Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Where is God?
Where is God?
2007-04-20, 1:45 PM #41
Originally posted by Glyde Bane:

Not all opinions are epistemologically equal.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2007-04-20, 3:06 PM #42
Quote:
Oh. Sure, a theory about God that doesn't involve searching the universe with a giant telescope.

If God is everywhere, it follows that we must look everywhere to find him. So, to the telescopes!

This is a preemptive attempt to stop another senseless debate attempting to apply the scientific method to faith. Haven't any of you learned anything? :hist101: :hist101: :hist101: :hist101: :hist101:
Wikissassi sucks.
2007-04-20, 3:35 PM #43
Originally posted by Vincent Valentine:
Where is God?

Check your six. That weasly son of a ***** could be anywhere.
2007-04-20, 3:51 PM #44
Wait are you guys saying that the chicken came first and not the egg?
Back again
2007-04-20, 4:07 PM #45
Originally posted by Glyde Bane:

http://thesaurus.reference.com/browse/opinion
2007-04-20, 4:24 PM #46
This reminds me of that Futurama Episode.
****ing fox bastards canceled it...
Thus proving that, due to the fact Fox still exists... There is no god!
2007-04-20, 4:36 PM #47
Some would say God gave us reason. (And argue for the existence of God)

Others would say that we can not trust reason. (and yet still argue for God)

And yet others deny that we can trust anything using our senses, and deny reason (and still, they too argue for God)

And even others adamantly deny God because it would be a most 'inconvinient truth' if he were actually real.
2007-04-20, 4:36 PM #48
Oh and if anyone thinks calling anyone gay is not against the rules anymore. Your wrong. Check the ban list.
2007-04-20, 4:42 PM #49
That was a good 7 day ban.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2007-04-20, 4:43 PM #50
Originally posted by Tiberium_Empire:
Oh and if anyone thinks calling anyone gay is not against the rules anymore. Your wrong. Check the ban list.

Thanks for that. Last I checked it always has been.

God is in the TV.
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2007-04-20, 5:53 PM #51
Another interesting idea.

If we define a sin as anything that causes suffering, then being gay is not a sin. However, telling your mother you are gay might be!
Wikissassi sucks.
2007-04-20, 5:56 PM #52
Was that some sort of joke? I just get that vibe from that post.
Also- You fail.
2007-04-20, 6:00 PM #53
Learn to think on a higher level, and you will find amusement everywhere.
Wikissassi sucks.
2007-04-20, 6:00 PM #54
Hello i'm drunk. iv'e drank 12 beers, half a nbottöe of vodka and soe whiekey, and i think god,. well god is my best freind!
:=)
:=)
:)
Last edited by mb; today at 10:55 AM.
2007-04-20, 6:10 PM #55
Drunken posting?
Time to get rid of the question mark is his title...
[And isuwens last post was strangely...thought prevoking]
2007-04-20, 6:51 PM #56
Originally posted by Isuwen:
God is right here. And right there. God is everywhere, and in all of us.

Was god in the holocaust?
Aquapark - Untitled JK Arena Level - Prism CTF
2007-04-20, 7:35 PM #57
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cover_your_***
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2007-04-20, 7:43 PM #58
Quote:
Was god in the holocaust?
Yes.

Though I don't see what point you are trying to make. Is your next step to call me an antisemite?
Wikissassi sucks.
2007-04-20, 8:18 PM #59
Drunken posting?

Bwahahaha.

I like how you try to minimod on people to make yourself look like less of an ***.
2007-04-20, 8:49 PM #60
Originally posted by Vincent Valentine:
Where is God? When was the last time he did anything?
I'm not really gonna get into this (mainly because I'm too lazy to read the last two pages) but I'll give you the short answer. (If I repeat anything that was already said, sorry.)

He does stuff all the time, but people either explain it away as something else or ignore it.

Just because something can be explained by science doesn't mean it wasn't orchastrated by God.

(For example if you've seen the new movie out The Reaping, there's that part where the girl gives a scientific explanation for the 10 plagues that fell upon Egypt just before the Israelites were freed from slavery. While the explanation may make sense scientifically, it's easy to see how God orchastrated the events to bring about the emancipation of the Jews.)

So instead of looking for things that can only be explained by divine intervention, look at the big picture and how several things can come together for a specific result that glorifies God.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2007-04-20, 9:28 PM #61
Originally posted by Sarn_Cadrill:
Just because something can be explained by science doesn't mean it wasn't orchastrated by God.

The problem is that you're introducing the unnecessary god entity. If science explains something reasonably well (say, the creation of the universe) then why bother throwing god into the equation?
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2007-04-20, 9:30 PM #62
What if God was one of us?
Just a slob like one of us
Just a stranger on the bus
Trying to make his way home
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2007-04-20, 11:05 PM #63
Drunken posting?

yeah, right. It's not like i started a thread about it or anything, this time. no GaMeRChIcK either :(
Last edited by mb; today at 10:55 AM.
2007-04-20, 11:07 PM #64
Singing to a baby!
I can hear the baby's roar!
2007-04-21, 1:07 AM #65
Here is a proof of God's existence:

God, as omnipotent, omniscient and omnibenevolent, is the greatest thing in the universe. In fact, a greater thing cannot possibly be imagined nor conceived. And since, as part of His greatness, includes the category of existence, existence is greater than non-existence. And since God, as the greatest possible thing imaginable and conceivable contains the category of existence, He must exhibit existence and opposed to non-existence, since He is the greatest of all things imaginable or conceivable. Thus, God exists.
:master::master::master:
2007-04-21, 1:23 AM #66
Ah, then by your argument, God doesn't exist.

"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing."

"But," says Man, "stat's argument is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It could not have been made by chance. It proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. QED."

"Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.

For the encore, stat will prove that black is white and go get run over at the next zebra crossing.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2007-04-21, 2:04 AM #67
"If fish could scream, the ocean would be loud as ****."
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2007-04-21, 2:21 AM #68
God almost certainly does not exist. To insist otherwise at this point in time is a clear sign of being deluded.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2007-04-21, 4:38 AM #69
To insist that those who believe in God at this point in time are deluded is a clear sign of being a bigot.
Wikissassi sucks.
2007-04-21, 6:49 AM #70
Read up on ontological arguments, guys.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2007-04-21, 9:05 AM #71
Originally posted by Mort-Hog:
Read up on ontological arguments, guys.

lol wut
:master::master::master:
2007-04-21, 10:10 AM #72
The ontological argument is bunk. You can actually use it to prove that god doesn't exist in addition to using it to prove that he does exist.
2007-04-21, 10:20 AM #73
The ontological argument is not bunk. It's the simplest way to think of god. The fact that it doesn't prove one way or another doesn't mean anything other than the fact that it's good philosophy.

Also, god is nonsense.
>>untie shoes
2007-04-21, 10:27 AM #74
Originally posted by Isuwen:
To insist that those who believe in God at this point in time are deluded is a clear sign of being a bigot.

That is ridiculous, to judge someone by their beliefs and actions is not bigotry, and to call someone deluded is not that intolerant.
2007-04-21, 10:49 AM #75
If there was a creator, could it logically (assuming that it's capable of logic) hold it against us that we don't believe in it, considering the fact that there isn't a single shred of evidence that supports its existence? Why would a creator bless us with the capacity for logical thought if what it really wanted was a child-like mind (e.g. faith)?
2007-04-21, 11:05 AM #76
This thread sucks. It started out funny but now it is stupid and terrible and you people made it that way. I hate you and you should hate yourselves too.
2007-04-21, 11:07 AM #77
Was my first post still part of the funny?
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2007-04-21, 11:21 AM #78
"Show us a sign and we'll believe."

"Even if someone came back from the dead, you still wouldn't believe."
2007-04-21, 11:33 AM #79
Originally posted by Axis:
"Show us a sign and we'll believe."

What I find utterly hilarious is how the religious twist this around to be a bad thing.

Congratulations. You just explained the thought processes of a rational person in a nutshell.

That's why papers have references. That's why you don't believe everything you hear from someone else. Etc.
2007-04-21, 11:39 AM #80
:psyduck:

↑ Up to the top!