Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Something has been brought to my attention, I thought I would share...
Something has been brought to my attention, I thought I would share...
2004-08-13, 2:44 PM #121
Wait a ****ing minute here. It's the internet. You're all retarded.
2004-08-13, 2:53 PM #122
Why hello, powertickle.

------------------
Map-Review | My Portfolio | The Matrix: Unplugged

Banks and banks of humming machinery! I've never seen so many knobs. We're going to have to do something, Charlie! Try pushing that button there. No? How about that one? No, not that one either. I know! I'll try pushing this one. Hold my hat will you? Good fellow.
2004-08-13, 2:55 PM #123
I dare you to find 10 people and 5 examples showing that I should be banned! It will be a better use of your time, and family fun for everyone.

------------------
WOOSH|-----@%
Warhead[97]
2004-08-13, 3:02 PM #124
How about this:
First, your username has "bob" in it.
To conclude, you should be banned.

The end.

------------------
For a healty meal, eat mashed potatoes, peas, and catloaf.
Massassi's cuttin' into my free time, man.
Valuable Life Lesson: Frog + Potato Gun = Blindness
Worship Examples - Christians' love for God should be seen and heard, not merely talked about. It is through actions that one is determined to be Christian, not through words. Words (and thoughts, as well) deceive even one's own self, but the heart speaks truth.

[This message has been edited by DogSRoOL (edited August 13, 2004).]
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-08-13, 3:04 PM #125
He's got you there, Bob.

------------------
WARNING: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF PEANUT!
-----@%
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2004-08-13, 3:38 PM #126
I see one..okay, 2 people, and only one example. Inconclusive evidence. BobTheMasher WINS. *fight/victory music*

------------------
WOOSH|-----@%
Warhead[97]
2004-08-13, 3:41 PM #127
Okie dok Brian.. Do your stuff! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]
2004-08-13, 3:42 PM #128
What stuff?

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)

---------@%

The Massassi JO/JA Single Player contest info (or something of this matter. Just smile.)
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-08-13, 4:41 PM #129
This thread is going no-where. I predict heavy stupidity or flame wars very soon.
2004-08-13, 5:07 PM #130
Personally I think if someone is this wrapped up in a message board...they really need to go outside for a few days.

------------------
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2004-08-13, 5:24 PM #131
1.) Wake up about 9:00am
2.) Shower, breakfast all that good stuff.
3.) Work from 10:00am - 6:00pm
4.) Got home to my happy kitty! Went to a friends around 7:00pm, 5 of us went to the golfing range.
5.) Hit golf balls until 9:00pm
6.) Walked back to friends house and at about 10:00pm we had a campfire till 11:30pm
7.) I went home, and check the forums at about 12am
8.) Post post post post post post....
9.) Play some FarCry from 12:20am - 2:00am
10.) It's about 2:00am and I'm not tired...Watch a movie!
11.) Go to bed.
12.) Wake up the next morning at about 10:30am
13.) Not much to do yet, so I check the forums.
14.) Post post post post
15.) Do some stuff for the OSC Empire
16.) Work on a Website job that I have.
17.) Call some friends, most of them are either busy or at work.
18.) Play some basketball with dad and brother.
19.) Get ahold of a friend, he comes over, we do stuff for about 3 hours. he leaves, it's about 10:45pm
20.) Play with my cat!!!
21.) Check massassi forums/oscempire forums/RILancenter forums (Thats right now)
22.) Post post post
23.) It is now 11:18pm
24.) It's to late to do much else so I think I'll watch some more Family Guy DVD's.

How do I not get out enough? That was the last two days of my life just to show that I am out alot.

------------------
(>º_º)> ±h³ ѳv³®-£ⁿd¡תּ9 §±ºr¥ <(º_º< ) | (>º_º)> תּℓζ ШǿѓЖ§|-Юρ <(º_º< )

[This message has been edited by SAJN_Master (edited August 13, 2004).]
Think while it's still legal.
2004-08-13, 5:32 PM #132
1. Congratulations, SAJN, you managed to make drama on a forum dedicated to a computer game. Good going.

2. In reading Det and kak's comments, does nobody have a sense of humor, nor any ability to entertain sarcasm?

3. You have to understand that, as Freelancer said, one who is not an annoying git is much less likely to be banned or otherwise punished.

4. Again, this is not a democracy. Whining is counterproductive.

5. Am I the only one amused by the intensity of this whole game of Internet Forum Spying and Espionage: Volume 2: Really Cool Edition?

6. So, in summary, you got eight people to post their forum name on a "pention" stating that they don't like somebody on the internet, and then you started a thread about it. Awesome.

------------------
Capitalization
Commas
Periods
Question Marks
Apostrophes
Confusable Words
Plague Words

[This message has been edited by lordvader (edited August 13, 2004).]
Capitalization
Commas
Periods
Question Marks
Apostrophes
Confusable Words
Plague Words
2004-08-13, 5:43 PM #133
Get along. Can't we. Just.

I'll keep saying it until you guys think of a productive solution to this.

*breaks out laughing hysterically*

Sorry, I can't even type that with a straight face.
The Last True Evil - consistent nobody in the Discussion Forum since 1998
2004-08-13, 5:59 PM #134
SAJN--whining won't get him banned. Sometimes there are things you must accept in life, people you must accept that YOU DON'T LIKE. Life is not fair, it is not portrayed as fair. The more you deal, the less you *****, the more mature you seem.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-08-13, 6:03 PM #135
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by powertickle:
Wait a ****ing minute here. It's the internet. You're all retarded.</font>

------------------
I have a signature.
I have a signature.
2004-08-13, 6:21 PM #136
Okay. This is it. The big one.

Subject One: The infamous Staff thread
Since apparently this is available to SAJN, ubuu, Correction, and everybody else and their mom, I've decided that the whole thing should be available to prove that an actual discussion took place, instead of just "I hate those guys, let's ignore this." Names have been removed, and "..." indicates a new post.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
[The Original Petition]

I told SAJN if he was really mad at something ubuu did, he should get together with other people and write a good explanation on why ubuu should be punished.

so, what do you all think about it?

There are several problems with Ubuu... first he is technically a staff member, so I think Brian needs to be involved with this. Also, I don't think he really means most of what he says, and doesnt quite realize how much he can hurt people sometimes. JediKirby and I had a long talk about it a while ago... JK said that he tried to ignore Ubuu, but that didnt stop him, like it would most people.

He's not really an admin. Ban him if he deserves it. I'll change his massassi admin password so he can't get into the admin script and screw things up.

I'd recommend at worst a temp ban followed by a lengthy probation period. Skipping straight to a permanent ban would be going a bit far. I had a talk with him two days ago about his behaviour and he agreed to cool it so yeah something along the lines of probation seems appropriate to me.

I definitely wouldn't have him as a staff member right now mind you. Not exactly setting a good example.

Yes, I agree that he really doesnt deserve a perma-ban. I generally dont think of him as a troll.

I've always felt that ubuu has pushed limits way too much to be allowed. I'll all for a permanent ban (or a temporary one, if we have to be nice...)

I think SAJN should be banned, too. Being an insufferable moron should be against the rules.

There should be some way of banning people so that they don't realise that they've been banned, and so, can't complain about it. Like ninja-banning or something...

I don't really see any reasons to permaban ubuu, just excuses. I think that a temp ban (to get the point accross) followed by a prohibition period might work, though.

Given that I would name half of the people who signed that as the most irritating community members and the other half as the most eccentric... actually i'm not sure what my point was. I'm sure it was witty though.

I understand what you mean, [Name Removed]. What intrests me is that jEDIkIRBY hasn't signed, and he loves to hate ubuu. Is this because he either:
a) Wants to get along
b) Didn't know about the petition
c) Is too afraid to put his name to any contreversial scheme.

I concur with my colleague [Name Removed]. and don't ban ubuu.

PS i hate everyone on that list

Except gris (I also love forum spam)

Hmmm, whilst I don't see any real reason for ubuu, he *does* have a habit of antagonising people, and whilst other people may find this funny, it can be an unpleasant experience for the person he is antogonising, and I thought it was the duty of forum administrators to make the forums a more pleasant place to be for everyone.

Also, has ANYONE noticed that all these posts are from January and Februray?

My my, they had to dig a bit didn't they.

I told correction to get back to us when he had more evidence.

I originally told them if they got 3 or 4 signatuers with a good explanation, I was positive that ubuu would be banned. I was expecting better from them....

That was probably a bad call to make, [Name Removed]. I say, if they make a public petition which ubuu himself can see, and see who has "voted him out", then maybe we should consider it. If ubuu had done something truly banworthy, then wouldn't he be banned already, eh?

Yay, [Name Removed]'s an Admin now! I was actually just about to make a post suggesting it, and then I noticed.

I think if a majority of the Admins corners him and explains to him that he should consider himself on very thin ice, he may get the point.

</font>

As you can see, the subject of banning ubuu was actually discussed, and the general consensus was that he shouldn't be banned.

Stay tuned for Subjects 2 and 3.

------------------
"I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I pretend to be." -Janis Joplin
2004-08-13, 6:33 PM #137
Subject 2: The Cessation of the Vendetta

SAJN, you have posted numerous times about ubuu, why he's annoying, why he should be banned, etc. Personally, I think your complaints are more annoying than any of ubuu's behavior. Therefore, I've decided (and I have some other admins' backing on this) you will end your personal vendetta against ubuu. The next time you try to start something like this again, it will definitely be the last.

Subject 3: Why can't we all just get along?

Ubuu, you have been better recently, but it's undeniable that you have been rude in the past and have occaisionally attacked other members. This will end. We will be more strict in the future about enforcing the rules, so nothing like this will happen again. Because, quite frankly, this whole debate is pointless and annoying.

This goes for you too, SAJN. You also have a history of being annoying, irritible, and irrelevant. This needs to be remedied.

Please remember, everyone, that this board is not part of any country. You don't have freedom of speech. You don't have any rights at all. The admins reserve the ability to deal out punishment or nonpunishment as they see fit. On the serious issues we discuss the matter fairly maturely, as you have seen.

Also remember that this board is an on-line community. If you get really worked up about something as trivial as this, you really need to get your priorities straight, and get some friends or a woman or something...

[On a side note, I had to look up four words for this post. That's a personal record for me.]

------------------
"I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I pretend to be." -Janis Joplin

[This message has been edited by Vincent Valentine (edited August 13, 2004).]
2004-08-13, 6:47 PM #138
Vincent +1
Kak in 04

------------------
"If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?"
"If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?"
2004-08-13, 6:50 PM #139
Good post Vinny. I wouldn't of been able to post that whole thing before screaming outloud 10 times regarding this stupid situation.

And as a note, see people, we actually do our jobs [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"

[This message has been edited by mscbuck (edited August 13, 2004).]
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2004-08-13, 6:56 PM #140
[http://www.remmiz.com/images/random/flames.jpg]

------------------
"Honey, you got real ugly."
"Honey, you got real ugly."
2004-08-13, 7:17 PM #141
Ahahaha, that picture is perfect.

------------------
2004-08-13, 7:36 PM #142
Oh so thats why my password doesn't work for the admin script anymore...Thanks guys, now even I am a little ticked off with the admins. No one but Jeff and kak, Sine, MB came to me and told me to cool it..and search..try to find something, cause I have been cool forever.

Grudges, its all grudges.

------------------
In Tribute to Adam Sliger. Rest in Peace

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

[This message has been edited by Ubuu (edited August 13, 2004).]

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-08-13, 7:37 PM #143
Isn't it interesting to note that when Sajn brings up these admin topics, several other people feel the need to make similar topics making fun of him?

I think 90+% of you guys should just grow up. Period. You all know who you are.

------------------
For a healty meal, eat mashed potatoes, peas, and catloaf.
Massassi's cuttin' into my free time, man.
Valuable Life Lesson: Frog + Potato Gun = Blindness
Worship Examples - Christians' love for God should be seen and heard, not merely talked about. It is through actions that one is determined to be Christian, not through words. Words (and thoughts, as well) deceive even one's own self, but the heart speaks truth.

[This message has been edited by DogSRoOL (edited August 13, 2004).]
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-08-13, 7:39 PM #144
Was I going to be notified that I was going to be put on perma ban? Perma ban for being blunt? Come on now guys, I know there is a job to keep people happy..but ya...I knew none of this and I was someone who was going to feel a direct hit by it.

------------------

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-08-13, 7:50 PM #145
I think I've told you before to cool it, ubuu. But if I haven't, my apologies.

As for your admin password, I guess we all assumed Brian would tell you, since he was the one to change it. Sorry.

------------------
2004-08-13, 8:18 PM #146
Most of us admins have nothing to do with the site outside the forums Ubuu so it's not really our call with that area.

------------------
Cantina Cloud | BCF | The Massassian 1, 2 & 3 | Gonk WoW Petition <- SIGN!
Corrupting the kiddies since '97
2004-08-13, 9:42 PM #147
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MaxisReed:
Vincent +1

</font>

Indeed

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-08-13, 10:13 PM #148
I'm just glad there was a happy ending.

------------------
"Look at me! I'm Tracer! BLAHBLAHBLAH!"

-MBeggar
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2004-08-13, 11:27 PM #149
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SAJN_Master:
How do I not get out enough? That was the last two days of my life just to show that I am out alot.

</font>

It's called sarcasm man, that's one of your biggest problems- you take stuff WAY too seriously. Chill.

------------------
2004-08-13, 11:50 PM #150
Apparently I'm misinformed. There wasn't a happy ending.

------------------
"Look at me! I'm Tracer! BLAHBLAHBLAH!"

-MBeggar
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2004-08-14, 1:05 AM #151
I hate all this whining. Get over it.

------------------
Brian's Web Log is CLOSED.

↑ Up to the top!