Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I was a virgin!
I was a virgin!
2010-12-07, 7:42 PM #1
WAS!!!
666, The Number of the Beast.
664, The Bloke Next Door.
Matt Bonner, The Lebron Killer
2010-12-07, 7:50 PM #2
can i have my 1 minute 23 seconds back please.
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2010-12-07, 8:04 PM #3
What the hell. . .
My blawgh.
2010-12-07, 8:17 PM #4
Originally posted by landfish:

You waited that long? :)

Someone should have gotten the hose.
"You want the truth?! You can't handle the truth!! No truth-handler you!! Bah!! I deride your truth-handling ability!!"
2010-12-07, 8:49 PM #5
I kept waiting for the punchline
2010-12-07, 9:25 PM #6
I'm still waiting for the punchline.
2010-12-07, 9:52 PM #7
[http://forums.massassi.net/appeal.jpg]
2010-12-07, 10:11 PM #8
I had no idea what to expect when i saw the thread title.

Still came out of left field
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2010-12-08, 12:52 AM #9
Strangely compelling.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2010-12-08, 5:09 AM #10
Not funny, but interesting how the black cat's body language is all 'whatever, *****'.
2010-12-08, 6:47 AM #11
yeah that wasn't funny or awesome at all. just pissed me off that some ******* would sit there and record that, instead of breaking that **** up. Srsly, all that was needed was for someone to stomp a foot nearby, and both those cats would have bolted.

And JM, the black cat's body language is not "watever, *****." It's submissive and non-combative. In a situation like that, if he had moved at all in any direction, the orange cat would have attacked. But stay still, the black cat is keeping the orange cat calm, believe it or not.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2010-12-08, 6:55 AM #12
yeah you be pissed off dude
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2010-12-08, 6:58 AM #13
Well ok "pissed off" isn't exactly the right term. But it does irritate me that there's people in this world that think that's funny or cool. In my mind, it's no better than any other form of animal cruelty.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2010-12-08, 7:04 AM #14
this thread dissapointed.
2010-12-08, 7:06 AM #15
Now it's animal cruelty to let a cat be mad? Jesus Christ.
Warhead[97]
2010-12-08, 7:12 AM #16
cats can be mad all they want. But when you come across it and all you need to do to break it up is clap your hands real loud, and instead you pull out your camera and start recording? yeah that's animal cruelty.

2010-12-08, 7:17 AM #17
PETA needs to shut down National Geographic, then, man. What a bunch of jerks.
Warhead[97]
2010-12-08, 7:19 AM #18
Quote:

THATS WHAT SHE SAID.
2010-12-08, 7:56 AM #19
Originally posted by BobTheMasher:
PETA needs to shut down National Geographic, then, man. What a bunch of jerks.

right because watching an wild animal hunt is exactly the same as making a joke of two DOMESTICATED animals on the verge of fighting.

2010-12-08, 8:14 AM #20
Yeah seriously what kind of dick would just sit there and film two cats looking at each other!
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2010-12-08, 8:17 AM #21
Originally posted by Sarn_Cadrill:
right because watching an wild animal hunt is exactly the same as making a joke of two DOMESTICATED animals on the verge of fighting.

Who cares? Knock it off.
2010-12-08, 8:19 AM #22

Also, remember that time you posted a video of a chimp raping a frog? Hypocrite.
2010-12-08, 8:22 AM #23
Not just raping, mouth raping.
2010-12-08, 8:42 AM #24
Originally posted by mb:
Also, remember that time you posted a video of a chimp raping a frog? Hypocrite.

1) the frog was already dead, so it wasn't hurting anybody.
2) I felt kinda the same way about that video and said as much (that it was disturbing that the adults were standing around laughing and recording, instead of shielding the kids from such a disturbing sight).

2010-12-08, 8:43 AM #25
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
Who cares? Knock it off.

knock what off? Stating an opinion? oh sorry.

2010-12-08, 8:45 AM #26
I laffed.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2010-12-08, 8:45 AM #27
1) the frog was already dead, so it wasn't hurting anybody.

How does that make it any better?

Quote:
2) I felt kinda the same way about that video and said as much (that it was disturbing that the adults were standing around laughing and recording, instead of shielding the kids from such a disturbing sight).

No, you said "Discuss"
2010-12-08, 9:29 AM #28
I'm pro animal rights and I love all God's creatures and all that noise, but I still can't see how filming some cats looking and growling at each other is somehow cruel. I can't see why you would want to shield anyone from that. I have a cat. She does this all the time when neighbor cats show up in our yard. Sometimes they even chase each other. Then eventually they get used to and tolerate one another. Of course I'll break it up if they start actually fighting, but COME ON. I keep looking at my calendar hoping it's April 1st because your views are so absurd in this case.
2010-12-08, 9:35 AM #29
It would have been really fun to throw a firecracker between them.
2010-12-08, 9:41 AM #30
Quote:
yeah that wasn't funny or awesome at all. just pissed me off that some ******* would sit there and record that, instead of breaking that **** up. Srsly, all that was needed was for someone to stomp a foot nearby, and both those cats would have bolted.

And JM, the black cat's body language is not "watever, *****." It's submissive and non-combative. In a situation like that, if he had moved at all in any direction, the orange cat would have attacked. But stay still, the black cat is keeping the orange cat calm, believe it or not.

I lol'd.

Also, you can't possibly be serious.
2010-12-08, 9:45 AM #31
He is serious, but feel free to call him shirley.
nope.
2010-12-08, 10:05 AM #32
Originally posted by mb:
No, you said "Discuss"

Excuse me for wanting to get other people's opinions before I provide my own? If you look later in the thread (assuming you can, I thought it was deleted) you'll see that I provided the very opinion that I just stated again.

Anyway, you guys are taking this and running with it like I'm claiming this is some HUGE animal rights violation. I'm not. I'm just saying it's not funny, and pretty stupid. If I saw two cats acting that way, I'd make some noise and scare them both off. I think it's retarded that anyone would do otherwise.

You guys think it's funny, then whatever. But I don't. Excuse me for saying so.

2010-12-08, 10:09 AM #33
What hell is wrong with all of you?? lol, it was just a random video I came across. I giggled a bit and posted it to see what would happen, chill out lol.

Also:

# Cruelty to animals is the infliction of suffering or harm upon animals, other than humans, for purposes other than self-defense. More narrowly, it can be harm for specific gain, such as killing animals for food or fur use. Diverging viewpoints are held by jurisdictions throughout the world.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_cruelty

# Animal cruelty generally falls into one of three categories: neglect, intentional cruelty or sexual abuse. ...
[url]www.ontariospca.ca/1-glossary.shtml[/url]

It wasn't inflicted, therefore it's not cruelty, just one dumba** decided to film two drumba** cats about to throw down, and then adding text to make it humerous.

:suicide: Relax.
2010-12-08, 10:31 AM #34
And yet you just specifically said the word neglect.

2010-12-08, 10:38 AM #35
And yet you just specifically said the word neglect.

The situation doesn't fit the defintion of the word "neglect".

Neglect is:

# disregard: lack of attention and due care
# leave undone or leave out; "How could I miss that typo?"; "The workers on the conveyor belt miss one out of ten"
# the state of something that has been unused and neglected; "the house was in a terrible state of neglect"
# fail: fail to do something; leave something undone; "She failed to notice that her child was no longer in his crib"; "The secretary failed to call the customer and the company lost the account"
# fail to attend to; "he neglects his children"
# negligence: the trait of neglecting responsibilities and lacking concern
# give little or no attention to; "Disregard the errors"
# negligence: failure to act with the prudence that a reasonable person would exercise under the same circumstances
wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

# Neglect is a passive form of abuse in which the perpetrator is responsible to provide care for a victim who is unable to care for oneself, but fails to provide adequate care to meet the victim's needs, thereby resulting in the victim's demise.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neglect

# In English law, neglect is a term of art, identical to the, now deprecated, expression lack of care and different from the concept of negligence. Its sole function is to qualify a verdict returned at an inquest by finding that it was a factor that contributed to a death.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neglect_(English_law)

# The act of neglecting; The state of being neglected; Habitual lack of care; To disregard or pay little attention to something; To fail to care for, or attend to something; To fail to do or carry out something due to oversight or carelessness
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/neglect

# neglected - ignored: disregarded; "his cries were unheeded"; "Shaw's neglected one-act comedy, `A Village Wooing'"; "her ignored advice"

# neglectful - inattentive: not showing due care or attention; "inattentive students"; "an inattentive babysitter"; "neglectful parents"

# neglected - lacking a caretaker; "a neglected child"; "many casualties were lying unattended"

# neglectful - derelict: failing in what duty requires; "derelict (or delinquent) in his duty"; "neglectful of his duties"; "remiss of you not to pay your bills"

It's two cats. Two pissed off cats about to do what two pissed of cats do. Fight. Breaking it up or sitting and watching has nothing to with neglect.

I never once said neglect. It was in the definition that I copied, which was typed not spoken.
2010-12-08, 10:48 AM #36
Holy **** it's a dictionary bot.
2010-12-08, 11:13 AM #37
I know what neglect means, thanks.

Imagine if it were people.

An adult watches two children yelling at each other and does nothing to stop it, but instead just records it. Now imagine those two children start fighting and one kid hurts the other. You don't think the adult would be partially responsible because he/she NEGLECTED to stop the two kids from fighting? How is this any different?

2010-12-08, 11:19 AM #38

2010-12-08, 11:24 AM #39

An adult watches two children yelling at each other and does nothing to stop it, but instead just records it. Now imagine those two children start fighting and one kid hurts the other. You don't think the adult would be partially responsible because he/she NEGLECTED to stop the two kids from fighting? How is this any different?

Well because they're adults so it's more like two neighbours getting into a shouting match.

CALL THE CAT POLICE!
nope.
2010-12-08, 12:11 PM #40

Yes, in the case of two human beings, you're 100% correct.

It's different in that these are two random cats. If they were the same thing, we'd have to go find the parents of these cats, arrest them, and charge them with child neglect and such, and then get the two said cats for domestic disturbance. Animal shelters would be full to the brim of animals awaiting trial for prostitution and indecent exposure and so on.

I understand what you're saying, and I agree, you're right. But, it's still just two random cats. It's not neglect.

↑ Up to the top!