Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Traffic LAWS! - Which do you break the most?
Traffic LAWS! - Which do you break the most?
2008-06-26, 10:52 AM #1
Everyone breaks traffic laws now and then, lets see how many people here break what.
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2008-06-26, 10:53 AM #2
I don't think I've willingly driven the speed limit since I've gotten my license.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2008-06-26, 10:55 AM #3
I've started driving the limit to save on gas more... but im typically 5 over anyways. I RARELY stop at a stop sign unless there is actually traffic approaching. I think its stupid to come to a 3 second stop at a ghost town intersection.
2008-06-26, 10:58 AM #4
Originally posted by KOP_AoEJedi:
I RARELY stop at a stop sign unless there is actually traffic approaching. I think its stupid to come to a 3 second stop at a ghost town intersection.

Have fun with that.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2008-06-26, 11:01 AM #5
gotta go over 65 on the highway just to keep up with traffic.
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2008-06-26, 11:06 AM #6
Speed limits. I don't break any of the others.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2008-06-26, 11:09 AM #7
Originally posted by Michael MacFarlane:
Speed limits. I don't break any of the others.

twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2008-06-26, 11:10 AM #8
I'm a square. I don't break any, including speed limits. That might change when I get my motorcycle.
2008-06-26, 11:11 AM #9
I hover around the speed limit and tend to go over if I'm concentrating on the road.

Also, INB4ROBS*****ING.
nope.
2008-06-26, 11:12 AM #10
I don't. Speeding is for people who have too much money.

(I get 65 miles per gallon driving at 70mph)
2008-06-26, 11:15 AM #11
Originally posted by Martyn:
I don't. Speeding is for people who have too much money.

(I get 65 miles per gallon driving at 70mph)

Hopefully thats on a bike?
2008-06-26, 11:23 AM #12
If by "rolling" at a stop sign you mean slowing to ~5mph and then going, then yeah I'm really bad with that. If you mean speeding right through and not stopping, then hell no, that's asking for trouble.

I've only ran a red light twice in my whole life, and both times were accidental (wasn't paying as much attention as I should have).

Speeding, by the letter of the law I certainly do, in some areas more than others. The highway I usually stay pretty close to the limit because it doesn't really matter and saves gas. On some roads though, it's like 25mph speed limit when it should be closer to 45. Who the hell puts 25mph on a 2 mile straightaway with no houses, no intersections, and wide lanes.
2008-06-26, 11:25 AM #13
Originally posted by Cool Matty:
Who the hell puts 25mph on a 2 mile straightaway with no houses, no intersections, and wide lanes.

An engineer.
2008-06-26, 11:52 AM #14
I break all of them, but speeding the most.
Naked Feet are Happy Feet
:omgkroko:
2008-06-26, 12:09 PM #15
Hopefully thats on a bike?

Errr no.

It's in my car. Seat Ibiza 1.9 Turbo Diesel.
2008-06-26, 12:42 PM #16
I like how this is an open poll. This'll make a nice addition to whatever files the Feds have on you!
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2008-06-26, 12:45 PM #17
Speeding (on the freeway).. I just can't help it. And I usually only wear my seat-belt on the freeway.. at least that's the only time I feel it's totally necessary. I think it's stupid it's a law to wear it but yet, here in Ohio you don't have to wear a helmet on a motorcycle..
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2008-06-26, 12:46 PM #18
The federal government isn't interested in traffic violations.

The local government is too lazy to use internets to bust violaters.
2008-06-26, 12:47 PM #19
Originally posted by Z@NARDI:
Speeding (on the freeway).. I just can't help it. And I usually only wear my seat-belt on the freeway.. at least that's the only time I feel it's totally necessary. I think it's stupid it's a law to wear it but yet, here in Ohio you don't have to wear a helmet on a motorcycle..

You know, I used to think seatbelts were stupid.

Then a friend of mine had to make a hard stop at about 15 mph, and I face planted so hard into the windshield I almost broke my nose.
2008-06-26, 12:50 PM #20
Speed limits. NH has a 'reasonable and prudent' clause in the speed law- the only absolute limit is 65mph on the interstate.
woot!
2008-06-26, 12:51 PM #21
Originally posted by Martyn:
Errr no.

It's in my car. Seat Ibiza 1.9 Turbo Diesel.

I want one now...

Yeah 'rolling' is basically what you said ~5mph approach then proceed if no other traffic is around. Blasting through it would not only be retarded, but insanely scary!

I also cannot ride in a car without my seatbelt... it just FEELS wrong.
2008-06-26, 12:53 PM #22
Diesel is like $4.50/gal

FYI
2008-06-26, 12:55 PM #23
Yeah, but I have to use Premium which is $4.20 here right now...

my car = 30ish MPG @ 4.20
his car = 65ish MPG @ 4.60 (diesel here)

I think it would be worth it.
2008-06-26, 12:57 PM #24
It doesnt really bother me to put on a seatbelt.

I speed occasionally, but with all the deer up here id rather go the speed limit cause it makes it somewhat easier to watch out for them.
Deer are ****ing stupid.
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2008-06-26, 1:02 PM #25
Yeah, but I have to use Premium which is $4.20 here right now...

You probably don't.
2008-06-26, 1:03 PM #26
****ing deer.

i once was going ~25 in a snowstorm and came across a deer convention in the middle the road. ended up doing a 540, while the deer scattered. it was :awesome: and :gonk: at the same time.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2008-06-26, 1:04 PM #27
Originally posted by Rob:
Diesel is like $4.50/gal

FYI

Diesel is like $9.85/gallon for Martyn.

:P
nope.
2008-06-26, 1:15 PM #28
I never break any of them on purpose. In fact, I can't recall a time I've broken any but the speed limit one, and that only occasionally on the highway when I have it floored to go up a hill and it levels out.
Warhead[97]
2008-06-26, 1:58 PM #29
Jay walking.
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2008-06-26, 2:03 PM #30
Noel walking.
2008-06-26, 2:09 PM #31
You probably don't.

Yeahhh I'm almost positive when the manufacturers specify premium fuels they typically mean it.
2008-06-26, 2:18 PM #32
Yeahhh I'm almost positive when the manufacturers specify premium fuels they typically mean it.

Do you know what the difference is between octane ratings? Do you even know what an octane rating is?
2008-06-26, 2:31 PM #33
Originally posted by BobTheMasher:
I never break any of them on purpose. In fact, I can't recall a time I've broken any but the speed limit one, and that only occasionally on the highway when I have it floored to go up a hill and it levels out.

You mean to tell me you actually come to a full and complete stop at every stop sign? Someone follow Bob around and video tape him, I refuse to believe that. Even 80 year old grandpas with stuck turn signals don't do that.
2008-06-26, 2:55 PM #34
Do you know what the difference is between octane ratings? Do you even know what an octane rating is?

I actually do. But by all means if you ever get a motor that requires 91+ octane, be sure to put 87 in it always...
2008-06-26, 3:06 PM #35
You obviously don't know the difference, or how big of a difference it makes.

Hint: None

The only way a lower octane fuel would be bad for a motor is if one of the following scenarios exist:

• You run your car way too ****ing hard, stop
  • You have carbon build up
  • Your car isn't fuel injected, and you need to manually adjust your timing or carb stuffs
  • You own a ferrari that runs on jet fuel

Pings and knocks are caused by preignition of the fuel entering the cylinder during the compression cycle due to a high ambient temperature or poor timing. If your car is fuel injected this isn't a problem, like hardly ever.

Contrary to what you maybe believe, high grade fuel doesn't contain anything that other grades of fuel have that would assist in lubrication. It is just ever so slightly less flammable.

There is no benefit to running a higher octane fuel, especially because consumer fuels offer little in the way of actual difference. You probably do alot of other things to your car that are far worse that your manufacturer doesn't want you doing.
2008-06-26, 3:19 PM #36
You obviously don't know the difference, or how big of a difference it makes.

Hint: None

The only way a lower octane fuel would be bad for a motor is if one of the following scenarios exist:

• You run your car way too ****ing hard, stop
  • You have carbon build up
  • Your car isn't fuel injected, and you need to manually adjust your timing or carb stuffs
  • You own a ferrari that runs on jet fuel

Pings and knocks are caused by preignition of the fuel entering the cylinder during the compression cycle due to a high ambient temperature or poor timing. If your car is fuel injected this isn't a problem, like hardly ever.

Contrary to what you maybe believe, high grade fuel doesn't contain anything that other grades of fuel have that would assist in lubrication. It is just ever so slightly less flammable.

There is no benefit to running a higher octane fuel, especially because consumer fuels offer little in the way of actual difference. You probably do alot of other things to your car that are far worse that your manufacturer doesn't want you doing.

You're forgetting about us turbo guys. Ever try running crappy fuel in a turbocharged engine? It'll run...sort of.
woot!
2008-06-26, 3:32 PM #37
Doesn't that qualify under tunning your car way too ****ing hard? :P
2008-06-26, 3:39 PM #38
Anyone who doesn't wear a seat belt is a moron.

Pissed Off?
2008-06-26, 3:40 PM #39
Doesn't that qualify under tunning your car way too ****ing hard? :P

No, it doesn't.
woot!
2008-06-26, 3:43 PM #40
this is the summary of what I said during those two middle videos:

Oh ouc--- OH WHAT --- Is that a body? *slam* Oh that suck--- HOLY ****
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.

↑ Up to the top!