Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Ha I knew it. This prooves it.
Ha I knew it. This prooves it.
2003-12-23, 7:27 PM #81
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Snoopfighter2:
no sex drive, I would say you have some other hobbies that would stop or take over what was once ur sex drive.
</font>

Yes I have other interests, but they don't "take over" they just fill in the time I would otherwise spend chasing skirts [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Be honest are you addicted to anything?</font>

No

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">And out of 10 for looks rate yourself?</font>

lol. Hmmm. ~7. I wouldn't consider myself ugly, but I don't make womens knees go weak from looking at me.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">cuz honestly I have met people like you before and most of them were either a little homely [nice word for ugly] or overweight and insecure in the fact that if they did find someone they would not be up to your standards kind of like Shallow Hal.</font>

lol (again). I'm not overweight, my self-esteem is fine. It's not a "I'm no good for anyone deal"

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">You are a very interesting fellow run.</font>

Damn straight I am.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I can understand coming to such a decision after being burnt in a relationship, but some of you seem to be swearing them off before experiencing it. I'm not trying to change anyone....just..well...hoping people keep their minds open to new possiblities if they arise.
</font>

This thread got be thinking back to ye olde high school days and something occured to me that hadn't previously. I asked out a few girls, and what I just realised was that I was relieved when they knocked me back. And by that I mean thoroughly relieved, I wasn't even the slightest bit upset. Which leads to the question of why did I ask in the first place. Beats me.

It's not a reaction to anything, it is just a complete lack of desire. I'm not stupid enough to comletely rule out the possibility, but I would never go looking for it.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Y'know, before you swear off relationships for good, you really ought to think about more than just "I have time alone, I don't have to worry about anyone but myself."</font>

It is not about a conscious choice to remain single. It is the absence of desire to seek companionship. Maybe it might make more sense if I gave some history. I'm an only child, raised by a single parent (mother) in a predominantly female family. I never had many friends throughout primary or high school and my friends at uni are all female. I've pretty much had to keep myself occupied and rely on myself to sort out any issues. I suspect primarily interacting with women may have had something to do with the lack of interest, but like I said earlier, it's not a resignation to singledom, just a lack of interest/need in coupledom [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">"Heterosexuality is a Capitalist Plot."</font>

Classic.

[This message has been edited by Run (edited December 23, 2003).]
2003-12-23, 7:59 PM #82
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">you win!</font>

*takes a bow*

For me, personally, I don't expect to be in a relationship. I don't seem to really attract girls, though a lot of them think I'm "cute".
And I have to both be attracted to them, and they have to be attracted to me. To my knowledge, none of the girls I've been attracted to have been attracted to me, and I haven't been interested in the girls that were attracted to me.

------------------
All you need is love.
It's not the side effects of cocaine, so then I'm thinking that it must be love

↑ Up to the top!