Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → San Andreas
San Andreas
2006-07-26, 2:24 PM #81
Originally posted by Avenger:
Just don't over the area 51 thing.

After 4 stars, you start getting chased by 2 Hydras that try to shoot you down with missiles.
nope.
2006-07-26, 3:40 PM #82
[QUOTE=Bounty Hunter 4 hire]- Certain maneuvers like doing donuts in a car, are set up in such a way control-wise that they are never used out of shear difficulty.[/QUOTE]
And if you're using a crappy keyboard, you'll probably hit the keypress limit if you're trying to do anything more than just a donut.

Originally posted by Baconfish:
After 4 stars, you start getting chased by 2 Hydras that try to shoot you down with missiles.

Yeah, but usually when the jets came after me I was in the Apache (Hunter). Only once did I have them after we without being able to shoot back; did quite a few interesting and physically impossible maneuvers before bailing and stealing an FBI Rancher.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2006-07-26, 6:29 PM #83
Anyone besides me played with "orbital skydiving"?

Basically turn on the cars fly away cheat, spawn a parachute, then drive to a helicopter and park TOUCHING it. When you jump in the helicopter it taps the car and starts to fly up while you're getting in. Thus you're now in a vehical floating steadily away, and can EASILY break WAY past the flight ceiling SA imposes.

Longer you let it float away, longer you can spend in free fall.

I started at the San Fierro airport once, let it float for about 20 minutes, then bailed and managed to skydive all the way to the middle of the Las Venturas airport before I even had to bother with opening my chute.

Pointless, and only marginally entertaining, but definately funny and something to kill time with. Interesting way to travel from Point A to Point B as well. It's just time consuming as all hell.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2006-07-27, 7:15 AM #84
Another thing to try is grabbing the hovercraft up in the log yard by the panopticon or whatever it's called, then driving it up Mount Chiliad and floating it off the edge. You can corss about a quarter of the map if you hold back, because it just slowly floats down.
nope.
2006-07-27, 8:02 AM #85
there's a course in MTA that makes use of the hovercraft floating.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2006-07-27, 10:48 AM #86
Originally posted by Baconfish:
Another thing to try is grabbing the hovercraft up in the log yard by the panopticon or whatever it's called, then driving it up Mount Chiliad and floating it off the edge. You can corss about a quarter of the map if you hold back, because it just slowly floats down.

Yeah, I've done that before. I also like base jumping from the spires downtown.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)

↑ Up to the top!