Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Something has been brought to my attention, I thought I would share...
Something has been brought to my attention, I thought I would share...
2004-08-13, 7:47 AM #81
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ubuu:
SAJN: Here is a tip for you.

I was in the same boat once. Lay low for a while, dont say anything. If needed get a new alias and start a new. It worked for me, it may work for you...

</font>

He tried that with "Rod-Nog". THAT was a disaster lol.

------------------
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"

2004-08-13, 7:47 AM #82
SAJN, to my knowledge i've never banned you. Most of my bans have been towards people who spam endlessly or post pictures of tubgirl.

Out of all the admins i'm the one who is least likely to ban you, I save bans for the really serious stuff. A rule violation will NOT always result in a ban, it's up to the admins to decide what to do, and if the other admins disagree with the call then it will usually be reversed.

What gets said in the admin forum and opchat (for my part is least) is usually just me being a cynical git and not representative of my actual intentions. I don't recall having ever gone from the stage of saying "gawd I wish [insert username] was banned" to actually banning them without VERY good reason.

There is a very strong difference between an admin's personal feelings (voiced or otherwise) and what they actually do.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2004-08-13, 7:47 AM #83
Oh, the drama!

Conspiring admins, names removed for identity protection, a righteous call for reform and truth!

One lone hero realizes his destiny! To stand and face the might that no one else dared to face! Ridiculed by his peers for being 'immature', he nevertheless continues his struggle to promote change and growth and freedom.

ok whatever, someone can edit that if they want, but this is still way to over dramatic. it should be a simple matter. didn't you do this once before SAJN? agh nvm me.

------------------
Saberopus: omfq musical genuis j00 >mozart
Thrawn42689: Mozart = n00b
2004-08-13, 7:49 AM #84
Did SAJN actually break any rules aswell? or was he just banned for being annoying?

I'm not picking a side here, I'm just bringing up a question that I didn't see asked.

------------------
"Judging by the name of the author, and the name of the work, I'd guess it's an energy "beam". You know, like in the Japanese cartoons where those guys with big hair fly around, talk philosophy, and shoot fireballs at each other." - Hellequin
*insert some joke about pasta and fruit scuffles*
2004-08-13, 8:02 AM #85
SAJN:

(1) If you're trying to get Ubuu banned, you have broken the rules. I won't even touch that one. It's insanely taboo. I say that it breaks the rules because if you declare yourself mini-moderator, you have broken the rules. This was stated a few forum announcements back.

(2) If you're trying to get most of the administrators "fired", see above, but also know this: This isn't a democracy. If the administrators decided to ban black members simply because they were black, they could do so without any consequence. Why? Because this is a private forum. Anything goes. With this in mind, spare us your "I'm being singled out/oppressed" tirade. The forums are an oligarchy, and the same people who excecute the law also interperet them. The rules are up for interpretation. They may not mean the same things to the same people.

I've noticed that most administrators are more lax on the rules than previously, but so what? Go with the flow. Make friends with the administrators. Be a cool person to hang around. Don't plague their inboxes with "I'm being oppressed! You admins are not doing your jobs! We should boot you out and get new ones!".

I think Sine summed up the way things are about 1,000X better than anyone else in this thread, as Avenger has pointed out. Do you think Sine and others like to be told that they aren't doing their jobs and should be fired? Do your really think so? How about try being his friend. Don't spam him every five minutes. Stop being so annoying. Cut down what you say by at least half. Listen to what others have to say for a change.

Yeah, the admins possibly play favorites. If one rule-breaker is incessantly annoying (you), and the other isn't (Ubuu), who would you ban? Yeah, that's right. YOU. Is that so hard to understand? When the government because less-structured, you want to have it "in" with the leaders. It makes life easier. Telling them they should be replaced doesn't do much for you. Take people like me, Avenger, Bobthemasher, FastGamerr, and 95% of Massassi, for instance. A lot of us aren't necessarily friends with the admins, but we don't go out of our way to make enemies of them like you do. I've shared a few laughs with Brian, Sine, and others in the chat, asked them for help, had short conversations with them, but I wouldn't really consider myself a close friend. I haven't made myself an annoyance to them, with the possible exception of asking Sine a little too many JK2 editing questions, unlike you.

What do you expect, anyway? Do you expect half the Massassi population to rise up as your followers, with pitchforks in hand to root out the "corrupt" government? How, pray tell, do you expect to do it? Unless you can somehow obtain the admins' passwords, enter their accounts, and change their passwords, I suspect you'll fail at "firing" the administrators.

You're out of line, SAJN. This thread is teetering on rule-breakage, and it's gone far past the line of appropriateness. You're also annoying, which explains any favorites the admins might be playing between you and Ubuu. This isn't a democracy, so it's not really an injustice. Don't make a spectacle of yourself, and you won't have any problems.

------------------
Have a good one,
Freelancer
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2004-08-13, 8:09 AM #86
well put.

------------------
Saberopus: omfq musical genuis j00 >mozart
Thrawn42689: Mozart = n00b
2004-08-13, 8:28 AM #87
Yes, well put Free'

Why do I feel like I am naked, in the middle of Madison Square Garden, with all the lights turned of except a spotlight on me..

------------------
In Tribute to Adam Sliger. Rest in Peace

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-08-13, 8:31 AM #88
Because we love you.

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)

---------@%

The Massassi JO/JA Single Player contest info (or something of this matter. Just smile.)
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-08-13, 8:34 AM #89
I'm still trying to figure out why obi kwiet thinks you're an atheist....

------------------
I figure that one day I'll either be famous, or in prison. But I guess if I'm going to prison, I should probably try to do something that would make me famous anyway.
>>untie shoes
2004-08-13, 8:54 AM #90
I am still trying to fathom how SAJN_Master came out of the same womb as Agent_J.

------------------
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2004-08-13, 8:56 AM #91
I'm trying really hard not to fathom that now, thanks to you.

------------------
WOOSH|-----@%
Warhead[97]
2004-08-13, 9:30 AM #92
Cant we all just get along?

------------------

~~Because Eric does Rock Your World~~
░▒▓█▓▒░?░▒▓█▓▒░
2004-08-13, 10:03 AM #93
Didn't read the thread, but here's my gripe:

First, I see remarks (and actions in the chat, but I've been told technically nothing can be done about that) come from Ubuu that I think are antagonistic and should be dealt with. So, I start voicing it.
Next, SAJN and I talk to an admin, we're told if we compile a statement describing reasons why Ubuu should be confronted and find enough people to support it, he'll post it on the admin forum. We do so.
From what I can hear, things are going alright... then, I spontaneously get a message from a different admin saying the "petition" was rejected. Alright, so it was shot down. I'm sure there was a good reason for it...
Then, recently, I get an AIM from SAJN saying he got this log of the admin forum thread from some anonymous sender. I read it, and am outraged. The first few posts go great, and then suddenly there are posts from two admins saying...
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DeTRiTiC-iQ:
Given that I would name half of the people who signed that as the most irritating community members and the other half as the most eccentric... actually i'm not sure what my point was. I'm sure it was witty though.</font>

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kak:
I concur with my colleague detty. and don't ban ubuu.

PS i hate everyone on that list

</font>

... and suddenly, I'm dead serious you could draw a line right there, INSTANTLY everybody's opinions change. WTF, can we say bandwagon? Now if you've ever talked to me outside of Massassi (or maybe even heard me pissed off in the chat), you probably already know I've thought for a while Det and kak should be fired, but personally I think this takes the cake. If this had been rejected for a logical reason after an at least REMOTELY mature discussion, I would have accepted it, but the God damned decision was based on whether or not the admins like the people who signed it and whether the "popular" admins were for it.
I think it's unfair that we did the mature thing: confronted an admin and followed his instructions TO THE NUMBER, and then our product is subjected to such a MOCKERY of consideration. We did it as privately as possible as to not cause a disturbance, and there's even a post in the thread saying...
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I say, if they make a public petition which ubuu himself can see, and see who has "voted him out", then maybe we should consider it.</font>

What I hope all of what I said gets across to you all is that WE JUST CANNOT WIN. It is impossible to do anything right when it comes to dealing with the admins. They are sloppy, careless and inconsistant, and the few that DO do things right for some reason look up to the others and follow their lead.

With that said, I'd like to make it known that I am fed up with the joke that you call authority of this place, and I do not plan to return to the Massassi Forums unless I hear of actions being taken to address this problem.

[edit - ****ing tags]

------------------
Do you have stairs in your house?

[This message has been edited by Correction (edited August 13, 2004).]
Do you have stairs in your house?
2004-08-13, 10:07 AM #94
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Emon:
I am still trying to fathom how SAJN_Master came out of the same womb as Agent_J.</font>

One at a time I'd assume.

------------------
Roach - Gyring and gimbling in the wabe...
0 of 14.
omnia mea mecum porto
2004-08-13, 10:13 AM #95
Many of you are mad that I am editing names out and such, so now that it's all out in the open, here are the names of the members who signed the pention...

Signed,
Correction
SAJN_Master
Fishstickz
Dormouse
clan ruthervain
Lord_Grismath
FroggyP
Noble Outlaw

Additional people who have just posted in this thread:

Bill
JudgeDredd
Delphian
Glyde Bane

------------------
(>º_º)> ±h³ ѳv³®-£ⁿd¡תּ9 §±ºr¥ <(º_º<) | (>º_º)> תּℓζ ШǿѓЖ§|-Юρ <(º_º<)
Think while it's still legal.
2004-08-13, 10:21 AM #96
I don't think ANYONE read my second post.

------------------
jEDIkIRBY - Putting the Romance back into Necromancer.
Proud Leader of the Minnessassian Council

Live on, Adam.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-08-13, 10:22 AM #97
Nothing to see here.

[This message has been edited by Freelancer (edited August 13, 2004).]
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2004-08-13, 10:23 AM #98
SAJN_Master, you repeatly assert that you are a changed man who just gets picked on because of your past immaturity.

And I say this...You must be freakin delusional. You have consistly been one of the most immature, whiny, annoying posters on this entire site. This thread among countless others shows that irreputably.

Also, you seriously need to get a life. And don't tell me you already have one like last time because this INTERNET FORUM obviously means the entire world to you, which is a shame considering most people here probably find you a complete nuisance, me included.

And I conclude by seranading you with the world's tiniest violin.
2004-08-13, 10:41 AM #99
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Correction:
With that said, I'd like to make it known that I am fed up with the joke that you call authority of this place, and I do not plan to return to the Massassi Forums unless I hear of actions being taken to address this problem.
</font>

Ok. Bye-bye!

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)

---------@%

The Massassi JO/JA Single Player contest info (or something of this matter. Just smile.)
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-08-13, 10:43 AM #100
First, since everyone who wants me out has been named, the admin who is creating this propaganda needs to come out. Fortunatley I know who it is already, and quite frankly I am not surprised.

I am surprised by half of that list though.
Correction
SAJN_Master
Fishstickz
Dormouse
clan ruthervain
Lord_Grismath
FroggyP
Noble Outlaw

Dormouse and I have had run in's, but that goes back years ago. Glad to see someone is real mature, grudges are a great thing. Those other guys, Froggy, Noble, Gris, and Fishstickz..well I don't know what say really...you must have been bribed to sign this petition because I have not in recent memory had problems with you guys. Good to know who to avoid now. Thanks for nothing.

And if this issue is with the ops, can you PLEASE stop mentioning me? Please? Its really sad, but none of you have taken up issue with me, and as mature people, wouldnt that be the first step? Go straight to the admins? Half of my run ins with yall have been on personal levels, and away from the public. As you can see, I have cleaned up my act. I haven't broken a rule in years, yet you guys want to use personal **** to get me out. Good luck.

Correction: Ohhhhh boy, you arent coming back if things arent changed...

Det can be the first to say that him and I are not even the close bit friends, so I dont see any bias there. Sure I know kak...who doesnt, he is kak, been around for years. I can't even believe people would think...ME of all people would have an alliance in the administration. If you guys have such a problem with me, stilmaik@gmail.com, holla.

Oh, and by the way, if these admins are sooo horrible and this has nothing to do with just me, how come I have not seen any other evidence of other people being favoured. This is a me issue, and I appreicate it being taken up with me. Since we have determined that, technically this is a personal issue/thread...so ya.

------------------

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-08-13, 10:54 AM #101
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Evil_Tofu:
Do you expect some glorious revolution where all the massassians overthough our facsist oppressors?

</font>

*Grabs Commie flag and starts riding up and down in a T-80 blowing things up*

Meh, to be honest, I think that there should be a system in place whereby as necessary one can vote for each admin and whether or not they should be kept.

*shrug* Just an idea. I don't know much more than that, obviously not here enough.

------------------
Fire Pretty - Graz's Armoury - (That's my blog...)

The Soviet Bunker - (That's my forum...)

"Thou shalt not steal. (Because the government doesn't like competition!)"

How to keep an idiot busy: See below
How to keep an idiot busy: See above
A slightly more stripy Gee_4ce, and more than just Something British...

Visit the home of Corporal G on the Internets
2004-08-13, 10:55 AM #102
Oh didn't ya'll stop to think that maybe kak said don't ban me because your attempt to get rid of me ridiculous. I mean...**** you havent even talked to me, and you go straight to a petition. Once again, if I cuss you out on MSN, how the hell is that making this place uncomfortable?

IRRETERATE: THE ADMIN WHO IS CREATING ALL THIS DRAMA COME OUT NOW

Everyone else has lost their shield, its your turn now.

------------------

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-08-13, 10:58 AM #103
Message forum people.....Remember...Message forum....There's a whole other magical world out there.
2004-08-13, 10:58 AM #104
Quote:
What I hope all of what I said gets across to you all is that WE JUST CANNOT WIN.
[/QUOTE}

Win what? Is this a battle?

------------------

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-08-13, 11:00 AM #105
Yea it is a message forum Tempermental, but I have some good friends here, and I have made a lot of good contacts and too loose that because a bunch of kids got their feelings hurt in a PM, is ludicrous.

------------------

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-08-13, 11:03 AM #106
Quote:
Didn't read the thread, but here's my gripe... ...With that said, I'd like to make it known that I am fed up with the joke that you call authority of this place, and I do not plan to return to the Massassi Forums unless I hear of actions being taken to address this problem.
</font>

Whoa. Word.

------------------
Fire Pretty - Graz's Armoury - (That's my blog...)

The Soviet Bunker - (That's my forum...)

"Thou shalt not steal. (Because the government doesn't like competition!)"

How to keep an idiot busy: See below
How to keep an idiot busy: See above
A slightly more stripy Gee_4ce, and more than just Something British...

Visit the home of Corporal G on the Internets
2004-08-13, 11:43 AM #107
Twas not me who is creating the drama.

The only thing I did regarding the whole ubuu getting banned thing was posted in the forum what those guys wrote up, as I said I would forward it to all the staff for them to decide. And I said if they had really good reasons for him to be banned, he would be. (They didn't, if you haven't noticed)

------------------

2004-08-13, 12:23 PM #108
/puts fingers in ears.

la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la

/signs in earwax.

[This message has been edited by DogSRoOL (edited August 13, 2004).]
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-08-13, 1:30 PM #109
Goodness... Could anyone provide me with logs and or quotes of SAJN being extremely annoying? Cause you guys are being rather hypocritical with your "SAJN's quoting stupid things that are taken out of context and aren't even breaking rules," and none of you are even providing any evidence. I lurk here and I don't read everything that's posted, but I really can't remember any times that either Ubuu or SAJN were being jack***es...

------------------
Daddy, why doesn't this magnet pick up this floppy disk?
Daddy, why doesn't this magnet pick up this floppy disk?
2004-08-13, 1:35 PM #110
This thread is a prime example of SAJN and his antics. He was very vocal in the last thread about a staff conspiracy. No one is saying he should be banned or anything. It just a little hypocritcal of him to be complaining about someone being annoying.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-08-13, 1:35 PM #111
I like uboob.

------------------
1 of 14 | 6-16 Never Forget. | Click.
2004-08-13, 1:36 PM #112
Ubuu hasn't done anything for a while.

That's enough to say in his benefit. At least he learns (even if it comes slowly).

The same can't be said of others.
2004-08-13, 1:37 PM #113
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by lateralus:
I like uboob.

</font>

LAT!
2004-08-13, 1:44 PM #114
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jedi Legend:

LAT!
</font>

Hey. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/cool.gif]

------------------
2004-08-13, 1:46 PM #115
Dear SAJN, I know you and I have talked over some things in the past about how you believed there to be a administrator issue. I'm here to inform you, there isn't.

I'm sorry you don't like Ubuu. Everyone has people they don't like. He's done some shady stuff, I'm sure, but it's not in your jurisdiction to claim he should be banned.

We (the staff members) have been selected because the larger forces controlling this site think we're doing our job. If they didn't, they'd let us know.

Get over it, get off it, and please, have a nice day.

------------------
"If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?"
"If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?"
2004-08-13, 1:58 PM #116
I can't speak for the other admins, but I honestly don't care how many people someone gets to sign a petition if the evidence isn't there.

Ironically I'd bet good money if I wanted to I could find even more people here to sign a petition against you SAJN and if I dug back (february) as far as you dug looking for evidence against Ubuu I'd wager that petition would have a fair few links too. Not that I'd do that because in my mind a lot of little annoyances do not add up to one big permaban. I'm not saying a petition means nothing to me, but as I said in the last thread about this I take it with a big grain of salt.

I have no problem banning Ubuu if the need arises, I've done it before.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Next, SAJN and I talk to an admin, we're told if we compile a statement describing reasons why Ubuu should be confronted and find enough people to support it, he'll post it on the admin forum. We do so.
From what I can hear, things are going alright... then, I spontaneously get a message from a different admin saying the "petition" was rejected. Alright, so it was shot down. I'm sure there was a good reason for it...</font>

I talked to Ubuu about toning it down. No one felt anything more permanent was needed.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">What I hope all of what I said gets across to you all is that WE JUST CANNOT WIN. It is impossible to do anything right when it comes to dealing with the admins. They are sloppy, careless and inconsistant, and the few that DO do things right for some reason look up to the others and follow their lead.</font>

The only person I follow the lead of is Brian, and I see nothing wrong with that. So I guess that puts me in Category A and believe me I have no issues stepping down if that's what's wanted.

------------------
Cantina Cloud | BCF | The Massassian 1, 2 & 3 | Gonk WoW Petition <- SIGN!
Corrupting the kiddies since '97
2004-08-13, 2:00 PM #117
Quote:
stuff
</font>

1) I don't see how you can possibly think my opinion would sway the other admins, from what I can gather none of them like me very much.

2) My post in that thread in the admin's forum was to illustrate that a petition should be disregarded. I could easily find 10 people to sign a petition to get any single member of this community banned, half the people who signed wouldn't even care and would just sign for the hell of it, the other half would just not like the person. The "petition" that was made against ubuu only showed me that there were 10 people who didn't like him, it didn't show me grounds that he should be banned.
Flickr Twitter
2004-08-13, 2:06 PM #118
I think you should ban Madquack, because he's been acting... mighty strange.. much like a terrorist!

Infact, I have a whole list of people you should ban.

Kak
Dormouse
Flirbnic
Happydud
Gwyneth Paltrow
Pagewizard
Avenger
Tom Daschle
Correction
Brian Herbert (That loathsome monster)
And last, but most certainly not least...

George Washington.

And MC Hammer.

------------------
[16:38] Correction: dick tracy was a real man
[16:38] happydud: Actually... He wasn't. :D
[19:08] Dormouse: hi, my name's happydud and i'm passive-aggress.. SHUTUP!! *stabs nearby orphan*
[You have gained 3 Dark Side Points]
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2004-08-13, 2:11 PM #119
But Gwyneth Paltrow is an honorary Brit [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]
Flickr Twitter
2004-08-13, 2:21 PM #120
Yes, Brian Herbert must be banned.

------------------
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Douglas Adams
VTEC just kicked in, yo!

↑ Up to the top!