Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Spider-Man 2
Spider-Man 2
2004-06-29, 2:32 PM #1
I wasn't to fond of the first, but this one looks really good and it's gotten awesome reviews everywhere. I'm going to see this tommorow. My friend and I were actually going to go at midnight, but then we realized "That's stupid". So yeah, who's going to see it?

------------------
I made a thread, that turned into the debate, so I made a second thread, that turned into a debate, then I made a third thread, that caught on fire, burned down, got flamed, crapped on, bashed, then turned into a debate...but the fourth one, the fourth one stayed on topic!
Think while it's still legal.
2004-06-29, 2:36 PM #2
I was going to see if tomorrow with friends, but now i've found i have work until 10:00, so i'm tryin to convince them to go tursday.

------------------
"No good can ever come from staying with normal people"
-Outlaw Star
"Some people play tennis. I erode the human soul"
-Tycho, Penny Arcade
"I'm a Cannabal-Vegitarian. I will BBQ an employee if there is no veggie option"
-DX:IW
A Knight's Tail
Exile: A Tale of Light in Dark
The Never Ending Story²[/i]
A Knight's Tail
The Never Ending Story²
"I consume the life essence itself!... Preferably medium rare" - Mauldis

-----@%
2004-06-29, 2:41 PM #3
"Cool Spidey suit."

"Yeah. It gives me a wedgie sometimes, though."

Best spiderman line EVAR!
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-06-29, 2:55 PM #4
I'm going to go see it for sure

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-06-29, 3:04 PM #5
I want to see it! Just nobody to see it with [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

I don't like going to the movies alone, I feel like a reject... maybe my dad will go with me. I saw the first one with him.

------------------
Do you have stairs in your house?
Do you have stairs in your house?
2004-06-29, 3:39 PM #6
I am going to the last showing on Permire day with my friend, bought the tix in advance.

I am really excited about SpiderMan 2, and we are both SpiderMan fanatics.

------------------
Kill Your Idols!
The tired anthem of a loser and a hypocrite.
2004-06-29, 4:53 PM #7
I liked the first movie. My only complaint is that it could have had one or two more fights. Spiderman 2 looks awesome. I really can't wait to see it tomorrow.

The game looks cool too. It's free roaming, like GTA, or True Crime.

*uber-spoiler* Bruce Cambell defeats Spiderman in this movie.

------------------
Because you're as bored as I am
"This world is made of love and peace!"
"Let's live today, let's live tomorrow, and let's live the day after that, even if it means living in eternal pain."
- Vash the Stampede
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2004-06-29, 5:09 PM #8
I got a free ticket thanks to the DVD I finally bought Sunday. So I'm gonna see it tomorrow.

------------------
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2004-06-29, 5:37 PM #9
I plan to attend the midnight show tonight. Few more hours to go.

------------------
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Completely Overrated Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Comple...59732330769611
A community dedicated to discussing all things entertainment.
2004-06-29, 5:43 PM #10
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/SpiderMan2-1133520/

96% and an 8.4 average, wow, damn impressive.

I wasn't really looking forward to this movie as I'm pretty sick of the superhero fad and the trailer gave away too much, but I'm officially re-interested now.

------------------
Cantina Cloud | BCF | The Massassian 1, 2 & 3 | Gonkmeg
Corrupting the kiddies since '97
2004-06-29, 6:08 PM #11
Gonna go see it tommorow night late show.

------------------
Chaz Ghostle you have the best taste in music. I can't tell how many times I listened to that song on your site.
My Personal Site | Remnant Temple Part A | A work in progress
I was just petting the bunny, and it went into the soup can, and part of my hand went with it. - Red vs Blue
2004-06-29, 6:11 PM #12
I can't wait until this thread turns into a debate specifally for sajn's benefit. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

[/cheap shot]

------------------
The University of North Carolina has finally found a network server that, although missing for four years, hasn't missed a packet in all that time. Try as they might, university administrators couldn't find the server. Working with Novell Inc., IT workers tracked it down by meticulously following cable until they literally ran into a wall. The server had been mistakenly sealed behind drywall by maintenance workers.

[This message has been edited by Pagewizard_YKS (edited June 29, 2004).]
2004-06-29, 6:49 PM #13
[I get the feeling that by starting a joke, it will get carried on for too long.]

------------------
For a healty meal, eat mashed potatoes, peas, and catloaf.
Valuable Life Lesson: Frog + Potato Gun = Blindness
Catalog of Electronic Components - Complete IC data sheets
National Electrical Code® (NEC®) Online - Legal requirements for wiring projects.

[This message has been edited by DogSRoOL (edited June 29, 2004).]
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-06-29, 7:00 PM #14
Hey Page, speaking of cheap shots how is your mom? OMG BURN DISS.

Anyway, Spiderman 2 tommorow, and Holy crap at rotten tomatoes rating 0_o

------------------
I made a thread, that turned into the debate, so I made a second thread, that turned into a debate, then I made a third thread, that caught on fire, burned down, got flamed, crapped on, bashed, then turned into a debate...but the fourth one, the fourth one stayed on topic!
Think while it's still legal.
2004-06-29, 7:02 PM #15
I personally loved the first movie so there is no doubt that I would want to go see this one. I don't think I'll be seeing it anytime soon because I don't think anyone in the house cares to go see it. Maybe later on down the road my sister might want to get see it with me.

-- SavageX

------------------
"...and if you don't like that, then you need to be slugged in the face repeatedly, until my hands are soaked in blood. Have a nice day!"
http://geocities.com/savagex378
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2004-06-29, 7:23 PM #16
It looks really good, and I want to go to the midnight showing, but unless I can find someone to go with in the next half hour (unlikely) I'll probably go tomorrow.

------------------
"Church, women are like Voltron, the more you can hook up, the better it gets!"
-Tucker
Red vs Blue

Ph34r t3h Cute Ones
"I'm only civil because I don't know any swear words."

-Calvin
2004-06-29, 7:25 PM #17
I might see it, possibly...
yeah

------------------
mir·ow ( V ) Pronunciation Key (meer-oh)
Someone or something that possesses unfathomable awesomeness
2004-06-29, 8:54 PM #18
Just got back from seeing it. Woo. Some people in the theater randomly started laughing at dramatic moments, which pissed me off, but other than that the movie was awesome. And stuff.

------------------
Moo.
Moo.
2004-06-29, 10:05 PM #19
How was Bruce Campbell?

------------------
"Look at me! I'm Tracer! BLAHBLAHBLAH!"

-MBeggar
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2004-06-29, 11:46 PM #20
Everything about that movie met, and far exceeded the standards set by the first film. It was simply amazing. Doc Oc was done very well, despite his lack of an accent. The movie was driven by a really powerful story. All this made it great, but what I really liked was the use of characters that weren't touched on in the first movie, like Robbie Robertson, Dr. Connors, and John Jameson.

------------------
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Completely Overrated Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Comple...59732330769611
2004-06-30, 11:09 AM #21
WILL SOMEONE PLEASE GET ME A CLEAN PAIR OF PANTS?

GOD THIS MOVIE ROCKED! Way better than the first. The first I left with a bad taste in my mouth at some of the corniness. This movie was better, not as 9/11ish as the first was (The New Yorkers attacking the Goblin from the bridge was just corny), and despite the fact a similar sequence happens in this one, I felt it was much better set up (dude he just saved there lives, so they owed him big time).

AND I GOT THE GAME! Sweet. I can't wait to try it out. GTA meets Spider-Man. Ohhhh yeah...

------------------
2004-06-30, 11:28 AM #22
How many Stan Lee cameo's did you catch? I got 2

------------------
<S51> Give a man a sandwich and you'll feed him for an hour, teach him to make a sandwich and he'll get pissed, hit you and tell you to make him another sandwich.
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2004-06-30, 12:12 PM #23
I'm going to see it in 3 hours, 15 minutes and 57 seconds. Can't wait.

------------------
[insert various humourous anecdotes here]
2004-06-30, 12:51 PM #24
Haha, "Yah, it rides up in the crotch a lot. Kinda itchy"

Yep, saw it last night at 8:00 because my theatre gives employee screenings [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
The Devious Server
2004-06-30, 2:13 PM #25
I'm seeing it on Saturday. Come on Correction, what's wrong with watching movies along?
2004-06-30, 3:01 PM #26
<3 asian lady themesong violen player

------------------
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">whenever any form of government becomes destructive to securing the rights of the governed, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it</font>

---Thomas jefferson, Declaration of Independance.
whenever any form of government becomes destructive to securing the rights of the governed, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it
---Thomas jefferson, Declaration of Independance.
2004-06-30, 5:42 PM #27
The *only* thing I hated *spoiler* is the unmasking part. I think it should of been more of like when Elektra unmasked Daredevil. She didn't go "What? Why did you kill my dad?" because she realized it couldn't of been Daredevil who murdered her dad, because she loved Matt and he loved her. In this, Harry shouldn't of freaked and asked why Peter killed his dad. They are best friends, you'd think the guy would stop and consider it.

------------------
2004-06-30, 6:00 PM #28
Usually when you are confused you ask questions Thrawn [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

btw, don't use Daredevil as a reference point. Not exactly the best movie ever made.

------------------
Massassi: We don't debate. We *****.
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-06-30, 9:44 PM #29
Besides, if Harry made peace with Peter, Harry wouldn't be able to become who he is destined to become.

------------------
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
2004-07-01, 2:28 AM #30
I'll see it when its available to rent, I have full faith in Sam Raimi to pull off an awesome movie.

Does Bruce Campbell play much of a roll in this film?

------------------
Drugs & Stupidity, Tons of it.
2004-07-01, 2:54 AM #31
Not too many sequels exceed the first movie. Spiderman 2 blew the first one right out of the water.

------------------
This post was proudly brought to you by KegZ™ - Now with 38% more Spam
Rock is dead - but I believe in necrophilia.
2004-07-01, 5:42 AM #32
I saw the movie last night and bought the game... So far, The game kinda follows the basic plot of the movie, I have not got to fight doc oc or anything yet... but it is really fun.

For some amazing moments, Head to the daily bugle building and then head to the tallest building north at nighttime... I think it's the empire state building... looks kinda like it. Just stand on the top and look down at the city...WOW, the lights are on, the city is huge... it's quite amazing...

the movie i liked too, but it was kinda lame when the un-masking did happen... it's not giving away much here, but c'mon, an entire trainful of people see who spiderman is and will then never speak of who he is again... not like they know him, but they can discribe him to polive sketch artist and so on... either way... he saves a few hundred lives on the train and they are talking all sarcastic like...

"god any more bright ideas?" the one guy says... i'd just let them plummet to their doom if they don't want to be rescued...

------------------
Inter arma silent leges
The Gas Station
2004-07-01, 8:59 AM #33
It was a good movie but I personally think for a spider man movie it was to much talk and not enough action. Other than that it was sweet and I just love the elevator scene.

My favorite part of the movie was when Harry finds the secret Goblin lair [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]. We know whos going to be pumpkin goblin don't we.

------------------
Chaz Ghostle you have the best taste in music. I can't tell how many times I listened to that song on your site.
My Personal Site | Remnant Temple Part A | A work in progress
I was just petting the bunny, and it went into the soup can, and part of my hand went with it. - Red vs Blue
2004-07-01, 10:41 AM #34
Saw It last night. Movie. Is. Awesome.

Everything was in that movie, and the humorus parts wern't as corny.

My God, Spider-Man 2 is just awesome, really, go see it.

NOW!

------------------
Kill Your Idols!
The tired anthem of a loser and a hypocrite.
2004-07-01, 10:44 AM #35
Just wondering, how do you people think it compared to X2, sequaly wise?

------------------
-Outlaw Star
-Tycho, Penny Arcade
"I'm a Cannabal-Vegitarian. I will BBQ an employee if there is no veggie option"
A Knight's Tail
A Knight's Tail
The Never Ending Story²

-----@%
2004-07-01, 1:05 PM #36
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Septic Yogurt:
I'll see it when its available to rent, I have full faith in Sam Raimi to pull off an awesome movie.

Does Bruce Campbell play much of a roll in this film?

</font>

He gives the proverbial beat down on Spider-Man.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Darth J:
Besides, if Harry made peace with Peter, Harry wouldn't be able to become who he is destined to become.

</font>

This is where it should of strayed from the comic a little bit. Ya see, in the comics, when Harry found out, he was doing alot of heavy drugs (Acid and popping pills), so it warped his brain and he couldn't tell right from wrong. In the movie, other than the vengence, he seemed pretty sane and rational. So when he found the gear, he should stop and go "Wait a minute, my dad was a killer...". It never hinted the guy was insane, but I guess he is just plain dumb.

------------------
2004-07-01, 3:00 PM #37
I thought it was great. In my opinion, better than the first.

And, was that guy on the train that said, "he doesn't look much older than my son," or something, Todd McFarlane?

He looked a bit diferent, older, and Todd kinda left marvel on bad terms, but I was looking for him since he had such an impact on the series.

------------------
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
2004-07-02, 6:55 AM #38
Well, i jsut saw it last night, and i can say i thought it was awesome. This had alot less spidy and action then plot this time, and though that can tend to slow down the movie too much, since this is a comic interpretation, I think it worked really well, and shows that marevel is willing to go against the "ACTION! ACTION! ACTION! story ACTION! ACTION! ACTION!" thing that has been going around. The CG was alot better this time, IMO, and Bruce Campbell was the best.

------------------
-Outlaw Star
-Tycho, Penny Arcade
A Knight's Tail
A Knight's Tail
The Never Ending Story²

-----@%
2004-07-02, 7:35 AM #39
Bruce Campbell was also in the first Spiderman as the ring announcer during the wrestling match.
2004-07-02, 7:47 AM #40
yeah, Bruce Campbell rocks.

------------------
mir·ow ( V ) Pronunciation Key (meer-oh)
Someone or something that possesses unfathomable awesomeness

↑ Up to the top!