Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Duke Nukem Forever...dead
Duke Nukem Forever...dead
2009-05-10, 4:33 PM #81
Originally posted by Cloud:

For christ's sake people, this isn't hard to understand:

DUKE NUKEM FOREVER IS NOT THE DUKE NUKEM TRILOGY

Duke Nukem Forever is effectively canceled. Duke Nukem Trilogy is NOT a sequel, it's a port of the classics to the PSP and DS(?). Take Two owns the rights to the license to publish, but has long stopped putting forth money for the sequel. The fact that they allowed 3DRealms to die is a good way to say "Duke Nukem Forever is dead".

Stop confusing them.
2009-05-10, 5:34 PM #82
I thought the trilogy was supposed to be three new portable console games, not a port.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2009-05-10, 5:50 PM #83
Originally posted by Cool Matty:
For christ's sake people, this isn't hard to understand:

DUKE NUKEM FOREVER IS NOT THE DUKE NUKEM TRILOGY

Duke Nukem Forever is effectively canceled. Duke Nukem Trilogy is NOT a sequel, it's a port of the classics to the PSP and DS(?). Take Two owns the rights to the license to publish, but has long stopped putting forth money for the sequel. The fact that they allowed 3DRealms to die is a good way to say "Duke Nukem Forever is dead".

Stop confusing them.

He said Duke Nukem was not dead, not Duke Nukem Forever.
2009-05-10, 6:23 PM #84
I hope some version of classic Duke comes to iPhone! The classic Wolfenstein is awesome (or rather, it was awesome until the latest update when they crapped up all the textures for no apparent reason).
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2009-05-11, 5:08 PM #85
Sorry, I guess I should have been more clear. Just wanted to affirm that the franchise isn't dead yet.
2009-05-11, 5:40 PM #86
This thread isn't about the franchise, it's about DNL. which is very much DNR.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2009-05-11, 5:49 PM #87
Guys!

Is Duke Nukem Dead Forever?
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2009-05-11, 5:50 PM #88
JEP IS A LEMON AND I WANT MY MONEY BACK.
nope.
2009-05-11, 11:35 PM #89

Newly released Duke Nukem Screenies!
\(='_'=)/
2009-05-12, 4:42 AM #90
Thank god it was cancel, it had crappy vehicle portions!
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2009-05-12, 5:37 AM #91
ALWAYS BET ON DUKE
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2009-05-12, 8:50 AM #92
I liked Manhattan Project
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2009-05-12, 9:20 AM #93
The funny thing about this entire situation is that, gauging the reaction in the online community alone, this could easily be used as a publicity stunt to boost sales for a game that has as much skewed history as DNF does.
2009-05-12, 12:25 PM #94
I concur. If in a few weeks it gets a release date, people will go nuts and pre-order like mad.

I'm not saying it will happen. I'm also not saying it was a wet dream I had last night.

All I'm saying is, a guy can hope, right?
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009

↑ Up to the top!