Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → San Andreas
San Andreas
2006-07-24, 10:25 PM #1
Is it just me or is this the best game ibe ever played?
It's the PERFECT recreation of the 90's. It even has the LA riots, Music like all other GTA games [Except the first 3] is spot on and there are so many things to do in this game its amazing. Gang war? YES! Jets? YES! Tank Battles? YES! Crazy rampages? YES! Derailing trains? YES! Awesome gunfights? YES! Cheat Codes that make it actually funner when you have it done? YES! Huge play area? YES!

So if you can;t guess... I LOVE THIS GAME!

So... Post you GTA [Any one] Stats.
2006-07-24, 10:29 PM #2
Can you even remember the 90s? lols
2006-07-24, 10:36 PM #3
Awesome game. I've played it three times.
Pissed Off?
2006-07-24, 10:39 PM #4
Is it really that hard to "recreate" the 90's?
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-07-24, 11:14 PM #5
Give it a try!

It's not really how hard it is to do it. Its that its so perfectly done.
2006-07-24, 11:17 PM #6
If you think that game recreated the 90s perfectly, it is clear that you don't recall much about the 90s.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-07-24, 11:23 PM #7
Originally posted by Tiberium_Empire:
Give it a try!

It's not really how hard it is to do it. Its that its so perfectly done.

What I meant was the 90's are not really so different than now, as they were fairly recent. Thus, there is no real "re-creation" to be done.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-07-24, 11:25 PM #8
OMG OMG! like it had bikes and cars and drive by shootings and fast food resturants and music and stuff just like that one time in the 90s!
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2006-07-24, 11:28 PM #9
It's a fun game, but can be very fustrating at times.

I'm stuck on the "Life's a Beach" nmission. I simply lack the coordination to get all the moves right, and my laterality issues are not helping, either. ( Why not just kill the DJ and steal the van? )The lowrider mission that is similar to the aforementioned was also brutal, but I managed to barely pass it.
2006-07-24, 11:31 PM #10
Insanely awesome game.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-07-24, 11:44 PM #11
Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS:

I'm stuck on the "Life's a Beach" nmission. I simply lack the coordination to get all the moves right, and my laterality issues are not helping, either. ( Why not just kill the DJ and steal the van? )The lowrider mission that is similar to the aforementioned was also brutal, but I managed to barely pass it.

Those two exact missions have also stopped me from completing it several times, now.

That and driving on the PC isn't worth the time. At all.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-07-24, 11:46 PM #12
Just the other day I was thinking, "You know, if someone in the future looks back at all the games and movies and stuff set in the nineties, they're gonna think it was all hot and dry and orange all the time, with lotsa gang violence."

-Also, everyone either wore Raiders Jackets or plaid and jeans. No exceptions.
2006-07-25, 1:15 AM #13
I like setting things on fire. Things can catch fire. Even inside. I burned the hell out of a convenience store. I like to burn things. Especially in the sims.
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2006-07-25, 3:17 AM #14
Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS:

Zero's shop missions are harder. Way, way harder. I've never looked back at those.
2006-07-25, 3:32 AM #15
Agreed on all those missions, yet the dance move things got easier after I realized the proper keys
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-07-25, 4:32 AM #16
Yeah, the DDR missions are easy. Listen to the music. As long as your computer doesn't suck, it'll be on the beat with when you need to hit it.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2006-07-25, 6:45 AM #17
Your not old enough to play GTA. For shame, for shame.
2006-07-25, 7:21 AM #18
Completed about 4 times, one of the files has something like 92% done.
nope.
2006-07-25, 7:36 AM #19
Well, times like these I'm almost glad my parents censor what I play (no GTA pretty much, and that's about it. that and lotsa sexual stuff...) because I may have ended up ranting and raving like Tiberium.

And seriously, TE. How do you remember the 90's? I certainly don't remember them.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-07-25, 7:37 AM #20
Originally posted by Zloc_Vergo:
And seriously, TE. How do you remember the 90's? I certainly don't remember them.

Now I feel old. :gbk:
Sorry for the lousy German
2006-07-25, 7:52 AM #21
If you like SA, you should really try the multiplayer mods.

[url]www.mtasa.com[/url] (currently vehicle races only)
[url]www.sa-mp.com[/url] (more or less a "complete" MP mod, but it's lacking in maps/game modes)
2006-07-25, 7:54 AM #22
Aren't Multi Theft Auto really close to finally pinning down on-foot synch?
nope.
2006-07-25, 8:14 AM #23
Originally posted by Baconfish:
Completed about 4 times, one of the files has something like 92% done.

I got my last one to about 98%. Going after the last oysters and photos got boring after a while. Going block-by-block with the jetpack really helps you get a lot, and I also used the Sea Sparrow for a lot of the oysters.
$do || ! $do ; try
2006-07-25, 8:22 AM #24
I could never fly properly. I'd crash and burn about 72% of the time.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-07-25, 8:24 AM #25
:/ Flying in SA is simple.

GTA3 on the other hand...
nope.
2006-07-25, 8:25 AM #26
That's why I have a joystick :P
$do || ! $do ; try
2006-07-25, 8:52 AM #27
Flying in simple, it's just that in the PC version, neither the manual or game itself actually tell you how to do it. San Andreas has one of the worst user manuals i've ever seen, they devoted so much time to making it into a silly tourist guide that they forgot to include the "how to play" part.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2006-07-25, 9:02 AM #28
Originally posted by Baconfish:
Aren't Multi Theft Auto really close to finally pinning down on-foot synch?
I'm pretty sure they've had it done for awhile now. According to the blog, they're just tweaking it at this point, and adding other features. So hopefully we should see a release fairly soon.
2006-07-25, 9:11 AM #29
Well, times like these I'm almost glad my parents censor what I play (no GTA pretty much, and that's about it. that and lotsa sexual stuff...) because I may have ended up ranting and raving like Tiberium.

You just rant and rave about other stuff instead, like your new computer . . . ALL . . . THE . . . TIME.
Pissed Off?
2006-07-25, 9:15 AM #30
It's true. Don't worry Zloc, you will be corrupted. We all are, eventually.
2006-07-25, 9:32 AM #31

If you rant and rave like him, you've got a few screws loose anyway, playing video games won't make a difference.
$do || ! $do ; try
2006-07-25, 9:43 AM #32
The one zero mission where you have to help your robot car get to the other guy's base... that took me at LEAST... 50 tries before I learned how to control the damn helicoptor properly.
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2006-07-25, 9:47 AM #33
Originally posted by Avenger:
You just rant and rave about other stuff instead, like your new computer . . . ALL . . . THE . . . TIME.

hahaha
2006-07-25, 9:50 AM #34
I should reinstall SA. I'm a few missions past "Lifes a Beach" (which is extremely easy).
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2006-07-25, 10:14 AM #35
Originally posted by Veger:
The one zero mission where you have to help your robot car get to the other guy's base... that took me at LEAST... 50 tries before I learned how to control the damn helicoptor properly.

The second Zero mission with the remote control plane was insane on the PS2. Any slip up and you run out of fuel. They made it easier on the PC.
Pissed Off?
2006-07-25, 10:16 AM #36
Isn't imsoshort like, 12?
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2006-07-25, 10:22 AM #37
Not only is he like 12, he's a spastic idiot.
2006-07-25, 10:45 AM #38
Originally posted by Avenger:
The second Zero mission with the remote control plane was insane on the PS2. Any slip up and you run out of fuel. They made it easier on the PC.

If you try to shoot them up just enough so they get out of the cars ASAP, it makes it a lot easier, with tons of fuel to spare.
$do || ! $do ; try
2006-07-25, 11:05 AM #39
Yeah, that mission was easy on the PC. All of the RC missions were, don't think I failed any of them. Of course that's using an Xbox controller on my PC. Dunno how tough it'd be trying to fly with the keys, ugh.

There were a fair share of annoying missions though. I remember the train mission near the beginning where you chase the train and kill the guys on top. For some reason the first time through I could not beat that mission. Then the second time through did it the first try.
2006-07-25, 11:07 AM #40
Yeah, that one seems really random.
Pissed Off?

↑ Up to the top!