Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The Heroes thread is off the first page.
The Heroes thread is off the first page.
2008-10-16, 7:19 AM #41
Well you can tell which actors are actually putting effort in :p
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2008-10-16, 7:25 AM #42
I think the guy who plays Peter might actually be Keanu Reeves in makeup.
nope.
2008-10-16, 10:12 AM #43
i'd have to agree

especially after seeing him in pathology
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2008-10-16, 10:21 AM #44
Originally posted by drizzt2k2:
Yea. This is a show about superheroes, yet if I was in ANY ONE OF THEIR SHOES I would do almost every single thing differently. For one, stupid **** like countless episodes wouldn't happen because I would actually USE MY SUPERPOWER WHEN I AM IN A BIND. The season 1 finale was the worst superhero fight I have ever seen.

well to be fair they were still noobs with their powers... sylar was the only one who had a proper idea of what he could do with his powers

there were still some good moments like they way Linderman got killed by BRAIN PUNCH

the way Maury Parkman was handled in season 2 trapping him in his own mental prison they should have left him there

the way Adam Monroe was handled at the end of season 2 was great... again he should have been left there

but this thing with bringing back dead/comatose/buried alive for all eternity people has to stop
2008-10-16, 2:57 PM #45
You kidding? When I saw Hiro dig up Adam I threw my drink at my girlfriend, I was so excited.
2008-10-16, 3:15 PM #46
Adam is one of the best characters, I'm rather glad he's been dug up.

I just wish that they wouldn't keep making everyone related. I fully expect Mohinder to be a Petrelli now.
nope.
2008-10-16, 3:52 PM #47
Related. not actually dead.

At least they kept the bad acting consistent! *rimshot*
2008-10-16, 5:25 PM #48
Originally posted by JM:
You kidding? When I saw Hiro dig up Adam I threw my drink at my girlfriend, I was so excited.

lol wut?
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2008-10-16, 7:22 PM #49
Originally posted by Baconfish:
I just wish that they wouldn't keep making everyone related. I fully expect Mohinder to be a Petrelli now.

no Hiro is far more likely to be a child of Angela Petrelli... it was implied that Hiro's father tossed a hotdog down that hallway at some point
2008-10-16, 10:16 PM #50
Originally posted by DrkJedi82:
no Hiro is far more likely to be a child of Angela Petrelli... it was implied that Hiro's father tossed a hotdog down that hallway at some point

I got it!

Angela Petrelli sleeps with Sulu Hiro's Dad.
Mr. Petrelli is pissed, heartbroken.
Mr. Petrelli goes on a rampage with his powers because he wants to get back.

Eh? Eh! C'mon it has to make a little sense!
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2008-10-16, 10:49 PM #51
Whats his power? being crippled?

o.0
2008-10-16, 11:12 PM #52
Oh. So. Apparently, after Sylar was cured from the Shanti virus he only regained his intuitive aptitude and telekinesis -- he lost all the other powers he gained in Season 1. That's why he didn't have super hearing or anything. And why he hasn't been using any of those powers.

[quote=The writers]
KCcat asks:
“In ‘The Second Coming,’ Sylar says to Claire, ‘You see, I lost everything that made me special.’ Does Sylar mean that he permanently lost all of his acquired powers except for telekinesis? Has his slate of powers been ‘wiped clean’ and does he have to start all over again? If so, then by the end of ‘The Butterfly Effect,’ it appears that he only has his telekinesis power, Claire's healing and regeneration power, and Bob's power to turn things to gold. Or am I reading into things?”

A: Nope that’s right. Sylar’s starting over. Getting a whole new slate of powers as he goes. You can count Jesse’s voice powers into the mix as well.

[/quote]

Oh, and Sylar was "just ****ing with Claire" and Claire (and Peter and the rest of them) can die. So my theory on the Haitian cancelling Future Peter's healing long enough for him to die stands :p

[quote=The writers]Q: “In the first season, it was hinted that Claire would die if her brain or head was removed. In the second season, Adam confirmed that there was "no going back" from having your head blown off. Sylar, however, said that Claire could not die, no matter what he did. Does this contradict the first season's tagline ‘Save the Cheerleader, Save the World?’”

A: Nope. Claire indeed can be killed, as can Adam and Peter and Sylar, too. Decapitation does a pretty good job. We think Sylar was just ****ing with Claire.[/quote]

Source: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=18281

Edit:

Caitlin hasn't been forgotten... the writers just don't know what to do with her and I guess she's gone.
[quote=The writers]CBR: In "Out of Time," Caitlin is ripped away from Peter and deported to 2008 Ireland. Last we saw 2008, the Shanti Virus (presumably Strain 138) wiped out 93% of the population. That future has apparently been averted. Caitlin has just entered a sort of 'no man's land.' The question presents itself: Has the future, and the present that she is now in, changed around her, as it did for Ando when Hiro left for April 2006 back in episodes 108-111 to save Charlie, or has she and the entire future that surrounded her disappeared into nonexistence? Did she die during the outbreak? If the her present changed, are there plans to visit her in the future, either by time travel trip or reaching the date in the narrative? Are there plans to bring her back to the present?

Aron Coliete & Joe Pokaski: Our heads are spinning from the permutations. Peter's trapped Caitlin in a future that doesn't exist anymore. It's pretty hard to get back from that. (We would've seen Peter try to get Caitlin back in the remainder of Season 2, but in Season 3 -- he has a whole other slate of problems to deal with.)[/quote]
一个大西瓜
2008-10-17, 5:22 AM #53
in other words... the writers introduced a character long enough to say "let's do this" then later go "****... why did we do that?... oh well everyone's too busy to care now"
2008-10-17, 5:54 AM #54
Quote:
Oh. So. Apparently, after Sylar was cured from the Shanti virus he only regained his intuitive aptitude and telekinesis -- he lost all the other powers he gained in Season 1. That's why he didn't have super hearing or anything. And why he hasn't been using any of those powers.
But why did he get the telekinesis back, then? That wasn't originally his power either. Also, how could the shanti virus even do that? He gains powers by understanding - once he understands it, he can do it. He doesn't appear to have amnesia.
2008-10-17, 6:20 AM #55
Originally posted by DrkJedi82:
in other words... the writers introduced a character long enough to say "let's do this" then later go "****... why did we do that?... oh well everyone's too busy to care now"

Basically. Same thing happened with Nikki!
2008-10-17, 7:55 AM #56
Quote:
A: Nope that’s right. Sylar’s starting over. Getting a whole new slate of powers as he goes. You can count Jesse’s voice powers into the mix as well.

Woah, wait. So how was he able to paint in the "current" future timeline? Did he travel to Africa and kill the black guy? As JM said this should also apply to the telekinesis. So did he retain those because they were his earliest and thus most familiar?
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2008-10-17, 8:50 AM #57
Well if loads of people have powers then whats to say nobody else can paint ****.

:/

The Nuclear thing too.
nope.
2008-10-17, 9:07 AM #58
They need to just start slaughtering characters until they get the cast back down to a manageable size. Tracy Strauss and everyone who looks like her would be a good place to start.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2008-10-17, 9:13 AM #59
Agreed. Also: Maya, mohinder, peter, maybe parkman. Only because hes just painting in the desert right now.
2008-10-17, 10:10 AM #60
Originally posted by JM:
But why did he get the telekinesis back, then? That wasn't originally his power either. Also, how could the shanti virus even do that? He gains powers by understanding - once he understands it, he can do it. He doesn't appear to have amnesia.

Basically, the writers don't even know what they're writing.
2008-10-17, 10:39 AM #61
I've never watched this show but as time goes on and I read more and more posts here about it, I continue to fail to glean any real substance beneath the cluster**** of characters and powers and situations and references.
2008-10-17, 10:41 AM #62
The threads here make the show look terrible. I didnt watch it at all until recently because I heard **** about Sylar eating brains.

o.0
2008-10-17, 1:35 PM #63
Threads about things are generally huge *****fests because people take things far too seriously.

I rather like the programme. :P
nope.
2008-10-17, 2:36 PM #64
I quite enjoy it too. And part of what I enjoy about it is making sense out of all the apparent contradictions. It hasn't disappointed me yet, the last two seasons started the same way - a cluster **** of what the ****s, but it all came together eventually.

I don't see why so many people seem to hate Mohinder and Parkman. Ask people who their favorite character is, and you're mostly going to get Hiro and Claire. Woo, Japanese Dork and a Hot Cheerleader! Boring; I'll take Parkman. He's the only one who's still playing the 'everyman' role they were all supposed to have in season one.
2008-10-17, 2:49 PM #65
Personally Sylar's my favourite with Parkman second.

Claire is just annoying.
nope.
2008-10-17, 2:57 PM #66
I hate Parkman.
2008-10-17, 2:58 PM #67
Sylar definitely got more interesting this season. We got a little about what makes him tick before, but his current storyline is plain gold.
2008-10-17, 4:40 PM #68
Sylar, Hiro / Ando, and Noah Bennet are my favorite characters.
2008-10-17, 5:20 PM #69
I think the show has used up all of it's plotlines so much that it has NOWHERE to go.

A linderman: dead. No mysterious connections to linderman like in season 1 to explain everything.

B Claire's Father:
1 He's working for the company he swore to protect his daughter from and
2 he's working with the guy he swore to keep away from his daughter (Sylar), who also
3 has no motivation to find Claire anymore.

So he needs to stop spazzing out and accept he's now a pointless character. Doesn't have a legitimate purpose. At best he "knows" some random secrets.

C Hiro/Ando:
The writers made something up because Hiro/Ando's theme is "let's save the world." and they needed something else to save it from. So...they came up with the stupid formula.

D: Save the world:
Can't save the world anymore so let's make them save it from something else! A future where people kill other heroes. A future where the planet get's torn in half? What happens in season 4? The "solar system blows up?" The "universe implodes?"

E: Mojinder:
He can't narrate and be moral fiber or give insight and hope to other characters or the audience because he's apparantly mutated himself into a spider.
Whatever.

G: Nathan Petrelli.
Nice that he found God, but unless he incorporate's/explains religion and superhuman powers or something interesting, I'm tired of hearing about his new "faith."
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2008-10-17, 6:09 PM #70
Originally posted by JM:
We got a little about what makes him tick before, but his current storyline is plain gold.

Pun intended?
2008-10-20, 10:11 PM #71
Tonight's episode was just a huge setup episode ... but man am I excited now. I actually really like this "Petrelli family" storyline. >_< Can't wait for next week.

(Oh, and I wonder if the writers read Massassi? Peter used invisibility tonight. El oh el)

I don't like how Peter lost all his powers though. That just reeks of a "solve the "Peter has the hunger" issue" copout, which I feel like has a ton of potential as a source of tension. And God knows Peter's probably going to get them all back. Except for the hunger. Or something.

I don't know whether to like Arthur Petrelli's power or not. It seems like it's the same as Peter's except instead of power mimicry it's power theft.
一个大西瓜
2008-10-20, 10:18 PM #72
He's Rogue.
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2008-10-20, 10:20 PM #73
They redeemed themselves with tonights episode. Peter used invisibility, there was a cool fight between Sylar and Peter, Hiro quit being a ***** and used his power to go back in time (although it didn't work out in one instance), and it explained why he didn't use his power before. The Puppeteer scene was awesome and well thought out, although I suspected it immediately when the revolver came into the scene

Plus, everything is coming together better than previous seasons. Parkman is still the most boring character. Whoever plays Claire's biological mom is hot as ****.
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2008-10-20, 10:50 PM #74
Quality of the show is crap for much of what Veger point out.

What the **** was the whole point of the Claire/Mom/Not Mom and that puppeteer guy? I was seriously going "where the hell are we going with this?"
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2008-10-20, 11:01 PM #75
It's just drama. Not everything has to have a significance in the plot >_< although knowing Heroes it probably will end up leading to something.
一个大西瓜
2008-10-21, 8:03 AM #76
Originally posted by drizzt2k2:
Whoever plays Claire's biological mom is hot as ****.

pun intended?

but i would have to agree
2008-10-21, 10:41 AM #77
I liked last night's episode. First really quality episode of the season.
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2008-10-22, 7:59 PM #78
Originally posted by Pommy:

I don't know whether to like Arthur Petrelli's power or not. It seems like it's the same as Peter's except instead of power mimicry it's power theft.

Well I guess if Parkman can have the same power as his father, I don't see why Peter can't have a similar power to his.
nope.
2008-10-22, 8:34 PM #79
It's comic books brought to the TV.

Enjoy it for what it is, quit *****ing, and grab some ****ing popcorn. The plot is convoluted, ****ed up, and not necessarily all that great, but you get great eye candy and fun times. I've ceased to see it as the amazing show it was in Season 1. It's now just "good".
D E A T H
2008-10-22, 8:49 PM #80
Which is why i still watch it. I am however allowed to be annoyed at the bad acting :P

↑ Up to the top!