Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → What knife do you carry?
What knife do you carry?
2007-04-16, 4:00 PM #1
Based on the pocket thread, a bunch of you carry knives. Those of you that do, what brand and model?

Daily, for me, is a 3" Spyderco Calypso 3 serrated.
2007-04-16, 4:22 PM #2
None.

It's illegal to do so.
nope.
2007-04-16, 4:23 PM #3
I don't carry one. :hist101:
2007-04-16, 4:24 PM #4
Me neither.

:hist101:
2007-04-16, 4:25 PM #5
It's a Buck, but I don't know what model. I'll post a picture of it later. I can't be arsed to round up some batteries for my digital camera.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2007-04-16, 4:34 PM #6
I don't carry concealed weapons because the police generally frown upon this behaviour.
2007-04-16, 4:37 PM #7
plastic
(JKLE_Cougar) from JK MP Community
discord.me/jediknightdarkforces2
2007-04-16, 5:02 PM #8
usually i just carry a Leatherman around
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2007-04-16, 5:04 PM #9
Gunblade.

Gun
2007-04-16, 5:05 PM #10
Originally posted by Mr. Stafford:
I don't carry concealed weapons because the police generally frown upon this behaviour.

How do you guys open packages/etc..carry scissors? :confused:

I carry a buck folder and a mini-Leatherman on my keychain.
woot!
2007-04-16, 5:08 PM #11
I just have a little swiss army knife on my keyring.
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2007-04-16, 5:10 PM #12
Originally posted by genk:
usually i just carry a Leatherman around

I do as well. Two of them. Handy little buggers, they are.
Stuff
2007-04-16, 5:10 PM #13
Delta 5 Combat series
pic
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2007-04-16, 5:11 PM #14
CRKT P.E.C.K in my wallet
(close to actual size)
Attachment: 16023/peckb.jpg (30,005 bytes)
"Well, if I am not drunk, I am mad, but I trust I can behave like a gentleman in either
condition."... G. K. Chesterton

“questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself”
2007-04-16, 5:16 PM #15
Originally posted by JLee:
How do you guys open packages/etc..carry scissors?

Usually with my keys.

Generally I don't like carrying knives with me because if a copper caught me with one my arse would be in the station getting asked things I wouldn't want to answer.
2007-04-16, 5:25 PM #16
Originally posted by Jon`C:
Gunblade.

Gun

Do you actually carry or was that just a witty comment? If so, what do you carry?

I carry some cheap pocket knives. I haven't had a really top of the line knife for a long time. I think I'll probably buy a pistol soon though, and just carry a multi-tool around.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2007-04-16, 5:25 PM #17
The only reason not to would be if you get felt up by the police on a daily basis. Is that common for you?
<Rob> This is internet.
<Rob> Nothing costs money if I don't want it to.
2007-04-16, 5:32 PM #18
Do you people actually go to jail for carrying knives?
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2007-04-16, 5:42 PM #19
In America no cop is ever going to even think twice about citizens carrying knives. The fact that they do in Britain is really scary. Here's mine:
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2007-04-16, 5:45 PM #20
[http://www.pdmalloch.com/pictures/buckknife.jpg]

I have the exact same one. I'm no hunter, but it sure is a beatiful weapon to have, especially roughing it in Canada.
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2007-04-16, 5:55 PM #21
Originally posted by Spook:
Do you actually carry or was that just a witty comment? If so, what do you carry?
It's a witty comment because it's illegal in Canada and that's the story I'm sticking with
2007-04-16, 6:04 PM #22

You serious? That's sad.
2007-04-16, 6:06 PM #23
Originally posted by Jon`C:
it's legal in Canada as long as you don't get caught

Fix'd :neckbeard:
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2007-04-16, 6:08 PM #24
srsly?

if this were in my pocket i'd fear retribution.

[http://www.hayesandassociates.co.nz/Knives/Meula%20Bowie%201.jpg]

THIS IS A KNIFE.
2007-04-16, 6:15 PM #25
Either the Kershaw 1550:
[http://www.selfdefensesupply.com/catalog/images/ker1550st.jpg]

Or the Benchmade 610:
[http://www.arizonacustomknives.com/images/knives/3818-1.jpg]

Both are assisted-open and ambidextrous (important for a lefty like me). I typically carry the Kershaw because it's about $70 cheaper than the Benchmade. I carry the Benchmade on long or outdoor trips, but I carry the Kershaw more fequently because I am much more willing to have it get scracthed, chipped, or lost during normal day-to-day activity.
2007-04-16, 6:18 PM #26
[http://www.twoevilmonks.org/firefly/ffimages/season1/108/ff108014.jpg]
mmmm
tasty
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2007-04-16, 6:25 PM #27
This without the serrated bit. Very handy on boats.

o.0
2007-04-16, 6:31 PM #28
Usually with my keys.

Generally I don't like carrying knives with me because if a copper caught me with one my arse would be in the station getting asked things I wouldn't want to answer.

Jeez...wouldn't want to live there...last guy I searched had a folder on him - no big deal...they get them back as soon as they're cut loose..
woot!
2007-04-16, 6:34 PM #29
It's perfectly legal to carry knives most places in the US. Switch blades that come straight out are illegal, however. I carry some cheap flip. I've got a switch blade, but I don't carry it.
Wikissassi sucks.
2007-04-16, 6:42 PM #30
I keep my leatherman Wave on my belt almost all the time.
On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."
2007-04-16, 6:46 PM #31
The standard Swiss Army knife.
Pissed Off?
2007-04-16, 6:48 PM #32
The amount of people with knives that don't appear to be designed as tools scares me.

o.0
2007-04-16, 6:54 PM #33
What, do you think everyone just goes aroudn witht he intention of knifing someone? More like a knife is really useful, and why not have a nice cool one if you're going to have one?
Warhead[97]
2007-04-16, 6:55 PM #34
Typically I just have a mini Swiss Army-style knife with my keys. If I'm going fishing or otherwise planning on needing a larger knife, I have the one on the right.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2007-04-16, 7:00 PM #35
If you're going to carry a knife with the intention of it being useful, maybe you shouldnt carry ones designed for stabbing? Leathermans, swiss army knives, and such make sense. A knife designed for a variety of uses, or in the case of a rigging knife, one very specific use. But a knife that flips out super fast and has a nice sharp pointy end? That doesn't make much sense at all. But I forgot, people need weapons to make them feel like big important men. :v:

o.0
2007-04-16, 7:05 PM #36
Originally posted by Greenboy:
If you're going to carry a knife with the intention of it being useful, maybe you shouldnt carry ones designed for stabbing? Leathermans, swiss army knives, and such make sense. A knife designed for a variety of uses, or in the case of a rigging knife, one very specific use. But a knife that flips out super fast and has a nice sharp pointy end? That doesn't make much sense at all. But I forgot, people need weapons to make them feel like big important men. :v:

Nice sharp pointy ends can come in handy, y'know. If not, we might as well carry butter knives around.. :psyduck:
woot!
2007-04-16, 7:07 PM #37
"Flipping out really fast" is convenient. "Pointy ends" are useful for any number of reasons, eg for stabbing a piece of meat over the campfire and bringing it up to your mouth. You don't need a fork in that case.

Most of the knives posted are sharp and have larger blades, which serve any number of uses outdoors. Leathermans are nice, but the blade on them kind of sucks.

Also, nobody here is claiming to need a knife to feel like a "big important man." That's like saying that people who don't carry knives are bleeding-heart pansies. It's fallacious and a dumb argument to make.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2007-04-16, 7:15 PM #38
I can open my knife with a quick flip of the wrist. There have been a million awkward positions where I've needed to cut something while holding something else, and was able to pull my knife out and cut it with one hand.
2007-04-16, 7:18 PM #39
I'm not saying sharp is bad, I keep my knife extremely sharp. But I still don't see any practical use for a stabby stab type knife. >.>

o.0
2007-04-16, 7:20 PM #40
Originally posted by Cool Matty:
You serious? That's sad.

Unfortunately it's necessary the amount of chavs who go round with knives is really high... and they don't have knives as tools, if it was legal to carry knives they all would and loads more people would get stabbed. The only restriction is knives in public places.

Though it is legal to carry a knife if you have a legitimate reason, for example if you're sitting by a lake fishing and have a knife no policeman would question you.
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW

↑ Up to the top!