Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Doom3 Is NOT Doom
Doom3 Is NOT Doom
2004-08-19, 8:45 AM #81
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:
Lemme get this out of the way--I hate Half-Life. I hate it.

Now that that's done, Black Mesa reminds me NOTHING of Doom 3's labs, or vice versa. You forget Carmack had dreamt these things up long before Half-Life came to fruition. Think about it. They had just started working on it in 2000.

Bill you don't seem to understand--Half-Life is not original in any way, shape or form as far as events/storyline goes. [EDIT: As compared to Half-Life]

</font>

Alright, I'm done commenting. I'd just like to point out here, though, that after this little outburst I sure as hell expect to not be called a HL fanboy again in my time here.

------------------
Moo.
Moo.
2004-08-19, 9:16 AM #82
Amen to that Brian!

------------------
Cheers, Jepman
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2004-08-19, 9:31 AM #83
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jepman:
Amen to that Brian!

</font>

WTF?? Is it just me, or have you not been around in a loooooong time?

------------------
"If there's one thing I've learned it's this - you just can't shake hands with a fist" - David Allen Coe
2004-08-19, 10:06 AM #84
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by R_ivi_N:
Slightly off topic: I wish Romero would suck it up and go back to id. Romero with id, good. Romero on his own, not so good.

</font>

Romero didn't just quit id; he was fired. In fact, Carmack was in favor of him being fired. It's all in the book, "Masters of Doom." [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity."

-Albert Einstein

[This message has been edited by SG1_129 (edited August 19, 2004).]
2004-08-19, 10:11 AM #85
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SG1_129:
Romero didn't just quit id; he was fired. In fact, Carmack was in favor of him being fired. It's all in the book, "Masters of Doom." [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

</font>

There's a book about this stuff? I was having a good day, now I'm sad for the future of this planet.

------------------
free mp3 ~Jump - Young America

new album Between the Dim and the Dark available now
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2004-08-19, 11:13 AM #86
The book was actually very enjoyable, although I have less respect for Carmack than I did before I read it. I thought of him as a bad *** programmer who makes cool graphics engines, but now I see him as a punk kid who threatens to "take my toys and go home" every time someone doesn't agree with him.

------------------
Brian's Web Log is CLOSED.
2004-08-19, 11:34 AM #87
He's still a genius. Amazing programmer. Amazing rocket scientist.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-08-19, 11:35 AM #88
Oh? Can someone sum up what actually happened with Romero and Carmack?
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2004-08-19, 12:01 PM #89
Doesn't Creed (or the remnants thereof) need a new lead singer? Romero was destined for such a position.

------------------
Cantina Cloud | BCF | The Massassian 1, 2 & 3 | Gonk WoW Petition <- SIGN!
Corrupting the kiddies since '97
2004-08-19, 2:35 PM #90
Actually I hadn't come to this site in over 3 months and posted in over a year :P

------------------
Cheers, Jepman
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2004-08-19, 2:56 PM #91
They have a new lead singer.

I'm personally siding with Tremonti on this one too. He's a good guitarist.

------------------
Change is never a choice. You change, and you are who you have become. And there's not a damned thing you can do about it.
>>untie shoes
2004-08-19, 2:59 PM #92
Wow. Thanks for the hi-jack, people

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-08-19, 3:56 PM #93
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bill:
They have a new lead singer.

I'm personally siding with Tremonti on this one too. He's a good guitarist.

</font>

Yeah, it's the singer from Mayfield Four, and he's awesome. Too bad they suck as a whole...

------------------
"I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I pretend to be." -Janis Joplin
2004-08-19, 3:59 PM #94
Yeah but Scott Stapp was a little too "God ROCKS!" for me.

------------------
Change is never a choice. You change, and you are who you have become. And there's not a damned thing you can do about it.
>>untie shoes
2004-08-19, 5:17 PM #95
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mort-Hog:
Oh? Can someone sum up what actually happened with Romero and Carmack?</font>

Romero started riding the wave of fame and Carmack got sick of him slacking off.

------------------
"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity."

-Albert Einstein

↑ Up to the top!