Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → ADMINS Read This
ADMINS Read This
2004-07-18, 5:06 PM #161
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Thirdly, you aren't jumping over Sine for saying "I think we need new members". You aren't jumping out over Avenger for originally pointing out that some of the people here have been in trouble. Why are you jumping over me? Oh, you still mad at me for closing your little thread and getting in an argument with you a while ago? I'm certainly over it (are you?).

</font>

You're missing the point entirely...I'm not saying that you're a bad admin and should be fired, I'm sayig that you need to deal with situations more maturely.

Avenger isn't an admin, so he can be a big old goof as much as he wants. Sine did make a joke of it, but he used discretion. I'm not a big Sine Nomen fan, but he just used a humourous anecdotal response to try to shut down an obviously stupid idea (we don't reall need new admins). You, however, tried to belittle the entire issue and brush off concerns without giving them any thought at all.

Massassi doesn't need new admins, but you've flipped into defense mode at the slightest criticism and failed to understand what the majority of us are talking about - stuff within the community needs to be dealt with fairly and objectively (some admins do a great job of this), and without malice.

------------------
"Look at me! I'm Tracer! BLAHBLAHBLAH!"

-MBeggar

[This message has been edited by Tracer (edited July 18, 2004).]
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2004-07-18, 5:06 PM #162
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Tracer:
No, it isn't ironic, because all the people requesting change haven't had trouble in the past. I haven't been banned. Flexor hasn't. Warlord hasn't.

But saying "ironic, isn't it" is just the kind of thing that I'm talking about. Instead of actually dealing with the issue, you just try to blow it off with a flippant remark and then act as though it's case closed. This is exactly how you *can't* handle things.

And thank you, Jaiph, for actually giving a mature response.

</font>

You sad sad little man..... Is all of this that big of a deal to you people? For God's sake this is an forum on the internet. Not only that, but this a Star Wars forum. Why don't you people devote the time you use to bash admins and complain to do some good? Write a book, pick up garbage on the side of a road, get a snack, watch TV. I doubt there is a bigger waste of time than getting pissed about getting "mistreated" on the internet, and harping about it. Just some advice.

------------------
"This thread is still alive? Someone should kill it."

[This message has been edited by Nubs (edited July 18, 2004).]
www.dailyvault.com. - As Featured in Guitar Hero II!
2004-07-18, 5:12 PM #163
For ****'s sake...I'm sad because I enjoy this community? Because I'm not feverishly working away on projects to benefit mankind?

It's summer, and I'm on vacation. Jesus Christ.

------------------

-MBeggar
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2004-07-18, 5:16 PM #164
Now if you enjoy this community, why are you posting on this thread the way you have?

------------------
2004-07-18, 5:17 PM #165

------------------

-MBeggar
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2004-07-18, 5:20 PM #166
I would think it to be a legitimate question.

------------------
2004-07-18, 5:21 PM #167
Whatever I was about to type right now, be it right or wrong, won't matter much will it? I know you don't care, you just want to disagree with me. So, I won't bother typing my response. However, I still want to know how Sine's response really was more "mature" than mine. But anyways, yeah, I won't bother.

------------------
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"

2004-07-18, 5:40 PM #168
I think you guys are getting to worked up about this. Massassi doesn't need new admins, it doesn't even need new members. What it needs is for everybody to stop complaining and arguing over something this pointless.

As a side note - Trace and Buck, you need to stop going at each other's throat. The fact that most people who want a change have had admin issues IS ironic. You can't really deny that.

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special Olympics.

------------------
"I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I pretend to be." -Janis Joplin
2004-07-18, 5:42 PM #169
Like I posted above, I don't care about it. I'm leaving it be.

------------------

2004-07-18, 5:58 PM #170
Um, Nubs, Tracer isn't bashing admins he's just seeking improved relations and discussion between members and admins.

------------------
Cantina Cloud | BCF | The Massassian 1, 2 & 3 | Gonkmeg
Corrupting the kiddies since '97
2004-07-18, 6:05 PM #171
A good part of the community want's new admins...so, why not go for it? If enough people are sick off all the 'bad' the admins do, why not rehire? Really, we won't know until we try it. If it doesn't work we can always go back. I don't see the bad it can do, if the new admins do what they should, don't play favorites, don't act power hungry, then we keep them, problem solved, NOONE complains, huurah! If we don't change admins just to try it people continue to complain..Obviously if people complain there IS some form of a problem. Change works? Good. Change doesn't work? Go back to normal. Easy.

------------------
Haggis: "For God's sake, snap out of it man! That bottle is empty! It's been empty since the first day we got to this godforsaken place and you drank it all! You're losing touch with reality!"
Otter stares at Haggis, a suspicious expression on his face.
Otter: "You just want my whiskey! I'm on to you!"
Think while it's still legal.
2004-07-18, 6:05 PM #172
Okay.

------------------

-MBeggar
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2004-07-18, 6:37 PM #173
Whatever happens, I would jsut be happy seeing two things:

A) Det stays in power
B) Pommy gets readmined. So he made one thread that froze peoples computers. It was a mistake. He wasn't out to get anyone.

------------------
Kieran: The reason I put a link to it is because she is in underwear and I know the admins are touchy on that.
Yecti: Jaiph will touch himself for hours if he so much as smells a woman's underwear
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-07-18, 7:04 PM #174
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SAJN_Master:
A good part of the community want's new admins...so, why not go for it? If enough people are sick off all the 'bad' the admins do, why not rehire? Really, we won't know until we try it. If it doesn't work we can always go back. I don't see the bad it can do, if the new admins do what they should, don't play favorites, don't act power hungry, then we keep them, problem solved, NOONE complains, huurah! If we don't change admins just to try it people continue to complain..Obviously if people complain there IS some form of a problem. Change works? Good. Change doesn't work? Go back to normal. Easy.

</font>

No, most of the people don't, they just aren't posting here because they don't care.

Yeah, Tracer? Buck's a good guy, and he handles things very maturely. I don't see what you have against him (though about that thread, that's probably a start), but saying that he handles things immaturely for a friggin comment that has NOTHING TO DO WITH BEING AN ADMIN WHATSOEVER, but which is actually quite true, just shows you have a vendetta. Notice nobody else seems to agree with you?

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-07-18, 7:14 PM #175
SAJN_Master: I once asked for change. If the forums hadnt been pruned you can probably find a thread just like this started by me about 2 or 3 years ago. Then I started to realize..maybe it was me that needed to change. Maybe if I stopped acting like such a goof off I wouldnt have all these run ins with the authority. Have you thought that maybe you might need to change some of the things you do around here? And that goes to everyone who wants change.

And once again, I reinterate, really...what memeber who isnt an admin deserves and as the potential to be a good one? Post someone and please say why, or keep your mouth shut.

------------------
In Tribute to Adam Sliger. Rest in Peace

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-07-18, 7:17 PM #176
Tracer, I love you.

------------------
Roach - Caught in the war of hemispheres.
0 of 14.
omnia mea mecum porto
2004-07-18, 7:30 PM #177
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">And once again, I reinterate, really...what memeber who isnt an admin deserves and as the potential to be a good one? Post someone and please say why, or keep your mouth shut.</font>

Flexor: An overall nice guy. Doesn't treat one person different from the next. Everyone gets respect, he doesn't seem to play favorites. If there is a problem he will deal with it as soon as he can, he doesn't just say "Ask someone else, I am busy"

DrkJedi82: Well respected throughout Massassi. A nice guy, and once again I haven't seen him play favorites. You may think I am all crazy for nomminating him, but when he is in the chat and he needs to be there he is on the ball.

Pommy: A great person, used to be an admin but got de-admined after a little mishap. I think he should be reinstated because people DO make mistakes, and even now that he isn't an admin he still acts like one, I respect that even without powers he still looks to respect the rules.

And out of all the admins right now, I think Jaiph should stay admin. He's basically a mix of all three people I posted up top.

------------------
Haggis: "For God's sake, snap out of it man! That bottle is empty! It's been empty since the first day we got to this godforsaken place and you drank it all! You're losing touch with reality!"
2004-07-18, 7:32 PM #178
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ubuu:
And once again, I reinterate, really...what memeber who isnt an admin deserves and as the potential to be a good one? Post someone and please say why, or keep your mouth shut.</font>

Personally I think Tracer would be a good admin. He cares about the community here and seeks to fix things that he sees are wrong. I think he'd be better at it than I am.

Actually I can think of a fair few others too. We're not short on responsible people.

------------------
Cantina Cloud | BCF | The Massassian 1, 2 & 3 | Gonkmeg
Corrupting the kiddies since '97

[This message has been edited by Jaiph (edited July 18, 2004).]
2004-07-18, 7:38 PM #179
Thank's Jaiph [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

SAJN_Master: Pommy was an admin, but was de-admin due to him taking a leave from Massassi.

DJ82: Is an OP in the chat, if he moved here I wouldn't have a problem.

Ok, I take it back, I could name a few people thinking now, but still, I am really happy with what we have.

------------------

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-07-18, 7:40 PM #180
Pommy was an admin, but was de-admin due to him taking a leave from Massassi. <-- actually wasn't it because he posted that "You are an idiot" thing Which crashed another admins program which contained A LOT of his work that he was doing for college..Atleast thats the version I heard.

------------------
2004-07-18, 7:45 PM #181
Whatever :rollseyes:

------------------

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-07-18, 7:47 PM #182
Actually, Ubuu, he's right man. :|

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-07-18, 7:50 PM #183
Ya, I know. I knew there was another reason, but I didnt want to put it out on Pommy, because it was an isolated incident.

------------------

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-07-18, 7:52 PM #184
Ok, I have read the posts here and I cannot make heads or tails of this. I will admit that I arrived late on the scene (Nov. 2002) so I don't know how prior admins dealt with stuff or if much has changed over Massassi's lifetime. I can say this, I think the current admins are doing a fine job. No I'm not ass kissing. Objective opinion. And actually I have to applaud mscbuck. Someone who is 15 is showing the maturity that surpasses even college-aged people. He most definitely should not go.

If I'm missing something here, please feel free to fill me in. I hate being wrong about information and what not.

------------------
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2004-07-18, 7:52 PM #185
Alright, well then I'll leave it alone.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-07-18, 7:54 PM #186
Ya buck has done a great job. And if you want to call this ass kissing, just ask buck for some of the PMs between he and I. Definently no bias there, right buck [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-07-18, 7:55 PM #187
Everyone knows I would make the best admin. Because it goes without saying, I'll assume we're in agreement then. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
Have a good one,
Freelancer
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2004-07-18, 8:11 PM #188
Massassi needs new admins?

Bulls***.

Massassi needs new Jedi Knight levels. Or actually, Massassi needs NEW MYSTERIES OF THE SITH SINGLE PLAYER LEVELS.

Duh.

------------------
<landfish> FastGamerr > Satan
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2004-07-18, 10:50 PM #189
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Freelancer:
Everyone knows I would make the best admin. Because it goes without saying, I'll assume we're in agreement then. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]
</font>

Freelancer '04.

------------------
Roach - Caught in the war of hemispheres.
0 of 14.
omnia mea mecum porto
2004-07-18, 11:29 PM #190
I'm glad I'm staying out of this.

Dang it. >_<

------------------
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2004-07-19, 2:24 AM #191
I still think Seb, Flex and I should be admins. 'Cause we're French. Everyone likes French people, because we're sexy and stuff.

------------------
When guitars are outlawed, only outlaws will have guitars.
2004-07-19, 4:05 AM #192
Indeed.

------------------
<landfish> FastGamerr > Satan
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2004-07-19, 4:09 AM #193
LOL @ the hatin'

Has nobody noticed that someone tends to get banned for breaking the rules or making the place any less enjoyable for anyone else?

Anyone notice the forums are working?

Yeah... that makes me think the admins are fine, this thread has way too much whining over nothing going on in it.

------------------
Drugs & Stupidity, Tons of it.
2004-07-19, 4:20 AM #194

So was anything actually resolved in this thread? Or was it, as previously stated, a cunning ploy to catch out a revolution in the works?

------------------
Wise men say that fools rush in where angels fear to tread, so look before you leap, so to speak, because the grass is not always greener on the other side of the hill.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2004-07-19, 5:17 AM #195
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Nubs:
You sad sad little man..... Is all of this that big of a deal to you people? For God's sake this is an forum on the internet. Not only that, but this a Star Wars forum. Why don't you people devote the time you use to bash admins and complain to do some good? Write a book, pick up garbage on the side of a road, get a snack, watch TV. I doubt there is a bigger waste of time than getting pissed about getting "mistreated" on the internet, and harping about it. Just some advice.

</font>

Normally, on any other online community, I'd agree, but this is Massassi, and we love Massassi too much to do that.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jaiph:
Personally I think Tracer would be a good admin. He cares about the community here and seeks to fix things that he sees are wrong. I think he'd be better at it than I am.</font>

I agree.

------------------
What once was...
2004-07-19, 5:28 AM #196
[http://ryan.sporkaudio.com/arguing.jpg]

------------------
http://www.sporkaudio.com
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2004-07-19, 6:06 AM #197
I'm suprised no one has tried to start a soviet revolution. Or said "Take off your pants and start the revolution!" This place has changed. How sad.

------------------
Kieran: The reason I put a link to it is because she is in underwear and I know the admins are touchy on that.
Yecti: Jaiph will touch himself for hours if he so much as smells a woman's underwear
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-07-19, 6:21 AM #198
Take off your pants and start the revolution!!!

Oh, wait... I like the admins here.
NEVERMIND, the revolution is off.

------------------
Sam: "Sir we can't call it 'The Enterprise'"
Jack: "Why not!"
Sam: "Sir we can't call it 'The Enterprise'"
Jack: "Why not!"
2004-07-19, 7:54 AM #199
Screw you, I'm taking my pants off anyways!

------------------
WAITER: Here’s your green salad, sir.
ANAKIN: What? You fool, I told you NO CROUTONS! Aaaaaaargh!
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-07-19, 8:02 AM #200
Sound like fun!

*enjoying his pantless-ness*

------------------
When guitars are outlawed, only outlaws will have guitars.

↑ Up to the top!