Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Post little things that really annoy you
Post little things that really annoy you
2008-04-30, 8:46 AM #1
Here's mine:
Websites that resize your browser window. Why is this even an option? There is no good reason a website should do this. Anyway, recently I finally got fed up with this and searched for a solution. If you don't want to disable javascript and use Firefox, type about:config in the address bar and filter for "dom.disable_window_move_resize", set the value to true.

I also can't ****ing stand windows and dialogs that pop up and steal focus. I love it when I'm typing something and press spacebar just as a dialog is popping up, causing me to "choose" whichever button it decides to set focus on by default. I've had this happen with the "Windows has installed updates, restart now or later" dialog, which has the focus on the "restart now" button, causing my system to reboot when I'm in the middle of working. Thanks, MS.

Argh, I just wanted to vent. Post whatever, doesn't have to be computer stuff.
2008-04-30, 9:09 AM #2
That and sites that have music and no obvious way to turn it off. Oh, and the entire game and movie industry that feels obliged to make craptacualr flash sites for every thing they do.
2008-04-30, 10:13 AM #3
Kirby.
nope.
2008-04-30, 10:14 AM #4
browsers that have auto-image resize
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2008-04-30, 10:15 AM #5
Originally posted by Baconfish:
Kirby.

Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2008-04-30, 10:16 AM #6
the french

Originally posted by genk:
browsers that have auto-image resize

this too... any way to turn it off in firefox?
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2008-04-30, 10:20 AM #7
This guy, from the original Mega Man game: [http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v308/Echoness101/bbad101.gif]

What a dick. If there was one video game enemy that has ever induced so much anger in my childhood, you are looking at him right now. The original Mega Man game for the NES was hard as hell when I played it as a child, but this one-eyed piece of s**t brought it to a whole new level. These massive jackasses hop around the screen like it no ones business, but to add to that, it did massive damage when it's fat, deformed robot body made contact with you. There was a point in the game where there were three of these f**ks in a row just to boil your piss, I mean, goddamn. Hell, they were worse in the Game Boy edition of the game because, due to a smaller resolution, these ugly s***balls took around 20% of the screen. Years later I realized you could damage them by shooting these guys when they are moving in the air. But they are completely invulnerable when they stand still? Why? What logic is that? But here's the cherry on sundae, these red colossal c**ks don't jump in regular patterns. No, sometimes they tease you by making you think you can run right under them during the next hop, but whoopie do, they just hit you with a face full of metal pogo foot.

I mean, let's think about this for a moment. Why give this design for an enemy robot? Why give it such a bulky physical body when it's primary function is just hop around all day? Is the body housing projectile weapons or give it unusual feats of mobility? No, I'll tell you why it's shaped like that; these things were specifically designed to be as*holes. It's suppose to be big and attention whoring just to be piss people off. On top of that, let's make them distinctively an eyesore (no pun intended) so it can churn hatred at first sight.

F*** 'em.

whew, was holding this in for years.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2008-04-30, 11:25 AM #8
Guitar Hero. Also, Rockband. Also, people who take games too seriously (people in TF2, CS, ect ect).

Bringing up games that really REALLY piss someone off... Battletoads and Battlemaniacs... SNES. Level 4. The speedbike level. UNBEATABLE without playing the rom. If you are using the actual console and stock controllers, its not possible.

Only pic i could find:
[http://thumbnail.search.aolcdn.com/truveo/images/thumbnails/49/25/492510EF66142D.jpg]
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2008-04-30, 11:52 AM #9
Huge great chunks of Mega Man 2 on the NES were impossible. I'm looking at you Flashman's level.
2008-04-30, 11:57 AM #10
:(
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2008-04-30, 12:10 PM #11
Originally posted by JediKirby:
:(

Tis a joke, I wouldn't trade you for any other icon midget for all the money in the world.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2008-04-30, 12:12 PM #12
This guy, from the camhoes thread: [IMAGE OF MASSASSIAN YOU DISLIKE]

I mean, let's think about this for a moment. Why give it such a bulky physical body when it's primary function is just hop around all day? Is the body housing projectile weapons or give it unusual feats of mobility? No, I'll tell you why it's shaped like that; these things were specifically designed to be as*holes. It's suppose to be big and attention whoring just to be piss people off. On top of that, let's make them distinctively an eyesore (no pun intended) so it can churn hatred at first sight.

F*** 'em.

whew, was holding this in for years.
2008-04-30, 12:34 PM #13
Originally posted by KOP_AoEJedi:
Guitar Hero. Also, Rockband. Also, people who take games too seriously (people in TF2, CS, ect ect).

Bringing up games that really REALLY piss someone off... Battletoads and Battlemaniacs... SNES. Level 4. The speedbike level. UNBEATABLE without playing the rom. If you are using the actual console and stock controllers, its not possible.

Only pic i could find:
[http://thumbnail.search.aolcdn.com/truveo/images/thumbnails/49/25/492510EF66142D.jpg]

That's why you take the warp in the first speedbike level.

Also, I hate those little card things that fall out of magazines. HATE.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2008-04-30, 12:41 PM #14
Chinese Male/Female Genetaillia :argh:
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2008-04-30, 1:00 PM #15
Originally posted by Freelancer:
Also, I hate those little card things that fall out of magazines. HATE.

Yes. I especially hate it when they're glued right into the seam, so they screw up your page turning even if you rip them out.
2008-04-30, 1:16 PM #16
Originally posted by Ruthven:

Look for an adam's apple next time, they say hands are also a giveaway.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2008-04-30, 1:47 PM #17
Originally posted by Krokodile:
Look for an adam's apple next time, they say hands are also a giveaway.

hmmmm....
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2008-04-30, 7:16 PM #18
Customers who don't make eye contact with you throughout the entire transaction. Seriously, could you not just look me in the eye and say "thank you" after I've served you? Jesus.
2008-04-30, 7:39 PM #19
Originally posted by Ruthven:

What's wrong with the female junk? :hist101:
DO NOT WANT.
2008-04-30, 7:50 PM #20
Originally posted by LividDK27:
Customers who don't make eye contact with you throughout the entire transaction. Seriously, could you not just look me in the eye and say "thank you" after I've served you? Jesus.

Some people are shy.
2008-04-30, 8:03 PM #21
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
Some people are shy.

It still pisses anybody who's worked in the business off. I know a lot of snooty customers used to look above me the entire time while I served them, and talked in a horribly superior tone, and while they complained at the littlest thing didn't even bother with a "thank you".
D E A T H
2008-04-30, 8:03 PM #22
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
Some people are shy.

Sorry, should've clarified. I work in a bar, I see a few shy people. You can generally pick those people out of the crowd. I'm talking about the people who act like there are far more important things in the room that they should be looking at when they reach out for their change.

Actually, on that note, people who pay for stuff by putting their money on the bar. I don't have a contagious disease, and I don't want to be scraping up your 20 pence pieces when you pay for a drink, ok?

I may be in a bad mood after tonight's football result.
2008-04-30, 8:22 PM #23
Originally posted by DrkJedi82:
this too... any way to turn it off in firefox?

about:config
"browser.enable_automatic_image_resizing"
set the value to False
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2008-04-30, 8:35 PM #24
Originally posted by KOP_AoEJedi:

Bringing up games that really REALLY piss someone off... Battletoads and Battlemaniacs... SNES. Level 4. The speedbike level. UNBEATABLE without playing the rom. If you are using the actual console and stock controllers, its not possible. ]

****ing casuals
:master::master::master:
2008-05-01, 4:31 AM #25
Originally posted by LividDK27:
Actually, on that note, people who pay for stuff by putting their money on the bar. I don't have a contagious disease, and I don't want to be scraping up your 20 pence pieces when you pay for a drink, ok?

God damn I hated that. I cleaned my hands regularly because I was often handling newspapers and then handling sweets, so I'd need to get the print off my fingers. With some customers you'd put your hand out and they'd still slide the coins on the counter under your hand.
The film Clerks is scarily real in places. The milk maids in particular was a frequent one. I used to use that "there's better stuff at the back" mentality to get rid of the torn up newspapers. Put a crap paper just behind a pristine one and some mug will still pick up the crap one.
2008-05-01, 5:33 AM #26
Originally posted by Aglar:
Here's mine:
I also can't ****ing stand windows and dialogs that pop up and steal focus.

This drives me absolutely ****ing mental. I can think of no earthly reason that should ever EVER justify a window jumping to the front. Surely the fact that you're working in another window and not just waiting for that to load shows that YOU'VE GOT MORE IMPORTANT THINGS TO BE GETTING ON WITH. ARGH.

Livid - I'm sorry man, I so wanted you guys to get through. I don't think I'm even gonna watch the final now, what a waste.
<spe> maevie - proving dykes can't fly

<Dor> You're levelling up and gaining more polys!
2008-05-01, 7:01 AM #27
What posts 1 and 2 said.

Also, people who have no tolerance of (or make fun of) stupid people. I'm not talking about the sort of stupid people who are stupid by choice, but are just not as knowledgeable, intelligent, witty, etc. and yet are railed on when they ask a "stupid question" or honestly try to work and do something stupid.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2008-05-01, 7:25 AM #28
Originally posted by maevie:
Livid - I'm sorry man, I so wanted you guys to get through. I don't think I'm even gonna watch the final now, what a waste.

Ugh, tell me about it. The only way I can be remotely happy with this season is if the team that wins the Premiership loses in the Champions League final; I don't want either United or Chelsea getting a double. Don't know whether I should be happy Babel made it a closer game by scoring or hate him for giving me hope of a last minute come back. God bless Torres, though. The kid looked positively upset on the bench when it first looked like we were going out.
2008-05-01, 7:39 AM #29
Originally posted by Gebohq:
What posts 1 and 2 said.

Also, people who have no tolerance of (or make fun of) stupid people. I'm not talking about the sort of stupid people who are stupid by choice, but are just not as knowledgeable, intelligent, witty, etc. and yet are railed on when they ask a "stupid question" or honestly try to work and do something stupid.

That, or people who think just because they are an expert on one subject, they know everything about everything. People in the car world are like that, just because someone knows a lot about a domestic V8s doesn't mean they know squat about import 4s, or vice versa. Typically punk kids.
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2008-05-01, 9:04 AM #30
Originally posted by Martyn:
Huge great chunks of Mega Man 2 on the NES were impossible. I'm looking at you Flashman's level.

I hated all the jumping puzzles in every Megaman game.
HOWEVER, Mega Man 2 was my favorite game for the NES and I played it so many times as a kid that I can now beat it without dying except on the part in Wily's castle with the autogun turrets behind the brick walls you need crash gun to break.

Even when I first started the game Flashman was the first boss I beat because all of his baddies are immune to most everything but the regular beam. Flashman himself is easy peasy, time his stopper and jump at the right moment then jump right over him.
2008-05-01, 9:16 AM #31
Originally posted by maevie:
This drives me absolutely ****ing mental. I can think of no earthly reason that should ever EVER justify a window jumping to the front. Surely the fact that you're working in another window and not just waiting for that to load shows that YOU'VE GOT MORE IMPORTANT THINGS TO BE GETTING ON WITH. ARGH.

This Wikipedia article links to a couple of fixes that are supposed to help, worth a shot:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Focus_stealing

It's funny how you can live with something for so long and then all of a sudden realize "this is really annoying, someone else must have come up with a solution for this by now".
2008-05-01, 9:46 AM #32
Originally posted by Duo Maxwell:
Even when I first started the game Flashman was the first boss I beat because all of his baddies are immune to most everything but the regular beam. Flashman himself is easy peasy, time his stopper and jump at the right moment then jump right over him.

It wasn't Flashman himself, it was his ridiculous level you could only beat by trial and error...
2008-05-01, 10:03 AM #33
Mega Man NES games always had some questionable game design issues. Personally, I thought Heatman's stage was more "unfair" than Flashman's stage. All those stupid blocks that appear and disappear at regular intervals. There were times when you had to jump straight up at a precise moment otherwise the block would appear right above your head and you get screwed with no where to go to.

I mean, how would you know that during your first runs?

And yes, the stage in Wily's castle (MM2) with the boss composed of guns is probably the most unfair moment in Mega Man gaming I ever seen. What if you used just one Clashman weapon before you entered the fight? Well, guess what, you're SCREWED. Still, I liked the game despite some horrible game design issues.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2008-05-01, 10:03 AM #34
I get annoyed when my friends just won't leave me alone when I'm having a bad day. I sometimes just want some space!
Sneaky sneaks. I'm actually a werewolf. Woof.
2008-05-01, 10:32 AM #35
Originally posted by Gebohq:
What posts 1 and 2 said.

It's a shame that these "stupid people" you are defending are also most often the laziest people around
2008-05-01, 10:47 AM #36
I think he is more referring to when people who just don't know about a certain subject, while someone else does, ask a question or make a comment and get belittled for not knowing every detail of that subject. I agree.
Warhead[97]
2008-05-01, 11:05 AM #37
Pretty much everyone that drives.

I'm a pretty easy going guy, but I turn into a real ******* when I'm driving, I don't know why. I want people to move their ***, I have places to be, things to do. People driving the speed limit or below it, waiting 3-5 seconds after a light turns to start driving, not turning right at a red light (it's legal, there's no traffic, move your ***).

I love driving, I love moving. The concept of people not moving angers me.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2008-05-01, 11:07 AM #38
**** you, because I wait 2 seconds at every light on my bike BECAUSE PEOPLE LIKE YOU MAKE LATE TURNS AND I DON'T WANT TO GET NAILED BY SOME STUPID *** IN AN UNECESSARY HURRY
2008-05-01, 11:08 AM #39
So many to choose from... but at the moment I'm really irritated at waking up at 4 AM to freaking annoying bird singing. Or 5 AM. Or 3. Or 3:49:29.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2008-05-01, 11:18 AM #40
Originally posted by FastGamerr:
So many to choose from... but at the moment I'm really irritated at waking up at 4 AM to freaking annoying bird singing. Or 5 AM. Or 3. Or 3:49:29.

YES! Every year when spring starts I realize I've forgotten how annoying birds are in the morning, and how damned early they start chirping.

↑ Up to the top!