Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Battle of Black Friday
Battle of Black Friday
2007-11-23, 11:10 PM #41
Laziness? Haha. Go ahead and use that term if it makes you feel justified in your vanity.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2007-11-23, 11:44 PM #42
Mass effect is 360 only
D:
2007-11-24, 12:03 AM #43
i bought NOTHING today just to be anarchy in the U.K. yah at this point im a reble on par with kid rock, ha ha but for real, ihad to work today (i work at game stop) and we made 40,000 USD today!!!!! thats crazy
" I am the Lizard King, I can do anyhthing... "
2007-11-24, 12:03 AM #44
Originally posted by JLee:
How do you like that TV? I thought about it, but it sounds sketchy...when I think of Polaroid, I think of those old instant cameras... :P

I'd be cautious because almost all Polaroid products these days are rebranded garbage. However, they may be say, a Samsung panel in there, in which case it's rebranded :awesome:
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2007-11-24, 7:16 AM #45
*shrug* I worked all day at Lowe's. Grabbed a couple of things at half off whilst I was there, though.

I'll get up early and camp next year.
"And lo, let us open up into the holy book of Proxy2..." -genk
His pot is blacker than his kettle!
2007-11-24, 8:23 AM #46
Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:
It's not just a couple of bucks, but downplay it however that makes you feel justified in your laziness.

I'll sit with my 150 dollar off monitor in peace thank you Mr. :downs:

.... So I'm an idiot because I called all the sales cheap to justify my lack of want to go out on the worst shopping day of the year? Oh, and let's not forget I'm confusing "lack of want" with "laziness".

Yeah. That makes a whole lot of sense.

Originally posted by Tiberium_Empire:
Mass effect is 360 only
D:

No. It's :awesome:.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2007-11-24, 12:00 PM #47
Originally posted by Freelancer:
Laziness? Haha. Go ahead and use that term if it makes you feel justified in your vanity.

It's vain to go out and buy nice things for low prices? Damn, I guess everyone who's ever went to a sale is a rather conceited mother****er then!

Originally posted by phoenix_9286:
.... So I'm an idiot because I called all the sales cheap to justify my lack of want to go out on the worst shopping day of the year? Oh, and let's not forget I'm confusing "lack of want" with "laziness".

Yeah. That makes a whole lot of sense.

You're an idiot for ignoring the quality of the sales just to justify your own laziness. If you truly didn't want anything (which, hell, it's black friday. Anything you want is gonna be on sale.) then okay, my bad; I somehow doubt that's the case though.

No. It's :awesome:.

Console exclusivity is so cool it makes my awesome glands hurt.
D E A T H
2007-11-24, 12:06 PM #48
Well I bought Mass Effect for the 360 but it cost normal price because we don't celebrate Black Friday here in limeyland.
Xbox Live/PlayStation Network/Steam: tone217
http://twitter.com/ourmatetone
2007-11-24, 8:26 PM #49
Originally posted by Emon:
I'd be cautious because almost all Polaroid products these days are rebranded garbage. However, they may be say, a Samsung panel in there, in which case it's rebranded :awesome:

Not with a 1,200:1 contrast ratio... that's where he got hosed. Black will be grey on his TV.
Current Maps | Newest Map
2007-11-24, 8:44 PM #50
You're an idiot for ignoring the quality of the sales just to justify your own laziness. If you truly didn't want anything (which, hell, it's black friday. Anything you want is gonna be on sale.) then okay, my bad; I somehow doubt that's the case though.

Again... how the hell does it make me LAZY to not want to go out shopping on the busiest consumer spending day of the year? $:confused: I'm lazy because I don't want to get up at 4 30 in the morning to go stand outside Best Buy for the next hour and a half with 30 or more other people, just to ensure I actually walk out with a good deal? I'm lazy because I'd rather stay home and do something fun, rather than wade through consumer hell?

Your entire concept of me being lazy, just because I don't want to go shopping for great deals is silly.

And for the record, no. No there wasn't a damn thing I was interested in. I need no movies, and if I do, I can sure as hell wait for the library to get them. I need no music. I stopped buying music from stores years ago. I need no hardware for my computer. I upgraded the few things I cared about months ago (ram and my hard drive), which almost seems to have been a mistake now, because I'm using my laptop more than my desktop. I don't play PC games, so I won't find a deal there. I already have my "must have" 360 games. I'm not going to go splurge on every other game I'm interested in. Not to mention that most of them, my friends have, so we'll borrow and play. I don't need a tv. I don't need a stereo. I don't need a new monitor. I don't need recordable media.

Do I want any of those items? Sure.
Do I want them enough to rush from store to store, looking for deals and snapping them up all at once? No.

What you're calling laziness is me looking at what's offered, and what I need, and then deciding I can live without it, and don't need to go spend my cash. Regardless of how good the deal is.

Now if there was a deal somewhere for a 30 inch 1080p Plasma TV for 3 bucks, then I'll feel like an idiot.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Last Stand
2007-11-24, 8:52 PM #51
Only a lazy person would have the time to sit on the computer to type that much **** into one post.
2007-11-24, 9:07 PM #52
:rolleyes:
Last Stand
2007-11-24, 9:42 PM #53

Let's not forget that the real idiots here are the rabid consumerists who are so easily manipulated into maxing out their credit cards on random crap that is hyped up to be a "great deal", but in reality is not. There's a reason it's called black Friday as opposed to red Friday.

This year's black Friday was really bad. I didn't see anything that I would buy even if there were no crowds. It was mostly just millions are rebates that lowered products to merely reasonable prices.
2007-11-24, 11:59 PM #54
Again... how the hell does it make me LAZY to not want to go out shopping on the busiest consumer spending day of the year? $:confused: I'm lazy because I don't want to get up at 4 30 in the morning to go stand outside Best Buy for the next hour and a half with 30 or more other people, just to ensure I actually walk out with a good deal? I'm lazy because I'd rather stay home and do something fun, rather than wade through consumer hell?

Your entire concept of me being lazy, just because I don't want to go shopping for great deals is silly.

And for the record, no. No there wasn't a damn thing I was interested in. I need no movies, and if I do, I can sure as hell wait for the library to get them. I need no music. I stopped buying music from stores years ago. I need no hardware for my computer. I upgraded the few things I cared about months ago (ram and my hard drive), which almost seems to have been a mistake now, because I'm using my laptop more than my desktop. I don't play PC games, so I won't find a deal there. I already have my "must have" 360 games. I'm not going to go splurge on every other game I'm interested in. Not to mention that most of them, my friends have, so we'll borrow and play. I don't need a tv. I don't need a stereo. I don't need a new monitor. I don't need recordable media.

Do I want any of those items? Sure.
Do I want them enough to rush from store to store, looking for deals and snapping them up all at once? No.

What you're calling laziness is me looking at what's offered, and what I need, and then deciding I can live without it, and don't need to go spend my cash. Regardless of how good the deal is.

Now if there was a deal somewhere for a 30 inch 1080p Plasma TV for 3 bucks, then I'll feel like an idiot.

If they would've taken starter checks (took two hours to go back into another town to get the money, ****ing bull****) it would've literally taken me an hour--from waking up (4:30) driving in (30 min) parking (20 min) and buying my item (10 min to get it then run through the line) for the whole ordeal. Honestly, that's not much longer than a regular shopping day. I stood in line for 5 minutes maybe, and that's because of the fire code (only so many people inside the building at once), and there was a consistent 50 or so people in line.

Do your research before hand (takes 5 minutes--www.bfads.net is up every year) and find out if anything you want is on sale. It's not as HUGE a deal as people make it out to be--at least hasn't been the last three years I've gone. People make it out to be some kind of hell on earth--it's just a bit more hectic than your normal saturday morning shopping near christmas. People I guess justify their laziness because of this.

Honestly, it really wasn't bad at all, and almost never is, and yes I do live in a fairly big metropolis (Huntsville--100,000 people or so, Madison and Athens around it along with a few other smaller cities--another 100,000 or so combined, and those are all towns without any kind of major shopping outlets.)

Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
Let's not forget that the real idiots here are the rabid consumerists who are so easily manipulated into maxing out their credit cards on random crap that is hyped up to be a "great deal", but in reality is not. There's a reason it's called black Friday as opposed to red Friday.

This year's black Friday was really bad. I didn't see anything that I would buy even if there were no crowds. It was mostly just millions are rebates that lowered products to merely reasonable prices.

There were some really great deals, but not like last year's definitely. I'm just happy I walked away with a 22" Widescreen LCD for 150--that's a great price all things considered, and it works wonderfully.
D E A T H
2007-11-25, 12:27 AM #55
I really wanted a 23 inch to go dual screen (which I find easier for editing) but we didn't go to best buy until 10, and they were all gone.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2007-11-25, 12:56 AM #56
Honestly, it really wasn't bad at all, and almost never is, and yes I do live in a fairly big metropolis (Huntsville--100,000 people or so, Madison and Athens around it along with a few other smaller cities--another 100,000 or so combined, and those are all towns without any kind of major shopping outlets.)

Los Angeles: Population 4,324,526. :colbert:
Back again
2007-11-25, 12:42 PM #57
I bought Dead Poets Society and The Three Hundred Spartans.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2007-11-25, 12:43 PM #58
Originally posted by Spook:
I bought Dead Poets Society and The Three Hundred Spartans.

I loved that movie.
Back again
2007-11-25, 12:54 PM #59
Originally posted by JediKirby:
I really wanted a 23 inch to go dual screen (which I find easier for editing) but we didn't go to best buy until 10, and they were all gone.

22 inch you mean? I don't think they had any 23" screens on sale :p

Originally posted by Warlockmish:
Los Angeles: Population 4,324,526. :colbert:

That's obviously a bit of a different story. However, phoenix doesn't live in LA.
D E A T H
2007-11-25, 6:23 PM #60
Charlotte is crazy enough. Especially out by our Best Buy, Circuit City, and malls. The traffic snarls are atrocious.
Last Stand
2007-11-25, 7:04 PM #61
Charlotte is crazy enough. Especially out by our Best Buy, Circuit City, and malls. The traffic snarls are atrocious.

Charlotte's not too bad--my uncle who used to live in Salem said their black fridays weren't horrible, and usually were better than here's (he lives in Athens AL now, I'm actually staying with him til...tomorrow. Going to move in to my new apartment). I think it had to do with the distribution of people--Charlotte's pretty bad, but we have a lot of big cities with not a whole lot of shopping outlets, which makes people run to HSV from miles and miles around.
D E A T H
2007-11-25, 7:14 PM #62
I don't really shop.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2007-11-27, 4:51 PM #63
Originally posted by Michael MacFarlane:
I don't really shop.

Good its wrong to support MTV mass media and all that crap. Well show those corprate fat cats whose boss. You ever heard thae stupid greed day song american idot? Doseent HE (billy) realize that HE HIMSELF, is supporting the nation being controlled by the media. Now all the 12 year old girls and 15 year old buys are all like " I HAT BUSH, even tho i know nothing avout the matter, i must a lifeless drone" When will people learn that you need Lays potato chips to start a revolution. which is what we all should do. Who's with me?:hist101:
2007-11-27, 5:01 PM #64
.... Wtf?
Last Stand
2007-11-27, 5:15 PM #65
.... Wtf?

Something funny about that, i flipped out on a rant like that on my ACT test and turns out someone thinks a little stoner tweaking about mass media is great writin so i did better that 97% of every kid in the US that took it, funny hu?
2007-11-27, 6:00 PM #66
Originally posted by Darth_Xasthur:
Something funny about that, i flipped out on a rant like that on my ACT test and turns out someone thinks a little stoner tweaking about mass media is great writin so i did better that 97% of every kid in the US that took it, funny hu?

You did better than 97% of the people in the US that took the ACT?

Somehow I don't think you scored above a 15, but that's just me.
D E A T H
2007-11-27, 6:09 PM #67
97%? If you're gonna lie make it a believable number.
60-70 ish i could believe.
2007-11-27, 7:26 PM #68
Good its wrong to support MTV mass media and all that crap. Well show those corprate fat cats whose boss. You ever heard thae stupid greed day song american idot? Doseent HE (billy) realize that HE HIMSELF, is supporting the nation being controlled by the media. Now all the 12 year old girls and 15 year old buys are all like " I HAT BUSH, even tho i know nothing avout the matter, i must a lifeless drone" When will people learn that you need Lays potato chips to start a revolution. which is what we all should do. Who's with me?:hist101:

Who let Mystic0 have another account? :argh:
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2007-11-27, 8:06 PM #69
There is no way this guy is serious.
2007-11-27, 8:06 PM #70
Also, I do indeed, Hat bush.
The man could use a good hat.
2007-11-27, 9:05 PM #71
Originally posted by Primate:
There is no way this guy is serious.

If he's serious, and can provide undeniable proof of his score, and his identity... I think I'll have to go shoot the person scoring the tests. Because they obviously ****ed up.
Last Stand
2007-11-28, 6:08 AM #72
I HAT BUSH
"Honey, you got real ugly."
2007-11-28, 6:13 AM #73
Buck Fush.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2007-11-28, 6:48 AM #74
Originally posted by llibja:
I HAT BUSH

ok we need a hat with a picture of someone putting a hat on the president and the words i hat bush

someone make this hat

then do something similar with a shirt... i'm thinking "i shirt on bush"
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2007-11-28, 7:17 AM #75
Ask and ye shall receive.

... Or at least get something close.

[http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb171/Phoenix9286/bushhat.jpg]
Last Stand
2007-11-28, 7:35 AM #76
Hehe.
nope.
2007-11-28, 7:37 AM #77
DANCING LOBSTER DANCING LOBSTER DANCING LOBSTER
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2007-11-28, 7:57 AM #78
I bought a pack of Camel Wide Filters in a Wawa on the way home from my folks' house. It was not on sale. Later that evening, I bought a six-pack and three loose big bottles of Baltika. Also not on sale.
:master::master::master:
2007-11-28, 8:21 AM #79
I'd rather sleep the extra 6 hours, and just buy the same crap later at regular price... I value sleep way more than any good that can be sold.
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2007-11-28, 12:01 PM #80
i SWEAR to GOD that that number is accurate. Yes i ded better that 97% of america in writing, though it may be unbelieveable i promise its the truth. I am currently in the process of getting another copy, due to the fact i threw mine out so there. Ill be able to prove to all of you. Why the hel would i make that up? Either way, its the truth....

↑ Up to the top!