Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Am I the only one...
Am I the only one...
2006-06-23, 11:28 PM #1
Who's deeply disturbed by this?
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-06-23, 11:30 PM #2
Lol fake.
2006-06-23, 11:33 PM #3
That's awesome, if real.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-06-23, 11:36 PM #4
You don't find the fake holiday that Tim invented to stuff his pockets a little inapropriet of a message to be painted on the side of a missile that kills people?
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-06-23, 11:38 PM #5
You act as if this hasn't been a common occurance for years.
Pissed Off?
2006-06-23, 11:41 PM #6
That's somewhat neat (if real), though I don't like CAD that much anymore.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-06-23, 11:42 PM #7
Originally posted by JediKirby:
You don't find the fake holiday that Tim invented to stuff his pockets a little inapropriet of a message to be painted on the side of a missile that kills people?

Er... no one better show him any pictures of a WW2 fighter..
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-06-23, 11:47 PM #8
No, I know they paint things like "f-you!" on the rockets and whatnot, but Tim posting that picture just bugs me. I'd be a little appauled if someone wrote "JediKirby Rocks!" on a missile, and I WOULDN'T post it on my world-wide-viewed website.

Maybe it's just me, but I find that post horribly sick.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-06-23, 11:47 PM #9
Yeah no ****.

"Kilroy was here" ring any bells?

Edit: I'm gonna have the 2nd Armored Division brandish Massassi Temple slogans on their M1A1s :P
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-06-23, 11:49 PM #10
I dont get it tho, Winter-een-mas? Anyone want to explain? Whats so sickening about some writing on a rocket?
2006-06-24, 12:08 AM #11
Originally posted by -Monoxide-:
I dont get it tho, Winter-een-mas? Anyone want to explain? Whats so sickening about some writing on a rocket?

It's a parody of Christmas. Not only that, but I personally find the practice of writing anything on weapons of destruction, except maybe "Betty" on a gun, somewhat appalling. That may just be me. But CAD sucks anyways, so hey.
D E A T H
2006-06-24, 12:10 AM #12
So you guys are *****ing about some writing on an explosive? Mmmk... wow. Don't get your panties in a bunch, ladies.
2006-06-24, 12:14 AM #13
It's not like the victims of the bomb can exactly read the writing anyway - besides - if someone decides another person deserves to have a ****ing BOMB dropped on their head, then they probably don't really give a **** about a little bit of offensive writing. Get your priorities straight - dropping a bomb on someone's head is the ultimate F-U.
2006-06-24, 12:16 AM #14
Maybe the bomb was to be used for practice or maybe it was a dud (but was it happy?).
2006-06-24, 3:44 AM #15
People have been writing stuff on shells since WWI. Even before that.

I don't see what so alarming how people "personalize" their weapons. People sometimes call their gun names, jokingly. People name planes, tanks and other vehicles. In the heat of war, atleast give soldiers a chance to find some humor in destructive elements that surround them.

Answer me this: what is more "disturbing"? The small scribbling on the bomb's side or massive destruction that bomb can perform on a human being?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-06-24, 4:27 AM #16
How did this thread become OMG BOMBS KILL PEOPEL so quickly?

(I don't really wonder that)

I thought it was just about how Absath gets more money by a supposed Winter-een-mas reference in a missile. omg he gets teh munney

Bah.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-06-24, 4:55 AM #17
yeah i buzz when they write **** on bombs.
2006-06-24, 7:45 AM #18
Who's deeply disturbed by this?

Not me
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2006-06-24, 7:52 AM #19
No, I know they paint things like "f-you!" on the rockets and whatnot, but Tim posting that picture just bugs me. I'd be a little appauled if someone wrote "JediKirby Rocks!" on a missile, and I WOULDN'T post it on my world-wide-viewed website.

Maybe it's just me, but I find that post horribly sick.

A) No. Painting things on bombs and stuff is a tradition. Just like nose are which was banned because everyone kept making it r-rated. Hmm...

B) Your previously expressed views on morality make this thread a tad hypocritical dontcha think?

I think that's awesome.
2006-06-24, 8:20 AM #20
I think it's pretty cool. I also get the feeling that some of you are so strongly against it simply because it's a CAD thing.
2006-06-24, 9:34 AM #21
Wait, I'm immoral? How do you get off saying that?
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-06-24, 10:29 AM #22
Error. Does not compute.
2006-06-24, 11:27 AM #23
If I were to paint something on a bomb I would probably write ‘Gateway.’ Because death opens up a world of insecurity. Is the bomb just a gateway to death, or to an after life? Or the gateway for insurance companies?

Now, imagine if the show Star Gate changed, where every time they travel to a new planet they use some sort of transportation bomb which is dropped on them. Wouldn’t that be an interesting concept. You could give the people dropping the bombs something to seriously think about, and that doesn’t exactly dispel the ethics of dropping a bomb (which seem to be very limited) if it’s for the right course of action, but this thread isn’t about those kinds of ethics are they? And in fact me posting my opinion is probably about as important as it is writing things like ‘Winter-een-Mas’ on a bomb. Oh well.
My blawgh.
2006-06-24, 11:56 AM #24
I tatooed DJ Yoshi on my buttocks and JediKirby on my taint. I guess it really only qualifies as a weapon when I eat mexican.
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2006-06-24, 12:05 PM #25
What's the big deal? I don't find that disturbing at all.
Sneaky sneaks. I'm actually a werewolf. Woof.
2006-06-24, 12:15 PM #26
Originally posted by Freelancer:
It's not like the victims of the bomb can exactly read the writing anyway - besides - if someone decides another person deserves to have a ****ing BOMB dropped on their head, then they probably don't really give a **** about a little bit of offensive writing. Get your priorities straight - dropping a bomb on someone's head is the ultimate F-U.

I'm not saying that writing on the bomb is worse than dropping the bomb itself. You guys are putting words in me and kirby's mouths. I'd rather the bomb not be dropped at ALL of COURSE. But to write something on there just seems...wrong to me.

Originally posted by -Monoxide-:
So you guys are *****ing about some writing on an explosive? Mmmk... wow. Don't get your panties in a bunch, ladies.

Says the boy who gets a kick out of killing small, defenseless animals, and has been banned for expressing sadist tendencies. Right.

Originally posted by Echoman:
People have been writing stuff on shells since WWI. Even before that.

I don't see what so alarming how people "personalize" their weapons. People sometimes call their gun names, jokingly. People name planes, tanks and other vehicles. In the heat of war, atleast give soldiers a chance to find some humor in destructive elements that surround them.

Answer me this: what is more "disturbing"? The small scribbling on the bomb's side or massive destruction that bomb can perform on a human being?

I know it's not a new tradition--that doesn't change my view on it. I know that the bomb itself is worse than the writing. That does not change my view on it.

Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
A) No. Painting things on bombs and stuff is a tradition. Just like nose are which was banned because everyone kept making it r-rated. Hmm...

B) Your previously expressed views on morality make this thread a tad hypocritical dontcha think?

I think that's awesome.

You making vague accusations against peoples' character is like Ghengis Khan questioning the morality of Napoleon's Total War tactics :v:
D E A T H
2006-06-24, 5:43 PM #27
Funny how Stargate was mentioned in this thread.
2006-06-24, 5:47 PM #28
bombs kill!

the words written on them do not!

bah some words make bombs comical to some people, mostly though, they kill people...

it doesnt matter what you write on them, it still kills people.
2006-06-24, 5:50 PM #29
im quite certain there are a lot of other words written on bombs, well printed probably. You know, like classification and stuff.

I agree its a weird tradition, but at least they arent catapulting the heads of their enemys at them :p
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2006-06-24, 5:53 PM #30
Originally posted by MBeggar:
im quite certain there are a lot of other words written on bombs, well printed probably. You know, like classification and stuff.

I agree its a weird tradition, but at least they arent catapulting the heads of their enemys at them :p

Yeah, except those words don't have any specific meaning other than categorization.

Writing "**** YOU RAGHEADS" and "Merry Christmas Mother****ers" on bombs (which I've heard of, and would not in any way doubt) or really anything to me is just...wrong.

Note: You don't have to agree with anything. But it'd help if you didn't compare two totally unrelated things.
D E A T H
2006-06-24, 5:59 PM #31
Please note that i was attemping to stay neutral in the arguement.

And no, it is not completely unrelated to me. Writing on bombs is weird, so is catapulting heads. Yes I understand that the catapulting heads had a strategic purpose, so theres no need in calling me out on that. It was just something that came to mind.
2006-06-24, 6:03 PM #32
I was talking about the printed words and the handwritten words. They serve two very, very different purposes.

Demeaning sarcasm doesn't help your argument(s).
D E A T H
2006-06-24, 6:05 PM #33
So..I'm guessing that if you [sub][you as in not DJ Yoshi but people in general][/sub] don't like bombs being dropped on people, you won't like words written on them? I mean, can you like the bombs but find writing on them offensive?
2006-06-24, 6:05 PM #34
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]I was talking about the printed words and the handwritten words. They serve two very, very different purposes.

Demeaning sarcasm doesn't help your argument(s).[/QUOTE]

I wasnt being sarcastic at all.
2006-06-24, 6:18 PM #35
I don't exactly want bombs being dropped on Iraq, but I'm not going to say it's not neccessary. What isn't neccessary in any way, form, or fashion is the messages they put on the bombs. I'm also not going to say that the soldiers have no right to (though I don't know if it is/isn't illegal), or anything else, I just definitely do not agree with the practice.

MB--you were patronizing me. Like always. Stop it.
D E A T H
2006-06-24, 6:20 PM #36
what difference does it make?

i'm all for messages on bombs, i mean... it just means theres some people who are passionate about killing... i can't see whats wrong with that, its like a hobby that your country justifies as legal.
2006-06-24, 6:24 PM #37
[QUOTE=Mr. Stafford]what difference does it make?

i'm all for messages on bombs, i mean... it just means theres some people who are passionate about killing... i can't see whats wrong with that, its like a hobby that your country justifies as legal.[/QUOTE]
What difference? It's a moral dilemma. Something you (pretend to) know nothing about. People stand on different sides of the fence on the issue. That's all there is to it.

And I'm sorry if I don't think of being passionate about killing as a good trait. I'm sorry if I instead think that human life isn't something to be taken so lightly.
D E A T H
2006-06-24, 6:26 PM #38
hey i dont pretend to know nothing about it!

i just dismiss it really, the poor bastarda are gonna get consumed by the explosion either way, might as well let the people dropping the bomb have their fun.
2006-06-24, 6:27 PM #39
Watch Apocalypse Now! and/or Jarhead and maybe you'll see why I dislike the practice.

But then again, you'll probably just go "YAY KILLING" and ignore the point of the movies altogether.
D E A T H
2006-06-24, 6:28 PM #40
Big deal. Writing on bombs. Whoop de do.
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!

↑ Up to the top!