Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Battle of Black Friday
Battle of Black Friday
2007-11-23, 10:01 AM #1
before leaving the house i bought the mummy, mummy returns, and v for vendetta on HD-DVD (amazon has a buy 2 get one free deal) and quake wars for $20 from gogamer

then in the nightmare that is the battle of black friday i may have knocked over a few old women but i ended up with some crap i didn't really need

[http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/5874/blackfriday07vm4.jpg]

post your own spoils of war
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2007-11-23, 10:09 AM #2
i raided best buy.

2x 22" samsung lcd
hp dual core laptop
250gb sata laptop drive
4x lg dvd burner

other stuff
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2007-11-23, 10:52 AM #3
BIOSHOCK.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2007-11-23, 10:56 AM #4
I went quite light on Black Friday shopping this year:
The Orange Box - $25
100pk CD-rs -12.99
2 Gig microSD card - 14.99

Much less than I originally had planned for too, I managed to sleep late, setting my alarm for PM rather than AM
"It sounds like an epidemic."
"Look, I don't know what that means. But it happens all the time." - Penny Arcade
Last.fm
2007-11-23, 11:17 AM #5
I arrived at Wal-Mart at 2:30 AM to buy these two things:

[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v98/saberclash1337/whatibought.jpg]

I got them both :)

I also saw that they they were passing a few Wii's out so I bought one for my brother, and he's going to pay me back.
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2007-11-23, 11:23 AM #6
I got my ex an ipod dock, myself a 70 dollar webcam for 20 bucks, and my mum some movies. I also got my dad an air compressor blower thing for his rock drill, as well as some stetson.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-11-23, 12:08 PM #7
Does a Christmas tree count?
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2007-11-23, 12:20 PM #8
As of this moment, I've bought nothing.
2007-11-23, 12:49 PM #9
Yeah. Damn you Americans and your cheap, cheap goods for no immediately discernible reasons.
Attachment: 17804/800px-Tumbleweed_rolling.jpg (55,203 bytes)
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2007-11-23, 12:55 PM #10
I hate Black Friday. All I wanted to do was sleep this week. Instead I found myself at an LL Bean on the eastern shore for 3 hours starting at something like 8 or 9 am.

:(
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2007-11-23, 1:01 PM #11
we don't do black friday. my parents hate the day and don't understand why people go shopping on the busiest shopping day of the year.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2007-11-23, 1:13 PM #12
Black Friday sucks balls. I slept 'till noon.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2007-11-23, 1:16 PM #13
You're such a bahumbug, freelancer. You're like an old man who just got back from a war and doesn't have any friends. Because they're dead.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-11-23, 1:29 PM #14
Kirby, well excuse me for becoming mildly nauseated by this day of excessive consumerism. I don't think it's fair to call me a humbug because of that. Retailers are commanding us to spend money just because they have good deals, not because we need the things they have on sale.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2007-11-23, 1:35 PM #15
No, I even agree with you. It's more your attitude about EVERYTHING that makes you a humbug.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-11-23, 1:45 PM #16
Fair enough. :P
2007-11-23, 1:51 PM #17
I got ice cream from Cold Stone. I donated $1 to a children's hospital in exchange for $1 off my purchase (BEFORE tax, so actually I saved 7 cents).

Before that I went to Burger King. I ordered an Italian chicken sandwich, a bottled water, and mozzarella sticks. They got half of it right, but instead of mozzarella sticks they gave me fries and chicken nuggets.

Stupid Black Friday temp workers. Still not as bad as McDonald's on any other day. I always ask for a PLAIN double hamburger and it somehow ends up with pickles, ketchup, and/or cheese on it.

I also walked into GameStop but didn't buy anything since my parents already started Christmas shopping for me. I saw some guy trying to play Super Mario Galaxy on the display Wii but he couldn't figure out he had to hold the Wiimote high enough so it could see the sensor bar. Poor guy.

2007-11-23, 2:09 PM #18
Those ******* retailers! They're making the US shop - we all have no choice but to chase their deals!!

I blame the losers (and I say that with love, my mom is sometimes one of them) who get up at 4 am so they can make it into the store at 5am to buy the stuff they don't need. No one is making them.
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2007-11-23, 3:02 PM #19
D:
Canada
2007-11-23, 3:25 PM #20
22" Widescreen Envision LCD Monitor - 161.99 after tax.

God I ****ing love this holiday. You can always find something you "need"
D E A T H
2007-11-23, 3:34 PM #21
Originally posted by - Tony -:
Yeah. Damn you Americans and your cheap, cheap goods for no immediately discernible reasons.

There is a lady out west that sells tumbleweed on eBay and makes 40K+ per year doing it.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2007-11-23, 3:42 PM #22
I returned all my useless crap and ended up with a wad of cash.
Back again
2007-11-23, 3:44 PM #23
Originally posted by Emon:
There is a lady out west that sells tumbleweed on eBay and makes 40K+ per year doing it.

I demand to know who. :colbert:
Back again
2007-11-23, 3:59 PM #24
I demand to know HOW! :ninja:

2007-11-23, 5:14 PM #25
Originally posted by Dark__Knight:
I arrived at Wal-Mart at 2:30 AM to buy these two things:

[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v98/saberclash1337/whatibought.jpg]

I got them both :)

I also saw that they they were passing a few Wii's out so I bought one for my brother, and he's going to pay me back.

How do you like that TV? I thought about it, but it sounds sketchy...when I think of Polaroid, I think of those old instant cameras... :P
woot!
2007-11-23, 5:32 PM #26
Originally posted by JLee:
How do you like that TV? I thought about it, but it sounds sketchy...when I think of Polaroid, I think of those old instant cameras... :P

I just hooked it up a couple hours ago and it is so amazing. I love it! I am so psyched about it, and it even picks up about 10-15 HD channels! (Like NBC/Fox/CNN/CBS ect). I can't wait for my Xbox 360 to come back from the repair center to do some gaming on it. The picture quality is excellent and it really is a sleek and slim design.
Author of the JK levels:

2007-11-23, 5:39 PM #27
Originally posted by Dark__Knight:
I just hooked it up a couple hours ago and it is so amazing. I love it! I am so psyched about it, and it even picks up about 10-15 HD channels! (Like NBC/Fox/CNN/CBS ect). I can't wait for my Xbox 360 to come back from the repair center to do some gaming on it. The picture quality is excellent and it really is a sleek and slim design.

The thing that really caught my eye is the 1080P...maybe I'll find a good holiday sale or something; I don't particularly want to wait another year for a TV.. :P
woot!
2007-11-23, 5:41 PM #28
Originally posted by JLee:
The thing that really caught my eye is the 1080P...

Yes sir, it was originally a $1,400 TV.

1080p versus 1080i is a huge factor in price. Especially in a TV of that size. Getting it for $800 was almost slashing the price in half. It was by far the best purchase I have ever made. (Though also the most expensive, other than a car...but then again I didn't pay for that all at once).
Author of the JK levels:

2007-11-23, 6:05 PM #29
I raided my parents fridge and got some left over turkey and ham.

Also got a secondhand set of shelves.

I never leave the house on black friday.
On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."
2007-11-23, 7:11 PM #30
Originally posted by The Mega-ZZTer:
I demand to know HOW! :ninja:

1. Pick up Tumbleweed and Go to eBay

2. ???

3. PROFIT
Back again
2007-11-23, 8:41 PM #31
I bought a TomTom and a Navigon GPS system at Staples. I also bought 3 mugs at Kohls.
Think while it's still legal.
2007-11-23, 8:45 PM #32
orange box and bioshock for $25 each at best buy

that was all i had money for :/
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2007-11-23, 9:17 PM #33
Okay, I get panned for having Ann Coulter books and he bought Employee of the Month.

?
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2007-11-23, 10:11 PM #34
I bought Earth 2160 for 5 bucks off steam.
Does that count?
2007-11-23, 10:21 PM #35
Originally posted by Wookie06:
Okay, I get panned for having Ann Coulter books and he bought Employee of the Month.

?

Ann Coulter is a nazi, Employee of the month is just a bad movie.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2007-11-23, 10:26 PM #36
I liked employee of the month..
2007-11-23, 10:46 PM #37
Black Friday? No thanks. I have no compelling need to go get trampled by crazy people both in stores and in traffic while they rush to save a couple bucks on crap.

Instead I slept until 11, then went out and checked the mail, and was delighted to find my Limited Edition Mass Effect, Halo 3 Soundtrack, and Contact Harvest had all arrived.

Screw going out. I'll just have my stuff mailed to me. Spent the rest of the day reading, listening to music, and playing Mass Effect (lurve!).
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2007-11-23, 10:46 PM #38
I actually have no opinion of the movie. I have not seen it. I had heard it sucked and know that JS is universally panned. Coulter certainly isn't a Nazi, however. She is on record as supporting America's position against Nazis.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2007-11-23, 10:47 PM #39
It's possible to be a self hating nazi.

Afterall, Hitler was basically a self-hating jew. He wasn't even close to Aryan, BY HIS OWN DEFINITION.
2007-11-23, 11:05 PM #40
Originally posted by phoenix_9286:
Black Friday? No thanks. I have no compelling need to go get trampled by crazy people both in stores and in traffic while they rush to save a couple bucks on crap.

Instead I slept until 11, then went out and checked the mail, and was delighted to find my Limited Edition Mass Effect, Halo 3 Soundtrack, and Contact Harvest had all arrived.

Screw going out. I'll just have my stuff mailed to me. Spent the rest of the day reading, listening to music, and playing Mass Effect (lurve!).

It's not just a couple of bucks, but downplay it however that makes you feel justified in your laziness.

I'll sit with my 150 dollar off monitor in peace thank you Mr. :downs:
D E A T H

↑ Up to the top!