Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → hey. have u heard? England is a mess.
hey. have u heard? England is a mess.
2011-08-08, 2:04 PM #1
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-14450248

d
ont be mistaken by thinking that these "riots" have any valid yearning for justice behind them.

Unlike the middle east uprisings of late, fighting for a better system and reform, england's upheaval is caused by chavs and "anarchists" (well organised chavs).

6 cities are now consumed by rioting chavs, hiding behind the concept of "the anger of the working class". Just a little side note: the working class is a misnomer: they dont work. They live on benefits, and cheat the system by having a thousand kids and faking injuries.

These riots are just the icing on the cake.

I stopped bothering going out to pubs and clubs a while back, england has a pandemic of drinking, violence, and antisocial behavior, and the worst of society revel in their ways in the town centres at night, with police largely ineffective.

The poor black communities in london is where it started. In Brixton, a young girl was arrested for looting the SHOP SHE WORKED AT at night. Morons.

Croydon and Brixton are in flames. Just like cavemen, the low IQ violent "lower class" are using fire to suit their needs.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14446548

My country is a sh**hole. I hate the drunks, i hate the drugged up chavs, the police, and the government. the only people i dont hate is the middle of the country. (once again, not "middle class" by income bracket, the class system means something else today)
The law abiding, intelligent class, who just want to get on with life and not hurt or happy slap others.

This is a rant, i admit. But I genuinely hate my country so much, i'm constantly upset having to interact with these people as soon as i leave the house.

Lets all laugh at how badly "Great" Britain has lost its way. :nonono:
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2011-08-08, 2:12 PM #2
I've been reading about this activity.

But I can't easily formulate the causes of the riots (it seems like multiple "events" triggered the action) from I've read. Also I heard, at the beginning, there were peaceful marches which turned violent due to certain instigators. I just can't picture this sort of thing happening in NYC.

So this is the product of bored, useless and unemployed youth?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2011-08-08, 2:31 PM #3
Sounds like america except we just give them welfare and they shut up.

*shacks up for the incoming flame storm*
2011-08-08, 2:38 PM #4
I remember those riots in Canada while ago. That began over an ice hockey game.

That's like Finland rioted because someone beat us in the snow statistics. Of course, many countries do just that!

I guess this reminds me more of those French riots in 2005. Oh well.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2011-08-08, 2:39 PM #5
earth blows
2011-08-08, 2:55 PM #6
There's not even any motive behind it other than general destruction of stuff. Seems entirely pointless. The worst part of all this, is if the police were actually allowed to use any kind of force without being worried about being sued non-stop they could have ended this in minutes.

Tear gas and rubber (or real) bullets I say.
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2011-08-08, 3:06 PM #7
6 cities? I've only heard about London and Birmingham.

Honestly I wish they'd break out the tear gas and truncheons; It's not like it's the students again.
nope.
2011-08-08, 4:08 PM #8
Ok. Now it's on, they just smashed up the Electric Ballroom in camden. If they touch Slimelight/Electrowerkz I am going vigilante on these twunts.
k
N
2011-08-08, 4:42 PM #9
ah, good ol slimelight. I'm still mentally scared from spending 8 hours in there from 11 till 7am. sheesh, i cant party that long.

Baconfish is right, our police are made impotent by the flawed legal system.

personally, i think these kids should be shot on sight, but then i'm a tad nuts.
Code:
  do her}
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2011-08-08, 4:44 PM #10
As someone that is sick of people talking about Camden, they're free to burn that bit of the city down.

Edit: There's a riot map.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?msid=207192798388318292131.0004aa01af6748773e8f7&msa=0&ll=51.558503,-0.055275&spn=0.114195,0.298691
nope.
2011-08-08, 4:45 PM #11
Video 1 from an apartment window: http://yfrog.com/0wtduz

nsfw language: Awesome lady with a walking stick yells at the rioters - http://www.twitvid.com/4JTZH
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2011-08-08, 5:29 PM #12
Originally posted by Ruthven:
our police are made impotent by the flawed gun control laws.

Fixed.
2011-08-08, 5:35 PM #13
No, the gun control laws are fine. They're not exactly going to shoot someone for throwing traffic cones at them.
nope.
2011-08-08, 5:36 PM #14
I was hinting more at the intimidation aspect.
2011-08-08, 5:46 PM #15
It never really stopped anyone before we banned handguns.
nope.
2011-08-08, 5:53 PM #16
Well they did shoot someone. Since when do UK police have guns?

Also, since when does the UK have pervasive, generational, anti-black racism? I thought that was an American problem. :hist101:
2011-08-08, 5:58 PM #17
Originally posted by JM:
Well they did shoot someone. Since when do UK police have guns?

Seriously?
2011-08-08, 6:00 PM #18
Northern Irish police have guns and in Britain as soon as something dangerous arises they crack out the mp5s.

And have you ever spoken to a British person? We're all racist, we're just usually quite playful with it. :P
nope.
2011-08-08, 6:09 PM #19
Being British yourself, you've never experienced any anti-American racism, so you just wouldn't understand.
2011-08-08, 6:11 PM #20
American isn't a race! :P
nope.
2011-08-08, 6:16 PM #21
JM just wants to be special
2011-08-08, 7:19 PM #22
its not longer about skin colour/race.

Yes more blacks are involved in crime, but what do u expect when they're pushed into poor areas.

but those behind the "riots", a lot are black, london has a high ethnic percentage, but many of us identify the "bad" of society using culture.

Underclass/chav culture. We spot them a mile off, and they incite both fear and hatred by everyone else. without them, england would be a lovely place to live.
Code:
  do her}
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2011-08-08, 7:31 PM #23
I'm trying to think of an equivalent American term. I think our under-class is too divided for one. At least you guys of the benefit of not needing to remember which slur is appropriate for the people pissing you off.
2011-08-08, 7:46 PM #24
Wow at Video 1. Are the police just there to observe and offer suggestions?
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2011-08-08, 8:42 PM #25
This is just horrible, among many other pictures that I've seen online.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2011-08-08, 11:01 PM #26
i absolutely hate people. the U.S. equivalent of a Chav is pretty much any thug/gangster. **** those guys. period. these *******s may not choose the living conditions they are born into. but they damn sure choose the life they live. i have no sympathy. none. seriously your going to steal some piece of crap from a bleeding guy on the street? what? so you can hock it for 20 bucks? thats not even worth the effort of stealing and reselling it. get a ******* job. seriously these people are such pieces of ****.

sorry... that was a bit of a rant. but yeah, this looks about like what goes on in Los Angelas on a bi-annual basis.
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2011-08-08, 11:14 PM #27
I feel safer walking down the streets of midway Minneapolis and St. Paul at 2am than I would in Britland. This **** is nuts.
2011-08-08, 11:28 PM #28
As I understand things, Maggie Thatcher is responsible for turning the few remaining council estates into gigantic chav warrens (because they are in the worst parts of the country and nobody who can afford them wants to live there.) I'm sure everybody's surprised that the riots started in Broadwater Farm - because that's never happened before or anything.
2011-08-09, 12:17 AM #29
I don't know much about what's currently going on, but I saw this recently & thought that it was worth sharing. The video highlights a group of thugs that use civil unrest as an opportunity to stir up addition trouble (including robbing people). The only other thing that I've heard about all of this was about the "gangster" that the special police had killed while he was in a taxi (apparently there's a special independent investigation underway because it was a bit contraversial). Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this just sort of Britain's version of the Rodney King riots? I suppose that I'm just not all that surprised by a disenfranchised youth rioting in the streets.

? :)
2011-08-09, 12:49 AM #30
most of the people ive seen in the videos rioting were white, and I seriously doubt that they care about race issues, othewise they wouldnt be hurting the cause like this by rioting.
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2011-08-09, 1:29 AM #31
Originally posted by Ruthven:
ah, good ol slimelight. I'm still mentally scared from spending 8 hours in there from 11 till 7am. sheesh, i cant party that long.

Totally off topic but that's half the fun! It means you can just stay out until the trains start running again. It does amuse me hearing a load of goths complaining about sunlight at 7am though.
k
N
2011-08-09, 3:37 AM #32
Videos need more Harry Brown
2011-08-09, 3:57 AM #33
Did someone say "free **** in england?"
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2011-08-09, 5:01 AM #34
They've cancelled leave for every single Met officer and they're bringing in police from other forces. 6000 officers on the street last night, 16000 tonight and if that doesn't work tomorrow night I bet they'll finally start cracking skulls.
nope.
2011-08-09, 6:51 AM #35
http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2011/08/london_riots.html
2011-08-09, 8:03 AM #36
Never get's old http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BbqV19miKU :XD:
2011-08-09, 8:09 AM #37
Originally posted by Baconfish:
They've cancelled leave for every single Met officer and they're bringing in police from other forces. 6000 officers on the street last night, 16000 tonight and if that doesn't work tomorrow night I bet they'll finally start cracking skulls.

They need to borrow our rubber pellet/bean bag guns. Shoot the **** out of anyone that comes within 30 feet of the police, and just walk right through town until everyone is gone. I'm not sure where the line is for this sort of action, but whatever the line is, they crossed it a LONG time ago.
2011-08-09, 8:18 AM #38
Maybe it's time to start doing some field-testing of those microwave riot control systems that make your skin feel like it's burning...
2011-08-09, 8:18 AM #39
Medway, too.

Glad I'm in Bum**** Nowhere, but... christ. There's really no reason for this, and I'm on benefits myself.

(For not having a job.)
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2011-08-09, 8:38 AM #40
"Honey, you got real ugly."

↑ Up to the top!