:05 AM #22
Originally posted by phoenix_9286:
The Halo 2 announcement trailer was prerendered using the Halo 2 engine.
The Halo 3 announcement trailer is rendered REAL TIME using the Halo 3 engine, and current game assets.

Those are live, real, graphics.

And as for content...

Bungie.net Halo 3 Press Release

Hell with what everyone else says. I think it's sexy, and that it will be good, and I will buy it. Damn not having a 360 yet.

it wouldn't be the first time that a company has lied about it's trailer, though.

not that i'm saying they are, but believing it just "because they said so" isn't a very good idea these days
Moo.
2006-05-10, 6:09 AM #23
i'll definately have a 360 by 07
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2006-05-10, 6:09 AM #24
Originally posted by djwguitarman:
Doesn't matter, it's Halo.
The entire game (minus cutscenes) could be 5 minutes worth of making master chief fart on a snare drum.

\m/
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2006-05-10, 11:10 AM #25
That is damned sexy.
>>untie shoes
2006-05-10, 11:13 AM #26
To be honest, I could give a flying **** less for Halo 3. But the graphics are somewhat impressive, though I kind of expected as much from the 360.
D E A T H
2006-05-10, 11:22 AM #27
Honestly I'm to the point where I'll buy it just because I want to know what was supposed to happen in the last level of Halo 2.

Halo 2 was supposed to end with the Master Chief going back to earth and saving the day. This didn't happen because they ran out of time due to promising that damned November 9th release date. They even say so on the documentary on the second disc of the special edition of Halo 2. They ran out of time and couldn't finish the game, so they threw in a half assed boss fight at the end and wrapped it up with a lame cliffhanger.

I just want the rest of Halo 2, and it's a damned shame that I'll have to fork out several hundred dollars to get it.
>>untie shoes
2006-05-10, 12:42 PM #28
Say what you want.

Halo makes me hard.

Only played a little Halo 2.

But i cant wait for 3.

The Halo series is one of the only sci fi storylines i respect.
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-05-10, 1:36 PM #29
Originally posted by Ruthven:
Say what you want.

Halo makes me hard.

But i cant wait for 3.

The Halo series is one of the only sci fi storylines i respect.

So wait...you love halo...and you've only played a bit of the second in the series?

Methinks you need to play more to say you love something :p
D E A T H
2006-05-10, 1:40 PM #30
Love at first sight?
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2006-05-10, 2:00 PM #31
Originally posted by Ruthven:
Halo makes me hard.

Shortest erection ever, then?

Hehe, hidden pun.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-05-10, 2:04 PM #32
Halo sucks.
nope.
2006-05-10, 2:07 PM #33
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]So wait...you love halo...and you've only played a bit of the second in the series?

Methinks you need to play more to say you love something :p[/QUOTE]

He's saying he loves Halo, and what little he's played of Halo 2 makes Halo 3 promising to him. Read before you fanboy him. I'm totally cereal.
Current Maps | Newest Map
2006-05-10, 2:10 PM #34
[QUOTE=Blood Asp]He's saying he loves Halo, and what little he's played of Halo 2 makes Halo 3 promising to him. Read before you fanboy him. I'm totally cereal.[/QUOTE]
I didn't call him a fanboy...and what I read, yes I did read what he said, can be taken one of two ways. 1) He loves the franchise, but has only played a bit of Halo 2, or 2) He loves Halo 1, and has only played a bit of Halo 2 but likes it.

Considering his statement that it's one of the "few sci-fi plotlines he respects" I took it the first way.

Nice try, but still no cigar Asp. Either way, I never called him a fanboy.
D E A T H
2006-05-10, 2:27 PM #35
beens I have no intention of ever buying a 360, PS3 or Wiiiiiiiiii (<<< sorry couldn't help myself) I'm rather lack luster about all the stuff at E3, (K, there is other news but all the headlines are normally for consoles)

Still I played through both halo 1 and 2 with a friend and I loved them both (especially double player on halo 2) and I'm sure he'll be getting a 360 soon and halo3 will be on the list of games he'll own, so I'll play it either way.

I still think MS should get their act together and release halo2 for the PC.
People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots
2006-05-10, 2:35 PM #36
I'm pretty sure they said they are, but it's Vista only.
2006-05-10, 2:45 PM #37
Halo 3 looks alright. I don't think it will be as ground-breaking as Crysis though... nor will the gameplay be so unique after the first two games. I won't really be as fussed to get it as oblivion. I can't wait to get Oblvion... soon as those exams are over it will be mine.

The music reminds me of "Giants: Citizen Kabuto"
Sneaky sneaks. I'm actually a werewolf. Woof.
2006-05-10, 3:41 PM #38
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]So wait...you love halo...and you've only played a bit of the second in the series?

Methinks you need to play more to say you love something :p[/QUOTE]
you've listened to a bands first cd and liked it
and then...
you heard a little of a new one, that little tiny itsy bitsy bit made what you liked better, you love what has been expanded on from the first cd

replace cd with book/game/sex story and its associated descriptors
Free Jin!
2006-05-10, 3:44 PM #39
Originally posted by genk:
you've listened to a bands first cd and liked it
and then...
you heard a little of a new one, that little tiny itsy bitsy bit made what you liked better, you love what has been expanded on from the first cd

replace cd with book/game/sex story and its associated descriptors

Read my next post. And bands are MUCH different than games.
D E A T H
2006-05-10, 5:20 PM #40
Originally posted by A_Big_Fat_CoW:
it wouldn't be the first time that a company has lied about it's trailer, though.

not that i'm saying they are, but believing it just "because they said so" isn't a very good idea these days

Point taken. I'm more inclined to believe Bungie though. I can't think of any situations right off where they're outright lied or twisted their information around.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand

↑ Up to the top!