Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → What knife do you carry?
What knife do you carry?
2007-04-17, 5:36 PM #81
[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v308/Echoness101/knife.jpg]

I carry it around with me just in case I get ambushed by FOAM BOARD. It's a #11 razor, just to let you know.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2007-04-17, 5:55 PM #82
Well I carry this knife.. and this sword.
(see below)

(ok, so I don't actually carry the sword)
Attachment: 16038/IMAGE_00040.jpg (99,163 bytes)
Attachment: 16039/swordIMAGE_00030.jpg (123,206 bytes)
Attachment: 16040/swordhiltIMAGE_00034.jpg (88,536 bytes)
Attachment: 16041/swordIMAGE_00033.jpg (89,040 bytes)
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2007-04-17, 7:01 PM #83
Update: I just bought a new Leatherman Wave and it's not bad. Feels bigger, but with the addition of having all the tools lock now, I can deal with that. I'm even thinking of getting the $20 bit kit for it now.
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
2007-04-17, 7:21 PM #84
I don't carry any knives, but I own a few.

Besides kitchen knives, I have an awful leatherman I won in Cub Scouts. It's more or less worthless as a knife, but the pliers are useful, and I use the can opener on it for everything. Also bottle opener. Useful, but I wouldn't carry it with me all the time, unless I was camping or something.

The other knife I have is mainly a corkscrew. I got it in Paris, and it's pretty nice. Also good for opening wine bottles.
:master::master::master:
2007-04-17, 7:29 PM #85
Originally posted by stat:
The other knife I have is mainly a corkscrew. I got it in Paris, and it's pretty nice. Also good for opening wine bottles.

Well I'll be a son of a *****. Color me amazed! :aaa:
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2007-04-17, 7:51 PM #86
Originally posted by gbk:

Thats the one I have, too. It is very nice. It has a clip so it won't annoy you in a pocket, and its very easy to unfold. Its light, and the serrated edge is great for cutting ropes, cords, and such. Of course Gerber is always a great brand, and the blade is made of really high quality stainless. But I left it out in my garage one night and came back a few days later to find that the handle was not made of quite that nice steel. It had little itty bitty spots of rust on the handle. I was sad. I rubbed it off with fine grain steel wool.

I purchased the knife because I had lost my other one and needed one for backpacking. And I was constantly finding myself in situations thinking, "Man I wish I had my knife this would be so much easier." Letter and package opener, wire cutter, pencil sharpener, flathead screwdriver, message-carver, safety tool, scissors-ish, and more all rolled into one nice blade. And yes, a knife, not a leatherman or a swiss army knife is very nice to have because they are much easier to use. And it takes forever to figure out which one is the knife blade with those swiss army knives...

I carry it as a tool. But I don't usually carry it on my. In my car. I only carry it on me if I'm hiking or something like that.
"You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!" Anyone who recognizes this quote is awsome.
2007-04-18, 8:13 AM #87
Gerber is junk. It's made of crappy, soft steel that will bend or crack easily. It also rusts like its going out of style and loses its edge quickly. They're cheap and they look cool, and thats about all they have going for them. For carry knives, stick with Kershaw, Spyderco, Buck, CRKT, Camillus, or Benchmade if you can afford it. Avoid Gerber, Case XX, SOG, any knife thats costs less than $20-25 (there is a reason it's cheap), and any company that should be making guns instead of knives.
2007-04-18, 11:02 AM #88
Camillus went out of business. :( They made my knife, and it seems to be made out of fairly high quality steel. I have yet to find any rust, and considering the amount of time I spend around salt water thats pretty unusual.

o.0
2007-04-18, 11:03 AM #89
Wolfgang Puck Special Edition

[http://dyn-images.hsn.com/is/image/HomeShoppingNetwork/197848?$pd300$]

Puck the rest

2007-04-18, 11:10 AM #90
oh don't make me go take photos of my chef's knife!
"It sounds like an epidemic."
"Look, I don't know what that means. But it happens all the time." - Penny Arcade
Last.fm
2007-04-18, 11:27 AM #91
Originally posted by Greenboy:
Camillus went out of business. :(

Yeah, that made me sad too.

I used to recommend Camillus all the time, but now I've switchd to Benchmade or Kershaw.
2007-04-18, 1:34 PM #92
Ah, I used to carry the Kershaw Leek, Brian. Very similar to the Chive. I liked the knife a lot, but this Calypso 3 is everything I want in a knife, so I switched.
2007-04-19, 7:22 AM #93
I usually carry either a Swiss Army knife (infinitely useful), a Remington folder about 3 inches closed 5-6 open, or a Benchmade model 32 Morpho butterfly knife.
2007-04-19, 9:09 PM #94
I wish I could justify the price of a Benchmade knife. They're so nice.
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
2007-04-19, 10:06 PM #95
Go to Bladeforums.com and go to the exchange section. If you go under Individual Production Knives, there are a ton of people selling. And there is always a good amount of Benchmades folders, and the occasional butterfly. I'm on the lookout for a Benchmade model 42 myself.
2007-04-19, 10:17 PM #96
I've got a Leatherman Kick, but its more for plier and screwdriver purposes than the knife.
VTEC just kicked in, yo!

↑ Up to the top!