Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Arizona Congresswoman shot by neo-nazi, others killed
Arizona Congresswoman shot by neo-nazi, others killed
2011-01-09, 9:01 AM #81
That makes a lot of sense, and JM I am with you on your points as well. I don't think guns are the issue, but there definitely is an issue somewhere present. There is absolutely no reason that a country that has a comparable base of weaponry among its citizens should be significantly less violent than another country that considers themselves equally "civilized".
2011-01-09, 9:14 AM #82
Originally posted by Ruthven:
And the thread title seems a little off, ive not seen a single reference to neonazi ideology with the suspected gunman.

Well, I've found this this morning that says a DHS memo suggests he might have ties to American Renaissance which is, apparently, some sort of conservative white separatist publication and group. Still, there is no reference to neonazi that I've seen but it could be that that is simply a pejorative on this site now anyway. Anyway, the founder of the magazine refutes some of the characterizations in the same article I linked to. I admit, I didn't read the whole thing yet.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2011-01-09, 9:16 AM #83
Originally posted by Temperamental:
That makes a lot of sense, and JM I am with you on your points as well. I don't think guns are the issue, but there definitely is an issue somewhere present. There is absolutely no reason that a country that has a comparable base of weaponry among its citizens should be significantly less violent than another country that considers themselves equally "civilized".

He suggested a reason and put it in spoiler tags.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2011-01-09, 10:04 AM #84
This is horrible. There's really nothing else to say, and anyone trying to politicize the events so soon after they occurred is disrespecting the memories of those who died.

-That said, this is the most repugnant, vile, and... satanic thing I've ever heard in my life. The only thing restraining my righteous fury is that if there's a God, Phelps will never bear witness to his glory and be engulfed in a purging fire for eternity, and if there's not a God, Phelps will face the yawning abyss of the nothing after death alone and with nothing but fear and doubt in his heart.
2011-01-09, 10:06 AM #85
Apparently the congresswomen is awake and responding to simple instructions, the bullet appears to have passed through only one hemisphere of the brain...

---------------------

Originally posted by Wookie06:
He suggested a reason and put it in spoiler tags.
Aye, what JM has in the spoiler tags is a pretty good assessment of Switzerland. They are probably one of the most conservative socities within Europe, have a VERY strict policy on immigration and their tolance of other cultures/race/colour is...well, not what you would call welcoming at times.

If you are white, caucasian and a christain you'll get on fine, anything else, be prepared to have issues at times. As I and all but one of my friends were in the first catagory we got on fine while we were out there. The one chap who was coloured was a scouser (from liverpool, strong accent and general do what the f**k he likes attitude) he just basically scared the crap outta the Swiss.
People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots
2011-01-09, 10:32 AM #86
This thread is terrible and you should all feel bad.

I just hope no one in office lets this incident influence their future decisions. There's a right way and a wrong way to let your representatives know how you feel. The right way doesn't involve a gun.

Oh, and Fred Phelps can get ****ed. His shtick was shocking five years ago. Now it's just tired.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2011-01-09, 11:05 AM #87
Touching interview on Fox News with the mother of the nine year old girl that was murdered. She seems like the perfect child and was born 9/11/2001.

2011-01-09, 12:40 PM #88
Hey, Ruthven, I'm curious about your comments about not respecting animals...I don't really get where they're coming from. How does hunting mean you don't respect animals? If you have a lot to say on the issue, we could start another thread, but I'm just wondering.
Warhead[97]
2011-01-09, 1:07 PM #89
Touching interview on Fox News with the mother of the nine year old girl that was murdered. She seems like the perfect child and was born 9/11/2001.

Fred Phelps is planning on picketing her funereal.. Maybe some wacko gunman will cut him down, oh the irony.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2011-01-09, 1:43 PM #90
The suspect they are holding now is named Jared Lee Loughner, a bunch of people are saying he is an Afghanistan vet but the Army says no. His youtube account is Classitup10 and he is obviously insane.

He was 22 and clearly developing schizophrenia (usually happens in the early 20s, especially if you have a dicked up past like this guy) or some other exciting psychotic disorder.

edit:btw, his political views are not nearly collected enough to be called Neo-Nazi. Watch his mind controller video and discover something, but I don't know what.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2011-01-09, 1:52 PM #91
Originally posted by Ruthven:
Republican views on environmental issues and the right to hunt animals as we please seems to pop up time and again. (i'm sure the Demo's arent angels either). I only get my info from BBC and a few american sites (not fox obviously), gotta go with what u know i guess.

Ah, I see your point. There's nothing wrong with hunting if you're doing it for the right reasons, not just for sport. I've never know Sarah Palin to just kill for fun.

The ones that are wrong are the dirt-bags that bait the animals and such to draw them in, kill them for fun, then brag about it.

I live in West Texas, so I've seen both, and I don't believe Palin to be the latter.

(To make this post relevant, I don't understand why some refer to the shooter as a veteran... I thought he was turned down for military service?)
666, The Number of the Beast.
664, The Bloke Next Door.
Matt Bonner, The Lebron Killer
2011-01-09, 2:49 PM #92
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
The ideal way to kill multiple people would be with a 18" blow gun with poison darts. At night you have enough range to kill quite a few people and then retire before they really start to catch on. A nice one will be essentially silent, and a properly designed dart will inject the poison and fall out. The dart is more likely to be attributed to a bug bite, at least for a while. The weapon itself is simple enough to be easily fashioned from ordinary materials. The only difficulty would be in acquiring the poison, but even that would be a trivial obstacle for a dedicated individual.

That'll only work if the detectives on the case haven't already seen "Young Sherlock Holmes".
? :)
2011-01-09, 2:58 PM #93
Originally posted by Spook:
edit:btw, his political views are not nearly collected enough to be called Neo-Nazi. Watch his mind controller video and discover something, but I don't know what.

I just figured the neo-nazi reference in the new thread title was just a distasteful joke by one of the administrators. I really didn't think it would last for so long.

2011-01-09, 4:25 PM #94
Originally posted by Fett 316:
(To make this post relevant, I don't understand why some refer to the shooter as a veteran... I thought he was turned down for military service?)

Because nobody cares about accurate reporting and they're only looking to sensationalize a story. From what I read, he was turned down by the Army.
woot!
2011-01-09, 5:14 PM #95
This is really tragic. Hopefully she is able to make a full recovery. I think the political pawing at this point is a little um... distasteful.
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2011-01-09, 8:10 PM #96
Originally posted by JLee:
Because nobody cares about accurate reporting and they're only looking to sensationalize a story. From what I read, he was turned down by the Army.

I've never seen it reported that he was an Army vet. Phelps said he was, Mentat hypothesized that he was, and Spook knows a bunch of people that said he was but the report I first read about him, and linked to much earlier, said he was rejected for military service. I just searched the database I still have access to and found no matches.

This video mentions that there were "reports" but that the Pentagon had no record of him being an Afghanistan War veteran. The link actually appears to play multiple segments about him.

2011-01-09, 8:38 PM #97
I didn't say that, I said the same thing you did, I might not have been clear about it.
2011-01-09, 8:47 PM #98
The father of the murdered girl in this interview.

2011-01-09, 8:52 PM #99
I didn't say that, I said the same thing you did, I might not have been clear about it.

The main point of my post was to refute JLee's premise that reporters are inaccurately reporting he's a veteran to sensationalize the story. Then again, I only watch Fox News but I doubt even MSNBC would have said he was a veteran.

2011-01-09, 10:27 PM #100
The main point of my post was to refute JLee's premise that reporters are inaccurately reporting he's a veteran to sensationalize the story. Then again, I only watch Fox News but I doubt even MSNBC would have said he was a veteran.

I haven't been paying much attention on the news (I'm getting sick of it - front page on my local news website says "Shot Congresswoman's Chief Of Staff Worked In NH"..WHO CARES)...someone mentioned that a bunch of people were saying he was a vet, guess I assumed that was a reference to news. I looked into it a bit and apparently he claimed on a Youtube video that he was an Army recruit.

If you're saying that reporters in general don't sensationalize stories...well then I'm going to disagree with you, but that's for another thread.
woot!
2011-01-10, 8:13 AM #101
So now im hearing that he had coppies of both mein kampf and the communist manifesto, this guy is sounding about on par with birthers and guys that think bush was really behind 9/11.

also KTLA.com made this brilliant assement.

Quote:
'Investigators say they served a search warrent at Loughner's home and found evidence suggesting he planned ahead.

The evidence included an envelope from a safe with messages such as "I planned ahead,"... '
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2011-01-10, 9:21 AM #102
Originally posted by Darth_Alran:
So now im hearing that he had coppies of both mein kampf and the communist manifesto, this guy is sounding about on par with birthers and guys that think bush was really behind 9/11.

also KTLA.com made this brilliant assement.

I have c1opies of both of those and I've never got to shoot anybody god dammit
2011-01-10, 9:28 AM #103
The BBC reports that he tried to enlist in the US Army but was rejected, and that has was a prolific drug user.
2011-01-10, 10:20 AM #104
I have c1opies of both of those and I've never got to shoot anybody god dammit

Sorry, should not have just dumped that. Obviously just having and or reading either of those does not make you bad. I was just trying, rather poorly, to say that it does not seem like this guy needed a map with crossheirs or "inflammatory rhetoric" to motivate him. He did a good job of making himself out to be a loon capable of this on his own.
2011-01-10, 8:47 PM #105
Originally posted by Steven:
The BBC reports that he tried to enlist in the US Army but was rejected, and that has was a prolific drug user.

I saw the US Army piece of news, but as far as I know, the only information about his drug use was that he smoked some weed and got caught with paraphernalia once
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"

↑ Up to the top!