Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I'm so proud of me!
I'm so proud of me!
2006-06-02, 12:23 PM #1
OMQ! I am no longer a hopeless case. I made my first dinner!! I'm so proud of me. I AM A DOMESTIC GODDESS!

I may have a future as a trophy wife after all!

so share your random snacks if you can't cook to make me feel superior.

or if you can cook, share your best meal to make me feel inadequate.

or just make fun of me.

DOMESTIC. GODDESS.
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2006-06-02, 12:24 PM #2
What did you make, oh "domestic goddess?"
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2006-06-02, 12:26 PM #3
:psyduck: PsyGris is hungry for a pie.
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2006-06-02, 12:32 PM #4
I can put french fries in the oven and take them out. Mm.

That or pizza.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-06-02, 12:34 PM #5
...PsyGris refers to himself in third-person.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2006-06-02, 12:35 PM #6
...PsyGris needs a slap.

I can do anything ready made with instructions :o
2006-06-02, 12:38 PM #7
Originally posted by sugarless5:
DOMESTIC. GODDESS.

make me a sammich

please?
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2006-06-02, 12:39 PM #8
:psyduck: PsyGris waddles to a corner and cries.
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2006-06-02, 12:54 PM #9
OMQ! I am no longer a hopeless case. I made my first dinner!! I'm so proud of me. I AM A DOMESTIC GODDESS!

I may have a future as a trophy wife after all!

so share your random snacks if you can't cook to make me feel superior.

or if you can cook, share your best meal to make me feel inadequate.

or just make fun of me.

DOMESTIC. GODDESS.

What did you make?

I made eggs & bacon this morning. I'm still trying to perfect french toast.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-06-02, 12:55 PM #10
blah blah, etcetra DOMESTIC. GODDESS.

Bear my children <3

[Edit: Holy balls! Triple instapost! I feel like I just had a threesome O.o]
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2006-06-02, 12:55 PM #11
Burnt grilled-cheese sandwiches <.<

*runs like hell*
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-06-02, 12:55 PM #12
All I can make is pizza, scrambled eggs, pancakes, waffles (if someone else makes the batter :p ), and spaggethi, and macaroni, and basic salad. Oh and french toast is really easy the way I make it. And the batter I use only consists of eggs and milk. :)
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-06-02, 12:56 PM #13
I've been experimenting with pancakes recently. My latest discovery: chocolate chips = yum. Cocoa powder = not yum.
Stuff
2006-06-02, 1:00 PM #14
Okay, WTF, why doesn't :p work anymore?!
:p :p :p
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-06-02, 1:00 PM #15
Originally posted by Lord_Grismath:
:psyduck: PsyGris waddles to a corner and cries.

*pat pat*
:psyduck: LividDucK has had a long day

(it's : P now, so that :p works for :p-syduck)
2006-06-02, 1:02 PM #16
So when's dinner? ;)
woot!
2006-06-02, 1:14 PM #17
Originally posted by Freelancer:
And the batter I use only consists of eggs and milk. :)

Theres another way? :confused:
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2006-06-02, 1:22 PM #18
The batter *I* use consists only of tears... :gbk:
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2006-06-02, 1:34 PM #19
The only thing I seem I can't make is pudding. I just can't do it...it always turns out funny when I make it. I think the best meal I ever cooked though was a Thanksgiving meal. I cooked everything (but the rolls) from scratch and it turned out perfect! Hee! *gloat* :o
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."
2006-06-02, 1:44 PM #20
Originally posted by Sol:
Theres another way? :confused:

I don't know. I'm no cook.
2006-06-02, 1:47 PM #21
stir fry.

spices and worchertshire(sp?) sauce are your friend. catalina salad dressing too.

olive oil makes a killer butter replacement.

frozen oriental veggies + chicken + soya sauce + (secret spices, figure it out :P) = insta oriental stir fry. i wish i had a wok for that. would make less of a mess.
"NAILFACE" - spe
2006-06-02, 1:55 PM #22
Those secret spices would be anise, gloves, ginger and cinnamon if you are going for 'chinese' flavor. Try ground cumin if you want something more tex-mexy. Add some coriander and cinnamon to the cumin to make it really come alive. Or you can just use curry powder. It'll make anything good.
Wikissassi sucks.
2006-06-02, 2:11 PM #23
Various ramen based snacks.

I made ramen alfrado once.... it was... interesting...
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2006-06-02, 2:34 PM #24
Cooking is awesome. I love going to the grocery store with no plan in mind and coming out with the goods to make and awesome meal. Nothing like cooking a great meal to share with a special someone.
Pissed Off?
2006-06-02, 2:37 PM #25
i agree. i just buy random meat sauce and veggies and then i go wild. (and eat the same meal for 3-4 days in a row because i'm so poor, but at least it's tasty!)

good tip. potatoes + microwave 3-4 minutes (around 1:30 per potato) then dice them without peeling them, and fry them into a pan. great for mornings or as a side dish with steak and pasta
"NAILFACE" - spe
2006-06-02, 2:39 PM #26
The only forms of cooking that goes beyond heating something frozen in the microwave or oven is making a cheeseburger, making pancakes, making waffles, making a back potato, making cookies, making a grilled cheese sandwich, making biscuits, and making tortillas. You know, the basic crap you learn in foods class during junior high school.
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2006-06-02, 2:44 PM #27
Originally posted by Seb:
i agree. i just buy random meat sauce and veggies and then i go wild. (and eat the same meal for 3-4 days in a row because i'm so poor, but at least it's tasty!)

That's what I do. Buy whatever is on sale and go to town with it.
Pissed Off?
2006-06-02, 3:09 PM #28
If it can't be taken right out of the package and stuck in either the microwave or oven, I generally don't cook it. Not because I can't, but because for some reason I'm just too dang lazy to take the time to cook.
Life is beautiful.
2006-06-02, 3:28 PM #29
I made a chicken rice bake once. It consists of cooking chicken breasts on a bed of rice and bacon, with peppers, mushrooms, and a cream of mushroom and onion soup sauce. Very tasty.
2006-06-02, 3:32 PM #30
That works with pork chops too.
Pissed Off?
2006-06-02, 3:41 PM #31
I can imagine :) *drool*
2006-06-02, 3:43 PM #32
YAY

:v: (food)
2006-06-02, 5:30 PM #33
I prefer a suculent roast beef seasoned in black pepper, lemon pepper, lemon juice, and thyme. The trick to a juicy hunk of meat is to NOT put any salt on it prior or during cooking, as that will tighten up the fibers of the meat and make it very chewy when served. Instead, wait until you're ready to eat to salt your meat.

So yeah.
2006-06-02, 5:58 PM #34
Salmon with leaf spinach in cream, ribbon noodles and most importantly green peppercorns.
Looks great, tastes even better and is very easy to make.

I also have a good curry with spaghetti, chicken and pineapple in milk. The secret is to let it sit over night so that the speghetti soak up all the milk. But if you reheat it you should add a little extra milk.
Sorry for the lousy German
2006-06-02, 6:01 PM #35
Gormet Cheeseburgers (last thursday actually, they got quite a warm reception).

2 lbs of beef with a liberal splash of red wine, onions, mesquit (sp?) spices, wrapped around a round piece of Mozerella (I suppose that you could use square or rectangular... if you're into that sort of thing), topped with provalone cheese, mushrooms and onions, served on a ciabatta bun. I'm thinking of revising the recipe for smaller portions, as each burger ended up being roughly 10 oz with the mozerella.
50000 episodes of badmouthing and screaming like a constipated goat cant be wrong. - Mr. Stafford
2006-06-02, 6:27 PM #36
Originally posted by Delphian:
I prefer a suculent roast beef seasoned in black pepper, lemon pepper, lemon juice, and thyme. The trick to a juicy hunk of meat is to NOT put any salt on it prior or during cooking, as that will tighten up the fibers of the meat and make it very chewy when served. Instead, wait until you're ready to eat to salt your meat.

So yeah.

That's true if you're roasting or baking, IE using indirect heat.. If you're using direct heat, the salt won't dry the meat out.
Pissed Off?
2006-06-02, 6:40 PM #37
Well considering I was a cook, I can make some good stuff.

Chicken with lemon butter sause, candied butternut squash and veggie side. My favorite meal.
2006-06-02, 6:42 PM #38
I give this "Yoshi's Stamp of 100% uselessness". Congrats!
You...................................
.................................................. ........
.................................................. ....rock!
2006-06-02, 6:45 PM #39
/smack
Pissed Off?
2006-06-02, 7:30 PM #40
Hmm, might as well post one o' mine. I typed a few meals up for my friends, just posting one here. Sorry if the steps seem a bit... simple...

Beef Vindaloo:

Quote:
1 cup broth (chicken/beef)
1 lb flank steak
2 tsp coriander
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp butter
1/4 cup shallots
4 cloves garlic
2 tsp grated ginger
1 tbsp brown sugar
2 tsp vinegar

Prep:

-slice steak think, against grain
-combine coriander, cumin, cinnamon, turmeric, and cayenne pepper

Cook:

-Fry onions, salt them
-Add garlic, ginger
-Add spice mix
-Add beef
-Add brown sugar, vinegar
-Cook for ~10 min, add broth to personal preference for sauce (can add corn starch to

thicken)
-Serve over rice, with yogurt mix

Yogurt mix:

2 cups yogurt
1 cucumber
2 tomatoes
Mint
Salt
Pepper
Garlic

-Mince cucumber, tomato, add to yogurt
-Add spices to taste

Few others here: http://lordkuat.proboards34.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1147813251

Heh, maybe we can get some recipe exchange going. Or not. Either way.

↑ Up to the top!