Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The Heroes thread is off the first page.
The Heroes thread is off the first page.
2008-10-14, 5:00 PM #1
I just watched it on the NBC website. Very nice service... even if they interrupt it every three minutes for a commercial. Except instead of a commercial, it's thirty seconds of blank screen. WTF.

First thing: Hiro is a ****ING IDIOT. All he had to do to catch Adam was go back in time to when he ran out and be waiting outside for him. I mean, really. Does Hiro not get what his powers can do?

Second thing: The writers seem to have forgotten the powers that Peter and Sylar have. Peter can become invisible. But he never does. Also, Peter can heal. But future Peter can't? Sylar has super hearing... but he can't hear Bennet asking for vortex guy to kill him? What about his ice power?

Third thing: Peter starts cutting open Angela's head. We can tell from how Sylar does it that this cut probably goes all the way through the skull. But all she needs is a bandaid.

Fourth thing: We know Hero and Daphne can get around quick; but how does everyone else manage it?

Fifth thing: Hiro killed Ando. It must have been faked somehow, or the writers have gone insane. That's entirely outside Hiro's character. If he really did it - well, now we know why Ando kills him in the future, don't we?
2008-10-14, 5:05 PM #2
They finally introduce a new character thats actually cool. Vortex guy! And then he kills himself in the same episode! **** you heroes writers!

I really wanted Maya to kill Mohinder, cause that would end that crappy storyline. Oh well, maybe he'll kill maya :ninja:
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2008-10-14, 5:06 PM #3
to # 1, Hiro already said that in order to not screw up the timeline he won't go back in time again (which is why he was willing to go into the future in the first episode of this season).

I pretty much agree with all the rest. Especially future Peter not healing himself, wth?
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2008-10-14, 5:06 PM #4
The show sucks now, plain and simple. Sylar should not have gone past season 1, Nikki should have died in season 2. The guys at TRS had it right when they said that this is a show that's in love with its characters/actors so much that its really hurting the story.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2008-10-14, 5:08 PM #5
I dunno, I kind of like Sylar + Mr Bennet.

The only characters I still like (including the above) are Ando, hiro, and... I guess parkmans okay. But the Turtle is bad *** :colbert:
2008-10-14, 7:15 PM #6
Originally posted by TimeWolfOfThePast:
The show sucks now, plain and simple. Sylar should not have gone past season 1, Nikki should have died in season 2. The guys at TRS had it right when they said that this is a show that's in love with its characters/actors so much that its really hurting the story.

I agree. when Hiro stabbed Ando I bellowed "what the hell??" That is soooooooo not Hiro's character. It's reeeeeaally gone down in quality.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2008-10-14, 7:23 PM #7
I really think the writers are like "ok lets just do this"

then they get to the next episode and theyre like "****! why did we do that! uh... just blame it on time travel"
2008-10-14, 8:37 PM #8
yeah, I'm thinking there's some sort of timeline altering plot in Hiro's head, even if it screws everything over. dunno.
Also, the Puppet Master could be fun to see.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2008-10-14, 9:26 PM #9
Originally posted by Veger:
Especially future Peter not healing himself, wth?

We mentioned in the last thread that the Haitian was nearby when future Peter got shot and thus canceled out his healing abilities long enough for him to just die.

About Gabriel not hearing (I'm calling him Gabriel because I'm too lazy to go copy a capital 's') ... maybe he did, since he knew about it later on in the car. Maybe he's just doing a great job of controlling himself.

I was thinking about Peter not becoming invisible anymore too. Whatever happened to Claude, anyways?

What do you mean 'how does everyone else manage it'? Who else moved quickly?

Ando can't possibly be gone. It was out of character, but then again, it could be character "development".

I actually enjoyed the episode. Minus the stupid uresh crap. I also hate Parkman's current storyline and am glad it wasn't covered in this ep.
一个大西瓜
2008-10-14, 9:31 PM #10
heroes is bad
2008-10-14, 9:51 PM #11
I want to know where the Irish girl is. She's gotta still be out there somewhere, even if she's in an alternate timeline now.

She can't just "not exist." anymore. Even if she did, there's been no reference to her since Peter left the "future" in season 2.
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2008-10-14, 9:57 PM #12
the writers forgot about her. duh.
2008-10-14, 11:44 PM #13
I'm liking Sylar more and more this season.

And hiro probably plans to go back in time again or something.. or he didnt want to die later on.

o.0
2008-10-15, 12:11 AM #14
Originally posted by Pommy:
We mentioned in the last thread that the Haitian was nearby when future Peter got shot and thus canceled out his healing abilities long enough for him to just die.

But then why does he have a scar? Also, Sylar told Claire she can never die. And Peter has Claire's power. So...

PS: I'm in love with Sylar.
2008-10-15, 12:34 AM #15
In season 1 claire died from that chunk of wood in her head, when it was pulled out she came back.

o.0
2008-10-15, 12:46 AM #16
Exactly. Unless the bullet is still in his heart (have we seen bullets pushed out through healing?) he should be alive and fine as soon as the Haitian leaves.
2008-10-15, 1:08 AM #17
I think Sylar got shot after brainraping Claire. I know I've seen bullets pop back out of someone.

o.0
2008-10-15, 1:14 AM #18
Originally posted by Vin:
(have we seen bullets pushed out through healing?)

yes we have
2008-10-15, 1:33 AM #19
Heroe's is waay overated. I've watched it, I've tried to like it. Its meant to be ordinary people with powers using them how ordinary people would.

Except they dont. Or atleast havent since the first season.
2008-10-15, 1:41 AM #20
they're not really ordinary anymore.

The way I see it, the first season was about regular people discovering they had superpowers, now its about what they do with them.

o.0
2008-10-15, 4:44 AM #21
Originally posted by Greenboy:
now its about what they do with them.

and continuing attempts to blow up the world
$do || ! $do ; try
2008-10-15, 7:01 AM #22
But then why does he have a scar? Also, Sylar told Claire she can never die. And Peter has Claire's power. So...

He could just keep the scar there as a choice. We know he can shape-shift, so he probably just shape-shifts into a Peter with a scar. Also, as long as the Haitian is around, that Peter will be dead. Most likely they'd do something with him along the lines of Adam Monroe eventually.
2008-10-15, 8:38 AM #23
I had thought that Peter only had the power either right when he first encounters someone or thinks about that person. Wasn't that how it was established in the first season? He flew when either near or thinking about Nathan. If he was killed with the Haitian around and then no longer conscious to think about Claire and heal he'd be dead, right?
"It sounds like an epidemic."
"Look, I don't know what that means. But it happens all the time." - Penny Arcade
Last.fm
2008-10-15, 9:06 AM #24
Well first season, sure. That's when he didn't really know wtf was going on. Now he can pretty much do whatever, as long as knows he can.
$do || ! $do ; try
2008-10-15, 12:35 PM #25

This is something I'm confused about too. They keep saying that "a bullet to the back of the head" will kill the healing people (Adam Monroe, Peter, Claire). I'm guessing that refers to the spot where Claire had the piece of wood and Peter had the shard of glass in season 1. Maybe if they get shot there, they can't automatically "push" the bullet out?

Exactly. Unless the bullet is still in his heart (have we seen bullets pushed out through healing?) he should be alive and fine as soon as the Haitian leaves.
I dunno, I was thinking that since his powers were canceled, so were the "become alive again as soon as foreign object is removed" part... ie for the time when the Haitian was around, he was a totally normal human with two bullets in his chest and thus died before his powers could come back -- which is different from before when he was "dead" w/ the glass shard but still had healing powers "activated" that kept him from "completely" dying.

Another way to put it is that if the Haitian had visited him while he was "dead" lying on that couch in Nathan's house in the first season he would have lost his ability to come back if the shard were removed because he would have had a few moments when the healing power keeping him half-dead were canceled and would have died for real before the powers could re-activate.
一个大西瓜
2008-10-15, 12:45 PM #26
Originally posted by TimeWolfOfThePast:
Nikki should have died in season 2.

she did... Nikki is dead... never coming back
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2008-10-15, 1:03 PM #27
I know that, I'm more referring to the actress. Ali Larter should NOT be back in the show.
2008-10-15, 1:04 PM #28
Hm, so the "You can never die" Sylar tells Claire is canceled by the Haitian? Huh.
2008-10-15, 1:19 PM #29
No, she'll heal eventually, its just while the Haitian is around her powers don't work. Angela had that vision though with Clarie's head being taken away by one of the Level 5 guys, so maybe with the Haitian around, some kind of Highlander kill can finish her off.
2008-10-15, 4:19 PM #30
To be fair Sylar did also say she's different.

For all we know the not dying thing might be something different altogether. Also since Peter's met the Haitian does he have the power to stop other's working when he likes?
nope.
2008-10-15, 4:38 PM #31
Originally posted by Baconfish:
For all we know the not dying thing might be something different altogether. Also since Peter's met the Haitian does he have the power to stop other's working when he likes?

That's a good question, but I would think that since Peter's ability is mimicry that power would be disabled once the Haitian would be around.
2008-10-15, 8:20 PM #32
I knew it. Heroes is turning into prison break. Never ending and always frustrating.
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2008-10-15, 8:57 PM #33
prison break... a good premise for a movie or miniseries taken way too far...

yep heroes is on it's way
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2008-10-15, 8:59 PM #34
No, it's more like Lost.

And that's why we love it.
2008-10-15, 9:11 PM #35
It's not like lost. Lost actually has competent actors.
2008-10-15, 9:22 PM #36
I don't think it's the actors, it's the directors. They just don't care.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2008-10-15, 10:18 PM #37
I'm kind of glad I didn't get into this show now. Seems like whenever superpowers are present in a show, it ends up eating itself.
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2008-10-16, 12:02 AM #38
Originally posted by Emon:
I don't think it's the actors, it's the directors. They just don't care.

Yea. This is a show about superheroes, yet if I was in ANY ONE OF THEIR SHOES I would do almost every single thing differently. For one, stupid **** like countless episodes wouldn't happen because I would actually USE MY SUPERPOWER WHEN I AM IN A BIND. The season 1 finale was the worst superhero fight I have ever seen.
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2008-10-16, 7:07 AM #39
Originally posted by Emon:
I don't think it's the actors, it's the writers. They just don't care.

Fixed.
2008-10-16, 7:10 AM #40
The writers are bad, too, but the directors would be responsible for making a scene convincing.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.

↑ Up to the top!