Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Something has been brought to my attention, I thought I would share...
Something has been brought to my attention, I thought I would share...
2004-08-12, 9:12 PM #41
How about we just let the admins do their job the way they want to? They're the ones in charge afterall. I mean, being wrongly banned is awful, but it's not like it's the end of the world or anything.

[edit] If I ever got banned, I'd just spam Dave's forums even more [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
When guitars are outlawed, only outlaws will have guitars.

[This message has been edited by MaD CoW (edited August 13, 2004).]
2004-08-12, 9:16 PM #42
I'd like an answer to the following questions please.

1.) Why is it that a few admins that dislike me can get me permabanned for 'making massassi an un-pleasent place' but other members get off the leash easier?

2.) What will be done about the admins? Why do they still have their jobs? It's OBVIOUS that many of the admins are biased, so why is NOTHING being done?

Many people in this thread have already said that they agree with me, a staff member even e-mailed me because he to is getting sick of the way things go around here. People are leaving because of it. I am not leaving until this gets resolved. That's the main reason I am sticking around here. I'd just like a GOOD STAFF. Is that TOO much to ask for?

------------------
(>º_º)> ±h³ ѳv³®-£ⁿd¡תּ9 §±ºr¥ <(º_º<) | (>º_º)> תּℓζ ШǿѓЖ§|-Юρ <(º_º<)
Think while it's still legal.
2004-08-12, 9:17 PM #43
Good staff? Good god. See my previous post.

------------------
jEDIkIRBY - Putting the Romance back into Necromancer.
Proud Leader of the Minnessassian Council

Live on, Adam.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-08-12, 9:20 PM #44
I'm pretty sure Brian should read this, but it's impossible to contact him. I'd like to see what he thinks of the matter.

------------------
2004-08-12, 9:23 PM #45
My mistake. I found that thread (it's from July third, for God's sake), and it's not half of what you make it out to be. If you want to talk more, email me in my profile and we'll talk and maybe I can explain things, but I've wasted enough time on what is basically a non-issue. Good night.

I'd suggest dropping it. Strongly. Email me and I think you'll understand why, Sajn. Case closed. The end.

But seriously. Email me.

I mean email me and put a sock in it until I get back to you. 10 or 12 hours. That's all. Just wait it out. Trust me.

God I'm tired.

------------------
"Look at me! I'm Tracer! BLAHBLAHBLAH!"

-MBeggar

[This message has been edited by Tracer (edited August 13, 2004).]

COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2004-08-12, 9:29 PM #46
Alright, I'll wait just for Tracer. But I'd still like those 2 questions answered by someone if possible. :|

------------------
2004-08-12, 9:31 PM #47
[http://sine.geekvision.net/forum.jpg]

Am I missing something?

... Anyway, SAJN, I will be the first to admit that I do not like you in the least. If I am "biased" for finding your antics or your whining (as the case may be) intensely annoying, so be it.

But please, let's put that beside us for one moment while I say one last thing:

You are not persecuted. You have never been the only one on the banlist, so you have not been singled out. But Massassi is not a democracy and it does not have a constitution, so any rights you may think you have to do this or that, or demand this or that, are merely Brian's whims. Yes, we have rules, but you're a little out of line posting a ****ing petition like anyone is obligated to take it seriously. Or not ban you for it.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">so why is NOTHING being done?</font>

And seriously, what posesses anyone to take a casual internet discussion forum so goddamn seriously? It's absurd, and I suspect the problems you have with Ubuu would cease in an instant if you were to take them much less so. I suggest you try - otherwise, you're going to have more serious problems on your hands. I'm getting tired of this.

[This message has been edited by Sine Nomen (edited August 13, 2004).]
A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.

A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.

art
2004-08-12, 9:32 PM #48
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SAJN_Master:
1.) Why is it that a few admins that dislike me can get me permabanned for 'making massassi an un-pleasent place' but other members get off the leash easier?

2.) What will be done about the admins? Why do they still have their jobs? It's OBVIOUS that many of the admins are biased, so why is NOTHING being done?
</font>

Not about you at all, is it?

Seriously, any other time I'd be with you SAJN, you know that. I just can't see anything good or correct here.

JediKirby

------------------
jEDIkIRBY - Putting the Romance back into Necromancer.
Proud Leader of the Minnessassian Council

Live on, Adam.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-08-12, 9:43 PM #49
You know what i think is funny? you linking to all these cases where ubuu is breaking the rules, and yet i see you with your posts only having "[Edited: ]" in them, clearly showing you said something that was out of line, also based on the posts after it. I belive there was a thread a short while back where i saw every single one of your 8 or more posts have the "[Edited: ]" thing. ive seen it in other places like about a fourth of all the threads you post in.

At least ubuu has the balls to not edit all his rule breaking posts. Lieing about them by covering them up is worse.

im not even looking at this thread after i post this, i just posted what i think. so dont even comment on it if it's a comment you think im gonna see, or want to respond to.

------------------
There are two asses in Massassi... and I'm one of them.
The Matrix Unplugged|My Portfolio|My Levels
2004-08-12, 9:56 PM #50
Fine, I'll respond for everyone else. That was one thread. The reason for me editing all my posts was for the sake of the thread started. I realized it was my fault for swaying the thread off course so out of curtosy I edited all of my posts so the thread could resume on topic.

------------------
(>º_º)> ±h³ ѳv³®-£ⁿd¡תּ9 §±ºr¥ <(º_º< ) | (>º_º)> תּℓζ ШǿѓЖ§|-Юρ <(º_º< )

[This message has been edited by SAJN_Master (edited August 13, 2004).]
2004-08-12, 9:57 PM #51
After reading enough of this to get the gist of things, I have this to say:

This entire thread is ridiculous. Whatever rivalry or whatever it is that is between Ubuu and SAJN is ridiculous. All this "biased admin" stuff is pointless, because this place isn't the U.S.A. You don't have the right to anything, and the admins will run things as they see fit. You don't agree with it, then that's your problem. Leave if it's that big of a deal to you.

As to this thread in particular, it is also pointless. If you want problems to go away, then stop prolonging them by bringing them up time and again. Cut the other members of this forum a break and just let this thread die. It's not doing anyone any good.

------------------
"B-but why is the rum gone?!" - Captain Jack Sparrow
2004-08-12, 11:20 PM #52
Ok, so, none of those quotes are from me but I still didn't agree with any kind of permaban for ubuu and I gave my reasons in the last thread we had about this and I'm not re-typing out all that again.

None of what was said in that admin thread particularly bothered me as it's not a public forum and I personally like to know where each of the other admins honestly stands.

Just like I wish whoever decided to 'leak' this for some 'controversy fun' had openly expressed themselves there first as, really, I don't see how this makes anything better. But hey, drama is good for the ratings.

------------------
Cantina Cloud | BCF | The Massassian 1, 2 & 3 | Gonk WoW Petition <- SIGN!
Corrupting the kiddies since '97
2004-08-12, 11:22 PM #53
Other people suck, but I'm awesome.
2004-08-13, 12:29 AM #54
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SAJN_Master:
Many people in this thread have already said that they agree with me,</font>

Many people on this forum have already agreed that you suck.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">a staff member even e-mailed me because he to is getting sick of the way things go around here.</font>

Every IRC channel related in some way to the Jedi Knight series is rife with discussion about how much you suck, in which specific areas you suck and how to keep your sucking off of the forums.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">People are leaving because of it.</font>

People will probably leave because of it.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I am not leaving until this gets resolved. That's the main reason I am sticking around here. I'd just like a GOOD STAFF. Is that TOO much to ask for?</font>

Christ. Just go away. I consider the overwhelming majority of admins my personal friends and I think they're doing a much better job running the forums than you do posting on it. Beat it.
2004-08-13, 12:49 AM #55
[http://myweb.cableone.net/alberts/crybaby.gif]

Uh, I really don't have any opinion on the matter or anything, but this is my initial reaction to the thread, and I really wanted to draw it.

------------------
WOOSH|-----@%
Warhead[97]
2004-08-13, 1:38 AM #56
Just give me the rights to administrate, I'll fix things up.

------------------
<landfish> FastGamerr > Satan
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2004-08-13, 1:50 AM #57
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by FastGamerr:
Just give me the rights to administrate, I'll fix things up.</font>

That'd be like opening the gates of hell and slowly pushing Massassi into its fiery bowels.

------------------
Roach - Gyring and gimbling in the wabe...
0 of 14.
omnia mea mecum porto
2004-08-13, 2:10 AM #58
It's for your own good, trust me.

------------------
<landfish> FastGamerr > Satan
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2004-08-13, 2:21 AM #59
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Roach:
That'd be like opening the gates of hell and slowly pushing Massassi into its fiery bowels.

</font>

Haha! So true. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
If you can read this, you need better glasses.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2004-08-13, 2:53 AM #60
SAJN, you sppear to be the only person breaking the rules here... If that wasn't a personal attack on Ubuu I don't know what is.

I really don't understand what you're trying to achieve here. Are you trying to get Ubuu banned? IMHO, you're blowing this whole thing out of proportion. You got permabanned ages ago. Most of the staff members were different.

I think you just need to live and let live. By doing this you're causing more problems than you're solving.

------------------
WARNING: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF PEANUT!
-----@%
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2004-08-13, 4:53 AM #61
*signerates*

Glyde Bane

[EDIT: I feel like the little retard kid in the corner. Nothing has ever happened to me, and no one has ever directed any insults to me, so this place is just like any other IMO [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif] But I whole hartedly agree with SAJN, even though I'm too lazy to go off quoting the people in this thread ALONE that they insulted him for no reason at all. I kinda know how SAJN feels about the chatroom thing. More than once I've entered the chatroom and ubuu all of a sudden started insulting random people (including me and SAJN) for no reason. Most of the time I don't respond though, and he shuts up.]

------------------
"Dalton, that pie just moved of it's own accord."

"You must be mistaken, Tess. A pie can't move."

[This message has been edited by Glyde Bane (edited August 13, 2004).]
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2004-08-13, 5:10 AM #62
One thing he doesn't know is, our so called "corrupt" admins/ops have banned me more then anyone.

kak and Sine's bans on my account for more then 45% of my bans. On another note, I am being put in a terrible light. 3 years ago, ya I think you could make all these arguments, but not now.

By the way SAJN, I have been klined, ip banned, and had numerous nicks banned, dont give me this **** about me being favoured. I have logs of Sine and I bickering...unfortunatley they are on my crashed HDD.

------------------
In Tribute to Adam Sliger. Rest in Peace

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-08-13, 5:19 AM #63
Why the hell do you make threads like this so often? OHS NOS THE ADMINS ARE BIAS! Do you have like some kind of *****ing quota to meet? It's like every single one of these threads is done by you and you are always trying to get someone banned.

What the hell is wrong with you?

------------------
"She turned me into a newt!"
Pause
"Well I got better..."
"She turned me into a newt!"
Pause
"Well I got better..."
2004-08-13, 5:37 AM #64
Can't we all just...get along???

Trying to remember what movie that was from. Ahh, pearls before swine...*mutter*
The Last True Evil - consistent nobody in the Discussion Forum since 1998
2004-08-13, 5:51 AM #65
I'd just like to point out that the Chat is a seperate entity from the forums.
Ban here does not equal a ban in the chat.

------------------
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2004-08-13, 6:00 AM #66
I hate this thread.

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)

---------@%

The Massassi JO/JA Single Player contest info (or something of this matter. Just smile.)
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-08-13, 6:14 AM #67
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jEDIkIRBY:
That's why I can't convince myself that Ubuu should be banned from #Massassi, either. Any time Ubuu's done something, I and other members have only acted back in the same, if not worse fashion. Thus, if Ubuu is banned, you and I join him.

</font>

I give my kudos to you Kirby. Many many many many kudos. I think you are the first one who has ever admitted that, and for that, you get my kudos.

------------------
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2004-08-13, 6:14 AM #68
Good point MB.

Also...I have access to the staff forum...odd I havent seen any of these threads about me [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]

------------------

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-08-13, 6:18 AM #69
Woah...I didn't even see that line...
Ya...um..Kirby...don't know what to say.

------------------

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-08-13, 6:28 AM #70
I really don't know how you can say some admins are "out to get you", because they could've banned you legitimately months ago. Just let it go, man.

------------------
Some of you should learn to think a bit and discover - *gasp* - that someone can dislike Michael Moore, Kerry, and Bush!
-Wolfy
2004-08-13, 7:08 AM #71
My issue is completely with tracer. I'll point out that earlier in this thread he wrote "Oi vey." Anyone can plainly see this is a blatant attempt to corrupt impressionable minds. He is purposely trying to make the masses think that there are extra vowels in Yiddish, when there are not. I cannot idly stand and watch as this travesty gets ignored by his fellow administrators. I demand action!

------------------
Superstition brings bad luck.
-Raymond Smullyan, 5000B.C.
:master::master::master:
2004-08-13, 7:10 AM #72
Oh god, I was wondering when the next one of these ridiculous threads was going to pop up. It seems to be a bimonthly tradition for SAJN.

------------------
Have a good one,
Freelancer
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2004-08-13, 7:12 AM #73
Why the hell are people getting so upset about this, THIS IS THE INTERNET. THIS IS A MESSAGE FORUM. What people say here to me doesnt even matter, why? Because THIS IS A MESSAGE FORUM. Geeze. If someone wants to be a jerk on here, or get upset about something you say, that's their problem. Some people take the internet wayyyyyyy too seriously, and its kinda scary...and sad.
2004-08-13, 7:15 AM #74
Oh, going Nazi on us are you stat? I knew it all along.

As for my opinion, I've always found ubuu exceedingly easy to ignore. And if even that is impossible, mIRC actually has an "ignore" feature. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
Map-Review | My Portfolio | The Matrix: Unplugged

Banks and banks of humming machinery! I've never seen so many knobs. We're going to have to do something, Charlie! Try pushing that button there. No? How about that one? No, not that one either. I know! I'll try pushing this one. Hold my hat will you? Good fellow.

[This message has been edited by Thrawn42689 (edited August 13, 2004).]
2004-08-13, 7:15 AM #75
I don't think ubuu should be banned for being generally at a disposition with the thread creator... its an opinion

secondly I was banned on my last accoutn (snoopfighter2) for making fun of Sajn and MegaZZter when they posted there pictures saying that they looked like dorks... i didnt know i would be instantly banned but o well...

and lastly sajn you have pissed off way more people then ubuu with your smartass comments all the time. i guess you think its cool or w/e but now that ur narking and making a case against a member is really low on your part... this is not real life and has no affect on your 'real life' whatsoever... let the admins be the ones to point fingers not you

------------------
-if you don't know, then don't ask...
2004-08-13, 7:24 AM #76
Sine put it best. I've been saying the same thing for a while now, just not as opbviously. SAJN, you really need to stop letting somehting so petty get to you and you need to stop doing the things that get you labeled annoying an immature. Personally, I feel the same way that some of the admins around here do. Your antics, threads like this included, are utterly ridiculous and only dig you into a deeper hole. You are learning the hard way that your past behavior has consequences and you are having to deal with them. It suck for you, but you have no one to blame but yourself

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-08-13, 7:35 AM #77
SAJN: Here is a tip for you.

I was in the same boat once. Lay low for a while, dont say anything. If needed get a new alias and start a new. It worked for me, it may work for you...

------------------

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-08-13, 7:36 AM #78
I think you too just have something personal against each other. Some of those quotes might have been a little over bored, and I don't really agree with him, as he seems like kind of an eeliest atheist, but they don't seem bad enough to ban over. I'm sure that if we dredged up past and ancient history, we could find some over bored quotes for you too. Any one remember the "Non-debate threads"? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif] lol
2004-08-13, 7:42 AM #79
That's weird, most of my friends tell me I am overly catholic..but atheist never.

------------------

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-08-13, 7:45 AM #80
St. Ubuu, Patron Saint of RTFM and STFU

------------------
Superstition brings bad luck.
-Raymond Smullyan, 5000B.C.
:master::master::master:

↑ Up to the top!