Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
2008-05-27, 4:19 PM #81
I guess people just feel they were better executed in the other films.
2008-05-29, 7:24 AM #82
Originally posted by SAJN:
As much as this is going to make people angry, as long as they make it a SPINOFF movie/series with LaBeouf and not an official Indiana Jones sequel, I am totally fine with that. I enjoyed the Young Indiana Jones films, and I wouldn't mind more Indiana Jones related films, but as for OFFICIAL Indiana Jones films, leave them to Ford and Spielberg.

I'm fairly certain that they'd make a "hilarious" slapstick comedy out of the entire thing. An hour and 45 minutes of Shia LaBeouf slipping over and getting hit in the crotch with cactus-like plants at 50 miles an hour. Wait a minute...

Kidding aside, I thought Shia did a good job. I also really, really enjoyed the film. A very good friend of mine told me it sucked the day before I went to see it, and since we usually agree on these things I was incredibly worried (she also loves the first three films). I think that kind of spoiled the opening for me a bit since I wasn't immediately impressed by the film (which is unfair to it, I know), although I liked the old style opening credits. After about 5/10 minutes though, when the Indy feeling started to shine through, I found myself having a great time. The shot of the alien spaceship was fairly silly, and did drag the film down a bit in my opinion. I didn't really mind the CGI aliens , even the live one, but the spaceship was just too over-the-top in my opinion. Liked the ending with the hat, too.

Also, I need a wallpaper of Indy looking at the mushroom cloud . That was intense.
2008-05-29, 8:11 AM #83
Yeah I can't wait until the DVD is out so I can make that my desktop too.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2008-05-29, 8:26 AM #84
i loved how they included opening credits on this one

wonderful idea
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!

↑ Up to the top!