Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Sarn's Fail Troll 2013
Sarn's Fail Troll 2013
2013-01-23, 10:36 PM #121
shut up tibby
DO NOT WANT.
2013-01-23, 10:40 PM #122
You aren't an elected official, why should I listen to you?
2013-01-23, 10:40 PM #123
So the puppetmaster makes that facebook post as proof that he was just trolling.

Except it was posted after Emon called his post stupid.

Coincidence? I think not. I'll let this stir a bit before I rev up the guillotine tomorrow.

Edit:
Oh yeah, and something else amusing about all this. Sarn takes great pride in "trolling massassi" with his over the top stupidity, but doesn't realize the real punchline here is that people were willing to believe he actually is that stupid. As in, it really wasn't much of a stretch.
2013-01-23, 10:43 PM #124
Everytime I think I hate you, I end up loving you.
Stop playing games with my heart.
2013-01-23, 11:56 PM #125
Originally posted by Reid:
i'm pretty sure it's grounds for him being mocked like the idiot he is

Yeah just this.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2013-01-24, 1:37 AM #126
Originally posted by Cool Matty:
So the puppetmaster makes that facebook post as proof that he was just trolling.

Except it was posted after Emon called his post stupid.

Coincidence? I think not. I'll let this stir a bit before I rev up the guillotine tomorrow.

Edit:
Oh yeah, and something else amusing about all this. Sarn takes great pride in "trolling massassi" with his over the top stupidity, but doesn't realize the real punchline here is that people were willing to believe he actually is that stupid. As in, it really wasn't much of a stretch.

it never ceases to amaze me that people think acting completely braindead equates to "trolling"
2013-01-24, 4:22 AM #127
The whole concept of trolling is pretty braindead. If they get any response of any kind they have 'won' and can go "lol trolled". Anyone can be a 'successful' troll.
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2013-01-24, 5:39 AM #128
Originally posted by Deadman:
The whole concept of trolling is pretty braindead. If they get any response of any kind they have 'won' and can go "lol trolled". Anyone can be a 'successful' troll.

nah i don't think that's trolling at all

trolling, at least as i learned it back in the day, was meant to make the person you're trolling look stupid. i have no idea where this "frustrate the other person with idiocy" type of trolling came around, but it's not funny and never was
2013-01-24, 4:52 PM #129
Somehow, Tibby manages to be the most annoying poster in the thread anyway.
2013-01-24, 5:10 PM #130
"Trolling" is the art of using deception and wit to inspire outrage. What Sarn did wasn't trolling, for three reasons:

1.) He actually believes conspiracy theories like the one he posted. You aren't trolling if you believe it, you just have bad opinions.

2.) He could have posted just about anything and got the same reaction. Just seeing a green dot beside his name is more than enough to inspire outrage.

3.) Spoiler: He didn't actually make anyone angry.
2013-01-24, 5:13 PM #131
Originally posted by Deadman:
Anyone can be a 'successful' troll.
wat.

I once trolled Joren Darkstar into getting himself banned in exactly three posts. No, there really is an art to it.
2013-01-24, 5:32 PM #132
:(
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
Somehow, Tibby manages to be the most annoying poster in the thread anyway.

:( :( :( :( ;_;
2013-01-25, 7:15 PM #133
Dude, it's not that I hate you, it's just that you are way too self-conscious about being cool. You come off as a "toady" for lack of a better term. Instead of having your own voice, you just try to piggyback on the sentiments of people who are influential or have power, especially when it comes to putting other people down. People won't respect you for trying to be them. You have to be your own person, and sometimes that means not giving a **** if your opinion is popular. Take a close look at how people respond to you. You tend to be ignored or told that you are annoying. If this sounds too much like an after school special, it's because it is. You are too old for this high school stuff. You're what, 18? You can't be deriving your self-worth so heavily from the approval of others, especially of those others are people on the internet. You've got to get that figured out, because that's going to make a big difference in your life.

The internet is a great opportunity to make an ass of yourself and learn important lessons about yourself and others without having that impact your life. Massassi has been that learning opportunity for me any many others here. At the end of the day, most of are asses on the internet, we just know how to avoid crossing the line.
2013-01-25, 8:06 PM #134
[http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/154/912/berneydidnotread.gif?1318992465]
2013-01-25, 9:11 PM #135
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
Stuff

It's alright dude, it's just not worth it. He'll learn. One day he'll look back at all of this and go "jesus christ I used to be so retarded", like we all probably did at some point. I know I did.
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2013-01-25, 9:30 PM #136
Well, this thread started out with 95% constructive posts that actually contributed to the discussion at hand. But the past 3 pages have pretty much negated all that and then some.
2013-01-25, 10:19 PM #137
Originally posted by DSettahr:
Well, this thread started out with 95% constructive posts that actually contributed to the discussion at hand. But the past 3 pages have pretty much negated all that and then some.

Good point. Let's fix that.

↑ Up to the top!