Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Dragon Age: Origins
Dragon Age: Origins
2009-11-12, 7:21 AM #81
Is it better than actual art that you could put your penis inside?

p.s. post screens
2009-11-12, 10:52 AM #82
Quote:
I'm making art here.

You're excused then. Although, Saber makes a very good point/question :P
2009-11-12, 12:40 PM #83
Depends. Are we talking about a sculpture or a painting?
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2009-11-12, 12:55 PM #84
That all might depend on which form of penetration you desire.
2009-11-12, 1:26 PM #85
Originally posted by Michael MacFarlane:
Depends. Are we talking about a sculpture or a painting?

We're talking The Agony and the Ecstasy style Michelangelo work here.
2009-11-12, 2:56 PM #86
Oh, then no.
2009-11-12, 3:01 PM #87
jep he looks just like you!
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2009-11-12, 5:03 PM #88
Hey cool, I'm not the only one who makes player characters look like my dream mate.
2009-11-13, 7:40 PM #89
Blood mage seems so OP. A huge AOE with dmg over time and stun...damn
2009-11-14, 1:11 AM #90
I'm on the last legs of the end quest on my first playthrough. This game has been amazing. There's a novel (of course -- every game seems to get a book these days) that tells Maric's story. Probably going to pick it up tomorrow.
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2009-11-15, 7:21 AM #91
I started over last week, since I wanted to have a group comprising of Alistair, Morrigan and Lelianna. Due to my main character being a tank, I had originally attributed the wrong abilities to Alistair. In my second attempt I turned him into a dual-wield warrior and the son of a ***** sure destroys. By replaying, I was also able to get the tanking abilities down and its been a kick *** experience since.

I gotta say, this game is brutal at times. Some of the decisions you make are down right difficult. I love it.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2009-11-15, 8:46 AM #92
I did notice that the choice of responses that you are given have far more shades of grey than previous RPGs. You might usually get good, evil, and mercenary responses, but the dialogue in this is far more realistic. I'll be listening to an NPC speak and in my mind I already know how I'd respond, and then the choices come up and more often than not, there it is.

Part of me wishes there was less combat so I could talk to people more, even despite the quite satisfying death blow animations.

On that note, does anyone know of any downside to giving your companions gifts? From the manual it sounds like, because the value depreciates the more you give, they're supposed to be used as "get out of jail free" cards when you've sunk too low in someone's estimation. But I haven't seen many opportunities to actually raise or lower the way people think about me and I get to see much more back story by lavishing them with presents.

I've been at home visiting my parents this weekend and a part of me actually can't wait to go back to my house and play >.>
2009-11-15, 9:04 AM #93
If you give your companion certain gifts, it initiates a special conversation which results in a massive boost. This is independent from the number of gifts you've already given them.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2009-11-15, 9:36 AM #94
I've noticed that. I was just wondering if gifts were the main (and best) way of raising approval, since that went against the impression I got from the manual and lead to me hoarding them (and thus using up inventory space).
2009-11-15, 2:56 PM #95
Actually, I hate the gift system and excluding very specific "Plot" gifts, like the Bronze Andraste Symbol (for Alistair) and the Black Tome (for Morrigan), I don't hand them over. I find its a cheap, unrestricted way to raise other's approval. I much prefer to do (or fail at it) through the dialogue.

I've raised Morrigan's approval of me to the maximum through my actions and our dialogue alone, exclude aforementioned gift.

There are no negative sides to it, no, and it appears to gift will insult anyone, even if you try to hand over a 'raw beef leg' obviously intended for your warhound to someone like Wynne or Morrigan.
2009-11-15, 5:06 PM #96
Even the non-plot gifts are more favoured by specific characters though, you have to know enough about the characters to know what gifts are best for them, which is seems kind of realistic to me. I'm also fairly sure that the meat gifts are for Sten, not your dog (who always has maximum affinity for you).

Random gifts can only raise affinity so far, and there's not enough gifts in the game for just piling on random gifts to be enough to max out everyone's (or maybe even anyone's) affinity.

I've given Morrigan loads of random gifts, along with all her specific gifts, and she still doesn't like me very much, simply because I'm not mean enough for her tastes.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2009-11-15, 5:32 PM #97
Actually its the paintings that are meant for Sten, not the meat
2009-11-15, 8:35 PM #98
Originally posted by Jep:
Actually its the paintings that are meant for Sten, not the meat

he likes both. oghren also likes meat as well as alcohol.
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2009-11-15, 10:15 PM #99
I didn't quite get why there are gifts for Dog at all, since he starts at 100% approval and I haven't ever seen it decrease.

↑ Up to the top!