Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I was a virgin!
I was a virgin!
2010-12-12, 6:24 PM #81
Originally posted by Sarn_Cadrill:
So... I have a right to kill you? or vice-versa?
How am I the crazy one again?

Go ahead, make my day.

And I didn't call you crazy I called you and your views ethnocentric and xenophobic, not to mention unintentionally hetero-normative.

It's pretty immature to think that creatures don't have the right to kill eachother.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2010-12-12, 7:13 PM #82
Originally posted by Spook:
And I didn't call you crazy

Sarn, I'll call you crazy if you'd like.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2010-12-12, 9:17 PM #83
Umm.. two cats with that body language making those noises is HARDLY "suddenly" or "without warning". You want to keep talking about ME spouting BS?

Also, I think you're completely wrong. I've owned cats all my life, and I know cat behavior. it's my opinion that the only reason those cats weren't physically fighting is because the black one was acting submissive. One wrong twitch of the tail or quick glance could have cause that to erupt into a full on cat fight. But whatever, they're just cats right? Who cares if they kill each other. It's funny.

And suddenly you're a cat expert because you've had cats. Apparently also all of your cats were violent. Sounds like you weren't much of a cat person :P

There's a big huge flaw in the argument you keep putting up:

They weren't fighting. I don't care how much on the verge you think they were, they weren't fighting.

Last I checked, this wasn't Minority Report, we're not convicting cats of pre-crime.
2010-12-12, 9:27 PM #84
This is one of the dumbest arguments Massassi has had.
2010-12-12, 9:39 PM #85
i think you mean awesomest
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2010-12-12, 9:50 PM #86
yeah, this is one of the dumbest awesomest Massassi has had.
2010-12-12, 9:50 PM #87
Originally posted by Cool Matty:
And suddenly you're a cat expert because you've had cats. Apparently also all of your cats were violent. Sounds like you weren't much of a cat person :P

Much like how having a penis doesn't make you an authority on how to use it, and being married doesn't make you a marriage counselor.

I think a person who has 'owned some cats' is one of the least qualified people to speak to the behaviour of the whole species.

I can make generalizations about my border collie but I am by no means an expert. At penis use I reign supreme ly bad
2010-12-12, 10:20 PM #88
I have seen a cat once
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2010-12-13, 5:27 AM #89
Ok forget it. I give up. Between Cool Matty saying that stomping your foot on the ground to break up a potential cat fight is the same as holding a little cat trial and convicting the furry little guys of cat pre-crime and Spook saying that people have a right to kill each other, I just don't think I can take the amount of crazy in this thread anymore. I really don't care enough to bother. Can we just leave it at that I don't find the video funny? I'm sorry for having an opinion on the matter. Apparently that's some kind of huge taboo around here.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2010-12-13, 6:55 AM #90
Spook saying that people have a right to kill each other,

Surely that's why you're both in the armed forces? :P
nope.
2010-12-13, 8:13 AM #91
Holy **** you are hot **** now, got a nice passive aggressive signature and everything!
(Da Fett)
2010-12-13, 8:29 AM #92
I accidently killed a cat with my pellet gun when I was 9

I was so sad

Gun rule #4
2010-12-13, 8:57 AM #93
I'm sorry for having an opinion on the matter. Apparently that's some kind of huge taboo around here.

Opinions are not valid just because they are opinions. Your opinion isn't well supported, that's why people are giving you ****.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2010-12-13, 9:12 AM #94
The opinion he was referring to was the fact that he doesn't find the video funny. That's not something he needs support for. He doesn't find it funny. Full-stop.

He also attempted to explain a part of why he doesn't find it funny. I'm sympathetic to what he said: it seems sadistic (if not cruel) to derive amusement from another creature's discomfort. Others have a lower degree of empathy with cats, apparently, which is fine, too. But apparently everyone decided to take a holiday from reading comprehension and reasonable discourse. Hopefully it was fun, because it looked pretty idiotic.
2010-12-13, 10:18 AM #95
Originally posted by Tibby:
Holy **** you are hot **** now, got a nice passive aggressive signature and everything!
(Da Fett)

I'm not quite sure how to interpret that... thanks?

I can't remember... was it always this easy to start a debate about nothing on Massassi in the past? If I would've know this would happen, I would've posted the one where the two cats and the two birds...
666, The Number of the Beast.
664, The Bloke Next Door.
Matt Bonner, The Lebron Killer
2010-12-13, 10:22 AM #96
Originally posted by Vornskr:
The opinion he was referring to was the fact that he doesn't find the video funny. That's not something he needs support for. He doesn't find it funny. Full-stop.

Well yes, but that's not the opinion that's been debated here. I don't find it funny at all, but I do object to calling it cruel.
2010-12-13, 10:31 AM #97
[http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:CnUnUYQKwhVqOM:http://www.finefellows.freewebspace.com/images/cat.jpg&t=1]
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2010-12-13, 10:41 AM #98
Originally posted by Fett 316:
I'm not quite sure how to interpret that... thanks?

I can't remember... was it always this easy to start a debate about nothing on Massassi in the past? If I would've know this would happen, I would've posted the one where the two cats and the two birds...

The easiest way to start a debate goes like this:

ME: Sir, you go to far! I find your opinions disgusting and offensive and I shant stand for them any longer!

YOU: How dare you insult me! I shall have my satisfaction!

ME: No, it is I who will derive satisfaction from you! To the duelling grounds!

YOU: To the duelling grounds!

and so on...
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2010-12-13, 2:30 PM #99
Originally posted by Emon:
Well yes, but that's not the opinion that's been debated here. I don't find it funny at all, but I do object to calling it cruel.

But Emon, I can have an opinion that something is cruel in the same way that I can have an opinion that it's not funny. What's the difference? I'm not writing laws here, I don't have to go with the legal definition of cruelty. It's my OPINION that letting two domesticated animals remain in a tense situation when you have the power to do something about it is cruel. Whether it fits the legal definition of animal cruelty is irrelevant, and whether I can "back up" that OPINION is just as irrelevant as whether I can "back up" the opinion that it's not funny.. You can of course formulate your own opinion.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2010-12-13, 6:02 PM #100
But Emon, I can have an opinion that something is cruel in the same way that I can have an opinion that it's not funny. What's the difference? I'm not writing laws here, I don't have to go with the legal definition of cruelty. It's my OPINION that letting two domesticated animals remain in a tense situation when you have the power to do something about it is cruel. Whether it fits the legal definition of animal cruelty is irrelevant, and whether I can "back up" that OPINION is just as irrelevant as whether I can "back up" the opinion that it's not funny.. You can of course formulate your own opinion.

Everyone knew it was your opinion.

Everyone who was giving you **** for your opinion did so because they thought your opinion was ****.

No one is disagreeing with your right to have opinions.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2010-12-13, 6:31 PM #101
But Emon, I can have an opinion that something is cruel in the same way that I can have an opinion that it's not funny. What's the difference?

Your justification for what was cruel isn't based on anything factual.

and whether I can "back up" that OPINION is just as irrelevant as whether I can "back up" the opinion that it's not funny..

Cruelty can be defined fairly well in terms of emotional and physical effects, even on animals. By your logic, I can say that the Abu Ghraib prison torture wasn't cruel because "well, that's just like, my opinion, man" which would be ****ing stupid. According to you, the opinion that Abu Ghraib was candy and lollipops wonderful time for the prisoners is just as valid as the opinion that it was extreme human suffering.
2010-12-13, 6:35 PM #102
You can of course formulate your own opinion.

This is the dumbest and most obvious thing ever. Why would you possibly think this adds anything of value to the discussion? The level of misunderstanding that must exist inside your brain frightens me.
2010-12-13, 7:20 PM #103
Well ok "pissed off" isn't exactly the right term. But it does irritate me that there's people in this world that think that's funny or cool. In my mind, it's no better than any other form of animal cruelty.

My principal problem is your assertion that it is animal cruelty, when the greater animal cruelty is depriving them of their right to be animals.

What does a cat have if not catfights? Hmm? Regular fights? Are they boxers? If you take the cat out of fights all you get is ****ty montages in movies and ruined marriages.

I have no problem with your irritation at me and all of the other even keeled people in the world who think it is amusing to watch to beings rage at eachother*. I do have a problem with your silly bellbottomed trousers. Get a real man's uniform that requires sock garters.

*See any drama film about people, EVER. That's the point of the video. If one is to dislike getting pleasure from the discomfort of others I suggest you disconnect yourself entirely from modern society and start sucking dick to get out of the military.

-One person just got trolled by an entire forum. Massassi just jumped the 4chan.

P.S. I'm allergic to cats so I'm kind of biased in this discussion.

↑ Up to the top!