Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Do you want to fall in love?
Do you want to fall in love?
2008-04-07, 1:36 PM #81
Originally posted by Yecti:

That's what I thought of when I saw this thread. :awesomelon:

I thought of "I don't want to fall in love" by She Wants Revenge.
2008-04-07, 1:48 PM #82
Originally posted by BobTheMasher:
Of course, if they do a terrible job, they still get paid the same and you still pay the same, you leave feeling ripped off.

No, you feel annoyed. You would only be able to feel ripped off if the food was bad.
Quote:
[Edit: No, I'm not and have never been a waiter. I don't like working with food. I do, however, eat out regularly (at college living in the dorms it's a requirement) so I am very familiar with the procedure.]

...no it isn't.

:psyduck:
nope.
2008-04-07, 1:55 PM #83
Back to the *original* post, there are plenty of great girls that want relationships, there are also lots of girls that are tired of being played and used. The smoother you come across the less likely any girl is going to trust you or think of you as anything other then a cad. Be sincere, chill out and give it time. Relationships don't just happen, they have develop. So chill.

Most girls also hate guys that are way to over eager. They don't want a lap dog, they want a boyfriend. :-)
Mirthy

King James the 1st- “I will not give a turd for thy preaching”
2008-04-07, 1:56 PM #84
Now you're just being difficult. You go to a restaurant, you're paying for food AND service. So if the service was bad, you'd be entitled to feeling ripped off.

And are you referring to eating out not being a requirement living on a college campus? If so, I'd like to ask you how I am supposed to live comfortably eating cold or microwaved food 4-5 times a day 7 days a week? Would you like me to add the word "practically" into the sentence you commented on, or do you think you could figure that out for yourself?
Warhead[97]
2008-04-07, 2:02 PM #85
If the service sucks, you don't leave a tip and you don't go back to the restaurant.
Pissed Off?
2008-04-07, 2:07 PM #86
And are you referring to eating out not being a requirement living on a college campus? If so, I'd like to ask you how I am supposed to live comfortably eating cold or microwaved food 4-5 times a day 7 days a week? Would you like me to add the word "practically" into the sentence you commented on, or do you think you could figure that out for yourself?

Ooh, look at Mr Touchy. I was referring not eating out while living on a campus. I've gone and eaten out... once since I started uni and I live "on campus". That's not including the odd thing I've had for lunch in the union/pub etc ofcourse because it's not amazingly practical to go back to the flat just for something to eat between lectures.

You don't have a kitchen?

:psyduck:
nope.
2008-04-07, 2:14 PM #87
Whoa, let's not get angry here. And no, I don't have a kitchen. I just said I live in the dorms. I don't live in apartment style dorms, i live in suite style, which is an improvement from prison style like my freshmen year, hah.
Warhead[97]
2008-04-07, 2:19 PM #88
Our non-flat dorms have a whole bunch of large kitchens shared between 12 folk each.

:/
nope.
2008-04-07, 2:22 PM #89
Originally posted by Echoman:
When did this happen.

It obviously depends on the restaurant and the waiter, but compared to other entry level jobs that usually pay 7-10$ an hour, it's far better.
2008-04-07, 2:25 PM #90
Oh...weird. Well, we've got a little kitchen nook about the size of a closet for the first 2 floors of my building, it's got an oven/stove, a fridge, a microwave, and some cabinets, but there's usually someone using it (that'll happen when roughly 50 people live in the area).
Warhead[97]
2008-04-07, 3:36 PM #91
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2008-04-07, 4:02 PM #92
I was waiting for someone to post that, it happens every time I have this damn argument.

:P
nope.
2008-04-07, 4:07 PM #93
Do you have this argument a lot? It's the first time I've ever seen someone (who was not a character in a movie) have a problem with tipping, that's why I said anything at all, heh.
Warhead[97]
2008-04-07, 4:44 PM #94
this thread is about the longterm acquisition of boobs

so get back on topic please

:argh:

o.0
2008-04-07, 4:51 PM #95
Do you have this argument a lot? It's the first time I've ever seen someone (who was not a character in a movie) have a problem with tipping, that's why I said anything at all, heh.

It pops up here about once a year.
nope.
2008-04-07, 5:05 PM #96
Originally posted by Greenboy:
this thread is about the longterm acquisition of boobs

so get back on topic please

:argh:

Yeah, I'm going to start deleting posts that aren't on topic. Make another thread to argue about tipping if you want to.
2008-04-07, 5:07 PM #97
to pick up a chick that works in a restaurant: write your number on a $20.. they will call
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2008-04-07, 5:22 PM #98
Or write it on a $5 and they will get their fat friend to call.
There...are...FOUR...lights!
2008-04-07, 5:24 PM #99
that's not a bad idea either
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2008-04-07, 6:12 PM #100
On topic: Just being flirty with someone and writing your number on something has worked for me in the past (not a lot, but a few times). It seems to be a reasonable thing to do when your contact with them is limited in time. If it's a waitress, write it on the ticket, anyone else, have some paper scraps handy. Whatever.

Also, for the record, I hate overly structured linear conversations with no room to veer. Does that mean I hate the idea of forums? :(
Warhead[97]
2008-04-07, 6:56 PM #101
Yeah, on second thought don't write your number on money. Think of how many crazy people will handle it in the future.
There...are...FOUR...lights!
2008-04-07, 7:55 PM #102
don't go out looking for a girlfriend. If someone comes along that you'd like to get to know a little better, go for it, but don't think in terms of searching for a girlfriend
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2008-04-07, 8:14 PM #103
"Mr. Touchy?" Baconfish wins!
Mirthy

2008-04-07, 8:15 PM #104
Originally posted by sugarless5:
don't go out looking for a girlfriend. If someone comes along that you'd like to get to know a little better, go for it, but don't think in terms of searching for a girlfriend

This doesn't work.

It's the worst advice ever.

Don't follow it. I'm serious.
2008-04-07, 8:19 PM #105
Rob's just trying to narrow the playing field so he has a better chance, or at least ranks higher nationally.

Because there are rankings. All the men know, we just can't talk about them or link to them because there are woomenz present.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2008-04-07, 8:22 PM #106
Originally posted by Rob:
This doesn't work.

It's the worst advice ever.

Don't follow it. I'm serious.

It's not advice for getting a girlfriend. It's advice for not turing that whole love thing into some kind of scavenger hunt.

Also, not everyone is so desperately loney that they're forever trying to find a girlfriend.
2008-04-07, 8:25 PM #107
Originally posted by happydud:
Rob's just trying to narrow the playing field so he has a better chance, or at least ranks higher nationally.

Because there are rankings. All the men know, we just can't talk about them or link to them because there are woomenz present.

Uhhhh huh.

I'm being serious.

Waiting around like a zit on the *** of society isn't going to find you someone.

The more people you know, the more people you are introduced to through networking. Thereby increasing your chances of finding someone you will have alot in common with.
2008-04-07, 8:32 PM #108
That isn't what she said. And if you think the people you know are only there to help you get a girlfriend then I wouldn't want to be your friend :saddowns:
2008-04-07, 8:34 PM #109
Not all of us have had to resort to internet dating spiderguy. :P

Point is; KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN, BE PROACTIVE, AND MEET NEW PEOPLE.
2008-04-07, 8:41 PM #110
Originally posted by Rob:
Not all of us have had to resort to internet dating spiderguy. :P

Point is; KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN, BE PROACTIVE, AND MEET NEW PEOPLE.

AND DONT LOOK AT EVERY ONE OF THEM LIKE A PIECE OF MEAT.

That's all she said you lunkhead.

Here let me show you the only thing you have to be to get all the ladies.
[http://www.nndb.com/people/657/000026579/cary-grant-sm.jpg]
2008-04-07, 8:45 PM #111
i've never dated anyone on the internet you big jerk

Sugarless still has a good point. You can't always think of meeting new people as being a search for a girlfriend. Keeping your eyes open is obviously a good idea, but I don't think always need to be completely proactive about it. Sometimes you just meet that random someone and want to sex her/him gently.
2008-04-07, 8:50 PM #112
Thats called a "hook-up" and is completely different. :P
2008-04-07, 9:00 PM #113
Originally posted by Jin:
i've never dated anyone on the internet you big jerk

Sugarless still has a good point. You can't always think of meeting new people as being a search for a girlfriend. Keeping your eyes open is obviously a good idea, but I don't think always need to be completely proactive about it. Sometimes you just meet that random someone and want to sex her/him gently.

Or sometimes you meet that random someone and you want to talk to them.

You know, girls. They have brains. Well some do.

What she is saying is; *ahem* *cough* *cough*
[quote=Nathaniel Hawthorn or Thoreau, one of the two]Happiness is a butterfly, which, when pursued, is always just beyond your grasp, but which, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you.[/quote]

Modern people have this idiotic disposition that their entire life should be consumed with the search for their one true love. Then twenty years later they realize that they didn't do anything with their life and they will be bitter at their one true loved one.

Do something else. If you feel adventurous, do something useful and good for other people. Women (not girls) love a nice guy who is doing something with himself, for other people. They take that guy in the end.
2008-04-07, 9:06 PM #114
I think the point they're making is if you never make an effort to connect with people, you're never going to find anyone. You can't just sit back and let it happen, exactly.
Warhead[97]
2008-04-07, 9:16 PM #115
That's what they said about Poland in the 1930s.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2008-04-07, 9:17 PM #116
pps i want to fall in love like i want cancer of the urethra ty
D E A T H
2008-04-07, 9:18 PM #117
Spook hit it on the head. Great quote.

I'm not suggesting that sitting in your basement on the internet is going to help you find the love of your life. I'm just saying live your life, meet new people, have fun, and if one of those new people interests you, go for it.
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2008-04-07, 9:19 PM #118
Okay guys, who wants to go out with me?

I'm forced to resort to asking here ever since Sarn discontinued the Massassi Dating Service.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2008-04-07, 9:24 PM #119
i havent been single since i was 14 yrs old. i've been in two relationships. long term ones seem to just fall in my lap.

but they're right, meeting new people is the way to go. its what worked for me. i didnt intend either of the girls i've dated for that purpose when i met them.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2008-04-08, 4:14 PM #120
And the relationships that you fall into are the best I think. If anything is forced then its not going to work, and its not going to be fun. Take your time and just have fun!
Mirthy

↑ Up to the top!