Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Rally to Restore Sanity and or Fear
Rally to Restore Sanity and or Fear
2010-11-01, 2:56 AM #41
Sometimes people are kept around in order to galvanise the community.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2010-11-01, 3:06 AM #42
Originally posted by Detty:
galvanise

greeeeeeat.... now I have that Chemical Brothers song stuck in my head.
>>untie shoes
2010-11-01, 5:57 AM #43
PUSH THE BUTTON.
2010-11-01, 6:12 AM #44
Originally posted by Antony:
greeeeeeat.... now I have that Chemical Brothers song stuck in my head.

http://www.starvingeyes.com/archive/games/chemicalbrothers/

?

:v:
2010-11-01, 7:53 AM #45
Hahaha. I love that game.
>>untie shoes
2010-11-01, 3:15 PM #46
How have you arrived at that conclusion?

The most likely to be accurate estimates place Beck's rally at at least 300,000. I hadn't seen official estimates for the comedy rally when I made the comment but reports were that it was in the tens of thousands. It could be that Beck's rally was of a smaller magnitude as large. Regardless, I'm not really buying that the CBS estimates are accurate (they contracted the survey) based solely on their word. Looking at aerial views of the crowds it certainly wouldn't seem plausible that there were three times as many people at the comedy rally, either. Now, if you look at the silly highlighted image that shows the supposed footprint of the rallies, sure, but not the actual aerials.

And who's the radical "islamist"

Yusuf’s allegedly supports the fatwah against Salman Rushdie. I have to say allegedly because all of the clips of his comments were removed from YouTube, most likely at his request. Still, there's always google. Again, I don't really care but it just seems like a strange choice for the restoring sanity part. Maybe it was intended to fit in with the restoring fear part.

For while it works:

"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2010-11-01, 3:19 PM #47
Everything I've seen places the attendance from Beck's rally at roughly 87,000. Though he claims there were at least 500,000 people there, I don't really know if I'd rather go with Mr Beck's gut feeling about the attendance over an estimate provided by a company that does specifically that.
>>untie shoes
2010-11-01, 3:27 PM #48
Everything I've seen places the attendance from Beck's rally at roughly 87,000. Though he claims there were at least 500,000 people there, I don't really know if I'd rather go with Mr Beck's gut feeling about the attendance over an estimate provided by a company that does specifically that.

I understand that sentiment. Much of my skepticism has to do with the varied media reports that had attendance all over the place, maybe most of them have now settled on 87K since there is supposed credibility, but all lower than rallies on the left, or in this case the comedy rally, or Obama events when the aerial photos all show the 8/28 rally dwarfing other events with higher estimates. And, no, I'm not talking about the emaculation (recent inauguration).
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2010-11-01, 3:33 PM #49
Here's a present for Wookie, since he seems to be having a rough time of it itt:

2010-11-01, 4:30 PM #50
Wow, I rapidly clicked through the video to see what the point was. After getting to the end and watching that, I have decided to find 10.5 minutes to watch the entire thing.

2010-11-01, 4:37 PM #51
Originally posted by Wookie06:
Yusuf’s allegedly supports the fatwah against Salman Rushdie. I have to say allegedly because all of the clips of his comments were removed from YouTube, most likely at his request.

Yeah, because it was 20 years ago and he's since admitted that he was wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat_Stevens'_comments_about_Salman_Rushdie
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2010-11-01, 4:38 PM #52
My rally is bigger than your rally
2010-11-01, 4:39 PM #53
Seriously, who even cares? Why does it matter?
2010-11-01, 4:40 PM #54
Want to kill 9/11 hipster
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2010-11-01, 4:42 PM #55
Originally posted by Emon:

STOP BEING SO REASONABLE

o.0
2010-11-01, 4:48 PM #56
Originally posted by Emon:

I don't really care but whenever Wookie06 opens his mouth a giant turd flops out and he demands everyone calls it a pretty flower. I know it's pointless to argue with him, and the silliness just keeps going round and round, but my inner instincts win out and yell "Hell no! That's a turd!"
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2010-11-01, 5:04 PM #57
most likely to be accurate estimates ... official estimates for ... smaller magnitude as large ... estimates are accurate ... it certainly wouldn't seem plausible
blah blah blah you are just so full of ****.

The statistics were not gathered or analyzed by CBS. CBS commissioned the study from a private company which had been previously hired by conservative groups to measure crowds at Tea Party events.

You made up a number - read: lied - and you've been called on it. Be a ****ing man and admit it.
2010-11-01, 5:43 PM #58
I "made up a number" based on the premise that "tens of thousands" appeared at the comedy rally. It was likely in the neighborhood of 30,000-50,000 people which would be about a tenth of the 300,000-500,000 that showed up to Beck's. Of course, using those likely estimates, it could be as low as a sixth.

2010-11-01, 5:46 PM #59
I "made up a number" based on the premise that "tens of thousands" appeared at the comedy rally. It was likely in the neighborhood of 30,000-50,000 people which would be about a tenth of the 300,000-500,000 that showed up to Beck's. Of course, using those likely estimates, it could be as low as a sixth.

[http://www.streamhead.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/virtual_reality.jpg]
2010-11-01, 5:51 PM #60

You lied, based on bull**** you made up.
2010-11-01, 5:52 PM #61

How do you not see that you have no support for this? Please, provide ONE SHRED OF EVIDENCE that your numbers are correct in any way.

Also

[http://punditkitchen.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/063b390d-b4d3-4bc4-8172-d247c814c344.png]
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2010-11-01, 6:17 PM #62
is all this anger the result of spending a decade+ together? if so, to hell with marriage
2010-11-01, 6:19 PM #63
this anger is the result of wookie making **** up purely to troll

and at the admins for not caring

I mean, come on. Plenty of people get banned for posting stupid ****. How is this any different?

o.0
2010-11-01, 6:27 PM #64
Because wookie may actually be dumb enough to belief what he writes
2010-11-01, 6:29 PM #65
Yeah, the only evidence that there were hundreds of thousands at Beck's rally is the fact that Beck says there were. There is no basis in reality for this at all.
>>untie shoes
2010-11-01, 6:39 PM #66
Reality is severely against Beck and Wookie06. All evidence (not to mention common sense) points to Beck's lying (not to mention insanity). I'm not just talking about Beck's rally, either.
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2010-11-01, 6:51 PM #67
The major news/media companies (in this case Turner, NBC, Newscorp, CBS, Disney, Viacom) all stand to gain an enormous amount of advertising revenue if they can convince people that a very small minority of vocal, white, racist, lower-middle class radical right Christians are a larger group and more dangerous than they really are.

What's important is that the only open, scientific research conducted on the crowd sizes of Tea Party events show that their attendance is a full order of magnitude smaller than the popular media is reporting. That's across the board - not just Beck's event.

Tea Partiers are the 21st century's hippies.
2010-11-01, 6:53 PM #68
Originally posted by Deadman:
Reality is severely against Beck and Wookie06. All evidence (not to mention common sense) points to Beck's lying (not to mention insanity). I'm not just talking about Beck's rally, either.

Beck's not insane, he's just egotistical, career-minded and opportunistic. He doesn't believe a word of anything he's ever said. It was always his career plan to stage something like this, and if the opportunity came when he was still working for CNN I ****ing guarantee he'd have been sharing that stage with Rev. Sharpton.

He's just like Bill O'Reilly. He has no integrity at all.
2010-11-01, 6:56 PM #69
Originally posted by Jon`C:
Tea Partiers are the 21st century's hippies.

You mean it's a meaningless movement that grossly overstates its importance and will eventually be forgotten by everyone aside from the few stragglers who still embrace the idiotic ideals decades later?
>>untie shoes
2010-11-01, 6:59 PM #70
You mean it's a meaningless movement that grossly overstates its importance and will eventually be forgotten by everyone aside from the few stragglers who still embrace the idiotic ideals decades later?

Being falsely promoted as a pervasive influence that is subverting democracy and threatening the American way of life? When in reality they're a three-man circle-jerk of clueless, half-witted, loud-mouthed selfish drop-outs with no idea how the world really works? Yeah.
2010-11-01, 7:10 PM #71
Except that there havent been peacful protests by college tea partiers that have been fired on by the national guard, and I don't remember reading anything about the being many nominees in the 60's that ran entirely on the fact that they were hippies, and were major frontrunners of their electorate.
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2010-11-01, 7:11 PM #72
You over estimate the odds that tea partiers have of actually getting elected.
>>untie shoes
2010-11-01, 7:32 PM #73
Originally posted by alpha1:
Except that there havent been peacful protests by college tea partiers that have been fired on by the national guard,
Yeah, firing on peaceful protests is really more of a "Republican" thing, isn't it?

Not sure why you'd be surprised anyway. There haven't been any peaceful protests from Tea Partiers. It's an inherently violent movement, headed by inherently violent people and supported by men and women who profit from violence. Between those racist dudes who open carried AR-15s to an Obama speech, those racist dudes who complained about how the Mexicans are stealing their jobs, and those racist Tea Party popular figures who curb-stomped that woman a few days back, and I think it's pretty easy to make conclusions about the kinds of people who are attracted to this movement.

Quote:
and I don't remember reading anything about the being many nominees in the 60's that ran entirely on the fact that they were hippies, and were major frontrunners of their electorate.
The only politicians who are flocking to the Tea Party banner are opportunistic fringe politicians who can't get support from a mainstream party, like Rand Paul. And because the Tea Party has no group cohesion and basically zero hope of forming a platform without splintering into a million special interest groups it's basically the same thing as running as an independent.
2010-11-01, 7:45 PM #74
Originally posted by Spook:
How do you not see that you have no support for this? Please, provide ONE SHRED OF EVIDENCE that your numbers are correct in any way.

Well, how on Earth would you expect the lamestream media to actually provide any realistic support for the attendees of the 8-28 rally? All you can really do is compare the estimates of rallies such as 8-28, 10-2, and 10-31 and view the crowd photos to see how realistic they are being. They is little evidence that 10-2 and 10-31 rallies approached the size of 8-28.

Originally posted by Greenboy:
this anger is the result of wookie making **** up purely to troll

and at the admins for not caring

I mean, come on. Plenty of people get banned for posting stupid ****. How is this any different?

Well, it could be that Antony requested the discussion. It could also be that my comments were concise, to my point and easily disregarded if you simply want to ignore them.

Originally posted by Jon`C:
Being falsely promoted as a pervasive influence that is subverting democracy and threatening the American way of life? When in reality they're a three-man circle-jerk of clueless, half-witted, loud-mouthed selfish drop-outs with no idea how the world really works? Yeah.

All of this hate for an effervescent, grass roots movement that actually wants the government to be less involved in their lives? I wonder how you would disparage them if they were clamoring for government assistance.

2010-11-01, 7:51 PM #75
I'd like to know why "less government" is always equal with "good."

I hate government involvement! Except, you know, for those times they get involved that benefit me.
2010-11-01, 8:07 PM #76
what realy makes me laugh is that in england, there were protests recently about the fact that there was a REDUCTION in government spending.
2010-11-01, 8:09 PM #77
Well, it could be that Antony requested the discussion. It could also be that my comments were concise, to my point and easily disregarded if you simply want to ignore them.
Wookie06's real name is Steve Lambert, a mentally retarded homosexual who was hospitalized as an adolescent and subjected to repeated shock treatments in an effort to cure him of his sexual preferences. He recently contracted hepatitis after a violent pegging by Dick Cheney's lesbian daughter with an unsanitary strap-on.

It's not "lying." My comments are concise, to my point and easily disregarded if you simply want to ignore them.

Quote:
All of this hate for an effervescent, grass roots movement that actually wants the government to be less involved in their lives?
Effervescent? More like turbid.

Quote:
I wonder how you would disparage them if they were clamoring for government assistance.
Hmmm.... a group that wants the government to prohibit the free trade of labor in order to gain an artificial comparative advantage? Nope! No clamoring for government assistance, here!
2010-11-01, 8:11 PM #78
Honestly wookie, there are plenty of other internet messageboards filled with people who will be happy to agree with what you have to say, and spending time there will probably make you feel better as nobody there will be attacking you whenever you get into a political discussion.
2010-11-01, 8:14 PM #79
I suggest starting with stormfront.com
>>untie shoes
2010-11-01, 8:17 PM #80
I suggest starting with moon landing conspiracy sites. He'll fit in great with his stunning photo analysis skills. Seriously man, being able to tell how many people are in two different crowds based just on photos, even when the photos are different sizes, taken from different angles and altitudes, in different locations, with different crowd densities and radically different average BMIs.... he'll be busting down the door of NASA's Nevada sound stage in no time.

↑ Up to the top!