Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → ADMINS Read This
ADMINS Read This
2004-07-18, 3:50 AM #121
Ahhh, we all know that there's nothing better than a good ol' fashioned admin *****fight!

------------------
GhostOfYoda - General doer of stuff.
Massassi's Official Chatroom: irc.synirc.com #massassi
2004-07-18, 3:53 AM #122
who's complaining about what now?

------------------
Pissed off?
2004-07-18, 7:40 AM #123
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mavispoo:
seeing as we all believe Brian to be a reasonably intelligent, well-adjusted personage, why didn't he just put this in the admin forum? surely he wanted to see the peons argue..</font>
He likes to watch us b**** about stuff. Then people are going to start getting banned.

IT'S A DEVIOUS PLOT, I SAY!!!!

...or not.

...Stop looking at me like that!

/runs away.
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-07-18, 8:15 AM #124
I couldn't help but notice that Staff has been stripped of Administrative privilages after trying to lock this thread...

*bum bum BUM*
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-07-18, 8:42 AM #125
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mavispoo:
...seeing as we all believe Brian to be a reasonably intelligent, well-adjusted personage...</font>

Youd think so, wouldnt you? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
Dear lady, can you hear the wind blow, and did you know
Your stairway lies on the whispering wind.
:wq
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-07-18, 10:01 AM #126
This thread is really a trap... we're luring all the regulars to say why THEY should be admins, then banning them for asking for it!

Or maybe not... the other alternative is that no one ever visits the admin forum, and so Brian wanted to post it somewhere it could be seen.

------------------
GhostOfYoda - General doer of stuff.
Massassi's Official Chatroom: irc.synirc.com #massassi
2004-07-18, 10:40 AM #127
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ubuu:
I denominate Flexor, cause SAJN_Master chose him. Obviously he is going to choose a friend, so maybe he will have someone biased towards him.
</font>

Or maybe he just realises I'm one of not many people here who isn't a total jerk to him? I'm not really friends with SAJN moreso than anyone else here.

Not that I'm that interested in being an admin - I just wanted to make a point.

------------------
WAITER: Here’s your green salad, sir.
ANAKIN: What? You fool, I told you NO CROUTONS! Aaaaaaargh!
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-07-18, 10:54 AM #128
Yeah, being moderator is so much cooler anyway. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
Check out the following stories over at the Interactive Story Board:
The Never-ending Story Thread or visit the new webcomic version!
The Vision Cycle series
Featured Story: Scions of Light
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2004-07-18, 10:55 AM #129
It isn't just that he's nice to me, it's just that he is nice to EVERYONE.

------------------
Haggis: "For God's sake, snap out of it man! That bottle is empty! It's been empty since the first day we got to this godforsaken place and you drank it all! You're losing touch with reality!"
Otter stares at Haggis, a suspicious expression on his face.
Otter: "You just want my whiskey! I'm on to you!"
Think while it's still legal.
2004-07-18, 10:56 AM #130
awww, no-one asked...

well if you hung around in the forum of [http://www.geocities.com/fearmeforiamthethingfromyouranus/kill26.txt] you'd probably think it was DS seeing as he was playing with the CP thingy a fair bit. That and he hasn't said anything so far
2004-07-18, 11:28 AM #131
Admin are fine the way they are. There are seriously no other people who can make good judgments that arent admins. My only complaint are the recently hired admins suck.

People who deserve to be admins are the people that everyone loves to hate.

------------------
In Tribute to Adam Sliger. Rest in Peace

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-07-18, 11:31 AM #132
And maybe they hate them for a reason?

------------------
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-07-18, 11:34 AM #133
I can make perfectly good judgements. Does anyone on massassi dislike me? If someone does, then I probably didn't mean to get on your bad side.

But I don't want into an admin position, I don't think I have the time.

[edit] Sorry, forgot to mention I was replying to Ubuu's post [/edit]

------------------
Sam: "Sir we can't call it 'The Enterprise'"
Jack: "Why not!"

[This message has been edited by SG-fan (edited July 18, 2004).]
2004-07-18, 11:36 AM #134
I'm thinking there really are enough admins, unless I'm missing something, everything that needs administrating is administrated well.

------------------
free mp3 ~Jump - Young America

new album Between the Dim and the Dark available now

[This message has been edited by Schming (edited July 18, 2004).]
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2004-07-18, 11:38 AM #135
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ubuu:

People who deserve to be admins are the people that everyone loves to hate.

</font>

so I would be ideal for the job, like I stated earlier... [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
I have found that you can transform your character solely by the power of belief: as you believe yourself to be, so you shall become over time.

[This message has been edited by Pagewizard_YKS (edited July 18, 2004).]
2004-07-18, 11:39 AM #136
i dont care who is admin as long as I am above ALL the rules and can treat this place how I want.

ps, vote for me
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2004-07-18, 11:43 AM #137
I already did, but here's another vote [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
2004-07-18, 11:57 AM #138
How many admins are there anyway? Does massassi need more than one or two admins? But I like it the way it is [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]... I almost only visit the showcase forum haah [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
My levels
And the ultimative TinyCTF

pazarol a világ, én meg segitek neki
My levels
2004-07-18, 12:30 PM #139
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by fourwood:
Isn't asking for the admin spot generally frowned upon?</font>

When you're asked it twenty times a day I'm sure it is - I know it annoys the f**k out of me on my site...

------------------
Fire Pretty - Graz's Armoury - (That's my blog...)

The Soviet Bunker - (That's my forum...)

"Thou shalt not steal. (Because the government doesn't like competition!)"
A slightly more stripy Gee_4ce, and more than just Something British...

Visit the home of Corporal G on the Internets
2004-07-18, 12:36 PM #140
Just so I'm sure about this, we're wanting to change the admins because they are biased to certain people so that we can have new admins who will be biased to other people (hey, everyone has friends right? Who wouldn't want to help our your friend?). So, then wouldn't we have the same problem, just different people would be complaining that the admins are biased?
Life is beautiful.
2004-07-18, 12:51 PM #141
I think we just need to construct a forum-robot to do unbiased admin work.

------------------
What once was...
2004-07-18, 1:10 PM #142
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Tracer:
See, this is the problem. The attitude that anybody with a complaint is doing it for attention or to be annoying and couldn't possibly have a point.

Whenever there's an issue, the reactions of the admins ranges from 'not interested' to 'hostile and defensive'. The only one I've ever seen every try to resolve things is Jaiph...

</font>

Exactly. The Admins. do not take a lot of things serious when it needs to be. They either ignore it or hopelessly try to defend themselves when they know damn well that they are wrong. Hell, they are even ignoring us right now. The times they do enforce something, it's done so by picking favorites. You don't exactly see fair judgement coming from them often. And I'm not criticizing all of them, just most of em.

Let's see if we can actually get a mature post from a couple admins on the issue.

Osiris and buck have somewhat made helpful posts but that's it.

[This message has been edited by Morfildor (edited July 18, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by Morfildor (edited July 18, 2004).]
2004-07-18, 1:14 PM #143
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Rogue Leader:
Just so I'm sure about this, we're wanting to change the admins because they are biased to certain people so that we can have new admins who will be biased to other people (hey, everyone has friends right? Who wouldn't want to help our your friend?). So, then wouldn't we have the same problem, just different people would be complaining that the admins are biased?</font>

The idea is to get new admins who aren't biased towards certain people.

------------------
2004-07-18, 1:23 PM #144
Morfildor, you have this strange idea that just because you can't see the admins taking into account what everyone says, that they aren't doing so.

Not everything an admin does is visible. Posts have been deleted, threads moved, people banned before most people have any idea what's going on. Unless you have access to logs which show what actions have been performed by which admins, there is no way you can say who's doing their job and who's not. I know that for most of the stuff that I do, I don't bother posting some witty remark for the sake of appearing cool.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2004-07-18, 1:37 PM #145
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Flexor:
The idea is to get new admins who aren't biased towards certain people.

</font>

Not going to happen. The admins we have no are probably the best we will get. And when and if we get rid of admins lets get rid of the Moderators too, cause the fall in the same catergory.

------------------

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-07-18, 1:44 PM #146
I find it funny that people who have the most trouble with the admins are the ones who, in general, create a lot of trouble, or did at some point in the past.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-07-18, 2:02 PM #147
Ubuu just wants to keep the admins becasue he has so many freaking hookups. If he didn't have hook ups he'd be perma-banned now, and you admins know it. TEN SIGNATURES!?!?!? Give me a break. I was perma-banned becaue a few people found me ANNOYING, that's all. Now we have proof and 10 signatures against one person and he didn't even get a slap on the wrist? We need NEW admins.

------------------
Haggis: "For God's sake, snap out of it man! That bottle is empty! It's been empty since the first day we got to this godforsaken place and you drank it all! You're losing touch with reality!"
Otter stares at Haggis, a suspicious expression on his face.
Otter: "You just want my whiskey! I'm on to you!"

[This message has been edited by SAJN_Master (edited July 18, 2004).]
Think while it's still legal.
2004-07-18, 2:20 PM #148
Ubuu was put on probation because if I recall the threads linked to were mainly from back in February just weren't serious enough and current enough for severe action NOW. It highlighted to me the need for improved communications between admins and members though so that things like that can be dealt with at the time (like a forum for site discussion as I mentioned earlier) as we DO miss some posts and staff email links are sometimes iffy.

Also, whilst a petition is not going to be ignored I personally don't put that much weight on 10 signatures. Hell I'm sure you could find 10 people who don't like ME and would sign off on it. A Pagewizard petition could number in the 1000's. I'm not saying it means nothing, but it's taken with a grain of salt.

Ubuu knows he can and will be banned if the need arises.

------------------
Cantina Cloud | BCF | The Massassian 1, 2 & 3 | Gonkmeg
Corrupting the kiddies since '97
2004-07-18, 2:37 PM #149
Ooooooooooooooh Afternoon Delight

*sexes up Jaiph*

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-07-18, 2:38 PM #150
****DISCLAIMER**** As this is not a serious post, I am not officially requesting admin position. Therefore, I am not in violation of the rules, especially since this disclaimer establishes my intent.

I hate everyone equally. There would be no bias with me as admin. Only banning. Sweet, sweet banning.
2004-07-18, 2:44 PM #151
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">The idea is to get new admins who aren't biased towards certain people.
</font>

Problem with that is you'd have to find someone who had absolutely no friends here on Massassi and therefore couldn't possibly be biased to anyone. So all we'd have to do is find a few newbies to get here on Massassi and put them in the admin spot!

[This message has been edited by Rogue Leader (edited July 18, 2004).]
Life is beautiful.
2004-07-18, 2:49 PM #152
or Puglar, come on, does HE have any friends here?

------------------
<S51> Give a man a sandwich and you'll feed him for an hour, teach him to make a sandwich and he'll get pissed, hit you and tell you to make him another sandwich.
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2004-07-18, 3:21 PM #153
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Avenger:
I find it funny that people who have the most trouble with the admins are the ones who, in general, create a lot of trouble, or did at some point in the past.

</font>

Ironic, isn't it?

------------------
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"

2004-07-18, 3:39 PM #154
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Ironic, isn't it?</font>

No, it isn't ironic, because all the people requesting change haven't had trouble in the past. I haven't been banned. Flexor hasn't. Warlord hasn't.

But saying "ironic, isn't it" is just the kind of thing that I'm talking about. Instead of actually dealing with the issue, you just try to blow it off with a flippant remark and then act as though it's case closed. This is exactly how you *can't* handle things.

And thank you, Jaiph, for actually giving a mature response.

------------------
"Look at me! I'm Tracer! BLAHBLAHBLAH!"

-MBeggar
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2004-07-18, 3:45 PM #155
No, Decent admins would be people like me. Not necessarily me, because, well...I'm me. But people LIKE me. People who have been here for a long time and know pretty much everyone without being attached to anyone. If you could find level-headed people with those characteristics, I imagine you'd have a pretty good admin...but I don't see any major problems with most of the admins now. They seem to be pretty fair.

------------------
WOOSH|-----@%
Warhead[97]
2004-07-18, 4:33 PM #156
Quote:
No, it isn't ironic, because all the people requesting change haven't had trouble in the past. I haven't been banned. Flexor hasn't. Warlord hasn't. ...</font>

I was banned once, but you dont see me clamoring for new admins. Actually, Id shudder to think who Brian might choose as replacements for the current staff....Lord knows Ive got my enemies here, and that a few of those would more than likely make the list...

------------------
Dear lady, can you hear the wind blow, and did you know
Your stairway lies on the whispering wind.
:wq
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-07-18, 4:36 PM #157
Quote:
No, it isn't ironic, because all the people requesting change haven't had trouble in the past. I haven't been banned. Flexor hasn't. Warlord hasn't.

But saying "ironic, isn't it" is just the kind of thing that I'm talking about. Instead of actually dealing with the issue, you just try to blow it off with a flippant remark and then act as though it's case closed. This is exactly how you *can't* handle things.
</font>

First off, SAJN could be considered a person who is generally disliked and he's requested change. Pagewizard admits that people may not like him, but he's requseting to be an admin. Ubuu could be one person who could be considered generally disliked, and he isn't asking for change, and I love his quote "People who deserve to be admins are the peopel that everyone loves to hate". He's very true. *EDIT: Add GBK to the list*.

Secondly, how do you propose we do solve the issue. None of us can just go into the admin CP, and start deleting admins left and right and adding new ones. That is all up to Brian. I for one think that the admins we have are fine, and that we don't need change (we've been over this already).

Thirdly, you aren't jumping over Sine for saying "I think we need new members". You aren't jumping out over Avenger for originally pointing out that some of the people here have been in trouble. Why are you jumping over me? Oh, you still mad at me for closing your little thread and getting in an argument with you a while ago? I'm certainly over it (are you?).

Bottom line is, is that none of us here have any authority to start fixing the situation, except Brian. He is the one who decides who is an admin or not. The admins certainly can't say who will stay admin or not. I can't just go into the Forum CP right now and delete admins. Now, I'm not saying that we must depend on Brian all the tiem whenever (because that kind of "pressure" you might say, can drive people mad), it's just simply his decision to make.

------------------

[This message has been edited by mscbuck (edited July 18, 2004).]

2004-07-18, 4:38 PM #158
Ditto.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-07-18, 4:46 PM #159
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DeTRiTiC-iQ:
Not everything an admin does is visible. Posts have been deleted, threads moved, people banned before most people have any idea what's going on. Unless you have access to logs which show what actions have been performed by which admins, there is no way you can say who's doing their job and who's not.</font>
Why don't you make them public, then? I know I'd appreciate knowing who was banned and what threads were deleted, and why, and by whom. A topic on the discussion forum would suffice, with periodic updates. It'd make us appreciate the difficulty of your jobs that much more. Cough.
2004-07-18, 5:02 PM #160
hey brian dawg, holla at cha boi. I'm free for hirring, ya dig. I'd be the jiggiest ops or admin ever.

------------------
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone.- Bill Cosby
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone.- Bill Cosby

↑ Up to the top!