Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Spiderman 3 - the official not SAJN review!
Spiderman 3 - the official not SAJN review!
2007-05-04, 12:05 AM #1
First of all, it was AWESOME. Best thing ever? I dunno, but it still was pretty freaking amazing.

My ONLY complaint was some of the costume choices (I think you know what I mean (///_-) )

Oh and BTW- Bruce Campbell is hilarious
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2007-05-04, 12:14 AM #2
What made it awesome? I've heard nothing but the complete opposite so far.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2007-05-04, 12:16 AM #3
Honestly, I sat there with my mouth open in awe during a ton of scenes.

Then theres the CG which was crazyness.
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2007-05-04, 12:51 AM #4
I will say this: It was amazing and ridiculous, well worth the price of admission... You'll burst out laughing at the inanity of it at times, and be impressed by some of the action in others. Overall it's good, I'd say. Not great, unless you're going in just expecting the ridiculous.
2007-05-04, 12:52 AM #5
I thought the CG was really, really fake. The other movies seemed more realistic...The acting was bad. It was still a fun movie though.
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2007-05-04, 1:51 AM #6
I must say, a lot of scenes in it were really lame the Mask dance sequence and him actually MAKING his hair emo . BUT, overall I found it to be a good movie. Also, Bruce Campbell, ftw.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2007-05-04, 2:02 AM #7
I just got back. I liked it. It was cheesy. There were some things I wish they had just used from the comics instead of making a Holleywood twist on some things. I thought the special effects were pretty awesome. They looked fake sometimes, but not enough to bother me. Me tired now, me sleep.
My blawgh.
2007-05-04, 2:25 AM #8
I saw it last night. It was good. Not great, but good.
There were some pretty cool sequences, and the Bruce Campbell bit was most humorous.
Definitely worth the price of admission.
"You want the truth?! You can't handle the truth!! No truth-handler you!! Bah!! I deride your truth-handling ability!!"
2007-05-04, 2:56 AM #9
It was bad. The special effects, the music, the acting, the lip syncing - it all sucked. The few cool scenes (like with Sandman first learning to... be sandy, and a couple of the action bits) are ruined by all the garbage around it. The dancing scene, the parts where Peter acts like a big emo queer idiot, and practically any scene with Kirstin Dunce ruin the movie.

Not to mention all the stuff that doesn't make sense.

PS: Tobey Maguire is ugly as ****.
2007-05-04, 2:59 AM #10
I enjoyed the movie, but I was very disappointed in how they chose to tell the story. Peter Parker, as the black spider-man, was supposed to slowly descend to the darkest depths of what the human spirit is capable, and then save himself in the end. In the film this translated into a dark comedy, and wasn't taken seriously at all.
Completely Overrated Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Comple...59732330769611
A community dedicated to discussing all things entertainment.
2007-05-04, 3:05 AM #11
Originally posted by Vincent Valentine:
It was bad. The special effects, the music, the acting, the lip syncing - it all sucked. The few cool scenes (like with Sandman first learning to... be sandy, and a couple of the action bits) are ruined by all the garbage around it. The dancing scene, the parts where Peter acts like a big emo queer idiot, and practically any scene with Kirstin Dunce ruin the movie.

Not to mention all the stuff that doesn't make sense.

PS: Tobey Maguire is ugly as ****.

If you didn't like the other two, why on earth did you bother loosing sleep and mo-lah to see it opening night?
My blawgh.
2007-05-04, 3:13 AM #12
Originally posted by Phantom-Seraph:
If you didn't like the other two, why on earth did you bother loosing sleep and mo-lah to see it opening night?

A) My friends were going

B) It's still an important movie
2007-05-04, 3:23 AM #13
okay, works for me.
My blawgh.
2007-05-04, 4:54 AM #14
Originally posted by Vincent Valentine:

B) It's still an important movie

Huh? I think anyone could go through their life without seeing the movie. I don't see how its of any importance at all. Its a movie.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2007-05-04, 5:08 AM #15
Ok, the only good I'm hearing is about the fights and graphics, and even then it's mixed. Overall, it sounds much worse than I could have dreamed. I won't be wasting money on this.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2007-05-04, 6:09 AM #16
You know what's great about Iraq? I saw this movie about a month before it was released in theatres ;)
If my smoking bothers you, don't breathe.
2007-05-04, 6:09 AM #17
Originally posted by Jep:
Huh? I think anyone could go through their life without seeing the movie. I don't see how its of any importance at all. Its a movie.

You imply no movies are important. Which, in the grand scheme of things, you are right about of course.
But the argument should be whether it is important as far as movies go.
It will obviously be seen by a lot of people, and people will want to discuss it etc.
So you could argue that it is important to see this movie so you can discuss it with your friends and such...
It's all relative anyway
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2007-05-04, 9:41 AM #18
Zigacktly. Fperfectly right
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2007-05-04, 1:09 PM #19
The movie was good, could have been great. The dance scene, the emo attitude, the whole fact that the sandman was in it, and the crappy ending to the final fight were some things that lowered the quality of the film. I've never read much of the comics, but stupid bells and pipes messing up the bad guy is a pretty lame way of ending a fight.

The whole idea of a sand-man is also pretty lame.

Peter Parker's dance scene was absolutely terrible, as was the whole long montage of him emo-walking down he sidewalk doing his lame dance.

That blond chick was way better than that redhead chick.

Bruce Campbell was a nice addition. I enjoyed his bit immensely. When I saw his name in the opening credits, I cheered.

Also, when will courageous friends, partners, and sidekicks learn that the best way of saving someone about to be killed is not to get in the way of the gun/knife/spear/jet board, but to jump into the person doing the killing? This way is much more effective in that not only does it harm the bad guy, but you WONT GET F***ING STABBED IN THE F***ING CHEST AND F***ING DIE.

Steven gives Spider-Man 3 a 7 out 10. It' worth seeing.
2007-05-04, 5:14 PM #20
Tell me of the Bruce Campbell cameo!
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2007-05-04, 6:04 PM #21
He plays some guy at this restaurant. I thought the movie was entertaining. If you don't like the music, there is actually somewhat of an explanation. Danny Elfman did not compose any music for the movie other than the main theme being reused. Like someone said in another track, the symbiote's theme sounds a lot like something that's in an X-Men movie. The one slow theme involving Marko and his daughter was alright though.

"Emo attitude?" I thought emos were defined as depressive people who are melodramatic about everything? Parker may have looked "emo," but he didn't act like one I think. Being cocky, ostentacious, and arrogant are not "emo traits" I thought.

Yeah the plot was kind of predictable at times though I guess you can't expect too much from a comic book movie. Personally I think Venom was badly developed. Sam Raimi originally didn't want to put Venom in the movie, but he gave in because of the fans. Like someone said in another thread, there is no mention of him being known as Venom at all. People who have never read the comics or watch any of the cartoons would never know that the creature was known as Venom. They really should have stuck with only two villains in my opinion.

I did not like the inconclusive ending. What happens to the Sandman? Even if Peter forgives him, the man is still a criminal. Furthermore, what's the fate of Peter and MJ's relationship? Do they have to rebuild it form the grounds up?
2007-05-04, 6:46 PM #22
I went to the midnight premiere, and even with the huge crowd of fanboys, the impression I got from everybody was that it was "alright." I thought it was OK too... probably my least favorite Spiderman. Some things impressed me (I love Sam Raimi's work), some things I thought were predictable and tired, but it worth the price of admission. Go for Bruce Campbell and the action scenes, stay for Dallas Bryce Howard (damn!).
"I'm afraid of OC'ing my video card. You never know when Ogre Calling can go terribly wrong."
2007-05-04, 8:48 PM #23
The emo scene, especially the hair thing was just priceless. The entire theater was laughing. Completely hilarious.
2007-05-04, 10:21 PM #24
For the most part, a garbage movie. A few amusing scenes (Bruce Campbell) but otherwise painful to watch.
2007-05-04, 10:23 PM #25
The theatre was howling at the emo scenes, but when the movie was actually GOOD they laughed as well.

God I hate my city.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-05-04, 10:37 PM #26
I hear Spiderman 3 on Wii is totally RAD AWESOME.
2007-05-04, 10:56 PM #27
Originally posted by Rob:
I hear Spiderman 3 on Wii is totally RAD AWESOME.

It's... Okay. The graphics are HORRID, even for Wii. I'd rather play it on another console or just play Spiderman 2 on the PS2. The combat on Wii is also pretty dang boring :\

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-05-04, 11:19 PM #28
Wasn't too bad. Dance and sidewalk scenes are absolutely terrible, but whatever, everyone knows that.

7/10
2007-05-04, 11:31 PM #29
Well, the writers obviously don't care for Harry.
2007-05-04, 11:56 PM #30
Originally posted by Primate:
Well, the writers obviously don't care for Harry.

I agree

Harry Potter is such a poorly written character.

Oh ****, wrong subject.
2007-05-05, 12:41 AM #31
Harry and Peter teaming up was something that I was hoping for.

Other than that, I felt like the storytelling was kind of even worse than normal. There were 9203849302 deus ex machinas, like the butler randomly and quite easily convincing Harry to forgive Peter . And it was very cheesy. And some things didn't make sense. Plot holes and bleh.

It was funny and it felt like it was trying to be a bit "darker" like Pirates 2 was, but the weirdness of it kind of cancelled it out.

The flashback scenes with Uncle Ben, especially the last one as Sandman tells his story were pretty well-done though.
一个大西瓜
2007-05-05, 12:59 AM #32
Off-topic, but in response to Pommy: I thought Pirates 1 was darker, 2 had a lot more silliness going on.
2007-05-05, 2:55 AM #33
When the "Yay, acting!" gives you no one but a villain to care about at the end of a movie, you know they did a spectacular job with the film.
omnia mea mecum porto
2007-05-05, 9:59 AM #34
Definitely worth seeing if you're a fan of the first two movies (if you're not why would you see it?), but too long and verging on boring in places. The crane scene and ending were pretty awesome if you like your general action fare.

Emo Spidey was just plain weird.

Bruce Campbell > You and I like JJ the newspaper editor too, he has a couple of very entertaining scenes.

6.5/10
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2007-05-05, 10:14 AM #35
What if you liked the first one but hated the second?
2007-05-05, 10:47 AM #36
Wait for DVD.
2007-05-05, 10:56 AM #37
Originally posted by Pommy:
There were 9203849302 deus ex machinas, like the butler randomly and quite easily convincing Harry to forgive Peter . And it was very cheesy. And some things didn't make sense. Plot holes and bleh.

Yeah what was up with that? Why would the butler wait that long to tell Harry? Then again I guess we can maybe assume that he has been trying to tell Harry, but Harry hasn't really listened until that point?
2007-05-05, 11:06 AM #38
Honestly, I didn't really like it and wish I hadn't spent the money to see it. I liked parts of the final battle and the Bruce Campbell scene...but other than that? Meh. Actually, the audience was my favorite part of the movie. When the movie faded out at scene after the funeral, everyone started clapping thinking it was over. When MJ came back on screen, everyone was like "Awww..." It was great. I couldn't stop laughing at that point.
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."
2007-05-05, 11:19 AM #39
Originally posted by quesadilla_red:
Honestly, I didn't really like it and wish I hadn't spent the money to see it. I liked parts of the final battle and the Bruce Campbell scene...but other than that? Meh. Actually, the audience was my favorite part of the movie. When the movie faded out at scene after the funeral, everyone started clapping thinking it was over. When MJ came back on screen, everyone was like "Awww..." It was great. I couldn't stop laughing at that point.

That exact same thing happened at my theatre...

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2007-05-05, 11:35 AM #40
That's what I thought - it would have been the perfect bookend to the first movie if they ended at the funeral - even with a reiteration of the last line of the first movie.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |

↑ Up to the top!