Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Hi
Hi
2011-04-11, 11:30 AM #81
Originally posted by AKPiggott:
Oh yeah, and I got a message from Haggis. I've instructed him to post on the thread.

You did? When the heck was that? I got a friend request or something, but that's it. Unless this new interface thing is throwing me off, which, let's face it, isn't hard. I did speak to Matt though (or exchange messages rather. 15 years of using the internet and I still can't get the verbs right), but then he always was my favourite. We had a lovely wee nostaligia trip, even if it was mostly about how old we are now. I mean, not Chris Hill old, granted, since he must have blown past the creaky realm of 30 by now making him positively archaic, but still, old-enough-to-know-better-old.

Anyways, how is everyone? I see people's enthusiasm for talking about level editing has diminished as much as my understanding of it has increased. Which is nice, in a way.

p.s. Emambu, I'm pretty sure we only ever cast Matt as a woman. He is Australian after all, and isn't drag practically their national dress?
2011-04-11, 11:55 AM #82
Originally posted by CookedHaggis:
Anyways, how is everyone?
I tried to end the NeS not too long ago and failed. Slowly been working with NeS people on a novel (if you didn't get that message before and have interest in working on such a project, let me know). I've run a few forum games on Massassi with various levels of success. Otherwise, same old. Which leads to the obvious...

You should post on NeS again, Haggis. The current storyline is JM is trying to end the NeS with bad storytelling -- an exercise in redundancy really. ;)
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2011-04-12, 8:31 AM #83
I see people's enthusiasm for talking about level editing has diminished as much as my understanding of it has increased. Which is nice, in a way.

I remember showing you on ICQ how to make a door. Took you about two hours but it worked.
Magrucko Daines and the Crypt of Crola (2007)
Magrucko Daines and the Dark Youth (2010)
Magrucko Daines and the Vertical City (2016)
2011-04-12, 1:06 PM #84
hello strangers.
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2011-04-13, 12:48 AM #85
You did? When the heck was that?

It was like the same day that the forums changed, so I probably didn't know what I was doing. Darn this new fangled technology.

Just how old was Chris Hill in the TACC days anyway? In retrospect, he was probably only about 22....
Xbox Live/PlayStation Network/Steam: tone217
http://twitter.com/ourmatetone
2011-06-08, 8:53 AM #86
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:
Originally posted by AKPiggott:
Wish I could find what I had made on Enter the Dark Lord, it was the best thing I'd made yet and it would be great to get people to see what I was trying to do. Unfortunately, real life got in the way and I couldn't finish it.
Could I finish it for you?

Any chances for this to really materialize? >_>
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2011-06-08, 10:27 AM #87
I'll get right on it.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2011-07-08, 1:41 PM #88
How's it going, ECHOMAN?
2011-07-08, 3:32 PM #89
I've been fumbling with the NPCs. Trying to see a way of using scripts for the Rebels so they can switch targets after they see Vader. Once they see Vader (the player), they completely ignore the Stormtroopers.

Also, the room with the fire (lots of lots of fire) is weird. I don't think the best way for a fire scene is to put hundreds of .efx runners everywhere. How about use some dynamic lights for the fires because, despite a room full of fire, it's surprisingly dark.
2011-07-08, 7:08 PM #90
Quote:
You should post on NeS again, Haggis. The current storyline is JM is trying to end the NeS with bad storytelling -- an exercise in redundancy really. ;)

Well, I was trying to end it by not writing anything at all. I only switched tactics after I succeeded and then CM resurrected it.

Notice that I have switched back.
2011-07-10, 10:08 AM #91
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:
I've been fumbling with the NPCs. Trying to see a way of using scripts for the Rebels so they can switch targets after they see Vader. Once they see Vader (the player), they completely ignore the Stormtroopers.

Also, the room with the fire (lots of lots of fire) is weird. I don't think the best way for a fire scene is to put hundreds of .efx runners everywhere. How about use some dynamic lights for the fires because, despite a room full of fire, it's surprisingly dark.

Tried to fix both of those problems at the time to no avail. Whatever you can do would be great!

(this could end up being the Duke Nukem Forever of JK)
2011-07-10, 11:00 AM #92
After watching reviews on IGN and Gamespot, I'd rather play the original Vader's Journey than Duke Nukem: Forever...

;)
Magrucko Daines and the Crypt of Crola (2007)
Magrucko Daines and the Dark Youth (2010)
Magrucko Daines and the Vertical City (2016)
2011-07-10, 7:42 PM #93
Also, what's suppose to happen at the end? You get to this hanger, now what?

You can PM me this detail. I'll work on this but slowly since I'm busy in the summer.
2011-07-12, 10:20 AM #94
I can't remember, I did write a script for it. I think there was going to be an end battle (last stand for the Rebels) where you have to protect Mohc, you go outside and a Lambda Class Shuttle picks you up.

I'll look for the script, I had planned dialogue. I may have even got DAK to record the lines.
2011-07-12, 11:28 AM #95
*sniff* This thread is still the best of this year.

MEWANTMORE
2011-07-12, 7:08 PM #96
:) hi~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chinese jade
2011-07-12, 7:41 PM #97
Hi wangzip. I hope you become a productive member of the forum and make a great contribution to the JK editing community!
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2011-07-12, 10:26 PM #98
What I want to see is the Terminator mod! :D
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2011-07-18, 7:01 AM #99
Originally posted by Lord_Grismath:
What I want to see is the Terminator mod! :D

Oh, if only. [http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/garosaon/smiley/fgrsad.png]

I must say, Echoman, I'm glad that you're working on this thing. Hooray!
2011-07-26, 3:28 AM #100
BTW is there something about this Sith planet that is so special? There's this cutscene, but that's it.

Am I missing something here?

↑ Up to the top!