Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Secting suicide
Secting suicide
2009-12-08, 8:13 AM #81
Originally posted by mb:
  1. Youre an idiot.
  2. This was clearly an unhealthy relationship
  3. You're not a doctor.
  4. You're an idiot.
  5. Maybe you're a whore!
  6. or maybe not, but you're still an idiot.
  7. Oh yea, way to backpedal. The point is, you're an idiot.

MB, tell us what you really think about Oni?:P
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2009-12-08, 10:19 AM #82
Originally posted by Deadman:
Except for the fact that theres a thought running through their head about how much everyone will be better off without them.
Mum will stop worrying so much/having to spend money on me/I'm just a drain anyway
So depressed, making everyone around me miserable, they'll be happier when I'm gone.
etc etc

No, that's bull. Their motives are selfish. "I'm in pain. I'm in trouble. I'm sad. I want it to end. They'll miss me when I'm gone." Mom won't be happy when you go ****ing hang yourself. My friends won't be happy when they find out I killed myself over some ******* in my History class. It's pure selfishness.

Is it sad that it had to come to this? Of course. Should things like this happen? I hope not. Is it an unfortunate situation for her loved ones? Of course.

I'm not going to take this as far as Oni, but the girl was pretty dumb and ****ed up in the head, long before those pictures ever got around.
2009-12-08, 11:07 AM #83
"They'll miss me when I'm gone."

Yeah, most suicidal people don't think that, Steven.
2009-12-08, 11:21 AM #84
So much speculation, so little fact.
2009-12-08, 1:16 PM #85
Originally posted by Steven:
No, that's bull. Their motives are selfish. "I'm in pain. I'm in trouble. I'm sad. I want it to end. They'll miss me when I'm gone." Mom won't be happy when you go ****ing hang yourself. My friends won't be

Yeah, you nothing about what goes through their heads.
I do.
No-on who thinks "they'll miss me when I'm gone" is serious about it.
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2009-12-08, 1:39 PM #86
Originally posted by Deadman:
Yeah, you nothing about what goes through their heads.
I do.
No-on who thinks "they'll miss me when I'm gone" is serious about it.

Being that you are omniscient, I will accept your answers.
2009-12-08, 1:43 PM #87

You don't have to be omniscient to know something that obvious.
2009-12-08, 3:30 PM #88
The scientist in me weeps.
2009-12-08, 4:17 PM #89
Originally posted by Cool Matty:
"They'll miss me when I'm gone."

Yeah, most suicidal people don't think that, Steven.

I think Steven meant to say "they'll be happier when I'm gone".
2009-12-08, 4:21 PM #90
I find it pretty funny that no one has fixed the title :D
2009-12-08, 5:18 PM #91
Originally posted by Anakin9012:
I think Steven meant to say "they'll be happier when I'm gone".

Yes it is, I hadn't notice my mistake, sorry
2009-12-08, 5:27 PM #92
Originally posted by saberopus:
I find it pretty funny that no one has fixed the title :D

I did that on purpose >_>
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2009-12-08, 5:59 PM #93
It sounds like a religious suicide from the title.
2009-12-08, 7:18 PM #94
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
So much speculation, so little fact.

It's confirmed.

They think "nobody is going to miss me when I'm gone." They feel completely alone and helpless.

I agree that suicide as a stupid choice, but to her, it was the best option.

You change based on the world around you, and the world around her didn't seem to want her there, so she left. Her mistake.
2009-12-09, 12:44 AM #95
There's a distinction to be made between suicidal people (the ones that commit suicide) and 'suicidal' people (the ones that make the empty threats for attention). They're two different situations. Steven seems to think only the latter exist. Probably because he's a douchebag.

Being suicidal is a symptom of much greater issues. It is not, of itself, an illness.
Sure, sometimes it's a bitter act of defiance like murder-suicides for whatever reasons or a spiteful act of ultimate self-indulgence but it's only a result that can be reached via many different problems, and most often it is an act of utter despair to ease the pressures of others. They do it because they believe they are the problem. Sounds pretty selfless to me, even if its a conclusion born from delusion.

Which is exactly what suicidal thoughts are. In the way that anorexics are deluded into thinking they are fat, suicidals are deluded into thinking they have to end their lives. Whatever reason for doing it does not define the illness.

People seem to think being suicidal is an illness or disorder. It isn't. It's a symptom - a warning sign. And an extreme one at that. Problem is that in these circumstances the person suffering these issues tend to keep it to themselves, not wanting to burden others with their troubles. That's why parents and friends are often so shocked at what happened - it's not just the typical praise and bull**** you usually hear at funerals, it's just that they never knew what their child/friend was going through.

There simply isn't enough information in the topic article to discern the deeper reasons behind why the girl killed herself. Common sense would tell us that the school-yard scandal was a trigger but then suicide and suicidal behaviour and thoughts are not rational. One thing you all need to be aware of is that this isn't any kind of manic delusion - they aren't claiming to be Jesus or being otherwise erratic. You probably wouldn't know they wanted to kill themselves unless they outright told you so. And to finally kill oneself still requires overcoming the basic instinct of avoiding death. That doesn't happen overnight. Going from being depressed to killing themselves is a long time coming and is a good indicator that she was having emotional problems since before she sent a nude picture of herself to her boyfriend.

Saying she's an idiot is pretty ****ing arrogant and illustrates a profoundly sickening deficiency in basic human empathy. It has nothing to do with intelligence. Calling someone a whore for being intimate with their partner must be the result of some deeper social issue I don't understand. Hey Oni, your mom has been intimate with your dad. What a whore. Saying something like "She didn't have to kill herself, that was her bad." illustrates a backwards understanding of suicide. It wasn't a clear-thought, 'boo-hoo life is hard' decision. It was a ****ing tragedy fueled by douchebags that act exactly like Oni and blaming her for it is equally tragic.

So what's the resolve here? Oni was legitimate in his initial postings and is, in fact, so terrified of the concept that being a douchebag can have repercussions that he lashes out at the girl.
Or, Oni was legitimate in his backpedaling, "lol troll'd" comment and is, in fact, a totally hardcore dude because he finds it funny that people kill themselves and equally funny that people find that point of view unacceptable.

Yet another worthwhile thread.
2009-12-09, 6:47 AM #96
Also amusing is the fact that he hasn't posted since.
2009-12-09, 8:40 AM #97
Maybe he killed himself.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2009-12-09, 10:03 AM #98
Originally posted by Xzero:
It's confirmed.

They think "nobody is going to miss me when I'm gone." They feel completely alone and helpless.

I agree that suicide as a stupid choice, but to her, it was the best option.

You change based on the world around you, and the world around her didn't seem to want her there, so she left. Her mistake.

[citation needed]

Is it just possible that different peoples' actions might be motivated by a wide range on motives depending on their personality and situation?

:carl:
2009-12-09, 11:30 AM #99

I just know what went through my head.
2009-12-09, 12:24 PM #100
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:
Maybe he killed himself.

I didn't think anybody was actually going to say it.

You're braver than I!
2009-12-09, 12:30 PM #101
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
Is it just possible that different peoples' actions might be motivated by a wide range on motives depending on their personality and situation?

Theres this too

↑ Up to the top!