Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → What have you accomplished today?
What have you accomplished today?
2009-10-17, 10:07 AM #81
Haha yeah usually, but I'm done for the season. No one goes into the West Canada Lakes Wilderness Area after Columbus Day and before Memorial Day. The roads into the trailheads aren't plowed in the winter for one thing.

Also, most I've ever hiked in a day on the job was 30 miles. Most I've ever hiked in a day on my own was about 35 miles.
2009-10-17, 10:25 AM #82
West Canada Lakes Wilderness Area?
2009-10-17, 10:26 AM #83
was it named on opposite day or something
2009-10-17, 12:38 PM #84
Haha, it was named after one of the major tributaries that flows out of it, the West Canada Creek. The creek got it's name back in the early days of the colonization of New York, and was so named because it flowed from the general direction of Canada. It wasn't until years later that it was finally traveled to it's source and discovered that it didnt come from anywhere near Canada.
2009-10-18, 12:31 PM #85
I finally mastered the art of .......... parallel parking!
I've never really had to do it until I moved again last month. I've been driving almost a decade, and have only parallel parked probably 5 times before recently.

I've slowly went from only parking with a huge gap (even driving past open spots I can now easily master having to walk like 10 minutes since I looked for an open spot that I could handle) to being able to park in small gaps. I've only bumped two cars so far too (j/k)! But my depth/distance perception is so bad I think I'm about to hit another car when there is easily another couple feet.

↑ Up to the top!