Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Game Validation = Fail!
Game Validation = Fail!
2008-05-10, 9:45 AM #81
Penny Arcade:
Attachment: 19276/20080509.jpg (104,803 bytes)
Naked Feet are Happy Feet
:omgkroko:
2008-05-10, 4:13 PM #82
So wait, if I understand this right, when (not if) maxis stops supporting spore, basically anyone that bought spore will no longer be able to play it? Wow, that is extremely retarded, where would starcraft be if blizzard took a similar route (it is STILL selling).

I just can believe they would implement a system this retarded, they might as well require activation every 10 sec., it will be just as annoying and destructive to them.
:) ;) :) ;) :) ;) :) ;) :) ;) :) ;) Im Happy
2008-05-10, 4:18 PM #83
I'd imagine they'd have released a patch to disable verification if it got to that point. Isn't Valve promising the same kind of resolution with Steam games if they were to go out of business? Not like it makes any difference now, I guess, as I understand the whole idea has been scrapped.
2008-05-10, 4:33 PM #84
The problem is in their EULA Valve has stated they aren't obligated to release any code to make it so you can play your games without Steam.
2008-05-10, 5:34 PM #85
We have promises from most of the top HL2 devs that if steam ever fails they will give out the decrypts
Even if they don't, you can find a non-steam HL2 on teh netz already.
2008-05-10, 5:42 PM #86
Originally posted by Tiberium_Empire:
We have promises from most of the top HL2 devs

Doesn't mean anything.

THEY ARE NOT LEGALY OBLIGATED TO PROVIDE YOU WITH ANY OF THE GAMES YOU HAVE BOUGHT IF THEY GO UNDER.

It's un the End User License Agreement, WHICH YOU AGREE TO by using the software.
2008-05-10, 5:51 PM #87
Well so what?
Either they do or they don't, and it doesn't look like steam is going down anytime soon anyway.

↑ Up to the top!