Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Movie plot twists that do not make sense (inevitable spoilers)
Movie plot twists that do not make sense (inevitable spoilers)
2006-11-01, 12:46 PM #81
Originally posted by 'Thrawn[numbarz:
']Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

:o

Unpredictable and doesn't make any sense... but AWESOME.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2006-11-01, 12:57 PM #82
Originally posted by Zloc_Vergo:
(Yes, a bit late)

Order of Terminator movies in good to bad is as follows:

T, T3, T2.

Terminator 2 was my favorite.

I think you meant bad to good if t2 was your favorite?
"The only crime I'm guilty of is love [of china]"
- Ruthven
me clan me mod
2006-11-01, 1:04 PM #83
Terminator 2 WAS his favourite until he he realised how annoying john connor was.
2006-11-01, 1:38 PM #84
You still can't put T3 above T2.

Thats stupid.
2006-11-01, 1:40 PM #85
It's okay, he's still at that stage where girls are icky, his parents are never right, and a good action movie confuses him.
omnia mea mecum porto
2006-11-01, 1:42 PM #86
"Dood that kid is annoying. The TX has boobs! This movie rawks. The second one sux."

Sounds like that.
>>untie shoes
2006-11-01, 2:16 PM #87
But its metallic Zloc :(.
"The only crime I'm guilty of is love [of china]"
- Ruthven
me clan me mod
2006-11-01, 2:46 PM #88
Did anyone else get a "Cat's Cradle" feel from the ending of T3?

-That part was actually kinda cool. With the radio transmissions coming in and everything.
2006-11-01, 2:51 PM #89
[QUOTE=Victor Van Dort]The second twist is that the movie takes place in modern day. There is no way in hell that was predictable. There is nothing in the set design or the dialogue that even hints at that.[/QUOTE]

Utter lie. Aside from what Wolfy said, I knew that it was in the modern day in the first thirty seconds. How? I don't know if this was intentional or not, but look at the nails they're using on the coffin. They were far too modern for a town that is supposed to both exist in 1897 and be exceedingly isolated. Nails like that available in the 1897? Oh yes, I'm sure they were quite popular by then. Them having the capability to make such nails in such a small and heavily isolated town? Hells no.

It just didn't seem right.

Plus, if I remember, the wood looked like plywood.
"And lo, let us open up into the holy book of Proxy2..." -genk
His pot is blacker than his kettle!
2006-11-01, 3:23 PM #90
Yeah, I figured out it was in modern times by the way the one woman told the story of how she came to the town because her sister was killed. Sure, this could have been explained by just not writing dialogs right for the period, but something about it made me think that the story was set in modern times. And I was right. *shrugs* I still enjoy the cinematography of the movie. Great uses of color.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2006-11-01, 11:33 PM #91
Originally posted by LordVirus:
Utter lie. Aside from what Wolfy said, I knew that it was in the modern day in the first thirty seconds. How? I don't know if this was intentional or not, but look at the nails they're using on the coffin. They were far too modern for a town that is supposed to both exist in 1897 and be exceedingly isolated. Nails like that available in the 1897? Oh yes, I'm sure they were quite popular by then. Them having the capability to make such nails in such a small and heavily isolated town? Hells no.

You paid attention to the nails.

Okay, now I don't feel so bad about not expecting the twist.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2006-11-02, 3:10 AM #92
Why didn't you put the nails down to laziness on the part of the set designer like most people?
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2006-11-02, 4:07 AM #93
Because M Night whatsisface is a control freak?
2006-11-02, 11:05 AM #94
Also the TV spot for the village featured the sound of a ticking clock for no reason other than to imply that something to do with time was important in the movie.
Aquapark - Untitled JK Arena Level - Prism CTF

↑ Up to the top!