Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Jedi Knight Source Release Petition
Jedi Knight Source Release Petition
2007-04-19, 8:49 AM #121
Originally posted by Dark__Knight:
Recently I unignored Rob, and now I remember why I did it in the first place. People who get their kicks from trying to come up with insults on forums do not hurt my or anyone else's feelings, they simply piss me off because of how pathetic and lame they are. Rob, no one gives a rat's *** what people like you say to them on the forums, however, what they do care about is how ****ing ignorant you can be, and how your posts seem to do nothing other than waste space.

Honestly, you don't know me, and I've already made assumptions about you, but I choose not to fight back, because it would only be submitting myself to hypocrisy.

Furthermore, whether or not I watch, or previously watched Dragonball Z, I do not see how that is relative to anything, and the fact that you hold on to that to use as your crutch in one of your little flame wars, only shows how weak your argumentative skills actually are.

Finally, I never tried to 'create a community' so that part of your post was also irrelevant.

[Edit] And since when did using gay and retarded in a derogatory manner become accepted on these boards? Last I recall it was against forum policy.

I'm fairly sure that personal attacks are against forum policy too. :P Oh well.

And I'm sorry but I can't restrain myself from pointing out that you tried to get CD keys off of people the other night in #massassi. :P
nope.
2007-04-19, 9:43 AM #122
Originally posted by Glyde Bane:
Because Gears is a bugged out piece of lag?

Er, JK MP can't be considered better in terms of lag. Seriously.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2007-04-19, 9:56 AM #123
Originally posted by Baconfish:

And I'm sorry but I can't restrain myself from pointing out that you tried to get CD keys off of people the other night in #massassi. :P

Let me state for the record, as I'm tired of seeing this come up repeatedly, that I did *NOT* ask anyone for CD Keys within #massassi. I asked if anyone owned the game Diablo II who didn't play it anymore. After I got some responses, I PMed two people and asked them if they wouldn't mind letting me borrow one of their keys. I own the game, and it was not for me, it was for my brother, who was too lazy to come in and do it himself.

If getting asked for a key to a game that you did not play anymore went against anything and everything that you stand for then you could have simply ignored me, but that is why I chose not to ask for it within the actual channel, because I knew how stupid that would be to do.
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2007-04-19, 9:57 AM #124
So you asked an op? :P
nope.
2007-04-19, 10:01 AM #125
It doesn't make a difference, if I asked an op of #massassi, but pmed him from #jkhub or #hugsandkisses, where he wasn't an op, how could that result in a ban for a channel that had nothing to do with out conversation?
Author of the JK levels:

2007-04-19, 10:03 AM #126
It's actually against the rules of the server.
nope.
2007-04-19, 10:07 AM #127
Well, I was banned, and it's over now, so there's really no need to keep talking about it.

Originally posted by Baconfish:

And that is like saying smoking pot in the United States is a crime that is under control. There is just too much of it out there to really stop it. There are personal attacks in almost every damn thread on this forum, and unless they are really outrageous, none of them are dealt with. So yeah you're right, "Oh well" indeed.
Author of the JK levels:

2007-04-19, 10:08 AM #128
Yeah, but its sort of diffused your oter argument. :P
nope.
2007-04-19, 10:11 AM #129
you're lucky you got unbanned, because I actually forgot I did it.

also, FYI, the friends you sent in to #massassi to whine about the ban were ponces.
2007-04-19, 10:18 AM #130
Originally posted by Jon`C:
you're lucky you got unbanned, because I actually forgot I did it.

also, FYI, the friends you sent in to #massassi to whine about the ban were ponces.

A) I don't even know if I really am unbanned. I forgot about it as well when I logged in from work today, and that was from work which was on another IP.

B) It was friend(not plural). I did not send any friends in, I told my one friend about what happened and he went in to #massassi on his own, and told me that he was banned by you for doing nothing. However, if he really did whine to you about something that wasn't his problem then he probably deserved it.
Author of the JK levels:

2007-04-19, 11:14 AM #131
Here comes the waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaambulance!
>>untie shoes
2007-04-19, 1:38 PM #132
Gears of War, despite it's glitches, still manages to be one hell of a good time. The new Annex gametype is superb.
Wikissassi sucks.
2007-04-19, 3:10 PM #133
Originally posted by Echoman:
Er, JK MP can't be considered better in terms of lag. Seriously.

But JK is so fast you don't even notice, and the lag doesn't take away from the gameplay.

Host advantage in Gears is just plain ugh. Shot gunning out your *** while roadie-running is pretty gameplay take-away-ing.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-04-19, 3:15 PM #134
But JK is so fast you don't even notice, and the lag doesn't take away from the gameplay.

You're right, having to aim where you THINK the enemy MIGHT BE instead of WHERE YOU SEE THEM certainly doesn't detract from the gameplay at all. And lightsaber fights are so exhilirating, hoping your enemy accidentally wanders into the empty space you're attacking before you accidentally walk into their lightsaber.

EDIT: Basically what I'm saying is that multiplayer JK is like playing Battleship.
2007-04-19, 3:25 PM #135
Then you haven't played since you upgraded from 56k. It's hardly laggy enough for that whenever I play now.

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-04-19, 9:03 PM #136
I call BS on that.
2007-04-20, 4:49 AM #137
Then play with us in JKHUB. It's not laggy at all.

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-04-20, 5:22 AM #138
There is still lag even when playing with cable. I've tried. Completely tracking a person with force speed has always been near impossible. It's never smooth. When it comes down to it, JK's netcode sucks. I really can't see how, overall, JK is any less laggy than Gears of War over the internet. Especially with more than 2 players.

Seriously...
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2007-04-20, 6:54 AM #139
it is true but thats pretty much the only lag i experiance is with force speed :rolleyes:

wait let me correct that, if someone has a really ****ty connection and they are hosting then its all over
(JKLE_Cougar) from JK MP Community
discord.me/jediknightdarkforces2
2007-04-20, 12:35 PM #140
Rob is such a homo.
2007-04-20, 12:49 PM #141
Originally posted by Andrew L:
it is true but thats pretty much the only lag i experiance is with force speed :rolleyes:

wait let me correct that, if someone has a really ****ty connection and they are hosting then its all over

Your connection in JK is only as fast as the slowest connection anyways.

It doesn't matter if the host ROCKS. If someone joins and they SUCK the whole game will suck.
2007-04-20, 12:58 PM #142
Now JK should be pretty good since most people have broadband right?
"The only crime I'm guilty of is love [of china]"
- Ruthven
me clan me mod
2007-04-20, 1:01 PM #143
Too bad JK's netcode still has down syndrome.
2007-04-20, 1:12 PM #144
Originally posted by Rob:

Yeah. Even with RIT's internet connection (which trumps all of yours) the best pings I've seen are no less than 100.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2007-04-20, 1:14 PM #145
Even when you play other people on the same internet connection as you?
2007-04-20, 1:34 PM #146
Never mind that, over a LAN it's no better than 50 ms. With more than a few people it goes over 100. On a LAN.
2007-04-20, 1:35 PM #147
Originally posted by Rob:

And the hideous host advantage bugs which makes it a horribly uneven playing field doesn't constitute the downs comment for Gears. Oh no, of course not.

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-04-20, 2:34 PM #148
Originally posted by Emon:
Never mind that, over a LAN it's no better than 50 ms. With more than a few people it goes over 100. On a LAN.

I've played JK at a 6 person LAN and I've had a 100 megabit connection get saturated with traffic. It is a CLUSTER**** unless you have a VERY nice switch sitting between all of the computers.
2007-04-20, 2:48 PM #149
And the hideous host advantage bugs which makes it a horribly uneven playing field doesn't constitute the downs comment for Gears. Oh no, of course not.

That STILL doesn't mean that JK has good netplay. :downswords:
2007-04-20, 2:59 PM #150
Quote:
Shot gunning out your *** while roadie-running is pretty gameplay take-away-ing.
A) The host can't do that glitch. B) Durr, most people kick glitchers anyway. C) They probably fixed it.

And, here's a smasher for you, from a guy who has logged hundreds of hours hosting gears of war matches : The host's weapons do not do more damage. The only advantage the host has is that he doesn't have to lead players as far. That's it. And, in really intense fire fights, especially of the kind predominant in the new Annex game type, the host has a tendency to drop frames, giving the host a distinct DISadvantage. These myths that the host's shotgun deals more damage are just that : MYTHS. Come on. Do you really think they'd make it stronger? No, it's a myth perpetuated by crappy players who want an excuse for why they just got their *** handed to them. I play at a much higher level then you, and I host, and I regurally get slaughtered by the shotgun, despite my 'host advantage'. It's a load of bovine excrement.
Wikissassi sucks.
2007-04-20, 9:05 PM #151
Originally posted by Isuwen:
A) The host can't do that glitch. B) Durr, most people kick glitchers anyway. C) They probably fixed it.

I never thought that host advantage was a glitch. Last time I played (last weekend) it was still going on.

Also, I've never, EVER heard of the host shotgun doing more damage, just not being delayed. Where the heck did you get that from?

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-04-20, 9:23 PM #152
I don't know about Gears of War, but host's advantage was very noticeable in all the Rainbow Six and Rogue Spear games (perhaps not RS3 or newer). If bullets hit on the host's screen, it didn't matter where the other player actually was.
2007-04-21, 4:48 AM #153
Yeah, it's like that in every FPS ever made.

Quote:
I never thought that host advantage was a glitch. Last time I played (last weekend) it was still going on.

Also, I've never, EVER heard of the host shotgun doing more damage, just not being delayed. Where the heck did you get that from?

I was talking about the shotgunning out your *** while running thing. And, I hear crap about the host shotty all the time. It's become a sort of mantra in between rounds every time my team slaughters them with shotguns. "host shotty! Host shotty! Host shotty!" I always host, because I have the best connection, but we always tell them someone else is the host, just so they'll shut up. The rumor of it actually doing more damage is all over the intronets. Usually it's believed by the same people who say 'LOL lancer sucks' then get pwned by it.
Wikissassi sucks.
2007-04-21, 5:33 AM #154
Because Gears is a bugged out piece of lag?

But when you play it with your mates once a week it's bloody hilarious. I get to shoot my boss in the face!

:neckbeard:
2007-04-22, 6:23 PM #155
I'm doing something constructive with my free time. I spent a long time 'getting to know' JK and I know what's doable and what's not. I don't want to have to go back to the bottom rung of the ladder and learn wtf someone else's entity properties could be, or find out how the **** to intercept the fire button! I spent two weeks looking at the JO source/MPSDK when it came out and it was a discombobulated mess to me. YARG!

So I went back to what I knew best. I've got three things I'm working on atm, and do any of them have the chance of seeing the light of day? Probably only the MP drivable vehicle cogs for people to slap in a level or two. (And yes, they sync! As well as a player does! *hands JK a cookie for doing the best it can*)

So yea, I'm the lazy-lookin-for-a-quick-sense-of-satisfaction JK coder. :p Aside from ZeqMacaw doing the JK.exe 're-coding' and Extension dll, I believe I'm the only one halfway associated with this place that's currently doing anything with the code and bones of JK. *signed for what it's worth*
-Hell Raiser

↑ Up to the top!