Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → What do you look for in a partner? (theory in looks)
What do you look for in a partner? (theory in looks)
2004-07-04, 1:28 PM #41
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Flexor:
Dark red hair or short(shoulder lenght) black hair, green eyes or bright blue eyes, mediumish averageish build, anything but blondes. But that's just a preference, I'm not picky.

</font>

nothing wrong with blondes!! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
/end boob rant
<spe> maevie - proving dykes can't fly

<Dor> You're levelling up and gaining more polys!
2004-07-04, 1:30 PM #42
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Septic Yogurt:
This man is the only person to give a truly honest answer.

</font>

Right. [/FastGamerr]
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-07-04, 1:55 PM #43
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mavispoo:
nothing wrong with blondes!! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]</font>

This is normally where I would interject with some creepy or oddball comment...but I think Ill skip it this time... [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
Dear lady, can you hear the wind blow, and did you know
Your stairway lies on the whispering wind.
:wq
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-07-04, 3:14 PM #44
Two things I MUST have:
decent body (not too big and not too small)
good looking face w/o makeup
has to be a gamer

if any one of those are missing, I move on.

------------------
Massassi: We don't debate. We *****.
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-07-04, 3:17 PM #45
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kieran Horn:

</font>

You must spend a lot of time looking for women... it usually takes a good few weeks in most relationships to see what this face looks like. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
Drugs & Stupidity, Tons of it.
2004-07-04, 3:21 PM #46
Quote:
Two things I MUST have:
has to be a gamer

</font>

Will you go out with me?
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-07-04, 3:41 PM #47
If we're allowed to deviate from only listing appearance stuff:

- Roughly same intelligence as me (this is usually quite common since i'm of average intelligence for my university).
- Everything in a relationship that I consider meaningful has to be meaningful to her too, ie kissing, sex etc.
- Has to be slightly crazy (in the cute way, rather than the less-common psychotic killer way).
- Has to be random and creative.

So basically, anyone who has good morals and values but also likes to enjoy life as much as possible (and also provides lots of opportunities for my wonderful wit [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]).
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2004-07-04, 4:04 PM #48
I dunno...looking back on the women I've gone for, there aren't a lot of common threads. I guess the only ones are that I tend to go for women with very fair skin (not that unkneeded dough pasty goth skin, but fair), slender (not anorexic...I hate that sticking-out thigh bones look...) who wear little or no makeup. I hate the tons of makeup look. A friend of mine is dating a girl who wears a lot of makeup and looks fairly attractive....then I saw her one day when she didn't have the makeup on and she looked like a completely different (and significantly less attractive) person. It was like Phantom of the Opera...

------------------
Dark, Darker, Darko

RIP Madaventor: God bless you.
I live in the weak, and the wounded.
2004-07-04, 4:04 PM #49
Feminine. Curves. Nice womanly curves. Pretty but not hard/stern face, one that lights up like a xmas tree with a smile. I prefer brunettes in general, but it's not like a carved in stone rule. At least a slight tan, girls who are excessively pale I find a real turn off. I don't like huge breasts or gnat sized ones either, somewhere in between.

------------------
Cantina Cloud | BCF | The Massassian 1, 2 & 3 | Gonkmeg
Corrupting the kiddies since '97
2004-07-04, 4:09 PM #50
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DogSRoOL:
Will you go out with me?</font>

Sorry, but I'm not into beastiality.

I don't like to set the kinds of standards for myself like a girl having to have brown hair or blue eyes or what have you. I just set down those basic rules and then go with the flow because I know attraction isn't a choice.

------------------
2004-07-04, 4:40 PM #51
Hair: Red or White
Eyes: Green
I like nice big breasts [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif] Though small and nice is good too^_^
I like a nice looking rear.
I like a little bit of meat on my women, not a toothpick, but not huge either.

I have weird tastes

They also need a grade A personality and be quite knowledgable

------------------
mir·ow ( V ) Pronunciation Key (meer-oh)
Someone or something that possesses unfathomable awesomeness
2004-07-04, 4:41 PM #52
Quote:
You must spend a lot of time looking for women... it usually takes a good few weeks in most relationships to see what this face looks like. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]</font>

Trick is to see her first thing in the morning... Guess you're a slow mover [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-07-04, 4:58 PM #53
Quote:
This man is the only person to give a truly honest answer.

</font>

And who the hell are you to speak for the rest of us?

------------------
Do you have stairs in your house?
Do you have stairs in your house?
2004-07-04, 5:06 PM #54
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Correction:
And who the hell are you to speak for the rest of us?
</font>

Really. What's so great about massive breasts? I don't see the appeal of stretch marks and saggy bags. Might as well play with a warm sack of bread dough.

------------------
Roach - Caught in the war of hemispheres.
0 of 14.
omnia mea mecum porto
2004-07-04, 5:25 PM #55
I've very dark brown hair and brown eyes. I am absolutely obsessed about blonde girls with deep blue eyes.
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2004-07-04, 5:30 PM #56
It's funny how all of us are so critical about other womens looks. Personally the uber uber hot girls are usually jerks, and I am not looking for a jerk, I want someone nice, average will do. I don't want a girl with size 90EE breasts or size .00001 waist or an a** that needs it's own car to get around. I just want someone nice, who likes me as much as I like them.

He: [http://www.icept-fr.com/images/geek.jpg] ONLY wants a girl like her: [http://models.com/model_culture/model_of_week/images/ellie_bikini.jpg] , but the most he'll get is a girl like this:
[http://www.silvercreek.wclark.k12.in.us/StudentWork/StudentPages/KCarney/ugly_girl.jpeg]

------------------
I made a thread, that turned into the debate, so I made a second thread, that turned into a debate, then I made a third thread, that caught on fire, burned down, got flamed, crapped on, bashed, then turned into a debate...but the fourth one, the fourth one stayed on topic!

[This message has been edited by SAJN_Master (edited July 04, 2004).]
Think while it's still legal.
2004-07-04, 5:52 PM #57
omg, sajn actually made me laugh

*looks for signs of the apocolypse*

------------------
*landfish 'splodes*
7 of 14
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2004-07-04, 5:57 PM #58
I'd like to add my post a little after reading Darkos. I second disliking the anorexic look, give me someone healthy looking. As for makeup, again, definitely agree. Less is more generally.

------------------
2004-07-04, 6:38 PM #59
[http://forums.massassi.net/html/redface.gif] I should read more carefully:
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by clan ruthervain:
So, post what attracts you simply in terms of looks, and lets see if there is actually something true to this trend.</font>

And now, some wise words from Sir Mix-A-Lot:
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I like big butts and I cannot lie
u other brotherz can't deny
when a girl walks in with a itty, bitty, waist
and a round thing in ur face u get sprung
want to pull up tough
cuz u noticed that butt was stuck
beef to the jeans shes wearing
im hooked and I can't stop staring
oh baby I wanna get wit cha
and take ur pictcha
my homeboys tryed 2 warn me
but that butt u got makes me so horny
ooooooo rumple smooth skin
u say u wanna get my benz
well use me use me cuz u ain't that average groupie
I seen her dancin
to hell with romancing</font>

[This message has been edited by DogSRoOL (edited July 04, 2004).]
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-07-04, 6:49 PM #60
I find beauty in flaws. It makes the girl more human.

------------------
Superstition brings bad luck.
-Raymond Smullyan, 5000B.C.
:master::master::master:
2004-07-04, 6:56 PM #61
Then you would find an axe murderer gorgeous. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
2004-07-04, 6:57 PM #62
big booties

------------------
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone.- Bill Cosby
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone.- Bill Cosby
2004-07-04, 8:00 PM #63
Sajn, I don't think that last girl would be so lucky.
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-07-04, 9:59 PM #64
Quote:
Two things I MUST have:
has to be a gamer

</font>

...and you've been moving on how long now??

Joking, joking [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]
The Last True Evil - consistent nobody in the Discussion Forum since 1998
2004-07-04, 11:04 PM #65
Quote:
nothing wrong with blondes!! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

</font>

They smell.

------------------
WAITER: Here’s your green salad, sir.
ANAKIN: What? You fool, I told you NO CROUTONS! Aaaaaaargh!
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-07-05, 12:33 AM #66
Quote:
And dammit dor, your standards are too high for me!!</font>

Well, theyre not so much rules, it helps if you think of them as.. guidelines.

And i never realized you were pursuing me anyways [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
[Blue Mink Bifocals !] [fsck -Rf /world/usr/] [<!-- kalimonster -->] [Capite Terram]
"If all those usefull inventions that are lyable to abuse, should therefore be concealed, there is not any Art or Science, which might be lawfully profest."
-John Wilkins, Mercury, or the Secret and Swift messenger, shewing how a man may with privacy and speed Communicate his thoughts to a Friend at any distance (London, 1641)
NPC.Interact::PressButton($'Submit');
Also, I can kill you with my brain.
2004-07-05, 3:00 AM #67
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Flexor:
They smell.

</font>

You smell.

(aah, feel the maturity!)

------------------
/end boob rant
<spe> maevie - proving dykes can't fly

<Dor> You're levelling up and gaining more polys!
2004-07-05, 4:05 AM #68
You smell more!

------------------
WAITER: Here’s your green salad, sir.
ANAKIN: What? You fool, I told you NO CROUTONS! Aaaaaaargh!
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-07-05, 4:18 AM #69
Because I make sarcastic comments (they won't be true either, just something that'll get quoted, the massassi way) and its funny because I just know some idiot is gonna say something furious about it just to try and get a rise out of me.

and Spork.... why the hell would you wanna do that? you can sleep in whilst they put their makeup on AND make breakfast. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
2004-07-05, 4:22 AM #70
This thread is lame... looks aren't important to me really as long as she looks about average and is nice thats okay for mesa.

------------------
They call him El Diablo... *whip crack*
They call him El Diablo... *whip crack*
2004-07-05, 4:32 AM #71
looks in my opinion are irrelevant. sure, i do consider what someone looks like, but in the long run, none of us will be physically "attractive." i prefer women who are laid back and down to earth, with some splash of creativity of some sort... looks come in somewhere after all of those. i'd rather have someone who is fun to be around then some high-maintainance girl who takes the fun out of being myself.

------------------
Current Maps | Inclusion | Restless Endeavor

There is a thin line between insanity and stupidity. I am that line.
Current Maps | Newest Map
2004-07-05, 5:12 AM #72
[http://www.n0by.de/2/a2z/aw/bu_ape1.jpg]

Perfect couple, yes?

------------------
Titan A.E.
Titan A.E.
2004-07-05, 5:43 AM #73
<3
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-07-05, 5:57 AM #74
Of course, it all depends on what kind of relationship you're looking for too.

If you just wanna have sex with someone for a few weeks, looks are imperative.

------------------
2004-07-05, 6:46 AM #75
...argh, I hate the people who pull the "LOOKS DON'T MATTER JUST PERSONALITY!" bit...

Ok, let's be honest, looks do matter. Are they the most important thing? No. Can they override a bad personality? Definitely not. But there has to be, at least initially, SOME level of physical attraction.

As self-righteous as we would like to be, I'm sure we ALL know some member of the opposite sex who is a very very nice person who is, personality wise, compatible with us, but that we would never be anything more than friends with because on a physical level they don't do anything for us.

And of course over time, as age begins to wage its war or even when a relationship begins to develop into something more serious, looks take on even less importance, but that need for some level of physical attraction is still there.

Personality is absolutely the most important factor, but drop the high-and-mighty "LOOKS DON'T MATTER!"

------------------
Dark, Darker, Darko

[This message has been edited by Darko (edited July 05, 2004).]
2004-07-05, 8:07 AM #76
Darko is 100% right.

Just want to comment that on first impressions, guys only care about looks. Then we factor other things in as time goes on.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Kieran Horn (edited July 05, 2004).]
2004-07-05, 8:51 AM #77
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Darko:
Personality is absolutely the most important factor, but drop the high-and-mighty "LOOKS DON'T MATTER!"</font>
Which is why I said:
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Now if someone's so ugly it hurts to look at them, you might have a problem.</font>
If I'm actually repulsed by someone's looks, then yes, it matters. But from an average level of beauty and up, I don't really care.
The woman I mentioned earlier was not attractive to me until I learned more about her. *Then* physical appearance became slightly more of a factor.
Admitedly, this is the only time a crush has occured in this fashion. I didn't even recognize it as a crush for weeks, because it was so unusual for it to work that way.

------------------
For a healty meal, eat mashed potatoes, peas, and catloaf.
Valuable Life Lesson: Frog + Potato Gun = Blindness
Catalog of Electronic Components - Complete IC data sheets
National Electrical Code® (NEC®) Online - Legal requirements for wiring projects.
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-07-05, 8:54 AM #78
Right, I forgot ALL men think exactly alike. I'm not being self-righteous, I'm serious.

------------------
I made a thread, that turned into the debate, so I made a second thread, that turned into a debate, then I made a third thread, that caught on fire, burned down, got flamed, crapped on, bashed, then turned into a debate...but the fourth one, the fourth one stayed on topic!
Think while it's still legal.
2004-07-05, 10:13 AM #79
Ok, so why aren't you dating one of your male friends? If looks and physical characteristics don't matter, then why not start a relationship with one of your male friends? I'm sure that you get along with them great and have lots in common. Why not?

...well, probably because you're not ATTRACTED to men; you're attracted to women. And whether you want to admit it or not, you have to be, at some level, physically attracted to a woman to have a successful relationship. Exactly how strong of a relationship do you think you'll have if every morning you turn over in bed, look at your significant other, and say "OH HOLY LORD, WHAT IS THAT THING?!"

and it's not just guys, women do it too. It's just one of those things that people don't want to admit, because for some reason we've fallen under the mindset that if we admit that the physical matters AT ALL then we are shallow and sex obsessed.

You're only shallow and sex obsessed if physical appearance is more important to you, or even as important, as character and personality.

And Dogsrule, yeah, of course someone can grow on you and then you start finding them more attractive...hell, that's the best way, even if you already find someone really really attractive, they should become more attractive to you as you find out things you like about their character. When I say you have to find someone attractive, I don't mean that they have to be the most attractive person you've ever seen or you have to like everything about their appearance. Maybe you just like their eyes or their smile or whatever, but there has to be SOME level of attraction.
------------------
Dark, Darker, Darko

[This message has been edited by Darko (edited July 05, 2004).]
2004-07-05, 12:08 PM #80
Saying looks don't matter on at least some level is like denying your part of the human race. We are BUILT to be physically attracted to other people. It's a basic instinct that drives reproduction. It may not be the most important thing, but it's still a factor, at the very least subconsciously.

------------------

↑ Up to the top!