Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Post your favorite lego sets!
Post your favorite lego sets!
2009-11-20, 11:29 AM #81
Tie-ins sell more than their traditional sets: Star Wars is their best selling set ever.

Infact theres only 2 non-tiein sets available at the moment.*

*At the moment being 1 year ago.
nope.
2009-11-20, 7:36 PM #82
Three separate thoughts.

When I was seven, my mom got me a huge knock-off castle for christmas. Looking back, it was actually good quality - lots of pieces, compatible with lego, pieces stayed together well. But she put it together, so I came down christmas morning and found the castle ALREADY ASSEMBLED. I was upset.

Knex has gone down hill too. Used to be a bunch of simple reusable pieces. Now it's a couple ordinary pieces and a few giant special ones per set.

I have an awesome lego ship I made around somewhere, but I think I lost one of the wings...
2009-11-20, 7:53 PM #83
Originally posted by JM:
But she put it together, so I came down christmas morning and found the castle ALREADY ASSEMBLED. I was upset.

EPIC FAIL. :downswords:
2009-11-20, 8:39 PM #84
Guess I don't have that thing anymore. I thought I did, but it turned out to be a stock lego tie interceptor.

But oh man it was awesome. You'll just have to take my word on it.
2009-11-20, 8:47 PM #85
I kind of moved on from legos to building plastic models.... They keep me occupied these days.
>>untie shoes
2009-11-20, 8:52 PM #86
Moms just don't understand, do they? Why would we ask for toys that have to be assembled in the first place?
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2009-11-21, 12:33 AM #87
Originally posted by JediKirby:
Moms just don't understand, do they? Why would we ask for toys that have to be assembled in the first place?

If our mother doesn't understand that men have to build things, our father has failed.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2009-11-21, 5:15 AM #88
I replaced legos with computer programming.
2009-11-21, 10:37 AM #89
Originally posted by JM:
I replaced legos with computer programming.

[http://stochastix.files.wordpress.com/2006/12/lego_babbage.jpg]
2009-11-21, 10:59 AM #90
I'd have to say my favorite thing about legos was building things they hadn't created yet. For example the star wars sets. When my best friend and I were hardcore into them, we would build ships they hadn't comeout with at the time (red diplomatic ship, ATT, Imperial Waveskimmer, Tie fighter, etc.)
"They're everywhere, the little harlots."
-Martyn
2009-11-21, 11:12 AM #91
My brother built a badass juggernaught (thing with 8 wheels) once, and it was pretty big too. I loved it.
DO NOT WANT.
2009-11-21, 11:23 AM #92
Originally posted by Onimusha:
I'd have to say my favorite thing about legos was building things they hadn't created yet. For example the star wars sets. When my best friend and I were hardcore into them, we would build ships they hadn't comeout with at the time (red diplomatic ship, ATT, Imperial Waveskimmer, Tie fighter, etc.)

Um yea that's pretty much the point of legos.

Good job on your revelation.
2009-11-21, 1:40 PM #93
Originally posted by Squirrel King:
Um yea that's pretty much the point of legos.

Good job on your revelation.

Except I mean building upon the same ideas lego used but for things they hadn't come out with yet. Not "look mom I built a house".

Dip****. :downswords:
"They're everywhere, the little harlots."
-Martyn
2009-11-21, 1:58 PM #94
I fail to see the difference.
As you put it...
Look mom I made a ADSGDSGDSG
Look mom I made a Tie fighter.

Not trying to be a dick. I am being a dick though.
Just because Lego DID something doesn't hinder the imagination of a child.
2009-11-21, 2:17 PM #95
Originally posted by Onimusha:
Except I mean building upon the same ideas lego used but for things they hadn't come out with yet. Not "look mom I built a house".

Dip****. :downswords:

I don't want to derail this, but really why are you so touchy about everything all of the time? :confused:
nope.
2009-11-21, 2:35 PM #96
I made an ADSGDSGDSG
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY

↑ Up to the top!