Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Dear America
Dear America
2011-08-04, 8:54 PM #121
Oh I know. I kind of agree with him. I laughed when he said at that republican debate how if they legalize drugs and prostitutes that doesn't mean everyone in the building was gonna go out and get a hooker and an 8 ball.

It got huge laughs from the audience, but not so much the other candidates.
>>untie shoes
2011-08-05, 12:19 AM #122
Originally posted by Jon`C:
Actually, the Tea Party has a way around this. I was reading Michelle Bachmann's opinion the other day, and she basically said that the US is on the right side of the Laffer curve so closing loopholes won't accomplish anything (she didn't use those terms, but nobody who has ever heard of a Laffer curve outside of an internet forum is voting Republican.)

Of course, her claim is certainly false based on comparisons with other countries.

It's obvious that Bachmann has at least some formal education, but none of her ideas withstand even the smallest amount of scrutiny. It's almost like she - and the rest of the Tea Party leaders - are lying for personal gain. Hmmmmmm.

I'm amazed she or anyone else in the movement has even bothered offering a spurious theoretical justification for it. Telling the teabaggers that any revenue increases are evil and contrary to the Will of Reagan -- even the ones that are, for all practical purposes, cuts to a stealth method of spending -- seems to have done the trick on its own. And there's no doubt Bachmann herself knows better. Sure, her JD is from an awful Evangelical proprietary institution that shut down a year after she left, but she's got a perfectly legitimate tax LLM. If she were just insisting that we couldn't increase revenue by raising marginal rates, I might be able to believe she was sincere. Obviously, demonstrably wrong, but sincere. But if she's actually arguing that loopholes are free, or even revenue-increasing, the only explanation is lying.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.

↑ Up to the top!