Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → 2014 US Mid-Term Elections are just about here
2014 US Mid-Term Elections are just about here
2014-11-21, 2:28 PM #201
Nope! Just the State Bar of Texas, which a lawyer can only join by holding a bar examiner at gunpoint.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2014-11-21, 2:40 PM #202
Originally posted by Jon`C:
Respect is earned.

I have yet to work at a company or attend an educational institute where this is the norm. I grew up with a philosohpy in which respect for individuals is a given, unless they fail to give you respect in return. Respect for their OPINIONS is an entirely different matter, and it is not a given. In turn you have done nothing to gain my respect, yet for the most part I do show it for you as an individual. You fail to reciprocate.

And while we are not attending an educational institute, nor working at a different company, you boast of your superior ethics and intelligence, yet fail to observe a simple professional and universal norm on how to conduct yourself, therefore failing to live up to your own published alleged standards and superiority.
Nothing to see here, move along.
2014-11-21, 5:11 PM #203
Originally posted by SF_GoldG_01:
I have yet to work at a company or attend an educational institute

ftfy

There's a big difference between respect and decorum. It's frankly pitiable that you don't know the difference.
2014-11-21, 5:17 PM #204
Re: sfgoldg01's latest meltdown, someone plz cite a time I've boasted about my intelligence or morality (as opposed to knowledge or diligence, i.e. traits I've earned). Because this is a new accusation for me and I would like to enjoy it w someone

TIA
2014-11-21, 9:43 PM #205
:nonono:

Congrats on the calculated troll, Jon`C.

A little too transparent, though. Saying that he's thrown his "whole life" into a "cesspool" out of the blue was an obvious provocation.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could keep this forum alive without resorting to unbanning unpopular members, just because they are so easily provoked into saying amusing things? Yeah, it's tough to find meaningful things to post about, but it's also depressing and anti-social to generate it by trolling.

Of course, I don't want to ruin your fun, so feel free to continue, but you can count me out (of this thread). Keep it up, though, and you'll only have mean-spirited people left.
2014-11-21, 10:22 PM #206
Okay... it's recently been brought to my attention that there is quite a bit of context behind Jon'C's remark.

Gold, it seems you have quite a history here. Jon, I take back my last post.
2014-11-21, 10:24 PM #207
Originally posted by Reverend Jones:
:nonono:

Congrats on the calculated troll, Jon`C.

Trust me, if I were trolling I would have accepted.
2014-11-22, 8:30 AM #208
Okay... it's recently been brought to my attention that there is quite a bit of context behind Jon'C's remark.

Gold, it seems you have quite a history here. Jon, I take back my last post.

So they already brainwashed you into believing I'm some sort of religious right wing fanatical liar and thief due to stupid behavior I put on back when I was 14-17? (today I am 24, a very different person)

I was then banned, and not allowed to come back until recently, and yet everyone here is still stuck in the past. Anyhow, you can draw your own conclusions. I started fresh when I rejoined.
2014-11-22, 10:48 AM #209
SF_Gold,

By "taking back my post", I had only intended to apologize for to Jon`C for my hasty accusation that he was simply trolling. Yeah, he could totally have tried to be nice about it and refrain from the insult, but your response was much worse than the one that provoked it. The unfortunate thing about having a bad reputation is that you will often have to try extra hard to earn a good one to compensate; responding to his post by saying that he is the "ideal poster boy for physician assisted suicide" is not that.

No, I don't think you are a right wing fanatical liar and thief; at least, I don't think that yet. In fact, I don't really know much about you at all. From your posts this year, you seem like a great guy, which is why I initially stood up for you.
2014-11-22, 10:52 AM #210
I don't much know what I'm talking about, but I imagine that if you want to gain some respect among the more established members here, perhaps you can start by explaining just what your intents were in this thread from 2009:

http://forums.massassi.net/vb3/showthread.php?55657-Any-one-want-to-go-to-the-beach-next-year

The general consensus there seems to be that you wanted to scam them. What gives?
2014-11-22, 10:54 AM #211
Originally posted by SF_GoldG_01:
I started fresh when I rejoined.

No, you didn't. You don't get to decide that.

If you want to convince me that you're a better person now, worthy of respect, it's going to take a lot of work. And that's really the problem, because despite the years you're still looking for the easy way out:

- You feel you don't need to earn respect, you are automatically entitled to it by virtue of existence.
- You feel you are automatically a different person because time has passed.
- You feel your record is automatically expunged because CoolMatty unbanned you.

Sure, declaring that you are entitled to respect is a step up from how you used to try to earn it, by passing off others' work as your own, but in the grand scheme of things it's not a very big one.
2014-11-22, 11:03 AM #212
The general consensus there seems to be that you wanted to scam them. What gives?

I never thought he was trying to scam anyone.

I thought he was a dumbass teenager trying to score a quick buck and free vacation c/o his internet friends, by bundling a few commonly available services together. Which is still shady as all get out, but feasible. I just suggested the scenario and remedy because I knew SF_GoldG_01 would be too lazy to make a final plan and contact vendors until the goddamn day-of.
2014-11-22, 11:35 AM #213
Maybe a portion of the people who went missing in Mexico in the past years is because of his travel agency services.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2014-11-23, 5:33 PM #214
I never thought he was trying to scam anyone.

I thought he was a dumbass teenager trying to score a quick buck and free vacation c/o his internet friends, by bundling a few commonly available services together. Which is still shady as all get out, but feasible. I just suggested the scenario and remedy because I knew SF_GoldG_01 would be too lazy to make a final plan and contact vendors until the goddamn day-of.

I had contacted the hotel and I was offered a big discount if I brought in a group people (I think it was 30 or something). I also had contacted a bus line company, and they offered me the same, a big discount for a group of people. Like you say, I bundled them, added a bit of value for a small amount of profit and to cover expenses. People could have gone to the beach for a whole lot cheaper then going by themselves. Needless to say, I only got a hand full of people to sign up, most couldn't travel at the dates the hotel gave me, and I ended up returning everyone's money when the confirm date passed. It was legit, just not properly explained.

EDIT: It is probably worth noting that this is a very common place service in Mexico, literally anyone can do it and there is a surplus of trip organizers in most cities, I am under the impression that this less commonplace in the U.S. and other countries, but not unheard of, but I might be wrong.
2014-11-23, 7:25 PM #215
Rationalizing something by saying it happens a lot in Mexican cities is not a good way to reassure people that it's on the up and up.
>>untie shoes
2014-11-23, 8:33 PM #216
Originally posted by Antony:
Rationalizing something by saying it happens a lot in Mexican cities is not a good way to reassure people that it's on the up and up.

That's not fair. It's not the Mexicans' fault their country is a corrupt ****hole.

I mean, unless democracy is a real thing that works. lmao.
2014-11-26, 8:35 PM #217
2014-11-29, 8:22 AM #218
this week in regulatory capture

http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2014/09/eric-cantor-cashes-34-million-wall-street
2014-12-01, 10:01 PM #219
I mean, unless democracy is a real thing that works. lmao.

I don't think Democratic government input is worthless, it just requires specfic conditions to work properly. The people involved need to care about the right issues, and have a good reason for caring. There also needs to be a strong cultural stigma against corruption. Our problem is that we care too much about issues we can't possible be adequately informed about, and don't care nearly enough about the integrity of our politicians. I think the increase of voter loyalty to parties has greatly reduced the consequences to misconduct. Nixon, for example, would have easily gotten away with Watergate today.
2014-12-06, 8:08 PM #220
Happy Days Are Here Again, Mary Landrieu Got Her Ass Beat Tonight, Mary Landrieu Got Her Ass Beat Tonight, Happy Days Are Here Again!
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2014-12-07, 9:48 PM #221
thank god, a member of the party that thinks rich white people should own all the real and personal property lost to a member of the party that thinks rich white people should own all the blacks
2014-12-08, 4:48 PM #222
She's a Southern Democrat. She likely thinks rich white people should own all the real and personal property and all the blacks.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2014-12-08, 5:43 PM #223
then i guess i don't understand why you're so happy to see her go
2014-12-08, 6:23 PM #224
I'm not rich. Duh.

2014-12-08, 10:42 PM #225
hasn't stopped you voting for white supremacists yet
2014-12-09, 1:27 PM #226
ikr

↑ Up to the top!