Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The Heroes thread is off the first page.
The Heroes thread is off the first page.
2008-10-22, 8:57 PM #81
Originally posted by mb:
Which is why i still watch it. I am however allowed to be annoyed at the bad acting :P

Yeah. I just really don't care after the first 10 times you say you hate it.

And everytime after that is just plain annoying.

Fatty.
D E A T H
2008-10-22, 9:14 PM #82
Not my fault they keep ruining each episode with horrible acting :colbert:
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2008-10-22, 11:27 PM #83
I'm still waiting for Sylar to mutate into Spock (his power is figuring things out.... logically), thereby completely ****ing up First Contact's timeline, causing Hiro to go into the future and kill Spock, only to find that Ando has become the Enterprise's only gay Asian.
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2008-10-25, 1:57 AM #84
I thought the season was getting great when Linderman returned... and then it turned out he wasn't him after all.

Stupid TV crap.

And everybody's acting so out of place except for Ando and Hiro really... in fact, if they cut out all the other non-Ando & Hiro parts it would be watchable again.

And why did they bring back Claire's real mom? It's not like she was even a developed character before. And Mohinder's just creepy.

They got rid of Adam Kensei Morone, though. Yay!
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2008-10-25, 6:35 AM #85
But Adam was awesome!
nope.
2008-10-25, 8:16 AM #86
yeah, Adam was awesome, he's gotta come back somehow.
People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots
2008-10-25, 8:52 AM #87
Adam was awesome, but they had to thin the herd. I won't be sad if he's gone.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2008-10-25, 9:40 AM #88
If they wanted to thin the herd they could have killed off anything to do with Ali Larter.

:colbert:
nope.
2008-10-25, 9:45 AM #89
thing was Adam was probably one of the first, if not the first, they had so much potential for back story with him, instead he was used as a gimmick most of the time.
People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots
2008-10-25, 1:54 PM #90
I agree. Killing off Adam was totally pointless, especially since Arthur ended up getting the healing power from Peter anyways. They could have just had Peter be at Arthur's bedside like Adam.
一个大西瓜
2008-10-25, 3:11 PM #91
Unless it's truly a Rogue thing and to keep the power forever he has to actually kill, maybe he doesn't want to kill his son y'know?
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2008-10-26, 2:05 PM #92
He might only keep it temporarily, I mean the reason Adam died is because he was so old, even if he had only lost his power temporarily, it still wouldn't give him enough time to prevent aging.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2008-10-26, 2:08 PM #93
Originally posted by Baconfish:
If they wanted to thin the herd they could have killed off anything to do with Ali Larter.

Originally posted by poley:
thing was Adam was probably one of the first, if not the first, they had so much potential for back story with him, instead he was used as a gimmick most of the time.

Originally posted by Pommy:
I agree. Killing off Adam was totally pointless, especially since Arthur ended up getting the healing power from Peter anyways. They could have just had Peter be at Arthur's bedside like Adam.

Oh, I'm not saying they made the right decision. But at least they killed someone. It's a start.
2008-10-26, 3:07 PM #94
Don't worry, Hiro will go back in time to save peter, by not digging up Adam.

o.0
2008-10-26, 5:29 PM #95
That's the problem with having a time traveler, every season's plot can effectively be solved in one time jump.
2008-10-26, 6:25 PM #96
But, if Hiro goes back in time to fix something, then future Hiro has no reason to go back in time, so he doesn't go back, but then he doesn't fix anything and has a reason to go back, etc

man that episode would be ****ing boring

o.0
2008-10-26, 8:32 PM #97
Originally posted by Greenboy:
man that episode would be ****ing boring

This entire season has been ****ing boring.

2008-10-26, 8:59 PM #98
On one side, we have people who piss and moan about how much it sucks... but watch it anyway.

On the other, we have people who just watch it enjoy it for what it is and don't worry about all the things the others piss and moan about.

Which side do you think is happier?
2008-10-27, 12:05 PM #99
Neither ... the side that enjoys it for what it is and then enjoys it more by pointing out its flaws (or the side that watches it in order to get enjoyment from noticing its flaws) wins. :ninja:

I.e.,
1) People who are really into the show who want to squeeze every bit of enjoyment out of it by analyzing everything to death, or

2) People who find joy in criticizing things.

Or both.
一个大西瓜
2008-10-27, 7:07 PM #100
I like criticizing sloppy editing (like when objects suddenly change locations when someone teleports :P ) Also, why didn't Claire just inject Peter with some blood to heal him up fast?
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2008-10-28, 12:19 PM #101
More like why didn't Peter use his original ability to steal other people's powers in the first place.

... wait a minute, his dad took it away! Gasp!

Hooray for the return of Veronica Mars! Even Matt got to be awesome against the one-dimensional black guy.

I don't know, this season feels a lot better than the second one but that Petrelli dad is probably the lamest villain ever. OMG I TALK SLOW AND STEAL ABYLITEES. And Sylar is being so stupid and useless anyhow, such a waste of a character.

More more more next week!
2008-10-28, 12:29 PM #102
One-dimensional black guy, as you call him, was one of the highlights of the later seasons of The Wire.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2008-10-28, 12:36 PM #103
Elle also played a small but cool part in Deadwood (best TV ever). This season of Heroes is a collection of great actors awkwardly playing characters in contrived situations.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2008-10-28, 12:37 PM #104
<3 Deadwood
2008-11-25, 4:37 AM #105
Revival!

The Eclipse has actually given it the slightest tinge of something interesting.

Oh and also I hope to god that they kill off Claire but I don't see that happening when neckbeards seem to find anything with a pulse the most attractive thing ever.

:tfti:
nope.
2008-11-25, 5:21 AM #106
Originally posted by BombayZeus:
This entire season has been ****ing boring.

I've seen the first two seasons so far and it all seems pretty boring.
But it's fairly more-ish.
It strikes me as an interesting story told in a boring way... or something, I dunno.
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2008-11-25, 6:22 AM #107
Dish network doesn't give us NBC here and streaming doesn't work :(
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2008-11-25, 8:03 AM #108
I had a dream that next week was the final episode. The eclipse ended and everyone still didn't have powers.

THE END.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2008-11-25, 9:18 AM #109
I had a dream where dud was shot dead for spoilers
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2008-11-25, 9:53 AM #110
I thought it was kind of funny that the commercials asked us to imagine a world without heroes.
2008-11-25, 11:00 AM #111
I haven't bothered with Heroes after the first few episodes of Season 3. The show is now utter crap.

2008-11-25, 11:04 AM #112
Originally posted by Michael MacFarlane:
I thought it was kind of funny that the commercials asked us to imagine a world without heroes.

Hah, me too..
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2008-11-25, 11:07 AM #113
Originally posted by Darkjedibob:
Dish network doesn't give us NBC here and streaming doesn't work :(

That's because you don't have local channels as part of your package. Get some rabbit ears and plug them into your TV.
Pissed Off?
2008-11-25, 11:09 AM #114
Originally posted by Michael MacFarlane:

I've been living this world since the third episode of the season.
2008-11-25, 12:34 PM #115
Originally posted by TimeWolfOfThePast:
I've been living this world

↑ Up to the top!