Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → E3: Smash Bros. Brawl (Last E3 Thread, I swear)
E3: Smash Bros. Brawl (Last E3 Thread, I swear)
2006-05-10, 11:13 PM #41
Actually, I like getting my news from the forums. I consider myself an avid gamer, but I don't really like browsing on IGN or the like these days for some reason. I also like to hear people's thoughts on the matter, people in a community I know and care about (more than other places at least).

With that said, it's interesting to see that not only is Wario in the game, but he's looking as he does in his WarioWare games. Makes me wonder if Waluigi will make an appearance too.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2006-05-10, 11:16 PM #42
If they add Sonic this game will be epic.
2006-05-10, 11:18 PM #43
And, you know, he might be posting it so we can, you know, discuss it, seeing as this is, you know, the discussion forum.

just a thought.
Moo.
2006-05-10, 11:41 PM #44
Originally posted by Bill:
Let me point something out to you, SAJN: Most of the people browsing this board are gamers. We're avid ones. That's why we're on a message board dedicated to editing a videogame. The original game wasn't good enough for us, so we went looking for stuff to make it cooler. K? Got it?

The previous was a public service announcement notifying SAJN_master that everyone present on this board should have a relatively good up to date knowledge of anything they really care about in the videogame industry.

If I gave a **** about the new Smash Bros. game, I would probably know about it by now. But since I don't care, it only annoys me that you care enough to tell me about it.

Everyone knows it's E3 week. If we give a ****, we'll put [url]www.ign.com[/url] in the little space that says "home page."

Man, you're evil. Are you getting a solid eight hours sleep every night?
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2006-05-11, 12:28 AM #45
God damn it. I thought I was done buying consoles.
Now I have to get a Wii =[

-oh, and I use massassi as my gaming news source too =]
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2006-05-11, 2:48 AM #46
Originally posted by Jon`C:

Was Sonic ever on a nintendo console? :confused:
nope.
2006-05-11, 2:52 AM #47
Snake? SNAKE! SNAAAAAAAAAAKE!

*dies of awesome
2006-05-11, 3:35 AM #48
Originally posted by Baconfish:
Yes. Sonic Adventure DX, Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Mega Collection, Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic Gems Collection, Sonic Riders and Sonic Heroes are all on the Gamecube; Sonic Advance 1-3, Sonic Pinball Party and Sonic Battle for the GBA; Sonic Rush for the DS; and a new Sonic game for the Wii (which is a different game from the one on the 360 and PS3).
2006-05-11, 3:55 AM #49
Edit: Didnt watch the trailer, it's Zero Suit Samus... that's stupid... it should have been Nova >.>
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2006-05-11, 4:05 AM #50
Yeah, I'm glad he posted it so we could discuss it.

This was a huge shock for me. We don't get too many surprises after the original press conference anymore - but this is definitely a huge one.

Hopefully they do online right, and not use their current DS system which is pure crap in its online functionality.

Edit: And I found it hilarious when they showed the updates to Mario, Link, etc in the trailer when they got to Kirby. Kirby looking the exact same was :D Damn Kirby...
2006-05-11, 4:28 AM #51
Yes. Sonic Adventure DX, Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Mega Collection, Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic Gems Collection, Sonic Riders and Sonic Heroes are all on the Gamecube; Sonic Advance 1-3, Sonic Pinball Party and Sonic Battle for the GBA; Sonic Rush for the DS; and a new Sonic game for the Wii (which is a different game from the one on the 360 and PS3).

Fair enough, I've never owned a Nintendo.
nope.
2006-05-11, 4:30 AM #52
Let me point something out to you, SAJN: Most of the people browsing this board are gamers. We're avid ones. That's why we're on a message board dedicated to editing a videogame. The original game wasn't good enough for us, so we went looking for stuff to make it cooler. K? Got it?

The previous was a public service announcement notifying SAJN_master that everyone present on this board should have a relatively good up to date knowledge of anything they really care about in the videogame industry.

If I gave a **** about the new Smash Bros. game, I would probably know about it by now. But since I don't care, it only annoys me that you care enough to tell me about it.

Everyone knows it's E3 week. If we give a ****, we'll put [url]www.ign.com[/url] in the little space that says "home page."

Most of the people browsing these boards don't give a **** that you just wasted your time whining about this.
2006-05-11, 4:38 AM #53
everybody at nintendo is a beautiful human.
2006-05-11, 5:06 AM #54
My pants no longer fit.
2006-05-11, 5:40 AM #55
Yea mine either. Wii!!!
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-05-11, 5:47 AM #56
This is seriously the only console I can get excited about.

Seriously.

Xbox360 and PS3 do nothing for my pants.

BUT THE WII MAKES THEM SO TIGHT.
2006-05-11, 5:53 AM #57
I was actually really excited about the 360 at first. It looked great and I thought there would be a great gaming line for it. I was obviously wrong, because hardly even hear about it anymore, and 90% of those games a crap. Gears of War looks outstanding, but its coming out for PC also.

I've seen one single game on the PS3 that caught my eye but I forgot the name.

Wii looks fantastic.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-05-11, 5:56 AM #58

When asked about the possibility of Sonic the Hedgehod appearing in the game as well, Shigeru Miyamoto said: "There are probably possibilities for other third parties as well, and it maybe that even know there are corporate discussions going on about including some of these other characters."

http://revolution.ign.com/articles/707/707504p1.html
2006-05-11, 6:25 AM #59

Not to mention the Sonic the Hedgehog game for the SNES.
D E A T H
2006-05-11, 6:27 AM #60
That article also states that the new SSB will have ONLINE PLAY. (****ing finally)

So we can have a Massassi Tournament.

I CALL SPE AS MY PARTNER. (We can play in twos, it'll be ace, trust me.)

Unfortunately it is no longer a launch title, and will release in 2007. BUT IT'S WORTH THE FREAKING WAIT.
2006-05-11, 1:10 PM #61
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]Not to mention the Sonic the Hedgehog game for the SNES.[/QUOTE]

Which wasn't mentioned because it never happened.
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2006-05-11, 1:33 PM #62
OH MY GOD. I want a Wii more than ever now. It looks like it's going to be HUGE. :)
Sneaky sneaks. I'm actually a werewolf. Woof.
2006-05-11, 1:56 PM #63
Originally posted by Greenboy:
This burned my eyes!

(wario looks like a fun character)

Is it just me, or did anyone else notice Wario's gigantic man bulge?
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2006-05-11, 2:03 PM #64

Yet you still came into the thread and had to post about you not liking it. It's not like the thread title was deceptive and fooled you into click on it. Instead, you come in and post about how bad SAJN was for making the thread. Grow up.
Pissed Off?
2006-05-11, 2:05 PM #65
Originally posted by Dark__Knight:
Is it just me, or did anyone else notice Wario's gigantic man bulge?

That's his fat hanging down, not his man bulge, I'm pretty sure.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2006-05-11, 2:13 PM #66
Originally posted by Baconfish:

Sonic used to be on Sega consoles until they axed Dreamcast (and I liked that console too :gbk: ). Then it moved to Nintendo.
2006-05-11, 2:27 PM #67
And the PS2... And the X-Box.

But if Sonic were to be in the next Smash Bros. All those debates about who's better, Mario or Sonic, can finally be settled once and for all. Woo! Might as well add Tails & Knuckles.
Seishun da!
2006-05-11, 2:34 PM #68
Ungh.
I made sexpee.

-And based on that quote, they are so going to have Sonic.
2006-05-11, 2:38 PM #69
[QUOTE=Pedro T Hutt]And the PS2... And the X-Box.

But if Sonic were to be in the next Smash Bros. All those debates about who's better, Mario or Sonic, can finally be settled once and for all. Woo! Might as well add Tails & Knuckles.[/QUOTE]

Ah. I didn't realize Sonic was out for anything other than Nintendo consoles.

And come on, you know they always strive for a balance in these games. Mario and Sonic will most likely be equals.
2006-05-11, 3:53 PM #70

Um, no one has nagged about it up until you, if you hadn't noticed?

Go home.
2006-05-11, 6:01 PM #71
Snake will stick a fork in Kirby and roast him over a fire. With Pikachu, he will grab the little yellow fellow and choke the hell out of him before eating him. Finally, Snake will take out his stinger missile and shove a couple up Mario's and Link's behind. After all of this is done, he'll light a cigarette and have a good time with Zero Suit Samus.

It's all in a day's work for the legendary soldier who took out Big Boss and Outer Heaven.
2006-05-11, 6:07 PM #72
Yeah... it's gonna be upsetting to see Solid Snake (Who destroyed a bajillion giant nuclear firing mechs), get omgwtfpwned by Jigglypuff's super attack.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2006-05-11, 6:14 PM #73
Damn it, I remeber that name...
2006-05-11, 6:16 PM #74
Jigglypuff is one of the best characthers in SSBM... he can one shot people with 0% damage. He's freaking amazing.
--Garrison Keillor
2006-05-11, 6:21 PM #75
Originally posted by fishstickz:
Jigglypuff is one of the best characthers in SSBM... he can one shot people with 0% damage. He's freaking amazing.

Too bad Marth can hit/kill Jigglypuff without ever being in range of it. That, and she's slow as heck, which means theres like 10 other characters that can destroy it.
2006-05-11, 6:37 PM #76
1v1 isnt where jigglypuff shines, it's in 4 player games where he can jump in the fray and kill people without them reacting, and even if it does miss, he'll quickly get hit by SOMETHING that pushes him out of the uber attack stun thing.

And yeah, marth can own anyone 1v1, that's the point of playing him <,<
--Garrison Keillor
2006-05-11, 7:03 PM #77
Originally posted by Pommy:
It looks like they all have "super" attacks! Wee! Finally! hahah
Bad thing. I liked how the last game wasn't something where I had to build up some power to use an uber attack or have to evade an almost impossible to evade attack. It was all about SKILL.

Still love it though.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-05-11, 7:18 PM #78
Also: ROY FTW.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-05-11, 7:24 PM #79
Originally posted by Zloc_Vergo:
Bad thing. I liked how the last game wasn't something where I had to build up some power to use an uber attack or have to evade an almost impossible to evade attack. It was all about SKILL.

Still love it though.

You don't build up power. You just get the ball thingies.

And it's not like we know you can't dodge it.
一个大西瓜
2006-05-11, 7:29 PM #80
Ugh. I just don't like that idea. Special moves are what ruin games for me...I want everyone to have their set of basic moves, and advanced ways to pull off these moves (guard rolling onto a ledge, for example). I DON'T want super moves that end up deciding a match. There's just something about the special move idea I don't like in games...probably just another stat to keep track of. That's what i like about SSB. It's plain fun, and you don't have to continually check a healthbar.
I had a blog. It sucked.

↑ Up to the top!