Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → It's a beauitful day to be an athiest
It's a beauitful day to be an athiest
2007-04-11, 1:49 PM #81
This one time, I prayed to the Flying Spaghetti Monster to create a spaghetti tree, then the next day the BBC was all like "OMG SPAGHETTI TREES!" but it turned out to be fake so I was all like "screw you Flying Spaghetti Monster" and I stopped believing because it didn't exist but then I realized I can't actually say "screw you" to something that doesn't exist and actually mean it, so I still do believe but not as much I guess.
2007-04-11, 1:50 PM #82
There should be a special :godbothering: smiley.

(After the restoration of /_\ of course)
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2007-04-11, 1:59 PM #83
Originally posted by kyle90:
Wait, so am I right in thinking that the only reason people believe in God is that "you can't disprove his existence"? Because, while true, that's a pretty silly reason to believe in something, but it's the only argument I'm seeing.

Come on, you guys must have SOME reason to believe in God but not in other things that can't be disproven (such as magical invisible fairies or the flying spaghetti monster).

Many people have special connections and emotions they feel, I suppose. I'm not religious myself. I guess I'm an open minded athiest turned agnostic, if anything. I just don't find the "lol god's fake" arguement has any merit whatsoever. Can't tell you why some people believe.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-04-11, 2:00 PM #84
Originally posted by Baconfish:
This angry sentence voids the rest of your post, Mr. Angry Athiest.

And the way he worded it just about proves my point. :P

It doesn't void anything. You blamed the atheist even though both sides are to blame. That makes you MISTER Blame the Atheist. You can call me Mr. Place Blame Equally With Both Sides if you want. I am not angry, though.

The way he worded it was the way he believed. Did you want him to change his beliefs so you wouldn't be offended? Bah, anyway, my point was, stop blaming and start discussing.
Warhead[97]
2007-04-11, 2:04 PM #85
Originally posted by Glyde Bane:
I was too young to remember what I was told when I was baptized because I was baptized as a two year old.

Wait, what? I was just pointing out that faith is explained to children somewhere along the line. They don't just magically have it.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2007-04-11, 2:17 PM #86
Originally posted by FastGamerr:
There should be a special :godbothering: smiley.

....right after we get a special :notgodbothering: smiley.

As much as I hate it when people go all Jesus Camp on us, I hate it even more when the atheists get their :downswords: on.
2007-04-11, 2:27 PM #87
Originally posted by BobTheMasher:
It doesn't void anything. You blamed the atheist even though both sides are to blame. That makes you MISTER Blame the Atheist. You can call me Mr. Place Blame Equally With Both Sides if you want. I am not angry, though.

The way he worded it was the way he believed. Did you want him to change his beliefs so you wouldn't be offended? Bah, anyway, my point was, stop blaming and start discussing.

I'm not offended by anything. :P

And if you look, its the athiest folks that tend to start it. :P
nope.
2007-04-11, 2:34 PM #88
This is all of us.
Attachment: 15993/BrickWall.jpg (59,008 bytes)
Warhead[97]
2007-04-11, 2:41 PM #89
I just don't find the "lol god's fake" arguement has any merit whatsoever.

That's because it's not an argument...
2007-04-11, 2:42 PM #90
Then don't treat it like one.

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-04-11, 2:45 PM #91
I didn't. :confused:
2007-04-11, 2:52 PM #92
Not you in particular, but everyone against any sort of religion seems to think it is.

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-04-11, 4:00 PM #93
look, if a god exists the ability for humans to prove/disprove its existence is absolutely irrelevant. if a god exists then it exists whether humans are capable of comprehending it or not. the whole cant prove/disprove argument is totally useless and pointless in arguing for or against the existence of god.

as i have said faith and or belief in god boils down to simply the personal choice of the individual.
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2007-04-11, 5:16 PM #94
This is all of us.

We are .jpg files? :saddowns:
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2007-04-11, 5:55 PM #95
Or brick walls?
Or bricks in the wall?
nope.
2007-04-11, 6:14 PM #96
Uhm....all of the above! Sure, why not?
Warhead[97]
2007-04-11, 7:41 PM #97
I'm banging my head against all of you right now.
Wikissassi sucks.
2007-04-11, 7:48 PM #98
[http://www.pvponline.com/images/3066.gif]
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2007-04-13, 6:21 AM #99
[http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l262/pixebunny/raptor.jpg]
幻術
2007-04-13, 6:41 AM #100
I remember not so long ago when I was the eeriely lone voice of atheism. Now a whole truckload of you are considerably more atheist, but not the slightest bit more reasoned or rational.

I'm awfully tempted to convert to fundementalist Islam or something. Though Islam is severely lacking in egg-related festivals.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2007-04-13, 9:27 AM #101
100 Posts. lol
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2007-04-13, 9:38 AM #102
Originally posted by Mort-Hog:
I remember not so long ago when I was the eeriely lone voice of atheism. Now a whole truckload of you are considerably more atheist, but not the slightest bit more reasoned or rational.

:awesome:
2007-04-13, 9:44 AM #103
Thanks for using another awesome example around the same lines as mine. Yours also can be disproven by physical evidence. Faith cannot.

You just sidestepped an amazing question that all religious people should have to face up to.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-04-13, 9:53 AM #104

I'm awfully tempted to convert to fundementalist Islam or something. Though Islam is severely lacking in egg-related festivals.

You are actually a sizeable part of why I am now atheist.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2007-04-13, 9:55 AM #105
That post reminds me of Tenshu.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2007-04-13, 1:12 PM #106

Sorry I don't OMG meet your intelligence standards. But yeah, I have my own reasons.
2007-04-13, 1:52 PM #107
Originally posted by Freelancer:
You are actually a sizeable part of why I am now atheist.

Oh wow. That actually touched me in a place I didn't even know I had a place. :-)
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2007-04-13, 2:59 PM #108
Back when the religious forum was around, I do remember these discussions had a very different slant most of the time. Strange.
Warhead[97]
2007-04-13, 3:02 PM #109
Back when the religious forum was around, I do remember these discussions had a very different slant most of the time. Strange.

That's because mouthbreathers like The Lord Is Judge and Joren Darkstar googled for "religious discussion", found Massassi, and then infested the place with their horrible stupid.

As soon as the forum became intolerant to their "religious" "discussion" they left. Not a huge coincidence there.
2007-04-13, 3:06 PM #110
Haha, I had forgotten all about The Lord is Judge!
Warhead[97]

↑ Up to the top!