Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Ha I knew it. This prooves it.
Ha I knew it. This prooves it.
2003-12-22, 4:09 AM #1
http://www.supanet.com/ladiesroom/frontpagenews/feature.php4

according to the drivel above, men need to be in a relationship to be mentally healthy and happy, whereas women are the opposite, they stay mentally healthy when single.

And also, women who have had many relationhips in the past, continuously stopping and starting and breaking up, end up becoming just bonkers.

That explains my ex! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]
HA!

Thoughts? Xmas Pressies?

------------------
"I never dreamed I'd love somebody like you...
I never dreamed I'd loose someone like you."
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2003-12-22, 4:56 AM #2
So men and women are incompatible.

------------------
I have a signature.
I have a signature.
2003-12-22, 5:09 AM #3
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MadQuack:

</font>

Are you saying we should all become gay? I don't think I can do that.

------------------
Have Lightsaber Will Travel JK Editing tips, troubleshooting information, resources and more.
www.swgalaxies.net For all your Star Wars Galaxies needs
The Massassi A SW Galaxies Player Association
Have Lightsaber Will Travel JK Editing tips, troubleshooting information, resources and more.
www.swgalaxies.net For all your Star Wars Galaxies needs
The Massassi A SW Galaxies Player Association
2003-12-22, 5:40 AM #4
Yes, let's all encourage women to stay single. That would work great, except that it would make reproduction rather difficult, at least for those men who prefer to live their lives in another way than every single one from "Sex and the City"

------------------
Gandalv the Gray, recieving bans for Christmas since December 2001
No signature for you.
2003-12-22, 5:48 AM #5
Perhaps the only solution to reproduction is the Brave New World route. "The principle of mass production at last applied to biology." [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
I have a signature.
I have a signature.
2003-12-22, 5:55 AM #6
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MikeC:
Are you saying we should all become gay? I don't think I can do that.

</font>

Me either. I'd rather loose my marbles being single, than become a player for the pinks. (Orlando Bloom aside)

------------------
Code:
  do her}
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2003-12-22, 6:01 AM #7
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MadQuack:
</font>

No, it just seems that way sometimes.

------------------
Fight the future.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2003-12-22, 6:30 AM #8
Opposites attract, right?

------------------
"Did you just say.....Birthday Party?...."
Twenty-Eight Days, Six Hours, Forty-Two Minutes, Twelve seconds...
2003-12-22, 6:58 AM #9
I've never known an attractive female that didn't jump from one relationship to another. Most attractive females seem to have 'back-up boyfriends' which is a male that they can fall back on if their current relationship ends (generally someone that they call a "close friend" or "some guy at work that I hardly know". Many females even go as far as flirting (or further) to keep their back-up boyfriends interested.

I'd also like to add that I've gone as long as a year between relationships and considered those to be some of the happiest days of my life. Both men and women, for the most part, are obsessed with constantly having to be in a relationship. There should always be a period of reflection/maturation between relationships, in my opinion, and those that jump from relationship to relationship are destined to fail at what they seek.

------------------
http://www.napalmdeathsquad.com
2003-12-22, 7:09 AM #10
I've been living 19 years without a single relationship. Got to tell you, I'm richer than any of my friends in relationships, I don't suffer any of the nervous breakdowns they go through when a serious relationship ends. I can make my schedule revolve around me, instead of her. Quite frankly, I see little reason as to why I should ever change.

------------------
"LC Tusken: the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot"
Jack Chick preaches it
NMGOH
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2003-12-22, 8:09 AM #11
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Wolfy:
I've been living 19 years without a single relationship. Got to tell you, I'm richer than any of my friends in relationships, I don't suffer any of the nervous breakdowns they go through when a serious relationship ends. I can make my schedule revolve around me, instead of her. Quite frankly, I see little reason as to why I should ever change.

</font>

Sex?

------------------
1 of 14 - The Coucil still lives
6-16 Never Forget.
Click.
1 of 14 | 6-16 Never Forget. | Click.
2003-12-22, 8:19 AM #12
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by lateralus:
Sex?

</font>

He's got extra money, he can buy that [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
Clarinetists, unite!

-writer of Bloodwing: Fallen Soldier
(no site up yet...)
Clarinetists, unite!

-writer of Bloodwing
(a work in progress)
2003-12-22, 8:21 AM #13
I dunno I don't think there is enough money in the world to get a Massassian some of that. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]
2003-12-22, 8:24 AM #14
Awww. I thought this thread was gonna be about how germans love David Hasselhoff.

------------------
There are two asses in Massassi... and I'm one of them.
The Matrix Unplugged|The Valley of the Jedi Tower|Smaug's Lair
2003-12-22, 8:42 AM #15
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">There should always be a period of reflection/masturbation between relationships
</font>
I corrected that for you MentatMM. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif] And I agree with you.

------------------
You will respect my authoritah!
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2003-12-22, 8:49 AM #16
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by clan ruthervain:
http://www.supanet.com/ladiesroom/frontpagenews/feature.php4

according to the drivel above, men need to be in a relationship to be mentally healthy and happy, whereas women are the opposite, they stay mentally healthy when single.
</font>

Not really. I am living proof of the contrary. I don't really care if I get in a relationship or not, provided I get laid regularly. Men need sex to be happy and healthy, not a relationship. If we needed a relationship, then there would be no extramarital affairs. The only reason why affairs happen is that we men get tired of banging the same person every day and we need variety.

We are not so different from the rest of the amimals as we have been led to believe. Many animals wander around alone and their sole purpose of existence is to spread their genes as far and wide as possible. Are most of us really that different? Granted, we have developed control, but the instinct is still there, whether you wish to admit it or not.

------------------
Most people regard me as the dark and immoral side of Massassi. At least I'm getting what I want out of life.

[This message has been edited by Pagewizard_YKS (edited December 22, 2003).]
2003-12-22, 9:04 AM #17
Now that Pagewizard has posted, I'll take a bet that this thread goes multi-page within a day.

------------------
Map-Review | Digital Core | The Matrix: Unplugged

Farewell, MaDaVentor. In our hearts, you'll always live on.
2003-12-22, 9:08 AM #18
I wouldn't trust that site really. Much reaserch was done on this subject and everything I've heard so far suggests that women are the ones who seek stable relationships the most while men tend to seek variety, like pagewizard said. It just seems to make more sense that way.

------------------
When bread becomes toast, it can never go back to being bread again.
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2003-12-22, 9:15 AM #19
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gandalv the Gray:
Yes, let's all encourage women to stay single. That would work great, except that it would make reproduction rather difficult, at least for those men who prefer to live their lives in another way than every single one from "Sex and the City"

</font>

It works out pretty well in the animal kingdom.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2003-12-22, 9:24 AM #20
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by lateralus:
Sex?</font>

As a Christian, and not planning to get married, it's a virgin's life for me.

------------------
"LC Tusken: the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot"
Jack Chick preaches it
NMGOH
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2003-12-22, 9:35 AM #21
[http://www.boomspeed.com/kieran_horn/banghead.gif] For the love of Christ pagewizard, learn how to use tact.

------------------
You will respect my authoritah!
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2003-12-22, 9:43 AM #22
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kieran Horn:
[http://www.boomspeed.com/kieran_horn/banghead.gif] For the love of Christ pagewizard, learn how to use tact.

</font>

lol. Wolfy you have to get married, life is so much better when you have a loving wife and wee kids, I'm hoping anyway.

------------------
Code:
  do her}
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2003-12-22, 9:46 AM #23
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by clan ruthervain:
...I'm hoping anyway.</font>

That, good sir, is the risk I don't want to take.

------------------
Jack Chick preaches it
NMGOH
2003-12-22, 1:34 PM #24
I'd take that risk... but not without careful thought.

------------------
GhostOfYoda - General doer of stuff.
Massassi's Official Chatroom: irc.synirc.com #massassi
2003-12-22, 1:39 PM #25
I seem to remember reading that men were never designed to be social creatures, so I'm having a hard time swallowing this.

------------------
Roach - It's not what you know, it's what you can prove.

The mental patient sits and stares.

0 of 14.
omnia mea mecum porto
2003-12-22, 3:31 PM #26
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"> I corrected that for you MentatMM. And I agree with you.</font>

lol, thanks!

------------------
http://www.napalmdeathsquad.com
2003-12-22, 3:38 PM #27
i'd believe it

------------------
" You killed me. That wasn't very nice."
Noble Gases
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2003-12-22, 4:15 PM #28
Yes, as if my name wasn't a dead giveaway I am female. A friend of mine sent me this link and after much laughter on my part I had to reply.
It is in my opinion (though it may be naive) that the idea of marriage and relationships in general was formed around three things religion, woman's physical weakness, and most importantly perhaps the ability to name a legitimate male heir to the line
Were I to say which gender is in more need of it at this current time, my vote goes to my own.
Girls talk of boys... period. To a point of being sickening. Wait, wait... I know boys talk about girls too, but as stated before men do it for purposes of sex, whereas women seem to DEPEND on male approval.
Now don't get me wrong but most women have the urge to be taken care of. Whether that be biology or just because society is a ***** it doesn't really matter, because it is there and it is embedded into our natures.
We, and by we I mean we as women, can go on an uprising of waving our bras and shouting "female empowerment" but in the end without those bras we just are mighty uncomfortable and embarrassed.
This has turned into a rant of a sort, but to refresh the point that may have gotten lost in the ramble. Society isn't ready for women to be empowered as quickly as we have, and so we have gone from being percieved as the 'fair sex' to being either of two extremes, staunch feminists or sex objects... and oh goodness now this is turning into a feminist or an anti-feminist post... all right I must stop myself.
Because of the way society has been for thousands of years (or perhaps how God intended it) women are the dependent gender. Unless, of course, they deny sexbut that's another rant entirely.
That's all for now

------------------
No one
No one
2003-12-22, 4:25 PM #29
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS:
Not really. I am living proof of the contrary. I don't really care if I get in a relationship or not, provided I get laid regularly. Men need sex to be happy and healthy, not a relationship. If we needed a relationship, then there would be no extramarital affairs. The only reason why affairs happen is that we men get tired of banging the same person every day and we need variety.

We are not so different from the rest of the amimals as we have been led to believe. Many animals wander around alone and their sole purpose of existence is to spread their genes as far and wide as possible. Are most of us really that different? Granted, we have developed control, but the instinct is still there, whether you wish to admit it or not.

</font>

*Shoots self in face*
Those bees all have paws!
2003-12-22, 4:31 PM #30
The only documentation you'll ever need on female/male relationships: The Ladder Theory.

------------------
Archimedes: Pseudo-intellectual since 1986
www.retronetworks.com
2003-12-22, 4:32 PM #31
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by EtherealAngel:
We, and by we I mean we as women, can go on an uprising of waving our bras and shouting "female empowerment" but in the end without those bras we just are mighty uncomfortable and embarrassed.

</font>

yeah, good god i'm uncomfortable walking down the stairs without a bra

kidding, I see the symbolism. love the qiote, mind if I borrow it?

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">origionally posted by MentatMM:

I've never known an attractive female that didn't jump from one relationship to another. Most attractive females seem to have 'back-up boyfriends' which is a male that they can fall back on if their current relationship ends (generally someone that they call a "close friend" or "some guy at work that I hardly know". Many females even go as far as flirting (or further) to keep their back-up boyfriends interested.
</font>

not always true, the ones that do this are just the ones who get all the attention.

and page, the key words are mentally stable [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
If there is a 50% chance that you are going to be right, there is a 90% chance that you will choose the wrong one ~SithNazgul, the 50-50-90 rule

[This message has been edited by sugarless5 (edited December 22, 2003).]
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2003-12-22, 4:50 PM #32
maby it is the feminist message being shoved down society's throat, not that the male has changed, but the female is now more likly to want/be to be independant... it just sttms that the male now wants a solid relationship more.

------------------
IMPORTANT NOTICE PLEASE READ

Employees dying on the job are faling to fall down. THIS PRACTICE MUST STOP as it becmes impossible to distinguish between death and the natural movement of he staf.

Any employee found dead in an upright position will be dropped from the payroll.
Laughing at my spelling herts my feelings. Well laughing is fine actully, but posting about it is not.
2003-12-22, 4:56 PM #33
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Archimedes:
The only documentation you'll ever need on female/male relationships: The Ladder Theory.

</font>

[http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif] That thing always makes me depressed.

------------------
<kyle90> i got my SAT scores back
<kyle90> according to the sheet i got sent in the mail, I did "better than 99% of all college-bound seniors"
<kyle90> of course, thats comparing me to americans
<kyle90> so its not really a fair assessment
That painting was a gift, Todd. I'm taking it with me.
2003-12-22, 5:08 PM #34
Because it's true?
Warhead[97]
2003-12-22, 5:11 PM #35
I don't limit myself to drop-dead gorgeous. I can see past physical imperfections (not too many of them, or them be quite pronounced). I don't want "sex objects." The feminists don't like anything with a 'Y' chromosome. I'm not a "serial dater." If the first one ends up with rings on fingers, good enough for me!

Condense a paragraph into three...four...ok three and one half words: I'm not Quagmire

------------------
<scribbly handwriting barely resembling name>
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2003-12-22, 5:14 PM #36
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gandalf1120:
...I'm not Quagmire</font>

Neither am I. Despite all the action that dude got, after his litle "party" in Manilla, I really wouldnt want to be him...

(BTW, good to see another female on Massassi... [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif])

------------------
Fight the future.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2003-12-22, 5:21 PM #37
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">As a Christian, and not planning to get married, it's a virgin's life for me.</font>

[http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

I would like to take this opportunity to point everyone in the direction of my sig.

------------------
All you need is love.
It's not the side effects of cocaine, so then I'm thinking that it must be love
2003-12-22, 6:19 PM #38
Elena, I do beg to differ, though I see where you are coming from.
The typical female, in my personal experience, goes into the world to act strong, only to watch a romantic comedy personifying typical male/female relationships. I am not saying this is ALL women, because it is most definatly not, but this holds true for most women I meet, and though it might be a bit presumptuous to say, I'm sure it does for most people as well. Just look at the lyrics to the music women sing compared to those of men.
And no sugarless, I don't mind if anyone borrows anything I say (as long as I get full credit for my obvious brilliance of course j/k), and what, if I may ask, is that novel/book about?

[This message has been edited by EtherealAngel (edited December 22, 2003).]
No one
2003-12-22, 6:29 PM #39
*Thinks* hmm... I wonder how much money the guy who wrote that... Oh nevermind, I just read 'The Ladder Theory' and though I think it is a sad truth that is indeed what our society has always been, I pray to God that I'm not like that...
------------------
No one

[This message has been edited by EtherealAngel (edited December 22, 2003).]
No one
2003-12-22, 6:40 PM #40
Quote:
I've been living 19 years without a single relationship
</font>

Same here except I'm 22.

Quote:
As a Christian, and not planning to get married, it's a virgin's life for me.

</font>

Same again (except for the christian bit). Casual sex doesn't really appeal to me either.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Quite frankly, I see little reason as to why I should ever change.</font>

Exactly. Everyone tries to convince me otherwise with clichés like “You’ll change when you’re older” or “when you meet a nice girl” or “you don’t know what you’re missing out on” or “you shouldn’t make that decision until have been in a relationship”. When they spout this drivel, I always ask them if they’re happy in their relationship, then ask them if it’s the happiest they have ever been, and then ask if it’s the happiest they could be.

Then I pick someone at random and ask, how do you know that this person over there couldn’t make you even happier than they are now. Most times people will respond with a “I just know I am meant to be with X”. Which then leads to me saying “IF you just know that this is the one person for you, when you have been with less than 0.5% of the your potential partners, how come I can’t just know that being single is the life for me.” {or words to that effect)

Not everyone needs or wants a relationship or companionship. It irritates me no end that people assume that happiness is only achieved via a partner. On an unrelated note, I am also confused as to why people would think I'm gay if I say I'm single and am happy to stay this way (which many have done). If I was gay, wouldn't I be in a relationship with a man?

[This message has been edited by Run (edited December 22, 2003).]

↑ Up to the top!