Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → ADMINS Read This
ADMINS Read This
2004-07-16, 5:48 PM #41
I nominate...

Janitor Bob.

------------------
"Look at me! I'm Tracer! BLAHBLAHBLAH!"

-MBeggar
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2004-07-16, 5:50 PM #42
If we seriously pick new Admins, I sincerly thing Flexor would make the best admin ever. No lie.

------------------
Haggis: "For God's sake, snap out of it man! That bottle is empty! It's been empty since the first day we got to this godforsaken place and you drank it all! You're losing touch with reality!"
Otter stares at Haggis, a suspicious expression on his face.
Otter: "You just want my whiskey! I'm on to you!"
Think while it's still legal.
2004-07-16, 5:55 PM #43
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by fourwood:
Isn't asking for the admin spot generally frowned upon?</font>

Yes. It's against the rules!
I AM TEH RULE NAZI!! U R ALL BANNED!!!

>.>
<.<

On a related note, I nominate this piece of pie as a new admin.

/slices a piece of pie and holds it up.

mmmm.... pie.

/drools
/eats the pie.

Oh sh*t!! I ate my nominee!
My very delicious nominee! Oh why?!?!?!

/cries.

Oh well.
/cuts another slice.
I hereby nominate this slice of pie as an admin.
mmmmmm..... pie...
/eats the pie.
GAH! DAMNIT!!!
I'm not worthy of pie!

/cries.

[This message has been edited by DogSRoOL (edited July 16, 2004).]
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-07-16, 6:12 PM #44
I think some of our admins are fine. I'll let you judge me, or else I'll say "OMG I RULZ".

If anybody, Jaiph or Sine should stay admin. They are both really good at what they do, in my opinion.

------------------
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"

2004-07-16, 6:20 PM #45
I agree, they are the best without a doubt.

------------------
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2004-07-16, 6:28 PM #46
eh... whatever.

------------------
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2004-07-16, 6:42 PM #47
Please don't de-admin me! I'll be good, really!

------------------
Truth is in the eye of the beholder.
Forum Rules
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
2004-07-16, 6:47 PM #48
I think you should make the mongoose an admin. Why? The mongoose always wins.

------------------
"This thread is still alive? Someone should kill it."
www.dailyvault.com. - As Featured in Guitar Hero II!
2004-07-16, 6:50 PM #49
Qwerty should be an Admin! he could even help Brian with the technical stuff.

<.< >.>

------------------
"No good can ever come from staying with normal people"
-Outlaw Star
"Some people play tennis. I erode the human soul"
-Tycho, Penny Arcade
"I'm a Cannabal-Vegitarian. I will BBQ an employee if there is no veggie option"
-DX:IW
A Knight's Tail
Exile: A Tale of Light in Dark
The Never Ending Story²[/i]

[This message has been edited by Noble Outlaw (edited July 16, 2004).]
A Knight's Tail
Exile: A Tale of Light in Dark
The Never Ending Story²
"I consume the life essence itself!... Preferably medium rare" - Mauldis

-----@%
2004-07-16, 6:53 PM #50
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Warlord:
Oh, and a suggestion: if new admins are chosen, I suggest that they're elected instead of appointed. That way we're sure to have admins that the majority of massassians like (not that any current admins are widely disliked, although some are complained about).

</font>

You made my day. Absolutely hilarious, and I thank you greatly. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
Ω of 14
New! Fun removed by Vinny :[
2004-07-16, 8:41 PM #51
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by oSiRiS:
Absolutely hilarious, and I thank you greatly. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

</font>

I can see why. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
Map-Review | My Portfolio | The Matrix: Unplugged

Banks and banks of humming machinery! I've never seen so many knobs. We're going to have to do something, Charlie! Try pushing that button there. No? How about that one? No, not that one either. I know! I'll try pushing this one. Hold my hat will you? Good fellow.
2004-07-16, 8:58 PM #52
And why the hell we aren't able to delete our posts anymore?

------------------
<landfish> FastGamerr > Satan
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2004-07-16, 9:01 PM #53
POWER TO THE PEOPLE!

------------------
WAITER: Here’s your green salad, sir.
ANAKIN: What? You fool, I told you NO CROUTONS! Aaaaaaargh!
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-07-16, 9:16 PM #54
I suggest we have a violent overthrow of the government here. Those are always fun. Then we can spend years trying to sort out all the s*** we made and get some form of backwards, twisted dictatorship

WHO'S WITH ME!?

------------------
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2004-07-16, 9:20 PM #55
Massassi should be a free democracy.

If we remain an admin-based dictatorship, Bush may come after us with 'operation: bomb the s*** out of the massassi server" once he's done with Iraq. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
I have found that you can transform your character solely by the power of belief: as you believe yourself to be, so you shall become over time.
2004-07-16, 10:01 PM #56
I think we should jsut keep obeying Brian's every word like we always have.

------------------
WOOSH|-----@%
Warhead[97]
2004-07-16, 10:24 PM #57
I agree that Jaiph is without a doubt the best admin there is. But Sine and I have had such big arguments, and I've been banned by him on seperate occasions for selfish reasons.

That latest thing was when someone said "FAP FAP FAP FAP" in the chat. I said "Isn't that against the rules, I was banned for saying fap a few months ago, and it was just a typo..actually I was permabanned from the chat until I sorted it out with other admins" The chat ops couldn't belive I was banned for typo-ing fap. Also my perma-ban for being annoying a few years ago. I know it seems stupid to drag on these things, but it urks me to no end that I was permabanned because of a persons hate for me. Maybe I should have been banned for a while, but not that huge perma-ban..

We NEED all new forum admins. This isn't just about me. I've noticed other people have had problems getting things done.

The reason that I was perma-banned according to Sine is that "I made massassi and unenjoyable place" Well, Ubuu over the past years has made massassi unenjoyable, Myself and about 10 other massassians signed a letter saying that we belived this, and we had evidence in threads to back it up. But Ubuu is a favorite among admins, so we got some bull crap excuse about "There isn't enough evidence and it's all too old blah blah" If I can get perma banned for being annoying, because a few admins don't like me, I don't see why Ubuu wasn't banned AT ALL. We had about 10 freaking signatures of people that agreed. But the admins play favorites and they make sure he doesn't get banned.

The bottom line is, we need new admins. ALL new admins. Half of us are getting the royal treatment while the other half of us are getting screwed. and all you people on the top half are going to tell me to stop my immature speeches, and rants about the admins, but thats just because you have nothing to worry about, you are liked.

------------------
Haggis: "For God's sake, snap out of it man! That bottle is empty! It's been empty since the first day we got to this godforsaken place and you drank it all! You're losing touch with reality!"

[This message has been edited by SAJN_Master (edited July 17, 2004).]
2004-07-16, 10:25 PM #58
This thread is proof of something horrendously wrong with the intellect of almost everybody on this forum. Jesus.
2004-07-16, 10:30 PM #59
I personally think we need new members.
A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.

A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.

art
2004-07-16, 10:33 PM #60
I think all post counts, and register dates should be cleared. WE should get new admins, and new posts counts and everything once these new forums I've been hearing so much about arrives.

------------------
2004-07-16, 10:49 PM #61
Only thing I want in a new forum system is post counts, out. Forum messaging, in.

Well, one thing I wouldn't mind seeing (in the next forum system or even this one) is a site discussion forum for member interaction with forum, chat and site staff.

------------------
Cantina Cloud | BCF | The Massassian 1, 2 & 3 | Gonkmeg
Corrupting the kiddies since '97
2004-07-16, 11:03 PM #62
You really don't want to start complaining about the admins. I tried it once (and I had an actual legitimate reason; I was right) and it ended with a couple of them totally and completely flipping out on me, and nothing was fixed.

I'd just drop it, Sajn. Yeah, a small amount of the admins are particularly vindictive/useless, but this line of argument can only end in tears.

------------------
"Look at me! I'm Tracer! BLAHBLAHBLAH!"

-MBeggar
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2004-07-16, 11:11 PM #63
SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS!!!!!
2004-07-16, 11:19 PM #64
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jaiph:
Only thing I want in a new forum system is post counts, out.
</font>

That and also registration dates and some persistent problems are gone.

I can't think of a single bad admin right now. Maybe they'll come to me if I think really hard.

------------------
If you can read this, you need better glasses.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2004-07-17, 1:58 AM #65
Ooh yes, the whole no postcount idea sounds good [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
/fluffle
/fluffle
2004-07-17, 2:09 AM #66
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SAJN_Master:
We NEED all new forum admins.</font>

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sine Nomen:
I personally think we need new members.</font>

Thanks Sine, that got me laughing [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

And if there's to be any new admins, I think it should be the regulars in the music forum. Just because we're cool. And three of us are from Québec. Huh what? There's no secret plan for the French to overthrow the current *snipe*

------------------
When guitars are outlawed, only outlaws will have guitars.
2004-07-17, 2:26 AM #67
[serious comment]I can't help but agree with SAJN. Some admins are heavily biased towards some members. Aside, from that, they can be outright disrespectful when taking issues to them that they disagree with...[/serious comment]

REVOLUTION! Where's my pitchfork? I'll see a particular admin's head on it yet.
2004-07-17, 3:14 AM #68
I can't help but think this thread said "ADMINS READ" and then people said "hey let's say new admins as a joke" and now it's mutated into some thread about how we're moving to a new type of forum and getting new admins and how they're put into office. WTF?

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-07-17, 3:18 AM #69
I think we should just do away with admins entirely and let anybody ban anybody else.

------------------
Do you have stairs in your house?
Do you have stairs in your house?
2004-07-17, 3:21 AM #70
I nominate Ralph Nader.

------------------
To myself I surrender to the one I'll never please.
But I still try to run on.
You know I still try to run on. But it's all or none.

Eddie Vedder
former entrepreneur
2004-07-17, 4:49 AM #71
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Eversor:
I nominate Ralph Nader.

</font>

Pothead. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-07-17, 5:11 AM #72
This thread started with Brian trying to get severe with some staff...

Then the conversation turned into Furious Admin Bashers vs Cynical Staff and Posters Whom Do Not Care.... I hope it happens more often, its a fun read.

SAJN... I don't understand what you're talking about for a single moment when you rant about an underclass and a gold card membership class... doing creative things such as "taking notice of the forums" may cause disillusion within you as far as these matters go.

(On another note, if he is right, please give me the ability to edit Sebs posts.... just because... spe would be amused).

Apart from that.... I don't care what happens, I suggest you either do something or do nothing, toss a coin or something, its all good to me.

PS. Never consider me for admin, EVER EVER EVER.... if god wanted me to be responsible, he wouldn't have invented shunning.

------------------
Drugs & Stupidity, Tons of it.
2004-07-17, 5:16 AM #73
Brian knows Perl. He could easily remove post-counts from this forum. Why not?

It wasn't me. I haven't touched the control panel for months.
2004-07-17, 5:44 AM #74
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sine Nomen:
I personally think we need new members.</font>

I love you.

This wasn't me either. I hardly bother to go into the Forum CP since it is slow as hell, so if I have no reason to go there other than to ban someone, I won't go.

------------------

2004-07-17, 6:30 AM #75
VOTE RUTHVEN FOR ADMIN!!!

You KNOW it makes sense!
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2004-07-17, 6:59 AM #76
Brittassian Rising!! Oh yeah!!

*Hops on Ruthy's bandwagon*

[http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.
2004-07-17, 7:13 AM #77
Who wants a body massage?

------------------
free mp3 ~Jump - Young America

new album Between the Dim and the Dark available now
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2004-07-17, 7:40 AM #78
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Tracer:
You really don't want to start complaining about the admins. I tried it once (and I had an actual legitimate reason; I was right) and it ended with a couple of them totally and completely flipping out on me, and nothing was fixed.
</font>

I think you may have misinterpreted the outcome.

Unrelated note: why don't you guys leave and form your own community if you don't like your treatment here? It's not as if we're forcing you to take part in the discussion boards and chat .. you can still download files, etc, etc .. if the chat/forums are unpleasant for you, be smart and get out =P You have better things to do than sit here arguing with a bunch of preteens that think they're the center of the universe .. give yourself some credit.

------------------
Sigs are for n00bs.

[1337 FRNDS_Pommy | 3.14 of 14 | » And-GTx2]
Half-Life 2 Central - your definitive source for everything HL2!
一个大西瓜
2004-07-17, 8:40 AM #79
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pommy:
Unrelated note: why don't you guys leave and form your own community if you don't like your treatment here? It's not as if we're forcing you to take part in the discussion boards and chat .. you can still download files, etc, etc .. if the chat/forums are unpleasant for you, be smart and get out =P You have better things to do than sit here arguing with a bunch of preteens that think they're the center of the universe .. give yourself some credit.

</font>

Because that would be convenient towards everyone else, require a mature attitude, and they wouldn't get to have these wonderful arguements.

------------------
1 of 14 | 6-16 Never Forget. | Click.
1 of 14 | 6-16 Never Forget. | Click.
2004-07-17, 8:47 AM #80
Yeah. It's fun to watch the kiddies flip out over nothing.
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music

↑ Up to the top!