Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Fine, you want to debate, here is your debate.
Fine, you want to debate, here is your debate.
2004-06-27, 9:32 AM #1
As many of you know by now I have tried to make 3 topics on F 9/11. All of which have failed because a group of immature people have purposly gone in and ruined them, because they think they are holarious, they think it's cool to ruin threads. They call me the troll when what they are doing is the defenition of troll. i was banned from 2001 - When the ban list was cleared because I was "annoying" and I made "massassi an unlikeable place to be" Well right now these people are making massassi a very unlikeable place by trolling my threads, bashing me, flaming me, I even get constant PMs full of insults and swears in the chat room. I am constantly harassed.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">[21:54:50] <Cazor> http://forums.massassi.net/html/Forum1/HTML/035937.html <--- ...lets all hijack the thread....
[21:54:59] <Cazor> start talking about the weather, and sports.
[21:55:27] * Cazor was kicked by Blood_Asp (B&)
[21:55:32] * Cazor has joined #massassi
[21:55:33] * ChanServ sets mode: +v Cazor
[21:55:57] <Deadman> so hows the weather?
[21:55:58] * Bender has quit IRC (Connection reset by peer)
[21:56:05] <Blood_Asp> YOU WANNA TAKE IT OUTSIDE?
[21:56:11] <warl0rd> i like thread hijacking
[21:56:17] <Cazor> lets do it!
[21:56:31] * stat has quit IRC ("The end of man is of the worm" -Pirke Abot)
[21:56:31] <Deadman> yay
[21:56:39] <Cazor> ok i started it :O
[21:56:54] <Deadman> lol
[21:56:58] <Cazor> go go go.
[21:57:13] <warl0rd> omq i replied
[21:58:06] <Cazor> omg me too
[21:58:09] <Cazor> keep going.
[21:58:41] * SalvadorChicka whips
[21:58:46] <Cazor> mfg
[21:58:52] <Cazor> omfg
[21:58:59] <SalvadorChicka> my god too
[21:59:19] <Cazor> warlord, deadman! come on!
[21:59:41] <Deadman> replied
[21:59:52] <Genki> ILUSHI#$%&*#%*()(&^*)(#$^
[21:59:53] * Genki has quit IRC (: :|  :| :)
[21:59:54] <Deadman> =D
[22:00:03] <Deadman> Genki makes a good point
[22:00:06] * Deadman twitches again
[22:00:20] <warl0rd> replied
[22:01:33] <Cazor> haha keep going
[22:01:35] <Cazor> i replied
[22:01:46] <Cazor> sajn's going nuts.</font>

I have also been informed by certain admins, that there are reasons why a large number of the jerks at massassi have not been banned for lengthy periods of times. The admins play favorites. I know Sine has favorites, I know kak has favorites, I know alot of admins play favorites. It's the truth. This has to stop. As an admin you are supposed to respect the rules, and play by them. You shouldn't play favorites and least favorites, you should do your job, and not let one member get away with whatever he wants. If I need help from the admins I get spat on, beacause many of them do not like me. I know S51, Cazor, and Ubuu all are on the favorites list of some admins. This will not do. You people wanted a debate? Fine, debate this. Explain why the admins and ops are playing favorites. Explain why some people that should be banned never are for long times. Explain why I can never get a single e-mail responded to EVERY ADMIN I E-MAIL. EXPLAIN! DEBATE! YOU ASKED FOR IT!

here is a prime exapmle of the PM's I get. How i get harassed. I've slightly changed the names as to not get anyone in trouble..but I am sure you can figure out who it is.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"><oboo> your a loser, ****ing lonely ***
<oboo> get a life

<oboo> you try working for one of the biggest private copanies in the nation
<oboo> asswipe
<oboo> i wipe my *** wit **** like you

<oboo> your still ****
<oboo> you have no life
<oboo> no purpose of being here
<oboo> just a waste
<oboo> and a toxin to the gene pool
</font>

------------------
"Ever since I was a boy, I have always kept your laws, now I want to follow you and join you in your noble cause. Jesus turned to him and said, 'Sell all you have give to the poor.' Rich young ruler hung his head, not to follow, walked instead." - Vanishing Lesson

[This message has been edited by SAJN_Master (edited June 27, 2004).]
Think while it's still legal.
2004-06-27, 9:36 AM #2
You expect too much in return for too little. You aren't focusing on what is important. Get outside.
2004-06-27, 9:38 AM #3
1.) It's going to be really hard to keep a thread with a controversial topic from going south fast

2.) If it didn't work the first two times, trying it again is probably not a good idea.

3.) Yes, the admins do play favorites. They are people and they have their friends. That's just the way it is.

4.) Your first impression, which was pretty ****ty is what sticks with people to this day. It sucks, but you dug the hole and now you're dealing with the consequences

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-06-27, 9:40 AM #4
Admins are like politicians, apparently.
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-06-27, 9:42 AM #5
Avenger, My first impression...you mean when I WAS ELEVEN YEARS OLD!!!!!! I changed alot since then. It's been ages since I trolled. Ever since I said I changed I have. Most of my posts are on topic now, I am alot more mature, I am also 15 now not 11. People need to realize people change. I'm not hiding anything, I have sincerley changed. That doesn't give anyone the right to treat me like **** and bash me, and for the admins to ignore me. The admins can have friends, but when it comes to banning someone for breaking rules, YOU DO IT! You don't let him get away with breaking a rule because you like him, then ban a kid you don't like for doing nothing.

------------------
"Ever since I was a boy, I have always kept your laws, now I want to follow you and join you in your noble cause. Jesus turned to him and said, 'Sell all you have give to the poor.' Rich young ruler hung his head, not to follow, walked instead." - Vanishing Lesson
2004-06-27, 9:43 AM #6
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by PnHobbit:
You expect too much in return for too little. You aren't focusing on what is important. Get outside.</font>

I agree. This forums are way too important to you. You need to get outside and form some reality based relationships with people, and stop bickering over the admins on a star wars message board. You take Massassi entirely too seriously, its like your life.

Not to mention making 3 different Farenheit 9/11 threads pretty much sends you straight back to your spamming attention troll days.

------------------
"If there's one thing I've learned it's this - you just can't shake hands with a fist" - David Allen Coe
2004-06-27, 9:46 AM #7
Raoul, I made three threads because I wanted to get it RIGHT. I want a topic to stay on topic and not sway, I thought massassi was capable of such simple things, but they aren't. And I have a life. You see the tip of the iceberg of me online. I am always out during the day for the most part, I'm most active on these forums at night. I go out with my friends every day or other day. I write scripts, I am going to Germany/Austria next year. My friend and I are buying a 500 dollar camcorder to get us back into the film roll. I have a job. I am a purple belt in karate. I do A LOT more then this. And sure these forums are important to me, I've been on them for 5 years. 4 officially. I've made friends, many, I'd like to have massassi the way it was back when I joined. Nobody was super mean, the admins cared more about their jobs, it was great.

------------------

2004-06-27, 9:47 AM #8
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SAJN_Master:
Avenger, My first impression...you mean when I WAS ELEVEN YEARS OLD!!!!!! I changed alot since then. It's been ages since I trolled. Ever since I said I changed I have. Most of my posts are on topic now, I am alot more mature, I am also 15 now not 11. People need to realize people change. I'm not hiding anything, I have sincerley changed. That doesn't give anyone the right to treat me like **** and bash me, and for the admins to ignore me. The admins can have friends, but when it comes to banning someone for breaking rules, YOU DO IT! You don't let him get away with breaking a rule because you like him, then ban a kid you don't like for doing nothing.

</font>

Also, although you seem to think of Massassi as some kind of democratic country, for the rest of us it is a mere website with message boards. Therefore the admins are not bound by any rules to be fair or anything.

------------------
"If there's one thing I've learned it's this - you just can't shake hands with a fist" - David Allen Coe
2004-06-27, 9:49 AM #9
Yea, the forum rules, nice try buddy. I'm pretty sure Brian wouldn't like the admins playing favorites and least favorites.

------------------

2004-06-27, 9:50 AM #10
Well, being that you do appear sincere. I can give you some advice on this issue. If you want the dicks on this board (myself included) to stop giving you so much ****, then stop saying such stupid things. And stop being a dick yourself. We only do it to you because you're doing it to us. You don't see me bashing on Ubuu or anyone, cause he doesn't bash on me.

It's plain and simple: I'm only going to give you crap if you gave it to me first.

I don't just pick random people to screw with. You did something to me a while back, and got on my bad side. Maybe you shouldn't have done that.

And I'm not impressed with your age. When you're old enough to vote, post a topic, then I'll take your maturity into consideration. Until then, why don't YOU chill out, instead of telling us to.

------------------
I don't want your signature on the same page as mine. It's talking to my signature, and making it feel bad about itself.

[This message has been edited by MeLoN (edited June 27, 2004).]
2004-06-27, 9:50 AM #11
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Raoul Duke:
Therefore the admins are not bound by any rules to be fair or anything.

</font>

"Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary."

------------------
"This hole is octogo. Ogiganeel. It's Octa.. It's got eight sides."
"He's a dead man! I'm not havin' a dead man in my cemetary!"
2004-06-27, 9:51 AM #12
lol chatlog lol lol

------------------
1 of 14 | 6-16 Never Forget. | Click.
1 of 14 | 6-16 Never Forget. | Click.
2004-06-27, 9:51 AM #13
There is no rule stating that replies have to be directly related to the topic.

------------------
What once was...
2004-06-27, 9:53 AM #14
MeLoN, I don't insult people unless they insult me. I treat people with respect unless they crap on me, then I just crap back.

Also, it's been posted a bunch of times that topic should STAY on topic, one time I even remember saying if people kept purposly swaying topics they'd be banned, I'm so happy to see the admins have backed up what they said.

------------------
2004-06-27, 9:55 AM #15
If you have an issue related to the admins... If you have a problem with a ban or a thread being closed, be it yours or someone else's, email the admins. Do NOT post a message on the forums, it will get closed. If you don't feel comfortable emailing one of the admins, email another one.

SAJN: See the rules as well.

------------------
I don't want your signature on the same page as mine. It's talking to my signature, and making it feel bad about itself.
2004-06-27, 9:56 AM #16
This is an issue related to the entire community, and not limited to the admins.

------------------
2004-06-27, 9:57 AM #17
I've e-mailed them so many times, it isn't even funny, and this topic isn't reguarding JUST the admins it's something everyone needs to read. Admins don't like me, they don't reply to my e-mails. I've typed up paragraph after paragraph after page after page to the admins, I never get a reply, this is the only way.

------------------
2004-06-27, 9:59 AM #18
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SAJN_Master:
I've e-mailed them so many times, it isn't even funny, and this topic isn't reguarding JUST the admins it's something everyone needs to read. Admins don't like me, they don't reply to my e-mails. I've typed up paragraph after paragraph after page after page to the admins, I never get a reply, this is the only way.

</font>

But, uh... What's this supposed to do exactly? If they ignore your emails what makes you think they're going to acknowledge this post?

------------------
2004-06-27, 10:04 AM #19
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Warlord:

</font>

------------------
"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity."

-Albert Einstein
2004-06-27, 10:04 AM #20
Where do you send these emails to? As I understand it, the staff email never gets checked. You'd be better off talking to an admin on IRC.

------------------
Because you're as bored as I am
"This world is made of love and peace!"
"Let's live today, let's live tomorrow, and let's live the day after that, even if it means living in eternal pain."
- Vash the Stampede
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2004-06-27, 10:06 AM #21
SAJN, there are a few things you need to know

1) Nothing good ever comes out of the chatroom. That's just the way it is.

2) Your expectations about your threads were unrealistic. As many people have said, there is no way you can post something about politics or religion and not have it turn into a debate.

3) The reason your last F9/11 thread went the way it did is because people were tired of you clinging to the subject so they retaliated by spamming the thread.

4) Verbal abuse gets you no where.

------------------
Massassi: We don't debate. We *****.
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-06-27, 10:08 AM #22
Yeah, they don't help either. Trust me I've tried. To top things off one of the massassians (Only ones who know I have this e-mail) Have stolen my e-mail. the password was the same as my log in name to make it easy, and one of them took it and changed the password. Partly my fault, but they shouldn't be stealing my e-mail. I need that. And yes I am 90% posititve it was a massassian. Only them and me know my g-mail.

2) Your expectations about your threads were unrealistic. As many people have said, there is no way you can post something about politics or religion and not have it turn into a debate. <-- Uhh that's a lie. A large number of people posted the right way. Then the others are just jerks-off losers that wasnt to ruin a good thread. IT CAN BE DONE YOU CHOOSE NOT TO!

------------------

2004-06-27, 10:11 AM #23
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Warlord:

</font>

So, you wouldn't mind if a group of people took over your topics? It's just common courtesy to at least answer the question/fulfill the objective of a topic before spamming it.

------------------
2004-06-27, 10:14 AM #24
Unfortunately, Melon, I agree with Livid here. It happens, and eventually it has to be dealt with. Whether or not I like it is a different matter, and whether or not I'm going to keep up with this thread is also a different matter. But yah, hopefully Brian might see this. We need his opinion on these things.

And SWEET KAKKING JEHOSAPHAT, IT'S LAT!

Hey I made a funny...

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-06-27, 10:26 AM #25
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I try and make a thread work 3 times, because I thought massassi had the mentality and matureity to handle it. I was dead wrong.</font>

Let's get this straight: you are not on good standings with the admins, you believe the community is not mature enough and does not have the mentality to post correctly on your previous three threads, so you go to the community about the admins. Am I missing something here?

------------------
"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity."

-Albert Einstein
2004-06-27, 10:38 AM #26
Sorry SAJN but you're wrong. It starts out as posting yes/no kind of answers. And then people begin asking "why do you say that?" Then the exhange of reasons begin. Then those reasons begin to get questioned and criticized. Thus the debate begins. That's in an ideal situation though. Here at massassi, we cut right to the criticizing. It is impossible to have a thread about politics or religion remain debateless unless everyone agrees.

------------------
Massassi: We don't debate. We *****.
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-06-27, 10:38 AM #27
I'm only just be a lurker so I can't comment on this really,But

SAJN_Master you need to calm down a bit,
your really not helping your case when your upset like this(I've been there before)

Has for the Admins playing favorites.. Well admins are human to, when you see your friend do some thing wrong it doesn't seem nearly has bad has when you see some you dislike doing the same thing..

But I do agree some people need to git in trouble..

Massassi(or the Discussion Forum anyways) seems to be taking a very bad turn for the worst has of late,

Maybe Brain should bring in some 3rd party admins for a while to help clean things up..

or admins could start handing out week long bans, for flaming/trolling. that way even if the ban was a little uncalled for it would only be for a week..

but thats just my worthless 2 cents
2004-06-27, 10:55 AM #28
Hobbit's right, you and many of you others need to stop with all these little arguments you all get in. I applaud the few of you which actually know what you're talking about and those few that actually have lives outside of here. If some of you are so concerned about the way you're goverments turning, elections, or what have you, go out and do something about it.

Needlessly bickering and debating about such a subject that doesn't have much concerete info on either side is going to get you no where, especially if you are doing it here, in a place that doesn't really exist.

------------------
Punktkerbe | www.hl2central.net
2004-06-27, 11:03 AM #29
If I were on a favourites list...that would explain my klining two years ago riiigght?

And show the rest of that conversation please, your like your buddy moore, not showing everything, just the parts that make you look good.

------------------
In Tribute to Adam Sliger. Rest in Peace

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

[This message has been edited by Ubuu (edited June 27, 2004).]

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-06-27, 11:05 AM #30
Ubuu, Fake conversation is it? That's funny because Correction has a conversation betweeen you and him in which you showed the same behavior. Should I post the full message for all to see? and I changed it from Ubuu to oboo if you read.

------------------

2004-06-27, 11:05 AM #31
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kieran Horn:
Your expectations about your threads were unrealistic. As many people have said, there is no way you can post something about politics or religion and not have it turn into a debate.</font>
Not true. That thread I posted a while back about the GodhatesAmerica website never turned into a debate. (Although one or two people tried). That proves it's possible.
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MeLoN:
We only do it to you because you're doing it to us.</font>
Brilliant logic. The solution to a problem is to compound and/or create new problems?
SAJN, you used this same logic, too. Both sides need to consider that circular actions go nowhere. The bigger man will stop first.

[This message has been edited by DogSRoOL (edited June 27, 2004).]
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-06-27, 11:08 AM #32
Just read that you changed the names, it is real. I am not going to deny it. I am a bully, shoot me. Too bad what I do to you in PM means nothing here.

This is just a cry for help. On to more important threads.

------------------

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-06-27, 11:10 AM #33
I'm sorry, but some of you need to get a life. This is a message board on the internet. Expectations should not be high, though I think Massassi is better than most. My point is though, if you let this stuff bother you, there is a problem. It's a waste of time and energy to get worked up over a thread.

------------------
"This thread is still alive? Someone should kill it."
www.dailyvault.com. - As Featured in Guitar Hero II!
2004-06-27, 11:11 AM #34
Sajn, if you have a problem with the people inside of #massassi please take it up with the chat OPs. I understand that you are annoyed, but this isnt going to help.
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I know S51, Cazor, and Ubuu all are on the favorites list of some admins.</font>

Yes, this is true for some people, but I can assure you that this has changed. Listen, you cant change the way people feel about other people sometimes. I admit it, I am more prone to kick certain people, but as an OP I have to learn to control myself and observe the chat room.
I also know that people make mistakes. I for one have made the wrong decision even when just merely kicking someone.
Despite how annoying a user might be, I know that I try MY hardest to attempt and help a banned user. Yes, sometimes I tell them to talk to the other ops, but that is only because I don't know the circumstances of the ban.
I am not familiar with the Admin and staff emails, but I do know from them that there is an immense amount of spam in the inbox and ordinary emails are often lost in the mix. In fact buck just posted something about this a day or two ago.
Also, the chat ops do not have their own email at massassi since most of the time it is easier to sign on to irc and speak with them. Banned from the channel? /msg one of the ops or someone you know to see which OP is active.
There is not much I can say about private messages. Yes people do harrass each other with them, but there is nothing a chat op can do. We have no evidence that a person is actually saying this to someone else. It is just text, for all we know the "victim" can be making it up. My advice to you for PMs is just to ignore them. Ignore the user even, we can't do anything.
Thats all I have to say. And if you need to talk to me, I wont be home for a while tonight, but certainly will be on tomorrow.

------------------
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2004-06-27, 11:11 AM #35
To bad Ubuu I am not using the PMs with the admins. I already know they mean jack shat.

------------------
2004-06-27, 11:13 AM #36
The admins aren't as bad as they used to be (remember when blujay would lock threads without reason or warning?) but there's this whole thing at Massassi where people think it's cool and witty to be a sarcastic jackass. Zuljin does it, S51 does it, Sine does it when he's cranky, Cazor does it, lat did it when he was around more...

You notice it first in the huge debate threads where people are basically sniping at eachother, but after a while the attitude starts to spill over into regular Massassi as well.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">If you have an issue related to the admins... If you have a problem with a ban or a thread being closed, be it yours or someone else's, email the admins. Do NOT post a message on the forums, it will get closed. If you don't feel comfortable emailing one of the admins, email another one.

SAJN: See the rules as well.
</font>

To Melon: Stop. I'm a mod, and I'm telling you to stop. You want to start quoting the rules to people? Maybe you should read the announcement that specifically tells people not to do that sort of thing. Stop purposly trying to piss off Sajn (I cannot believe I had to say that).

To everybody else: This is it. The end. I may not have mod powers in this forum, but the whole tirade ends here or I'll contact Jaiph, or DS, or Brian, or one of the other level-headed admins to start settling people.

------------------
"Look at me! I'm Tracer! BLAHBLAHBLAH!"

-MBeggar
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2004-06-27, 11:14 AM #37
I lied. I have one more thing to say.
In the chat, requesting another member be banned constantly, even if that member has done nothing wrong, is not acceptable.
I think I am speaking clear enough that those of you who do this know who you are.
This immaturity really has to stop. Some of the people that go into the chat are only 13 or 14 and they are more mature than some of you.

------------------
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2004-06-27, 11:19 AM #38
Making a thread with built-in debate potential and then telling us not to debate is like going down to skid row and handing out free booze and then telling everyone not to open it.

The bottom line is people are going to do what they want, and theres nothing you can do about it. The admins here are lenient enough to only go after the worst offenders, and that's a good thing b/c if they were really strict, most of us would have been banned a long time ago.

I've seen boards where there is a warning system in place (10 warnings = ban) and the mods are strict as hell, and places like that are not much fun. In places like that, the admins and mods must get a real hard-on from controlling everyone, and the only reason why people take it is b/c the board has links to good resources.

------------------
The University of North Carolina has finally found a network server that, although missing for four years, hasn't missed a packet in all that time. Try as they might, university administrators couldn't find the server. Working with Novell Inc., IT workers tracked it down by meticulously following cable until they literally ran into a wall. The server had been mistakenly sealed behind drywall by maintenance workers.
2004-06-27, 11:20 AM #39
Jesus Christ, why don't you leave SAJN alone? He's right, he has changed. While I don't care for him much, I don't go around hijacking his threads just because he was the topic starter.

If anyone needs to get outside more it's all you bullies, constantly trolling the boards loking for every little thing SAJN says just to flame him for it.

Get over yourselves and accept him for who he is. Don't like him, don't read his threads.
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side
2004-06-27, 11:23 AM #40
I <3 Pizza...

Oh wait, wrong subject

------------------
Maker of the Levels:
Sand Trap
Sand Trap (Night)

Writer/Author of the fanfic: Dragonball Aftershock

_.~'AKA DBF_SuperSaiyan'~._
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

↑ Up to the top!