Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Any one need a logo?
Any one need a logo?
2006-06-26, 7:28 PM #1
I hate that it had to come to this, but oh well. I find my self in a deep need of 20-30 dollars, and well, I have only one way to gain the kind of money. Graphics. I know most of you are cappable of making whatever you envision, but if you're lazy and got a lil money, I'll make you a logo or something for it. Thank you.
Nothing to see here, move along.
2006-06-26, 7:30 PM #2
Quote:
I hate that it had to come to this, but oh well. I find my self in a deep need of 20-30 dollars, and well, I have only one way to gain the kind of money.

I understand, man. Just get into the back seat, we don't have to let anyone know about this.
Quote:
Graphics. I know most of you are cappable of making whatever you envision, but if you're lazy and got a lil money, I'll make you a logo or something for it. Thank you.

Oh. Um. Uh... yeah. Whatever.
Uh.... forget it. :ninja:

-{EDIT} because I just realized what Gold meant by "Wrong Thread", so now I gotta check the other to make sure I didn't switch that one too...
2006-06-26, 7:36 PM #3
Wrong thread Jarl...
2006-06-26, 7:38 PM #4
Let's see some examples of your work.

-Maybe a startup company or a mod team could use your skills.
2006-06-26, 7:45 PM #5
Do you have samples of your work? Do you do web design, too?
2006-06-26, 7:47 PM #6
You could just go mow a couple lawns or do some odd jobs. 20-30 bucks isn't that much money.
D E A T H
2006-06-26, 7:49 PM #7
Well I really don't like showing what I've, just tell me what you want, I'll send a sample, and if you like it I'll sell you the original and the rights.

To Brian, I do a little web design. HTML, CSS(pretty new to it, but got a basic undrestanding) and moving into XHTML (any different from HTML?)
2006-06-26, 7:50 PM #8
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]You could just go mow a couple lawns or do some odd jobs. 20-30 bucks isn't that much money.[/QUOTE]
Lawn mowing is the lowest job here, and pays crap. Plus I don't have a lawn mower or any of those big scissors. Why? I don't have a lawn.
2006-06-26, 8:00 PM #9
JediKirby's pretty desperate for a web design guy, if you're any good.

-Just show us a sample of your work. If you're worried about us stealing it (irony?) then watermark it.
2006-06-26, 8:03 PM #10
Teach your ninja gang kung fu skillz to another young mind who wants to be a kung fu gang leader for $30. Then retire as kung fu master :psyduck:
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2006-06-26, 8:05 PM #11
Originally posted by SF_GoldG_01:
Lawn mowing is the lowest job here, and pays crap. Plus I don't have a lawn mower or any of those big scissors. Why? I don't have a lawn.

It's the lowest job ANYWHERE. But when you're underage and need money, if you can't get a job (which I know you can down there so it's kind of funny how you're so desperate yet don't have a job), then lawn mowing's the place to go. Ask people if they'd pay you just to mow the lawn with THEIR mower--often times (around here at least) they don't mind. It looks unprofessional, and you won't get nearly as much, but if you're "desperate" then money is money.

Either way, good luck selling a logo.
D E A T H
2006-06-26, 8:07 PM #12
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]if you can't get a job (which I know you can down there[/QUOTE]

Umm, then why are they all up here? :v:
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2006-06-26, 8:07 PM #13
I could use a cool logo for my new company, Oak Patch Software. But I'm hesitant to commit to paying you any money unless I can see samples of your work.
2006-06-26, 8:48 PM #14
Well I really don't like showing what I've, just tell me what you want, I'll send a sample, and if you like it I'll sell you the original and the rights.

To Brian, I do a little web design. HTML, CSS(pretty new to it, but got a basic undrestanding) and moving into XHTML (any different from HTML?)

Dude, seriously, SHOWCASE YOUR WORK. They won't believe you until you showcase it. Like someone said, put a watermark on it.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-06-26, 8:58 PM #15

You're never going to have any kind of business in design if you aren't willing to show your work to people. It's completely critical to your success.
Pissed Off?
2006-06-26, 9:01 PM #16
Originally posted by Avenger:
You're never going to have any kind of business in design if you aren't willing to show your work to people. It's completely critical to your success.

2006-06-26, 9:19 PM #17

. .
2006-06-26, 9:19 PM #18

. . .
Think while it's still legal.
2006-06-26, 9:26 PM #19

. . . .
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2006-06-26, 9:29 PM #20

. . . . .

o.0
2006-06-26, 9:41 PM #21
...not another gravy train.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2006-06-26, 9:51 PM #22

"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2006-06-26, 10:24 PM #23
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]It's the lowest job ANYWHERE. But when you're underage and need money, if you can't get a job (which I know you can down there so it's kind of funny how you're so desperate yet don't have a job), then lawn mowing's the place to go. Ask people if they'd pay you just to mow the lawn with THEIR mower--often times (around here at least) they don't mind. It looks unprofessional, and you won't get nearly as much, but if you're "desperate" then money is money.

Either way, good luck selling a logo.[/QUOTE]

Oh, there's lower. Trust me.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-06-26, 10:25 PM #24
Pays crap? When I was still mowing yards, I could get $15 minimum for less than an hour's work. Get ten/fifteen yards, and you'll be pulling in quite a bit of cash. At least for a job that requires maybe four hours a day, pretty much whenever the hell you want. Of course, I don't live in Mexico, but surely there are lazy and/or old people there, too.
2006-06-27, 7:18 AM #25

Ever hear of a portfolio? They exist for a reason.
2006-06-27, 7:23 AM #26
roflcopterd :psyduck:

posting in a legendary thread
2006-06-27, 7:28 AM #27
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]It's the lowest job ANYWHERE. But when you're underage and need money, if you can't get a job (which I know you can down there so it's kind of funny how you're so desperate yet don't have a job), then lawn mowing's the place to go. Ask people if they'd pay you just to mow the lawn with THEIR mower--often times (around here at least) they don't mind. It looks unprofessional, and you won't get nearly as much, but if you're "desperate" then money is money.

Either way, good luck selling a logo.[/QUOTE]

If you're not lazy like me, lawns will get you way more money than a job, at this age.
2006-06-27, 7:59 AM #28
I here that human smuggling across the border between Mexico and the U.S. pays handsomely. Try that, Gold. Your gang affiliations give you credibility, and the kung fu training will give you a force to fend off the pesky border patrol!
2006-06-27, 8:36 AM #29
+1
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2006-06-27, 8:48 AM #30

You know mate, its part of being a graphic designer to display your work. (Whether amateur or professional). You cannot gain confidence in someone's skills if they have nothing to show for.

Either way, I know Brian, he's a trustworthy guy, so you don't have to worry about sending him a few samples of what you've already got. He's not the type to rip someone off.

I too would like to see what you can do, so if you are up for it, I'd have two logo's you could play around with. I'm not going pay you for them, nor plan to use them, I'm a graphic designer and can do my own, but it could give you something to sample to people.

Anvil Studios (anvil-studios.com <- Game design website)
MyJep (MyJep.com <- Blog type website)

Who knows, if I do really like one, I may well buy it then.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-06-27, 11:53 AM #31
Give me a showcase and ill give you

A TRUCKLOAD OF SUPER NATURAL WONDERS! :psyduck:

And by a TRUCKLOAD OF SUPER NATURAL WONDERS :psyduck:

i mean A rusty bucket with a dollar in it
2006-06-27, 11:55 AM #32
Why, just... why? :psyduck:
2006-06-27, 12:08 PM #33
I think we should archive every single one of Gold's threads and keep them in a separate forum, so that all of his idiotic, inane stories can be referenced whenever you want to refute one of his statements. Or, you could just use that forum when you want a good laugh. Whatever. Anyway...

+1
"It is not advisable, James, to venture unsolicited opinions. You should spare yourself the embarrassing discovery of their exact value to your listener."
"Rationality is the recognition of the fact that nothing can alter the truth and nothing can take precedence over that act of perceiving it."
2006-06-27, 12:09 PM #34
+1 :psyduck: :mad: :confused: :ninja:
2006-06-27, 1:11 PM #35
wtf is that monkey thing you guys keep posting?
2006-06-27, 1:20 PM #36
Monkey...? You mean :psyduck: ?? That's :psyduck: man! Really! :psyduck:
Wikissassi sucks.
2006-06-27, 1:22 PM #37
It's a pokemon, psyduck.

One of the admins added him.

I can't believe you didn't know Brian, and here we all thought you was all knowing ;)
2006-06-27, 1:23 PM #38
*waves hand* "This is the duck you want to remove."
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-06-27, 1:37 PM #39
Massassi already gave me one water energy.
Attachment: 12672/070 psyduck.jpg (36,085 bytes)
2006-06-27, 1:38 PM #40
[http://www.rollinghillswildlife.com/animals/w/walrus/walrus.jpg]
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor

↑ Up to the top!